www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Bones Reply with quote

The search hits starting coming in for Chandra Levy in the news, and I didn't look into them. They were all about a new show, Bones, and they all said about the same thing, that the show they were reviewing, apparently the series premiere show, was obviously a Chandra case rip off. I didn't read further to see if they liked it or not or when it was on. Everything so far along those lines have been extremely disappointing.

I was checking tonight what Nancy Grace was covering and as I flipped around I saw Bones on Fox TV. It appears to be a series and this first show sets up the characters as they deal with a skeleton found in water. This turned out to be a story that is obviously a hybrid of Chandra and Laci's cases.

The writer or writers were well versed in those cases, quite frankly dealing with it more accurately as a story than Court TV did with their special on Chandra's case a few weeks ago.

Of special interest was that the 22 to 25 year old girl, 5'3", 110 pounds (Chandra's description) was black. Yes, they hybrided Chandra and Jennifer Thomas and then had her buried in water as Laci was. Also similar to Laci's case was stuff about cement being found and used to convict the killer, the Senator whom she interned for.

I couldn't watch it straight through, I have a low threshold for bad writing, but suffice to say the Senator was nailed and convicted within an hour just like crime shows are supposed to.

The skull was shattered and they had pieced it together and determined it was shattered by a 20 pound sledgehammer, and lo and behold a search warrant for the Senator's home turned up a 20 pound sledgehammer. I didn't pay much attention but as usual there was indisputable forensic evidence linking the hammer and skull.

It is tv after all.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: any more new RD on "BONE" Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't pay much attention but as usual there was indisputable forensic evidence linking the hammer and skull.
It is TV after all.

rd

rd: It is TV after all, where all crime is solved and all of life goes on.

My question is -- Have you heard anything further on this show "BONES?"

I never heard of it. Don't know why.

Off to Comments on TV LAND!

Just interested in what cases they are doing. I'm not much for Forensic type programs, or the hit series- "CSI" -- even for entertainment purposes. I find the org. to move much to slow, and filled with bull.

I do enjoy the actors on MIAMI CSI and the scenery better but do not watch that either. And if I chose to watch any of that series, I would probably go for the CSI NY. The main actor is good, GARY, and the Greek gal. That is my TV assessment. More the Law and Order person. Many of the shows are based on fact, even with the disclaimer they present.

Now off the subject, but even if it is gritty, rather adult, rather edgy and filthy I do find "RESCUE ME" to at least border on the basis of reality as some know it. Based on firemen dealing with PTS and the aftermath of 9-11, one watches how they have real life problems. This show crosses every social taboo, and boundary. Not politically correct at all. Nothing I would watch with my grandfather. At first I thought it would be filled with Denis Leary Jokes rehashed. I had the pleasure of having a brief encounter with Denis- and I adore his in your face satire, comedy & work with firemen. I find his show to get more intense. The reality of many of lives real situations that people face that they often don't speak about are put right out there:

Death of children, gay issues, addictions, dealing with a wife's illness and letting go, players, etc. I find it harder to watch each week. That is just my added addition to your tv section here. I know I went off base but .... LIFE IS NOT THE APPRENTICE....

A side note: Often I sing the open tune at home with friends. Yes, the lyrics are fitting to many.

So-rd, please let me know if I should be tuned to "BONES" and make no bones about this with your answer.

Always your buddy
GG
rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, Bones is a CSI forensic show copycat, as if CSI didn't copy each other enough times. I saw it scheduled again this week, I didn't even look to see what the show was about. I don't follow forensic shows or the many spinoffs such as Cold Case and too many to name.

I found Cold Case especially disgusting given what where we are with Chandra Levy's case. In Cold Case, all they have to do is talk with people after twenty, thirty, forty, or even fifty years after the murder and while eveyone is in their sixty's or seventy's or even later in age, it's llike no one ever asked them about the case before and the murderer is nailed within the requisite hour.

I guess after Condit passes on media companies will feel safe to discuss the details of Chandra's death. Risk free entertainment I guess we can call it. Such a worthy contribution to society.

rd

P.S. Rescue Me sounds interesting, I haven't seen it or even heard of it. I'll check it out if I run across it.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

By your "BONES" answer, we have the same taste. I have to repeat this for the hell of it.

Quote:
I found Cold Case especially disgusting given what where we are with Chandra Levy's case. In Cold Case, all they have to do is talk with people after twenty, thirty, forty, or even fifty years after the murder and while eveyone is in their sixty's or seventy's or even later in age, it's llike no one ever asked them about the case before and the murderer is nailed within the requisite hour.

I guess after Condit passes on media companies will feel safe to discuss the details of Chandra's death. Risk free entertainment I guess we can call it. Such a worthy contribution to society.

I hate all those type of shows. The comparison you make with Chandra is so true-especially in regard to the Cold Case type shows. I will say both of them-the so called "true one" and the entertaining sleeper one. The True one I watched a couple times and the sleeper one I watched when the mind was a blur but I got sleepy.. I love when you put it in words how they wait so long to interview people, What is it- Like 3000 years till they open up the files of the victims?. That is what I love. It is like having Matlock do a case. Slow motion crime.

And it is true--Gary may make it through on the media once companies feel he is safe meat to market.

--That is why I still watch some of the L & Order series, not too much the original since Lenny is gone. But, at least the episodes are dated in our world, and you can clearly see who they are talking about if you are working with a half of deck at least......They do not have much fear either in their broadcasting.

In regard to D. Leary, It is pretty gritty rd, (FX series). The season just ended, but re-runs shown and will be renewed. I know those of tastes that can't handle gritty and enjoy it. Very rough like some of his satire comedy. "See the "no cure of cancer tour", I'll get you a DVD run off or a VCR (whatever you choose). You will howl, I know you can handle*** This is good on a night you may want to laugh. Pure insanity.

Well, keep plugging away at the G-Man. I did write Rita awhile back, no word - I guess much going on these days, but I do have a long list of all stations and will get working after I solve a few things.

Chow man.

GG)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: