www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rita Cosby Apr. 30, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Rita Cosby Apr. 30, 2005 Reply with quote

I watched Rita tonight. The Big Story was Jennifer Wilbanks runaway bride hoax kidnapping, but Rita covered several other important stories. She also slipped in a four years ago today flashback on Chandra disappearing, and a shot or two of Condit whose career she said was now stalled when linked to the missing Chandra.

On that note, in discussing Jennifer Wilbanks one analyst said these widely publicized searches started with Laci Peterson, and I wonder whether he deliberately refrained from mentioning Chandra where the widely publicized coverage began a year and a half before Laci disappeared or whether he inadvertantly was acknowledging that a search for Chandra never took place until months after her disappearance.

Also, John Walsh spoke emotionally on the missing girls and sex predators and without specifically calling for GPS tracking he just stated what the obvious source of the problem is: these predators have broken parole and are roaming around looking for victims.

He says these men with dozens of arrests and breaking parole allowed to run around kidnapping and torturing young women. He mentioned specifically the three young Tampa girls who have been kidnapped in the last year, two recently.

I finished Murder on a Horse Trail talking about the first one, Carlie Brucia. I asked what it takes to stop these predators. Obviously more than writing a book. Some laws are starting to be considered but they are too little too late.

Ask any person what needs to be done and they will tell you, but we apparently don't have the collective will to put into place large systems that track offenders, including such things as border immigration and national security.

Obviously it comes down to money, and those in control of it apparently don't want to be responsible for locking up all these people. I guess they'd rather take their chances, with someone else's life.

Rita also covered Molly Bish, a sixteen year old life guard who disappeared the year before Chandra did. I would like to have written about other young women who disappeared as I did for Chandra's case, but Chandra's case was remarkably complex. It actually took a book to make sense of what was known and determine what wasn't known or refused to be found out.

With Molly's case and so many others, the details are sparse. There isn't much to explore. This is so sad that essentially random killers can get away with murder literally because they are random.

That is why I came to the conclusion that violent felons on probation and even those who are alleged violent felons awaiting trial must be monitored with a GPS recorder. That is the only way we will stop random abductions of young women because in almost all cases these men have been convicted and are usually still on probation, often even currently breaking it.

For the sake of one young woman's life lost after another, shackle these men with GPS recorders and let them know we know what they're doing. It's the only way they wlll be stopped. Yes, most will be proven to have broke probation and must be returned to jail. That's a big part of stopping them.

Just as important, every one of these men will be cleared of any crime being investigated by virtue of knowing their whereabouts. The savings in cost and certainty in pursuing justice will save far more than the GPS recording program costs to administer.

And that's before you start calculating the price of young lives saved. Incalculable.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

Perhaps it would be nice if today we sent the Levees a message, or post it here since I do not believe we have a point of contact for them other than through their Lawyer or Dr. B. Levy's office. They might be comforted somewhat in that there are people still trying to find out what became of Chandra.

Kate
jane

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, don't forget about the link on the jfc homepage. I think you have to include your location for your post to be used, as last time I did not, and my post did not appear.

http://www.legacy.com/modestobee/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonID=1042803
fallout

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey RD,

Looks like Jeb Bush is pushing your idea about the lifetime ankle transponders for sex offenders in Florida. Its in a new bill he's proposing. Check today's news.

This is one thing that you and I disagree on. I do agree with notification but clipping and chipping people is way too Orwellian and Totalitarian for me. By the same arguments you've used every convicted felon should also be 'tagged' for life. I don't trust the bureaucrats with that degree of control.

At the same time I have no problem with sanctioning the use of lethal force against home invaders.

James
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You raise a good point, James. But I have been saying violent felons for the length of their probation. Only sex offenders have lifetime probation.

If someone serves their sentence and then their probation without getting into more trouble, and with GPS recording there will be no doubt what they've been up to, and I guarantee you very few will make it through their probation without committing another crime, but if they do then they have paid their debt back to society and can act freely once again.

I will agree with you that I stress violet felon, and some of the "sex offender" stuff is part of the zero common sense that our laws and bureaucrats exhibit especially as pertains to teenagers close in age to each other where it is a "statuatory" offense. Someone like that shouldn't be labelled a lifetime sex offender.

But good thoughts as always, James.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: