www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rita Cosby out at Fox News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Rita Cosby out at Fox News Reply with quote

Rita's reporting contributed a lot to Murder on a Horse Trail. She still remained one of the few reporters who was willing to report on Chandra's case. Sounds like they were unable to come to terms on renewing a contract over money, though.

rd

from www.variety.com (fair use)

Anchor Cosby off Fox News
'Big Story' host's departure is immediate
By MICHAEL LEARMONTH
May 12, 2005

NEW YORK -- Fox News Channel will not renew a contract with weekend host Rita Cosby, as the two sides couldn't come to an agreement on an extension, the network said.

Cosby hosted "The Big Story Weekend Edition With Rita Cosby" at 9 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday at 6 p.m. she hosted "Fox News Live With Rita Cosby."

Cosby will leave the network immediately. No replacement host has been appointed, nor has a decision been made on the future of the shows, Fox News said.
blondie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really upset. She is my favorite!!
MrRich

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I liked Rita. I thought she was a good, aggresive reporter. But the more I've watched her the more sensationalist she comes across. I've finally lumped her in with with the tabloids.

-Rich
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MSNBC I don't know the times yet. I have missed her and can't wait to see her.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks, blondie. I may be able to pick that up in a couple of weeks. I have cable where I'm at right now but sure about MSNBC.

Anyway, I think a better fit for Rita as well.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita is going to be on MSNBC starting 8-8-05 nightly at 8 or 9:00pm. She is going in the time slot of Tucker Carlson and he is moving to 11:00pm. I think that it is 9:00pm. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get MSNBC, too bad. I might check to see what extra group of cable channels it will take to be able to see Rita's show. Thanks for the info blondie.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Rita vs. Greta Reply with quote

I miss Rita on Fox when I think about the alternatives such as Geraldo and Gerta. Talk about shabby reporting.

Tabloid journalism at its best.

Today I caught Tucker while typing. I think one of the big TOPICS discussed today was, "THE PROPER WAY TO EAT CORN ON THE COB!"

I'm still not sure if it should be done
" right to left, left to right, or up and down"

This must depend on your birth city.

Ah, Tucker... I'm not sure if he was chatting at all about the UN or not. I was so moved by the CORN PEICE!

Yes, Rita will be a welcome addition to the MSNBC line-up.

Maybe a letter to see if she can update on Chandra's story would be timely at this point. Just a suggestion.

G
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, go right ahead... :)

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: letters- Misc stuff Reply with quote

I think I'll do that rd, along with sending off a letter to Dan A. while I'm doing the MSNBC circuit. I'll compose my notes next week, I do need a tune up this week.

Speaking of wild goose chases, I was searching for information on Luna's case, (hum wondering why this information is so hard to dig up),- I found a little ditty on Gretas blog:

Posting:E-MAIL STORY FOXFAN CENTRAL

Guest Appearance
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
By Greta Van Susteren

E-mail No. 3

I am a loyal viewer of your show. I watch every night. I understand the pain and the anguish that this poor family is going through. I feel that way too much of the show is being spent on this story. Please balance this story with the other news that is occurring.
Thank you,
Joe
Canaan, NY

ANSWER: Joe, you raise a good point. Each day we struggle with the questions of "how much?" and "how much it too much?" and "how much is not enough?" The first night we reported on Natalee Holloway's disappearance we had no idea we would be doing it the next night nor weeks later as we are. We can't see into the future and had no idea if Natalee would show up within 24 hours. Programming in cable news is very fluid... we program the day of the show and sometimes, with breaking news, we program DURING the show.

FOX has 24/7 programming and covers many, many, many topics each week, so I am not worried if from time to time we — on our show — are thought to spend too much time on one topic. I assume the other shows are focusing on other topics (and, of course, some of the topics we cover.)

Our show does spend a great deal of time on Natalee's disappearance but it makes sense for me to do it with my background and the fact that I was there and now know many of the people there involved in the story. This does not mean that I should spend all my time on it and I would like to cover other topics — but we got deep into this story and I would like to complete it for the viewers. I just don't know when that point could be... it could be tonight or weeks from now.

The world is so dynamic that events drive programming — when the bombing in London occurred FOX immediately pulled me out of Aruba since we had no idea where the story was headed... we even feared terrorism in the USA and we wanted to be prepared to cover everything. I had no idea when I got pulled out of Aruba that morning that I would be back... or that I would be returning to the Natalee Holloway story soon. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes on cable news stories

_______________>(e.g. We are forever calling for updates on stories we have covered like the death of Federal Prosecutor Jonathan Luna... but alas, no news.)

I can't guarantee perfect programming or perfect balance... but I can guarantee that I will think about it every day and try and make wise, not perfect, decisions. I use stories like Natalee's disappearance to do many things — besides satisfying the underlying curiosity of all of us, I use it to learn and educate. I learn much following investigations (e.g. I did not know anything about ground penetration radar before this disappearance.) I hope our show teaches you things, too. There is also a big part of me that would like to help this family — and the many other families who I come in close contact with when I cover a story intensively. I know that the media — and its attention — gives families power to force hard work by authorities on investigations. I regret that we can't do this for very family.

-------------It appears I must drop Miss Greta a line too since she needs to be updating Chandra's story too! @@. Funny how she mentions J. Luna also. I'll keep you posted rd on my progress.

I'll go ahead and post in his section next week what I was able to uncover too in case anyone but me is interested. I do not like to indulge in much of the RUMOR I have uncovered out there in Media land..

Off to "Rescue Me". We all have our little interests.

Have a good evening folks. Thanks rd.

New Quote from me:

"I be eating me Corn, and Cobbling- up and down, like me Former Governor, Zen Miller- when I resided in GA"
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting letter from Greta, nanci. Interesting that people are calling for coverage of these unsolved cases like Luna's, the same category as Chandra's.

If the cable people are going to require a news conference before covering where a case is and why it went cold, then they will forever be relegated to overcovering every move of the hot disappearance of the day rather than doing real followup investigative reporting on the cases where people are calling for answers.

I do agree that whether Luna or Chandra or any other case, something far more than "we've hit a dead end, if anyone knows anything give the police a call" is needed to have something to report. But waiting for the "news" of a police announcement is never going to happen, so "news" needs to come from investigative reporters following up on different unsolved aspects of these cases, of which there are many.

Looking forward to your thoughts, nanci.

rd
propria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the encouragement, rd ...

however, it is gozgals who gets the credit here, not me ... i'll just pass your thoughts on to her [maybe him???], along with my thanks for taking a stand for chandra. my head has gone numb from banging it against the brick wall that surrounds this case, but my heart is still strong enough to cheer on someone with more time and energy for this cause than i have right now. i'd love to see any letters that do end up going out to the media, and especially to see any responses that show up, so i'll make it a point to check this board as often as possible.

major huggies all around ... hope everyone here is well!

nanci
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nanci, I don't know if I saw another post from you just before gozgals and didn't switch gears or just misread, but sure enough that is gozgals posting there. :) Yes, she has our thanks and encouragement, I hope she doesn't hurt her head against that brick wall. :)

I wasn't able to add MSNBC to my cable channles yet, so I will miss Rita's newe show starting tomorrow night at 9 Eastern, I believe. If anybody sees it please let us know what you think of it.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, she has our thanks and encouragement, I hope she doesn't hurt her head against that brick wall. :

YEA, I'm hurt. But now I know RD you must read minds. How did you know I really hit my head? I don't think it was a brick wall, but it was pretty damn hard what I hit...( And alot bigger. Well it hit me and it was bigger than a bread box but smaller than a building...WOW.
(AH AH)..Ok I won't put on my fake southern accent here.

Yes, I have a list of all stations copied down that I will query with notes and pester in the future. My computer has a few snags or is that snag fo's?

I have to get my word program in order and also figure out how to insert certain data.

Chow all, names are just popping up. Glad there are not too many.
G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: