www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damage Control in the Condit Camp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Damage Control in the Condit Camp Reply with quote

Reading over articles about the various people who came forward in the summer of 2001 to give information about Condit, I find it interesting to learn where support (to silence people) came from.

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/gary2.htm

July 15, 2001
By STEVE DUNLEAVY and BRIAN BLOMQUIST

Scroll to near the bottom of page for this:

Excerpt:

Even Condit's given age of 53 might not be real. The Post reported yesterday that Condit lied about his age when he got married at 18. He claimed he was 25 to marry his wife, Carolyn, who was pregnant at the time.

At Ilo - where Tipper Gore has also been a customer - prices start at $70 for a woman's haircut, $48 for a man's haircut, and zoom to $267 for a woman's tint, full highlights, haircut and finish. A half-hour Swedish massage starts at $45, but special care soars to $318 and a "day of beauty" costs $245.

Walker said he couldn't give details about Condit's visit to the elegant spa - or say what alias he used - because of the ongoing probe.

"I have been told by the U.S. attorney's office to shut up," he said.

There have been allegations that Condit made improper overtures to the stunning women who make up the staff.

"I can't confirm or deny those allegations. I'm just doing what the federal prosecutors asked me to do," Walker said.

Condit's lawyer and spokeswoman didn't return phone calls, and the congressman himself has been mum since police started focusing on whether he had any role in the strange and sudden disappearance of 24-year-old intern Chandra Levy.

Condit admitted having an affair with Levy just last week, during his third interview with D.C. cops.

End excerpt

This guy was told by federal prosecutors not to talk about Condit. Was it a case of not wanting potential information (for a future trial) to be public knowledge and thus compromise the (ahem) case?

Or was it damage control from another branch of the government?

What 'probe' ?
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Dayton and Joleen Reply with quote

CC 138
Mill Valley woman says Condit aide sought her silence
New details on watch-giver

Stacy Finz, Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writers Saturday, July 28, 2001

Excerpt:

A Mill Valley woman and a high-ranking member of U.S. Rep. Gary Condit's staff have been drawn into the swirling controversy surrounding missing intern Chandra Levy.

The woman, Joleen Argentini McKay, walked into the FBI's San Francisco office in May and voluntarily admitted that she had had romantic relationships with the congressman and his chief of staff, Mike Dayton, according to sources close to the case. She also told authorities that she had received recent calls from Dayton urging her not to "dredge up the past and talk about the affair to anyone," said one source.

McKay told agents that she had been involved with Dayton in the early 1990s,and after the relationship ended,the chief of staff introduced her to his boss, Condit, and got her a job on his staff.

The 29-year-old woman is the second person to accuse Condit and his representatives of trying to gag her from discussing an affair with the married congressman since Levy was last seen April 30. San Francisco flight attendant Anne Marie Smith has told federal prosecutors that the Ceres Democrat tried to get her to sign an affidavit denying a romantic relationship.

end excerpt

Dayton was working on keeping Joleen silent (unbeknownst to him-she had already talked to the FBI)

The fact that Dayton denied that Condit had an affair with Joleen supports Joleens' statement that Dayton told her to keep quiet about the affair.

Did someone slap him on the hand for that? Did I miss something?

CC 113
Condit aide denies cover-up
He says he never tried to stop a woman from disclosing alleged affair.
By Michael Doyle
Bee Washington Bureau
(Published July 27, 2001)

Excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Gary Condit's senior Washington aide Thursday emphatically
denied reports that he sought to stifle a woman from divulging her alleged
affair with Condit.

"It's absolutely not true," Condit's administrative assistant, Mike Dayton, said
by telephone.

Dayton was referring specifically to the account first published in USA Today
that he told a woman "to leave the affair in the past or it will ruin you."

The woman has been identified publicly as Joleen Argentini McKay, a former
friend of Dayton's from their high school years in Stanislaus County, and a
Condit employee in the mid-1990s.

McKay's allegations and Dayton's denials occurred as new details emerged about
the whereabouts at the time of Levy's disappearance of Condit's wife, Carolyn,
and as new legal possibilities arose in the case of Chandra Levy. Levy's
reported romantic relationship with Condit, D-Ceres, has investigators preparing
for a fourth interview with the congressman, in hopes of completing a
psychological profile of the missing woman.

end excerpt

And then Dayton was with Condit when he dumped that watch box (the present from Joleen) into the trash and got caught.

Did he get a hand slap for that?
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources confirmed an interview was held with the Rev. Otis Thomas, but the sources said the FBI does not know if Thomas' allegations have any relevance to the investigation of Levy's disappearance.

Snip*

http://www.courttv.com/news/2001/0712/conditfeds_ap.html

The Washington Post reported that Otis Thomas, who has a landscaping business, has worked for Chandra Levy's parents for about four years and had told his story to them. A spokeswoman for Condit told the Post that the questions about the alleged affair were "destructive, unfair and irrelevant.

(the spokeswoman does not mention 'untrue'. Ironic )

Daily News, July 21
Headline: CONDIT EVIDENCE DUMPING PROBED
Key text: Meanwhile, the Levy family puzzled over reports that Modesto preacher Otis Thomas had backed off his statement that his daughter had a bad breakup with Condit. ... Privately, some investigators said they thought Thomas was recanting to protect his daughter, who has refused to speak to the FBI for more than two months, allegedly out of fear.

Daily News, July 24
Headline: CONDIT'S BLOWING IT BIG TIME, SAY PROS
Key text: Condit's reputation wasn't helped yesterday when Levy's parents said they believe a Pentecostal minister recanted his story that Condit had an affair with his daughter because he's afraid. Susan Levy said she still believes that Otis Thomas' daughter had an affair with Condit because Thomas had three emotional conversations with her about his daughter. "He's scared," Susan Levy said. "There's a lot of people out there who seem to be scared."
Retraction: None

http://slate.msn.com/id/1008065/

Today's Bee adds that a letter "purportedly written by Jennifer Thomas" said she had never met "the congressman who's involved with all this." But Otis Thomas says his daughter is afraid to talk to the FBI; why would she be if she has nothing to say? Condit's chief of staff, Mike Lynch, tells the Bee the congressman denies the affair, but then this is the same Mike Lynch who spent weeks denying his boss's affair with Chandra Levy.

http://opinionjournal.com/best/?id=95000816

Excerpt:

Thomas does allege what sounds to us like obstruction of justice or blackmail. From yesterday's Modesto Bee:

Thomas said he received an anonymous telephone call about three weeks ago. The caller said, "Shut up and listen," then warned Thomas against talking to anyone about Condit.

The caller, he said, knew things about Thomas' family, and Thomas called the experience "very intimidating."

http://opinionjournal.com/best/?id=95000816
benn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello skipper, I wrote an email letter to California Senator Dianee Feinstein yesterday and mentioned a few of my favorite topics about the Chandra Levy Investigation.

I wrote that the things that I mentioned were only the tip of the iceberg, that members of this board could probably provide a long list of grievances about the investigation if she wanted to look at such a list. My exact words were a little different.

I also wrote to Feinstein that I would follow up my email to her with a letter sent by postal mail which would be exactly the same as my email message.

Feinstein has had a lot of problems in her political career. She had to take over as Mayor of San Francisco when Mayor Moscone was shot and killed in his office. I was just talking to someone yesterday who said he was actually in the City Hall talking to someone about something when Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk were shot and killed.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: