www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion (2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of information isn't a list of names and wasn't erased. For example I recall some info from Pheonix along those lines still here.

I think the Levys will do whatever is best for Chandra, in my opinion.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie wrote Hey Jane, I was also surprised by Benn a page or so ago when he let slip that he was retired. Retired? I thought Benn was about 17!

I know! Posters at WheresChandra found out Benn was a senior citizen not long before this board began, and everyone was surprised. I think
Benn said at the time that he feels the same mentally as he did when a teenager - he thinks young!
jane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie, can you give us a link for the photo of Burl?
Kortnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I must beg to differ. Yes, there are conspiracies. Some we know about through history, and some we don't. The reason we don't is due to what's called a "conspiracy of silence." You can look in Webster's and find "conspiracy of silence": A secret agreement to keep silent about an occurrence or situation esp. to promote or protect selfish interests." It's in the dictionary. I believe, as do many others', that the Ramsey's are involved in a conspiracy of silence. One hopes for a deathbed confession, which can break a conspiracy of silence, but there's no guarantee, of course, that that will happen. As for the old adage "no honor among thieves," we're not talking about thieves here, not even in a metaphorical sense. What we're talking about here is murder, and I do believe people can and do keep their mouths shut about that all the time.

I just can't see Gary doing the dirty work himself. You know how fastidious he is in personal grooming - he wouldn't want to muss his Vidal Sassoon hair or soil his Brooks Brothers shirt. Plus, he was planning to be back at the capitol for 3:30. And, he couldn't risk scratch marks or physical signs of a struggle. Finally, he doesn't have the stomach for it, not because he is a sensitive person but because he is a coward.

You cannot get away from the fact that C looked up Rock Creek Park on the web that morning. Obviously, she was planning on going there. I think that Gary had arranged a fake "goodbye tryst." Why WERE her leggings off and tied in a knot? It's not easy to get leggings off, you must peel them off, which is why I think she took them off voluntarily. Voluntarily because Gary said "Wouldn't it be exciting to have sex here," to which C agreed because I think she'd do anything for him. I'm sure something else was brought to the site, but once the leggings were off, well, it's obvious you can strangle the victim w/them. That wire found at the site is certainly interesting, but I doubt that the killers would leave their own property there.

I don't know why she wasn't found earlier. Human incompetence? But why on earth would she have been kept somewhere else all that time and then brought to RCP along w/her clothes and Walkman and dumped in that site? That doesn't make sense. The killers would prefer she'd never be found in any way shape or form.

Looking forward to your response! Kortnie
Kortnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend." Agatha Christie
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many messages here, it is sort of hard to know what to comment on. Kortnie, I have updated my profile and put my age in there.

No matter what age we are we sort of have to work at it, because we have never been this old before!!!

There is probably plenty of information about Gary around, if only there was someone to collect the information. Any of Condit's old girlfriends would be good for a private investigator to interview. Whoever wanted to answer would answer, and some would not, but information could be gleaned from the interviews.

Adrian Condit might be a good person for someone to interview. Anyone who knows Gary, or knew him, would be a good person to interview. If some did not want to answer questions then their names could be put in a separate list, for possible interviewing by the police later on.

The police do not seem to have the resources to want to keep involved in the Chandra Levy case, but some cases get worked on for years. I am thinking about the Zodiac murders in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Skipper, thanks for the information about Darrell's bail bonds. Burl Condit might be someone for the police to interview. Burl was in a serious traffic accident. I have not read about him since to see how he is recovering. There are many people who could give information about Gary. He was not all that smart, so he must have made some mistakes. Vince Flammini may know more about Gary than he has told, possibly because no one has asked him. Who knows what kinds of questions the FBI and the DC police asked Gary. They could not even set up appointments to talk to him. Is that the guilty Congressman syndrome, the Congressman who can't talk syndrome?

Domminick Dunne has an excellent opportunity to nail Gary Condit, but Dunne is probably just interested in clearing himself.

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Benn.

About Dunne, he has cancer and the man is in the middle of the muddle with the Condit lawsuit. Seems like he is a man that truly cares about injustice. The passion comes through in his writing.

I've read that some think that his remarks about Condit are "suit-proof". Obviously, Lin Wood doesn't agree. Lin Wood wins through intimidation. A Bully's Bully.

At this point, I doubt that too many people would be interested in talking about Condit, Benn. Especially his family.

If someone were smart, they would learn what stocks he was trading. That would give an indication (maybe) as to where he was getting such valuable info that enables him to make slick trades in this market.

Always follow the money.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie, I see the issues you raised and I'll post something in a little bit. Lost of good issues being raised by everybody.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skipper wrote:

>>> At this point, I doubt that too many people would be interested in talking about Condit, Benn. Especially his family.

If someone were smart, they would learn what stocks he was trading. That would give an indication (maybe) as to where he was getting such valuable info that enables him to make slick trades in this market.<<<

I don't know your news source, skipper that says Condit is making money in stocks. I did see a S.F. Chronicle a long time ago that said Condit was rolling in money, but I did not read anything in the story that made me believe it. Maybe you have another source.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll just help them out. Thanks, benn. Kortnie, many good points raised. A response coming in a little bit.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I should throw this one liner in or not. Rd, if one recuses oneself does that make one a recuse?

Now on to the serious stuff.

Gary Condit has been cleared of suspicion, at least that is what the writer of this article says. Gary is not the main topic of the article, just thrown in as a fill in. Every once in a while now I read a newsgroup message, or an article, that says that Condit has been cleared. That is news to me. If I can I will try to write the author and ask her where she got her information.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/cRosett/?id=110005521

>>>THE REAL WORLD

Escape From Kerryland
Fed up with Vietnamania? Relief is at hand.

BY CLAUDIA ROSETT
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

Time for a deep breath. We've hit that late-summer stretch when everyone is waiting for autumn, and the news seems stuck in endless replay. Seven years ago, we were about to hit round-the-clock eulogies to Princess Di. Three years ago, it was Gary Condit, 24/7 (the former congressman, since cleared of suspicion in the death of his young lover, in case anyone has trouble remembering what topped the U.S. talk shows in the weeks just before Sept. 11).<<< (snip)

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a letter off to the Wall Street Journal, on their response form. They don't print responses right away, if at all. They can also edit them.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Financially I'll be all right if I start this job I'm interviewing for soon. I've lost the car and it will take a long time to bring everybody back up to date, but I'll be able to hang onto the house.

A sorry note is that a service person coming to pick up equipment I can no longer pay for liked the house and toured it and wants to bring his wife back and see it. I told him if I start the job I'll take it off the market but if I don't he may be a prospective buyer. He owns a 4 bedroom about a half mile away and oohed and aahed over the features here asking questions the whole time. What is sorry is that the only people coming to see the house are sent here to serve papers or take back things.

What would be helpful is for us to post some solid discussion on Chandra's disappearance that is worthy of reading by the public so that they may be interested in following this, getting the book, and generating some buzz about it. We need to concentrate more on what happened leading to conclusions snd less on conclusions leading to what happened. There is no one interested in reading unsubstantiated foregone conclusions, and I'd like to make this discussion interesting and readable. Along those lines I'll be posting some thoughts on your interesting comments in just a little bit, Kortnie.

I appreciate those of you here helping me on this, and I can tell you that the book wouldn't have been possible without all the great discussion we have had here. I hope the book now generates more interest in pursuing what happened to Chandra, or at least what happened to her investigation.

thanks!
rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that you will be able to keep you house, rd. It's hard to lose something as personal as your home. I'm sure you have it just as you like it. Routing for you for the job also.

I need to get out there and look but I'm currently without a car also. Water pump and tie rod. I'm surprised it didn't come in 3's. Usually does. Actually, that's not true. In the past, my problems break with tradition and come in 5's. Maybe I've turned a corner?

I feel like, for the past several years, I've lived through every crisis known to a person. I had no furnace last year, in double digit weather. Had to keep a fire in the fireplace going around the clock to stay warm. This past winter I had no water for months. Had to live at my daughter's most of the time, which was ok because I was taking her to the doctor almost every day due to an accident and subsequent panic/anxiety attacks. Lot's more, but I'll wait for you guys to get your box of tissue in preparation.

Ah, I figure what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's the old saying anyway.

I'm doing all the above with a chronic disease, fighting a mold problem from a flooded basement and with next to no income.

Does that make you feel any better?

If not, I'll give you the next installment of the Ukranian neighbors. Today, it was their cat. Attacked my cat. I had to throw a shoe at him- he's much larger and scared my poor cat half to death. She has no claws- nothing to fight with. But she's feisty. Kept him at bay til I nailed him with my shoe.

I feel like a prisoner in my own house. My daughter had to take me to the store the other evening (Sunday) and in a short time frame, maybe 1/2 hour, the neighbors had some dufus who blocked us out of my drive. Pam honked, they looked over and slowly, very slowly strolled over to the car. Even then, it took about 5 minutes for them to jockey their car around so we could get in the drive. Pam has strep throat and was in no mood. I really shouldn't have asked her to drive me, but the store is too far away to walk.

Good thing I don't have a stun gun or a taser. I keep asking the kids for one for Christmas. I don't understand why they ignor my requests.

Things will get better, they always do.

Well, hopefully I've cheered you a tad rd. If not, someone else can take a turn.

As to keeping the conversation on track about the case, I think the most interest comes from people exressing themselves. Their own ideas. Just my opinion. That was what was so great about the original forum ChandraLevy.com, until some of the posters got a bit out of control. Same with the WC forum.

I don't have your book to elaborate on it and I'm pretty sure there are some subjects that are off limits (due to past horrific experiences in that area). Maybe you can post a portion and start the ball rolling, otherwise I'm at a loss.

Maybe someone else has an idea as to where to start?

Kortnie asked about the phone call from Caroline. Maybe that's a good place.
benn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, if they print my letter to the Wall Street Journal I mentioned Mountain on a Horse Trail in there. I get upset when I read statements that Condit has been cleared of suspicion.

I don't know how this would work, Skipper but if you would like an ebook version of MHT I can see if I can maneuver through all the phases of sending you one. All I would have to do is to contact Amazon.com and have them send you a $6 gift certificate, which would cover the cost of the book, unless the cost has changed. I assume the gift certificate could be sent by email.

Then with the gift certificate, Skipper you could order and download the book. It takes Adobe Reader 6, in case you don't have it, but the Adobe Reader is a free download. Just an idea. I do want to see as many members here as possible have access to the book.

Let me know if you want me to do that, Skipper, and I will get the book order process moving. I am living on Social Security and seem to have enough money. I even send money overseas through Christian missions.

benn
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: