www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion (2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, will do, jane. I've seen her recently, I think they're giving her some expanded coverage. She's great tv for justice.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A book to Art Bell, rd and Camper? That is interesting, because when I started looking up former FBI agent Ted Gunderson, who somehow was interviewed for the Globe tabloid story about the FBI looking for a certain man whom had been seen with Gary, I found that Gunderson and Bell had somehow had a dispute. I did not understand it too well, so I did not comment on it.

Gunderson was exposing stories about Boystown in Nebraska through a video or something. Anyway what he had been exposing seems to relate to the Gannongate that some politicians are referring to at the present time. How Gunderson and Bell got into a dispute I don't know, but Bell is a talker, he might be someone who would read the book and tell people about it.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree, benn. I'll get working on it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reading about the BTK strangler, I find this to be so applcable to Chandra's murder:

from www.nytimes.com
Suspect in 10 Murders Seemed a Stickler for Living by the Rules
Published: March 6, 2005

"I think the police made a mistake over the years," said Robert Beattie, who is finishing a book about B.T.K. "They were looking for a Charles Manson type." Charles Liles, a former Wichita police officer, said the police focused too narrowly on former criminals rather than someone who lived right before them.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a story. Mr Rader certainly wanted to be caught.

Did you notice in his first letter that he spoke of himself in the third person?

Strange indeed.

Odd, the case would have been forgotten, a cold case, had Mr Rader not sent the 11 mailings.

Kinda reminds me of Baskin Robbins somehow.

ls
jane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His grammar was way off - I wonder whether he had different personalities, or was he trying to disguise his writing (I assume he was normally more literate than that letter would indicate)? With multiple personalities, they will have totally different writing styles and even different handwriting. Usually multiple personality disorder results from severe physical and emotional abuse at a young age (something that can go undetected, despite neighbours and relatives saying 'the parent was strict, but not cruel'). To cope with the trauma, the child develops more than one personality, in part so there is a presentable personality to show up at school, church, etc. (I don't think it's usual for multiple personality people to become murderers.)

Imagine his writing a poem to the intended victim who never showed up!

Even long after he had stopped the killings, it bothered him to be forgotten or thought dead.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him - all that the State of Kansas has to give him! I just checked, and Kansas no longer has the death penalty.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One or two of the ten murders were done while the death penalty was law, so he will probably be prosecuted with the death penalty.

I think you have a point there, jane, about deliberately throwing the police off. Was Chandra left bound with stockings to throw the police off to look for a Charles Manson type instead of someone right in front of their eyes?

Possibly, although Darrell looked scarily enough like Charles Manson. But even then, my point remains.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Denver Post today, tv critic Joanne Ostrow in an article about Nancy Grace has this to say:

"She deduced Gary Condit was guilty. (Condit was cleared of any wrongdoing in the Chandra Levy case)."

I sent Joanne an email. It reads:

Hi Joanne,

Condit was not cleared of Chandra Levy's murder by anybody. He has just not been named a suspect. No one else has either.

Yours is a significantly erroneous statement in that Dominick Dunne is being sued for slandering Condit. It would be a much stronger case had Condit been cleared as you stated.

I cover all this in Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy. In it I also quote Nancy Grace from Larry King Live shows, his show I believe she was guest hosting for him even back then, long before Laci disappeared. So she was very hot and a favorite with CNN viewers from Chandra's case, before Laci's.

I have a web site on Chandra's and Laci's cases and unfortunately continuing threads on missing women at www.justiceforchandra.com. You can find more information on Murder on a Horse Trail there if interested.

regards,
Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

I can't find a mention of that comment in the article you noted. Do you have a link?

I did find this one- Denver Post, March 13, 2005- Joanne Ostrow:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~122~2704605,00.html

No mention of Condit- only a comment about Nancy Grace.

Thanks,

ls
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, skipper, I see that is a column by her today. She alos expounded on Nancy Grace and mentioned her role in Chandra's and Laci's cases in this article:

Grace in line for King spot on CNN?
Denver Post - Denver,CO,USA
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~78~2755894,00.html

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, rd. Glad you set the record straight with the reporter. So much slides by as truth- such as the comment that she made about Condit- that should be addressed by those that know better.

You are certainly on top of things!

ls
benn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope some of you saw the Geraldo show tonight.

I saw Chad Condit on the Geraldo show, but I don't know what to say. There is not much to say. Chad came on with a determined look on his face, but there was very little conversation between Chad and Geraldo. Chad was saying one thing, and Geraldo was trying to get him back on the scheduled topic.

I would not have seen the program at all if it had not been mentioned on another topic here.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, benn, I was just posting about it in the Dunne lawsuit thread. Chad Condit wasn't about to discuss his dad, he just wanted to blame Geraldo and others for losing the election.

It was ugly. Not sure anyone will have Chad on again for information, because he doesn't stop yelling to give any. That's what Cadee did last time too on Greta. I guess they consider that a strategy.

I quote Cadee extensively on the watch in Murder on a Horse Trail. Back then they thought they were slick with their story telling, and I expose how those stories evolved throughout Chandra's disappearance.

They don't bother telling stories anymore. You can only change the details so many times before people start getting suspicious.

rd
propria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> Interesting that you mention the fact that Condit was involved in the immigration area. <<<

that really is interesting ... and so is the fact that when he took a powder from the public eye, it was a border state like arizona that he went to. that move might have no real significance at all, but i think every possibility should be given serious consideration unless and until we have established facts available to set the limits on such speculation. the down side of hiding from the truth is that any and every possibility can then legitimately be examined as a feasible explanation of any given aspect of the person doing the hiding, and the crazy condit clan has plenty of aspects to be explained.

i wonder if scary gary ever stopped to think that, in an environment of unlimited speculation, sooner or later somebody would speculate a scenario that is right on point, maybe even somebody here or in some equally public forum. i also wonder if he ever thought that four years after his evil deed there would still be people out here who are determined to see justice done in this case, and nothing would make us go away or stop caring. for that matter, i wonder what kind of medication it takes for the condit family to get to sleep at night ... we know for sure they're not relying on the comfort of a clean conscience to lull them off to dreamland.

nanci
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a post at websleuths.com

Camper wrote:

Both suits that Condit has brought have settled out of court. The first suit, Condit refused to answer intimidating questions about Chandra. Today, it was just BEFORE he was to have answered intimidating questions about a romantic relationship with Chandra.

Camper, the settlement with NE was also the exact same thing. I sent the NE lawyers Murder on a Horse Trail and told them there was no way they should have to settle with Condit, he has too many things unexplained to ask him in discovery.

The depositions went just like with Dunne's, in fact Dunne's lawyers would have checked that behavior and anticipated it. Condit keeps bluffing and backing out of questioning, but when he must sit down and answer questions under oath, he settles.

The National Enquirer lawyers described themselves as very pleased with the settlement. I hope Dunne is just as pleased

rd
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: