www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100K reward for Chandra murder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: 100K reward for Chandra murder Reply with quote

Did you all know that the Enquirer is offering a $100,000.00 reward for clues that solve her murder? I was looking through some of the old issues and ran across it. To my knowledge the offer has never been withdrawn. It was in one the issues shortly after her body was found. The offer is in the 6-18-02 issue of the Enguirer. The phone # is (561) 989-1317 or
email - letters@nationalenquirer.com
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't know that, blondie. I remember discussing at some point the Enquirer reward wording and thought it had been concluded it was for her safe return because the turtle man didn't get a reward.

Or something to that effect. I remember some posts with two versions of quotes of offers from the Enquirer. Maybe one was for finding her and then one for the solving of her murder. Interesting, blondie.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can start a reward fund for Chandra. If we each put in a dollar or so we might collect a little money. Then we can advertise the fund and hope that it will grow. In any event it would always be a reminder to the public about that particular case. Maybe more cases might benefit by private rewards.

One drawback, it might cost more to manage the fund than there would be money in the fund. Some bank might be attracted to the fund, to hold it for free until the murderer(s) are found.

It ain't over until it is over.

I sort of like that idea of more private reward funds for various missing person cases. People who are interested in particular cases could keep the public involved that way. Some websites could keep all of the private rewards posted and up to date.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the remains were found, the Enquirer offered a reward for her safe return - afterwards, they offered the other award Blondie mentioned above.
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea!! Maybe someone should contact the Enquirer and tell them there are many prople who would like to add money to their reward.
That would serve the purpose of someone handling the money because it would be sent directly to them AND it surely would be publicized.

LET'S JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead, They've never responded to me. :) Speaking of which, I am confused about the thing about money being held, both in this discussion and with Condit's $10k. When somone pledges money for a reward, they don't normally come up with it and give it to somebody, do they? When would a donor normally get their money back?

It doesn't sound right to me that Condit gave $10k to the reward foundation. H eprobably did, but it doesn't seem like the normal way of doing things to me.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit got his 10K back. The initital reward fund was set up for the 'safe' return of missing Chandra Levy, so when they found her body, they did not have to pay anyone. So anyone that requested their mpney back got it. Condit asked for his $ back and they gave it to him.

The one I'm referring to is still open. It specifies that 100K will be given to anyone that provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her murder.

RD - I think you should rightfully call them and then you would probably get exposure of your book and it would sell. You could tell them that we, here at Justice for Chandra would like to donate.
benn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I sent my email to the ENQUIRER. Letters can not hurt a magazine unless they all say cancel my subscription. If magazines don't get any letters maybe they do not have any readers.

If the Enquirer thinks someone here is trying to still collect that reward that might catch the Enquirer's attention. Nothing we have done has stirred up anyone yet anyway, but there might always be a first time.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fact. Who knows? But I have emailed the Enquirer and called and talked to someone offering free excerpts of my book. This was at the time of nogotiations in their lawsuit with Condit. They have not talked to me since it was announced it was settled.

They did print a story later, but notice that they blame a governnment contractor for Chandra's murder who Condit somehow unknowingly introduced to her, or some such nonsense.

I think those lawsuits put a lot of fear into publishers.

Blondie, my point is, does someone normally give their pledges reward to a reward fund for them to hold for more than a year or who knows how long until the person is found? What if Chandra hadn't been found? Did Chandra need to be found for Condit to get his money back, and how bad did he need his money back?

It's hard for me to believe that pledge money is come up with at the time of the pledge as the normal course. Maybe I'm missing something here.

rd

Last edited by rd on Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she had not yet been found, then the original reward would still be active. The initial reward was for 'her safe return'.

This reward is offered by the Enquirer for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer and was started AFTER she was found murdered.

By looking at GC FEC acct, he received the 10K and appeared to me that he needed it to finish paying off bills when he lost the election.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. Pledges are made everyday for reward funds. Do most who make a pledge write a check and give it to someone when they make the pledge? I just don't see that they would. I don't believe that's the way it would normally work.

My point isn't that Condit didn't do it, my point is why did he do it when it does not seem to be the normal way to pledge money for a reward fund. For example, had Chandra not been found, the fund would still be holding his $10K?

Something is very wrong with this whole thing unless someone educates me that reward pledgers normally write a check when they make a pledge and the money sits there until the person is found. Otherwise I don't believe that anyone would normally do that, except Condit did. Why?

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how that works, but you could call the Enquirer and ask. I really think rd that that you should pursue this and get some publicity going about the reward. Then it would also get publicity for your website and your book.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of course that the Enquirer themselves didn't come up with $100k and give it to someone. And of course they have nothing to do wiith random people pledging rewards, for example, those that pledged rewards for finding Natalee in Aruba. No way those people came up with tens of thousands of doallras and sent it off to someone to hold for maybe years if Natalee wasn't found.

But Condit did.

Blondie, I've already tried contacting the Enquirer as I said. They didn't respond. If someone else has something to say to them, they should, but no one ever responds and I'm done trying to contact people.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Enquirer did put up or pledge the 100K.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They pledged it the same as anyone else would. Condit wrote a check. Sounds like his pledge was overkill to me.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: