www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

condit v. dunne just settled!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: condit v. dunne just settled!!! Reply with quote

JUST SETTLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder, if Cadee and Chad raving on talk TV was all they had left in their bag of tricks!

Where's the link, blondie?
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it hasn't hit the internet news yet.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget - are there any other Condit lawsuits pending?
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Holy cow, I knew that's why Chad was raving. And you know good and well it wasn't settled for much, just like with NE.

Condit just doesn't dare answer questions, and the DC US Attorney and Stanislaus County District Attorney need to be finding out why.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit just doesn't dare answer questions, and the DC US Attorney and Stanislaus County District Attorney need to be finding out why.

Amen!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen indeed, jane. I'm going to say to everyone here, I think all our hard work helped make the case for Dominick Dunne.

He probably would have been able to stand his ground just fine without us, but I think there were some great thoughts and ideas from here for this battle, and so it was a victory for us all and justice.

I should hope that prosecutors and grand juries in DC and California have taken note of Condit once again settling rather than answer questions in discovery. They should be asking, what questions has Condit answered?

And what remains unanswered?

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita Crosby came on with a FOX NEWS ALERT. Nothing on the net so far.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair use
Fox News

Condit Settles Lawsuit Against Writer Dunne

Monday, March 14, 2005

WASHINGTON — Former Rep. Gary Condit (search) has settled his defamation lawsuit against Vanity Fair writer Dominick Dunne. The terms of the settlement were filed with the court on Monday and the case has now been dismissed without prejudice.

Dunne is issuing an undisclosed sum to Condit and releasing an apology saying some of the statements he made about Condit were misunderstood. The lawsuit originally sought $11 million in damages.

The announcement meant Condit did not have to testify under oath as scheduled about any sexual relationship he may have had with murdered Federal Bureau of Prisons intern Chandra Levy. Condit had originally been scheduled to testify on the relationship in February, but requested a delay citing illness.

Levy disappeared in May 2001, and Condit, who represented the Modesto area of California from which she hailed, fell under a shadow of suspicion. Though police never described him as a suspect in her disappearance, in March 2002 he lost the Democratic primary race for his 18th District seat to Dennis Cardoza. Levy's body was found in a national park in Washington, D.C., in May 2002.

Condit and his family blamed Dunne's comments for the primary loss. Last month, Condit attorney Lin Wood described why Condit was suing Dunne. He said Dunne appeared on national radio and television in December 2001 and accused Condit of "frequenting Middle Eastern embassies where he engaged in sexual activity with prostitutes, and during those times, he made it clear that he wanted someone to get rid of Chandra Levy. That conveyed that Gary Condit was involved in her kidnapping and in her murder, that friends of Gary Condit's had her kidnapped, put in an airplane and dropped in the Atlantic Ocean. That's why we're suing him."

Wood said Condit did have a friendship with Levy, but did not describe the nature of their relationship.

"Gary has described that relationship as a friendship, that they were close friends. Beyond that, obviously, I'm not here to speak to the private aspects of my client's life. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to do that. But he certainly has acknowledged a friendship with Chandra Levy," Wood told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren.

In a subsequent interview on the same show, Dunne attorney Paul Licalsi said Dunne's comments never indicated that Condit asked others to get rid of Levy.

"The theory was, what was said to Dominick was, those people took it into their own hands and took her away, that Condit did not have criminal liability for that, simply that he complained about his relationship with her and complained about the pressure he was under to the wrong people," Licalsi said.

In September 2004, Condit also settled a case against three tabloid papers on the day he was supposed to testify in that case. In July 2003, Condit's wife, Carolyn, settled a lawsuit with the National Enquirer for an undisclosed amount.

FOX News' Rita Cosby contributed to this report.
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling around to my sources to see if Gary and his liars have made a dinner appointment in the city.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they can't afford to eat out (settlement of $1)!
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the Ritz Carlton Downtown and they told me Condit has a room reservation there "next month". Its possible he's there tonight under a different name- Its the closest nice hotel to the courthouse.

If anyone wants to leave a message on his account for his upcoming visit!!
#2 West St.
(212) 344-0800
[Edit}
(That was fast.. I just called back to try Lin Wood and now they tell me there's no reservation for Condit next month... HMMMMMMMMMMM?)

He's definitely here in the city somewhere!

James
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether he ever uses his old hairstylist alias? What was that, now?
propria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> Condit just doesn't dare answer questions, and the DC US Attorney and Stanislaus County District Attorney need to be finding out why.

Amen! <<<

and

>>> Amen indeed, jane. I'm going to say to everyone here, I think all our hard work helped make the case for Dominick Dunne. <<<

amen to that amen ... both of 'em, in fact. with an $11 million demand, my guess is that condit probably got about $100,000 ... that would be considered a 'go away' payout by dunne's professional insurance company, and they would be more than glad to close their books on what was basically a high profile nuisance case. condit probably jumped at an amount in that range that would keep him alive for maybe a year or so, which likely sounded a lot better to him than the prospect of answering all those inconvenient questions about a dead woman who loved him.

nanci
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my guess, too, nanci. Go away money. I think that they bought the house in Phoenix and the Baskin-Robbins franchise with the National Enquirer settlements in the same range, in my opinion.

Wood will take a cut, maybe there was some in the settlement for legal fees, but in any event Condit did something far more damaging than backing out of his lawsuits when he had to answer questions.

He demonstrated just what Dominick Dunne said about him.

He is hiding something.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: