www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Court TV special on Scott Peterson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Court TV special on Scott Peterson Reply with quote

I just saw this on courttv tonight. Catherine Crier was the interviewer, mostly interviewing Modesto detectives and Amber Frey, mostly about how the Modesto detectives felt Peterson was guilty because of the way he acted, Laci's hair in the pliers portrayed as the forensic evidence needed to convict him.

Not only did I not see anything new, this was about as superficial as the recent show on Chandra. I'm going to delete the courttv chennel off my remote so that they never waste my time again.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: laughing rd, and buying books Reply with quote

THAT'S GOLD RD !

I got my evening laugh.

I knew I was forced out of the house for some reason. When I saw the TV blitz on this, I said, "NO WAY" am I going to watch..So, this is where I went.

I went out to the bookstores. You got it. It is pretty dang hot outside too. I think I'm toasted.

I get lost in bookstores. My favorite places, even though I told you I'm still having difficulty since the accident reading, writing, and doing anything related. I hunted for your book where I buy various new , but mostly used books, (usually I buy art books at this store, and Holocaust books). It was a no go and they don't order. I had to get out of this place quick--

It's a gold mine and I could stay for hours. I usually pick up books to save for when I can read and artwork I can frame. I got some great deals on some little VanGogh and Dali prints. (reprints, of course)

I slithered off to a Barnes & N. They closed down. I was exhausted at this point. I then found a smaller bookstore. They did not carry your book and I started to hunt around the store. But, a handsome prince came to the rescue and offered to Order Your Book Just for Me!

(babe factor here) I kid ya... sorry rd- I told him not to worry- I would order online as he was only going to get ONE and up the price!!! Cute kid though. I was hoping you had your pic on the back cover too. Ah, what the heck.

I did find a great book marked down on Holocaust criminals, (as if I need another one) to sit on the shelf to gather dust till I can read it. All and all, life is an adventure in the arts and literature.

So, my night was much better since I missed the above mentioned show.

More to post and I have a Book to Order. Already found a reader to move me along. (ah)

G
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking for Murder on a Horse Trail in bookstores, gozgals. It is not stocked in stores, despite keeping my picture off the cover. :) I published with a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble and it had the potential of being stocked by them but never sold well enough for them to carry it.

It might have sold well enough if it it had ever been mentioned by papers that did a lot of reporting on Chandra's case such as the Modesto Bee or Washington Post, but no one mentioned it even though I credit their reporting throughout the book. I am not a name and I also broke the rules of publishing by writing on a so called open case. I am not afraid of being sued by Condit but apparently everyone else is.

I think I posted my picture once on a former Chandra site but that was three or four years ago and the picture was probably a year or two old then, so I don't have any recent pictures. One of these days I'll get an updated photo, at least I should while I still look younger than my 53 years and the aging process doesn't do double time to catch up. :)

I was in a Barnes & Noble last week and checked what they had for True Crime. It was one little section of a bookshelf, mostly paperbacks, very pathetic looking titles. Probably most prominent author was Ann Rule.

By the way, a wonderful member of our site sent me a gift of an Ann Rule book last year while I was deep in unemployment and couldn't have bought a book if I wanted. Ann Rule certainly deserves the shelf space she got. The rest was very pathetic is the kindest thing I can say about the motley collection of titles.

As long as publishers can refuse to publish about current cases that people are interested in, that won't change. I believe what I am doing here is the right thing to do and the start of a new way of publishing to break the publishing industry's blockade on the truth behind current cases, no matter how cold.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a commercial the other day, I think it was a fast food commercial. Anyway, two mafia types are pouring cement into a large bucket a tied up man is standing up in. The thought crossed my mind of Laci Peterson and Scott pouring cement in those buckets. There was quite a bit of speculation of when Peterson poured that cement which led directly to the degree of planning of her murder or even if it was premeditated at all.

It was allegedly anchors that Peterson was making by pouring cment in those buckets which would be attached to her limbs. But consider that Laci's body came up from those anchors without breaking the attachments to the anchors, attachments surely on the order of duct tape, would they not be?

Yet her very limb bones broke rather than her feet or hands coming up with her body. That suggests to me that her hands and feet were solidified in the cement anchors, yet there was very little time for Peterson to make anchors that morning. Some have suggested that he must have made them ahead of time, yet he didn't clean up from where he made them, highly unlilkely in my mind.

Now returning to the dry cement being poured on the large bucket around a guy's feet in the commercial, obviously meant to be funny and not necessarily realistic, I wondered, would cement that hadn't fully set yet remain in the buckets around Laci's feet and hands as she is dropped in the bay? Would the cement continue to set under water?

I did a search in Google and came up with this:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-concrete-and-cement.htm

Cement is made from limestone, calcium, silicon, iron and aluminum, plus lesser amounts of other ingredients. This mixture is heated in large kilns to about 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit (1,482 degrees Celsius) to form a product called clinkers, which roughly resemble marbles. These are ground to a powder and gypsum is added, creating the gray flour-like substance known as cement. When water is added to cement, a chemical process occurs as it dries, allowing it to harden.

Cement was a building material of both the Greeks and the Romans, but when Rome fell the widespread use of cement was lost for hundreds of years. Then in the 1700's Joseph Aspdin, a British citizen, discovered that if he added clay to limestone then superheated it, the resulting mixture would set anywhere, even under water. He patented what he called Portland cement, which is still the cement in use today.

end quote

I think Laci's hands and feet are in those anchors, and that Peterson poured cement in buckets around her hands and feet and then drove to San Francisco Bay to drop her from the boat, knowing the cement would continue to set even after he dropped her in the water. He planned to clean up the warehouse when he could without raising suspicion after reporting Laci missing but never planned on all the attention Laci's disappearance got from the Modesto police.

I don't think those anchors set in his warehouse, in all senses of the word.

rd
propria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> I am not a name and I also broke the rules of publishing by writing on a so called open case. <<<

i have no doubt that those facts were very real factors in the cold shoulder you got from the mainstream media, pretty much across the board. however, i think the real reason you were summarily dismissed by the many media operations you contacted, generally including a gratis copy of 'murder on a horse trail', is much more insidious and infinitely more frightening than being brushed off because you're not 'in with the [journalistic] in crowd'.

i think you were ignored by the media 'powers that be' because you did a highly effective job of presenting clear, established, well documented truth about chandra and her disappearance, and because the kind of truth your book presented about a government official was the one thing no one was willing to touch with a media spotlight. if every single element in this case were exactly the same as they are now, except that gary condit was a shoe salesman or such instead of an elected official, i have no doubt that her killer would have been apprehended, tried and convicted by now, and justice would have been served.

nanci

[/i]
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree, nanci. Along those lines, see my latest post on the media in Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion. I think you will find it interesting.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rd"]Thanks for looking for Murder on a Horse Trail in bookstores, gozgals. It is not stocked in stores, despite keeping my picture off the cover. :) I published with a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble and it had the potential of being stocked by them but never sold well enough for them to carry it.

It might have sold well enough if it it had ever been mentioned by papers that did a lot of reporting on Chandra's case such as the Modesto Bee or Washington Post, but no one mentioned it even though I credit their reporting throughout the book. I am not a name and I also broke the rules of publishing by writing on a so called open case. I am not afraid of being sued by Condit but apparently everyone else is.

I think I posted my picture once on a former Chandra site but that was three or four years ago and the picture was probably a year or two old then, so I don't have any recent pictures. One of these days I'll get an updated photo, at least I should while I still look younger than my 53 years and the aging process doesn't do double time to catch up. :)

I was in a Barnes & Noble last week and checked what they had for True Crime. It was one little section of a bookshelf, mostly paperbacks, very pathetic looking titles. Probably most prominent author was Ann Rule.

By the way, a wonderful member of our site sent me a gift of an Ann Rule book last year while I was deep in unemployment and couldn't have bought a book if I wanted. Ann Rule certainly deserves the shelf space she got. The rest was very pathetic is the kindest thing I can say about the motley collection of titles.

As long as publishers can refuse to publish about current cases that people are interested in, that won't change. I believe what I am doing here is the right thing to do and the start of a new way of publishing to break the publishing industry's blockade on the truth behind current cases, no matter how cold.

rd[/quote]

Hi rd! I haven't been here in awhile but recognized myself in your 5th paragraph. Thanks for the compliment! I remember the book was about Ann Marie Fahey in Delaware, but I can't remember the title. It is a good one, too bad it had to be written. I've been posting - see you soon!
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kortnie, good to see you! :) I was hoping the site would not be needed anymore after Scott Peterson was convicted and hopefully something would happen on Chandra's case, but I'll be doggoned if the disappearances of women are increasing to where people can't even keep up.

I posted about a Columbus girl disappearing a couple of days ago and now I see another one tonight, calling from a cell phone lost driiving around, and now she's gone. It's just unbelievable, day after day.

I hope you have a chance to keep on posting, even if we disagree occasionally, but I'm sure most people here agree with you. :)

The Ann Rule book on Ann Marie Fahey was so similar to Chandra's murder that it was eerie. I am glad I read it after I wrote Murder on a Horse Trail because I more or less wrote with a a clean slate not having any preconceived notions on how a true crime should read. But it gave me a lot more appreciation for Ann Rule's work after going through it myself.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think, rd, that you will ever close this site down (unless you want to). But, it won't be because girls and women have stopped disappearing, that's for sure. I'm just being realistic.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, but you're right.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: