www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Pregnant Woman- Amanda Jones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Missing Pregnant Woman- Amanda Jones Reply with quote

I heard about this yesterday but wanted to wait until today as the Police were not calling it "FOUL PLAY!" and putting out alerts. I do not know why! Praying for this woman and hoping it does not turn & point to her boyfriend.

Each day brings more heartache. Let's hope she is found.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/+
story/18C53B66415B8F708625705F0015F5FA?OpenDocument

Police suspend search for pregnant woman near Hillsboro
By Matthew Hathaway
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/15/2005

Amanda Jones
(Handout)

UPDATE at 2:15 p.m.:

Police have temporarily suspended the search for a pregnant Pevely woman who has been missing since Sunday evening.

Amanda Jones, 26, was last seen at the horse show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County about 5 p.m. Sunday.

Jones is nine months pregnant. Family members said she had gone to the fair grounds to meet with the father of her unborn baby.

Police said Jones was reported missing by her parents, who were babysitting her 4-year-old daughter in Festus.

Although police said they don’t consider the man a suspect, family members said police met with him and his lawyer on Monday.

Police would not confirm the meeting but said the man was cooperating with authorities.

Police found Jones’ unlocked car at the civic center but said it offered no clues as to her whereabouts.

About 80 to 100 police and firefighters searched the fairgrounds and nearby woods Monday but found no trace of Jones or any clue as to her whereabouts. ¶

Lt. Tommy Wright of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said police were suspending their search while they gather additional information.
]
Wright said it was out of character for Jones to disappear without alerting her friends and family but said police had no evidence to indicate foul play.

“We don’t have anything to indicate there was a crime committed at this point,” Wright said.

Wright said police had checked with area hospitals, searched Jones’ home and visited the homes of her friends but found nothing suspicious.

“I think what concerns us the most is she’s nine months pregnant and this is totally uncharacteristic of her behavior,” Wright said. “We’re just hoping to find her and that she’s safe.”

Police describe Jones as 5-foot-8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals.

Police are circulating a photo of Jones wearing eyeglasses, but family members said she was wearing contact lenses when she disappeared. ¶

---------------

Our earlier story:

More than 75 police officers and firefighters searched the Hillsboro area Monday for a pregnant 26-year-old Pevely woman who has been missing since about 5 p.m. Sunday.

Amanda Jones, who works as a loan processor at Eagle Bank in Festus, was last seen at the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County.

Police found Jones' car at the civic center. The vehicle was unlocked and offered no clues as to the woman's whereabouts, said Capt. Ralph Brown, of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Jones' father, Hubert Propst, said his daughter is nine months pregnant and had gone to the center to meet with the father of the unborn baby. Police said they don't consider that man to be a suspect.

Propst said his daughter was a divorced mother of a 4-year-old girl and that Jones didn't go very far from home without alerting relatives.

Lt. Tommy Wright, head of the detective bureau at the sheriff's office, agreed that it would be "out of character" for Jones to disappear without alerting friends and family.

"There's no reason to suspect foul play, but we have a lot of questions ... And we obviously can't rule anything out at this point," Wright said.

Police describe Jones as 5-foot-8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals.

Police are circulating a photo of Jones wearing eyeglasses, but Propst said he believed his daughter was wearing contact lenses when she disappeared.

con't coverage.

Last edited by gozgals on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: con't coverage Reply with quote

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83374

Pregnant Woman Vanishes; Family Fears Foul Play
created: 8/16/2005 12:15:43 PM
updated: 8/17/2005 8:08:56 AM

(KSDK) - "I'm scared to death actually, but I'm just holding on to faith my daughter is going to come home." Bertha Propst last saw her daughter Amanda Jones on Sunday at church, "She was glorious-in a very happy mood very bubbly."

Jones told her parents she was meeting the father of the son she was expecting to deliver at any moment. Detectives say Amanda drove to the Hillsboro Civic Center around 1:00 p.m. Sunday. The man Jones met told detectives they talked for an hour before he left. Jones hasn't been seen since.

"It's the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. A child is a precious thing," says Bertha.

"I sat up all night thinking I was going to see her driving down the driveway. Didn't happen. Didn't happen. And it hasn't happened yet," says Hubert.

Detectives questioned the man who met Jones on Sunday. He is not being called a suspect, and right now the case is being handled as a missing person.

"We're not ruling out any possibilities, but there is no physical evidence leading us to believe anything has happened to her other than she's a missing person," says Lieutenant Tommy Wright with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.

The Propst family and friends have handed out 1,500 fliers with Amanda's picture. "I'm always going to have hope until I keep hearing her say, 'Mom, mom,' and know she is there."

Police found Amanda's car in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center, but her purse and cell phone were not inside.

Anyone with information about Amanda Jones should call the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department Detective Bureau at 636-797-5515
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: con't. Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/+
story/1A4B16E1B9C9D5FF86257060001A32A5?OpenDocument&highlight=+
2%2C%22amanda%22+AND+%22jones%22

Family fears for safety of missing pregnant woman
By Matthew Hathaway
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/17/2005

Amanda Jones told her friends and co-workers to keep her in their prayers this month. She was expecting to deliver a baby boy, her second child, and she was delighted.

But now Jones' friends and family are keeping the single mother in their prayers for a different reason.

Jones, who is nine months pregnant, hasn't been seen since Sunday evening, and police searching for the 26-year-old Pevely woman say they're running out of leads.

At the Eagle Bank in Festus, where Jones worked as a loan administrator, her colleagues spent much of Tuesday talking and worrying about their popular co-worker.

"We are all praying," said Marysue Arft, one of the 40 Eagle Bank employees who was at a baby shower for Jones two months ago.

Although police are quick to point out that they haven't found evidence of any crime, some family members, including Hubert Propst, Jones' father, suspect foul play.

Jones was last seen at the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County about 5 p.m. Sunday. Police found Jones' unlocked car at the civic center but said it offered no clues as to her whereabouts. Jones went to the Civic Center to meet Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her unborn child. Westfall's attorney said that when his client left the Civic Center, Jones was in the parking lot talking on her cell phone.

Jones was reported missing by her parents, who were baby-sitting her 4-year-old daughter in Festus. Jones is due to give to birth later this month, police said.

More than 80 police and firefighters searched the horse-show grounds and nearby woods Monday but found no trace of Jones or any clue as to her whereabouts. Lt. Tommy Wright of the Jefferson County sheriff's office said police were suspending their search while they try to turn up new leads.

Wright said he was told it was out of character for Jones to disappear without alerting her friends and family but said police had no evidence of foul play. He added that police had checked with area hospitals, searched Jones' home and visited the homes of her friends but found nothing suspicious.

Westfall has met with police "several times" to discuss the disappearance, said Kevin Roberts, the attorney representing the 36-year-old farmer and former instructor at Jefferson College.

Roberts said that Westfall has cooperated fully with the investigation and that he has allowed police to search his home. Roberts would not discuss the relationship between Westfall and Jones, but he said that his client "has done nothing wrong."

Police describe Jones as 5-foot-8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call 636-797-5515.

Much TV News Coverage is starting on this story now. I only saw some yesterday morning.

G)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the posts, G. I saw her picture tonight on Fox News. My first thought is that the cell phone must be off else they would be reporting that the signal is being picked up by some tower. A confirmation of when she was talking it on last and where would help and should be immediately available to police with a warrant. I would assume they've done this by now.

There are three angles to this. There is the father to be who murders his wife before the baby is born ala Scott Peterson.

There is the gruesome woman who wants to give birth virtually by cutting out a baby from a victim.

And there is the rare mother to be who runs away because she really wasn't pregnant, and sometimes ends up being the woman looking for a victim as above.

The key to me would be confirming her cell phone call an hour after she arrived at the horse show when the boyfriend said he was leaving and who she was talking to.

We also of course have another pregnant woman missing, Latoyia Figueroa of Philadelphia. We haven't been covering her or Natalee Hollaway these past few weeks, and I surely hope they are all found soon.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: updates: Reply with quote

I had a few updates yesterday I didn't get a chance to post in or discuss.

I'm going to post the links now. One will not open. I will be back later to talk about your post rd and the other missing women. But let me go ahead and fill you in and all on the rest of this story. I failed to put down one part of the story that was important.

http://www.foxktvi.com/

**** MISSING PREGNANT WOMAN NEEDS MEDICATION TO KEEP HER ALIVE

Amanda Jones' family says the unmarried woman was diagnosed with Graves Disease and needs thyroid pills to keep her alive. Further, we found medication for the unborn child. The home certainly does not appear to be one of a woman who would simply leave on her own. There is an entire bedroom well equipped for an infant. There are even diapers and a sign on the door reading 'Baby Hayden's room.' She had positioned a bassinet in her own bedroom for when she first brought baby Hayden home from the hospital. The home is full of memories of her high school graduation, her bowling team activities, photos of Dolly Parton whom she adored, and the beloved dolphins she collected. The family says she was hoping to name the child Hayden Lucas Westfall after the man she believed to be the father, Byron Lee Westfall. After not communicating for nine months, he called her last week to meet her at the Hillsboro Civic Center, where they met back in December. She was planning to ask for his permission to name the child in his honor. Then she vanished.

The sheriff says investigators are no longer talking directly with Westfall. All communications are now going through an attorney he's hired. Still the sheriff says both Westfall and his attorney have been cooperating fully. He says Westfall is not a suspect.

Amanda has a four-year-old daughter from a previous marriage. She currently is living with other relatives.

More than a dozen investigators, including agents from the FBI are on the manhunt. Sheriff's deputies found her blue Pontiac Sunfire unlocked in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center. Jones' purse, her keys and her cell phone are all missing. A half-hour before the meeting, Jones stopped off a Walgreens store in Festus. The video was taken by store surveillance cameras. They record she entered the store at 12:27pm shortly after she left the Calvary Assembly of God church where she attended with her parents. After shopping for a few minutes, she left the store at 12:35pm. She spent $10.89 on a her Eagle Bank debit card, where she works as a loan processor. She purchased a Dr. Pepper soft drink a can of V05 hair spray and a clip used a key ring.

Amanda Jones is 5 feet 8 inches tall weighing about 225 pounds with blue eyes and blonde hair. She has a dolphin tattoo on her upper left torso. If you have any information on her whereabouts, call the Jefferson County sheriff's department at 636-797-5515.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: con't. Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166015,00.html

The headlines (this one I read but can't re-open the link!) couldn't yesterday, can't today but saved it anyway.

Headline: FOX- U.S. & World - Pregnant Missouri Woman Missing
Since Sunday.

Maybe it will open for you or someone. Don't have the printed copy saved. Hope this is the correct one. It should be.

G)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: From AMW Case Reply with quote

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons

Pregnant Woman Vanishes Just Weeks Shy Of Scheduled Due Date
Police in Hillsboro County, Missouri are searching for 26-year-old Amanda Jones. She was last seen on Sunday, August 7, 2005. She is nine months pregnant and due to deliver at the end of August.>>The Full Story

G)
benn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From gozgal's first message.

>>>Police would not confirm the meeting but said the man was cooperating with authorities.<<<

Sounds familiar.

>>>>Wright said it was out of character for Jones to disappear without alerting her friends and family but said police had no evidence to indicate foul play.

“We don’t have anything to indicate there was a crime committed at this point,” Wright said. <<<<

This sounds like the legaleze. Is that what they teach policemen now, all of these chic phrases that conform to defense attorneys' law?

The plot continues: >>>Jones' father, Hubert Propst, said his daughter is nine months pregnant and had gone to the center to meet with the father of the unborn baby. Police said they don't consider that man to be a suspect.<<<<

>>>"There's no reason to suspect foul play, but we have a lot of questions ... And we obviously can't rule anything out at this point," Wright said. <<<

Why can't they suspect foul play, except maybe they don't want the suspect to think that he is a suspect? Maybe it would be better to let him think that he is a suspect.

Here's a clue to something. >>>
"We're not ruling out any possibilities, but there is no physical evidence leading us to believe anything has happened to her other than she's a missing person," says Lieutenant Tommy Wright with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.<<<

That is doubletalk. The police must think that the rest of the population is stupid. If there is no physical evidence there seems to be some historical evidence. What was the woman's environment, and what was taking place when she vanished?

This seems to tell a lot. >>>> The family says she was hoping to name the child Hayden Lucas Westfall after the man she believed to be the father, Byron Lee Westfall. After not communicating for nine months, he called her last week to meet her at the Hillsboro Civic Center, where they met back in December. She was planning to ask for his permission to name the child in his honor. Then she vanished.<<<

I could comment on this, my comments would not be much good anyway. Children, who turn into adults, are not being taught the way that they should go. When they reach adulthood they are still learning by trial and error. They are breaking God's laws, and many, probably most, are not even aware of God's laws, and God's laws are there to protect them.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good analysis, benn. The same scenario plays out over and over. Just doubletalk legaleze so the reporters will go away.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: adding Reply with quote

comments from the forum:

benn says:

Quote:
This sounds like the legaleze. Is that what they teach policemen now, all of these chic phrases that conform to defense attorneys' law?

Quote:
That is doubletalk. The police must think that the rest of the population is stupid

Rd says:

Quote:
A good analysis, benn. The same scenario plays out over and over. Just doubletalk legaleze so the reporters will go away.

G says:

Without having done any further research this morning on where this investigation stands, to comment on the above.....

I must conclude:

" The police use double-talk. It's all legaleze!. The same scenario plays out over and over.

I feel : IF-- A CHILD GOES MISSING/ AND AN ADULT THAT IS PREGNANT, UNDER ANY TYPE OF CIRCUMSTANCES- AN ALERT SHOULD GO OUT IMMEDIATELY!

The women is on the way to giving birth. It is time to wake up.

We do not suspect Foul Play. (why not). Other situations could lead to a women giving birth, having a problem while this late in a pregnancy. I do not even want to list the dx's here. Please.

I shall post in any follow-ups.

G)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Yesterday's News Link Added Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/
D2ACA8584AFDE6468625706100569053?OpenDocument

Task force seeks missing woman
By Tim Rowden and Matthew Hathaway
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/18/2005

Amanda Jones had already decorated a bedroom of her mobile home in Pevely in a teddy bear and ocean theme for the son she planned to name Hayden Lucas.

She filled a dresser and closet with baby clothes and stocked up on diapers.

Then, she disappeared.

Jones, 26, who is nine months pregnant, hasn't been seen since Sunday evening.

Police say they're treating this as a missing-person case, but her friends and family fear the worst.

On Wednesday, police set up a 20-person task force. Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said: "We felt that it was important to get as many officers involved in the investigation of Ms. Jones' (disappearance) as we possibly could. We're very concerned for her safety."

Boyer said police had no evidence of foul play but considered Jones' disappearance to be suspicious.

A loan administrator at Eagle Bank in Festus, Jones was last seen at the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County about 5 p.m. Sunday. Police found her unlocked car there but said it offered no clues.

Jones was reported missing by her parents, who were baby-sitting her 4-year-old daughter in Festus.

Jones had gone to the Civic Center to meet Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby.

Jones told her parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst of Festus, that she met Westfall at a Christmas party at the Civic Center last year.

"It was just a one-night stand thing," Bertha Propst said. "A mistake."

According to her mother, Jones didn't have any contact with Westfall during her pregnancy. But her mother said Jones had received a phone call from Westfall before she left for church Sunday morning. Jones told her mother that Westfall wanted to get together for lunch.

Jones said she wanted to talk to Westfall to find out whether he wanted to be part of his son's life.

"She wanted to know if he had changed his mind about the baby so she would know what name to give her son when he was born," either Westfall's or her own, Bertha Propst said.

"If he didn't want anything to do with a baby, then she was going to raise him alone without his help," Bertha Propst said.

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, said Tuesday that when his client left the Civic Center, Jones was in the parking lot talking on her cell phone. Roberts said Westfall had cooperated fully with the investigation and had allowed police to search his home. Roberts declined to discuss the relationship between his client and Jones, adding that his client "has done nothing wrong."

Police wouldn't say whether a search of Jones' cell phone records indicates that she placed a call at that time.

Jones' family says she takes medication for Graves' disease, a thyroid disorder that, if left untreated, could lead to serious complications.

Meanwhile, in a quiet neighborhood in Festus, the Propst family sat around the kitchen table of their tidy, single-story home. Jones' parents, along with her sister, Carrie Propst, 18, and brother, Brian Propst, 29, of Terre Haute, Ind., patiently endured a steady stream of reporters and camera crews on Wednesday, all the while reluctant to voice what they feared the most.

Hubert Propst said his daughter might have been abducted by someone who was waiting for her to give birth so they could sell her baby.

"That's one thing that's going through my mind," Hubert Propst said. "The other thing I don't even want to talk about because it's too gruesome."

Bertha Propst said her granddaughter had told her, "Mommy's lost, but the police will find her."

Lt. Col. Steven Meinberg of the Jefferson County sheriff's department said Wednesday that police had scoured the Civic Center and other sites and had found no evidence of a crime.

"There's no sign of a struggle, no broken purse strap, nothing," Meinberg said.

Police have not recovered Jones' purse or cell phone.

More than 80 police and firefighters searched the horse-show grounds and nearby woods Monday but found no clue to Jones' whereabouts. Meinberg said that he didn't expect that search to resume and that, instead, police were following other leads.

He said police had been in contact with hospitals throughout the St. Louis area. He said hospital workers should be on the lookout for Jones or for a newborn not accompanied by a birth mother.

Police describe Jones as 5-foot-8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals. Boyer said police were asking anyone who was traveling north or south on Highway 21 near the Civic Center between noon and nightfall Sunday to call authorities if they recall seeing anything that might help the investigation.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call 636-797-5515
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Links to story: Reply with quote

http://www.wtsp.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=17741

Search continues for missing pregnant woman

Hillsboro, Missouri - Almost two dozen investigators, including agents from the FBI, are now in on the search for a missing Missouri woman.

Twenty seven year-old Amanda Jones is nine months pregnant, and due to deliver her baby any day now.

The woman has been missing since Sunday. Her car was found unlocked in Hillboro outside the civic center where she had a meeting that day with the father of her unborn child.

Earlier that day, surveillance tape at a Walgreen's store shows Jones buying a soda and hairspray. Her family says they don't believe she simply wandered off and that it's not like her not to make contact for three days.

Jones' family has been blanketing the county with flyers, hoping someone will know something to help them find her alive and well. Jones already has a four-year-old daughter who is also worried that something happened to her mother.

Police say they've followed several leads, but so far none have panned out.

Investigators have also questioned the unborn baby's father, but say he is not a suspect because as of yet they have no evidence of a crime.

CBS News

More Articles:
Tampa Bay's 10.com Midday Webcast
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Link- most is the same Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/
E69B6FA69B3E7A7C862570620012D97F?OpenDocument

Many tips, but no leads hamper search for woman

By Tim Rowden
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/18/2005

Amanda Jones

Police don't have any shortage of tips in the mysterious disappearance of a pregnant Pevely woman, but they still don't know what happened to her.

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said investigators had received more than 100 tips about Amanda Jones, who is nine months pregnant and hasn't been seen since Sunday. One tip came from Wisconsin, where a man claimed to have seen Jones sitting in the car behind him at a traffic light.

"Some of the tips have not been helpful," Boyer said.

A loan administrator at Eagle Bank in Festus, Jones, 26, was last seen at the horse show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County about 5 p.m. Sunday. Police found her unlocked car there but said it offered no clues.

Police have not recovered Jones' purse or cell phone but said there had been no activity on her credit cards.

Boyer said a 20-person task force intensified its search for Jones overnight Wednesday, scouring the property near the Civic Center on foot and using canine units. The task force also used an airplane equipped with an infrared imager capable of detecting body heat. Boyer said the searches provided no new clues.

"We have no physical evidence, nor do we have any statements from anyone to indicate that a crime has been committed," Boyer said. But he added that police considered Jones' disappearance to be suspicious.

Jones had gone to the Civic Center to meet Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby.

Jones was reported missing by her parents, who were baby-sitting her 4-year-old daughter in Festus.

Jones had told her parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst, that she met Westfall at a Christmas party at the Civic Center last year.

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, said Tuesday that when his client left the Civic Center on Sunday, Jones was in the parking lot talking on her cell phone. Roberts said Westfall had cooperated fully with the investigation and had allowed police to search his home. Roberts declined to discuss the relationship between his client and Jones, adding that his client has done nothing wrong.

Jones' family says she takes medication for Graves' disease, a thyroid disorder that, if left untreated, could lead to serious complications.

Maranda Lovejoy, a close friend, said Jones doted on her daughter and was excited about having a baby.

Lovejoy said she had been calling Jones nearly every day and last spoke to her Saturday night. "She was tired and ready to have the baby," Lovejoy said. "But she was in good spirits."

Lovejoy, 34, of Herculaneum, said she met Jones about 4 1/2 years ago while bowling in the same league at Quonset Lanes in Crystal City.

Police describe Jones as 5 feet 8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals. Boyer said police were asking anyone who was traveling north or south on Highway 21 near the Civic Center between noon and nightfall Sunday to call authorities if they recall seeing anything that might help the investigation.

Anyone with information about the case can call 636-797-5515.

Reporter Tim Rowden:

G)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: New Reports Reply with quote

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83596

Candlelight Vigil Held for Missing Pevely Woman
created: 8/21/2005 9:52:03 PM
updated: 8/22/2005 8:59:41 AM

(Click for photo)

By Jack Wang

KSDK-As a symbol of hope, Amanda Jones' family, friends and co-workers released purple balloons. Amanda's father Hubert Propst says, "Purple is my daughter's favorite color, she loves purple, purple anything, she's a purple fanatic."

The 26-year-old Pevely woman was last seen one week ago, in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center. Family members say she came to meet with the father of her unborn son. Police later found her car at the civic center, but no sign of Amanda.

"A nine-month pregnant woman doesn't just disappear like that. Somebody has to have seen or know something, they're just afraid to say," said Bertha Propst, Amanda's mother.

Many tears were shed by her parents and her co-workers at Eagle Bank. "We've all expressed being angry at her. We'd liked the chance to be angry at her. We just want her back. We want the baby back," said Joan Pallme.

Amanda's parents say hope and prayer gives them strength, but time is also their enemy. "It's very hard. It's very hard. I not only have a daughter that's missing out there, but I have a grandson, too, that's missing," said Bertha Propst.

Jefferson County police tell NewsChannel 5 that the girlfriend of the man Jones went to meet last Sunday has hired an attorney. They continue to follow up on more than 150 leads in connection with the disappearance.

KSDK
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Articles con't. Reply with quote

http://wb11tv.trb.com/kplr-news-082105-3,0,1999748.story?coll=kplr-home-1

Missing Woman

By Theresa Petry

She is due to deliver her baby today. Sunday night there was still no sign of Amanda Jones.

The pregnant 26-year old Peveley woman disappeared without a trace over a week ago. Friends and family held a candlelight vigil Sunday night at the Civic Center in Hillsboro, where she was seen. They hope it sheds light on her whereabouts. "Each day I wake up it gets harder," said Amanda's mom, Bertha Propst. She couldn't hold back the tears.

The candlelight prayer vigil served as a way to console family and friends. "Just everything we can do to support them and encourage them and just try to share the burden with them. Nobody feels the burden like they do of course," says Ray Caringer, a church minister.

A crowd of at least one hundred packed the parking lot to pray for Amanda. "She had a lot of friends. A lot of people love her," cried mom. Tears were shed and comfort found in hugs, but it was about more than emotional support. They released balloons with Amanda's picture and a plea for information. As the balloons soared in the sky candles were lit in the hopes of illuminating leads. "Please don't be afraid to come forward I know a lot of people don't want to get involved but think of it it could be your mom, your sister, your daughter," said mom.

The family has heard rumors and bits of new information but police can't confirm anything. While they sang about no worries and no fear,they do fear life without Amanda. "Her little girl needs her back and we do too," sobbed mom. Amanda Jones' family says she went to the Civic Center last Sunday to meet the father of her baby, Brian Westfall. Westfall did admit to police he met Amanda there. Police say he is not a suspect. Westfall nor his attorney have returned our calls.

Her car was found in the parking lot but her cell phone and purse were gone. Police aren't commenting on phone records. They will only say neither her ATM card or cell phone have been used since last Sunday.
Copyright © 2005, KPLR

This case seems to be heading in a direction we are all famaliar with.
Let us hope the outcome is not one that we are all fearing.

G)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: