www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspects Arrested In Rockville woman's disappearance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryland missing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Suspects Arrested In Rockville woman's disappearance Reply with quote

changed the subject line out of respect for the victim

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0305/213069.html

This is becoming pretty high profile around here.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they got the murderers, mm. Of special interest to me in this case is that the police checked the building surveillance tapes and was these two men going in and out of the building.

The DC police would not check Chandra's apartment building surveillance tapes because she was only missing, no pool of blood found in her apartment as was found here. Nor would the police or apartment management even put tapes aside for later review if necessary.

She was just a missing woman. No big deal.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

It has always struck me as extrondinary about these tapes, that with the security conscious Condit, and that he had knowledge of these 23 cameras in Chandra's place that he did not suggest to the apt manager, or the police or to the Levy's to secure the tapes, that the Levy's did not demand this, that Edeline did not suggest this. The Levy's and Edeline were both worried about Chandra's whereabouts, Edeline called the Levy's, they had both called the apt. building, and no one recommended examing the tapes. That the staff of the Newport did not think to examine the tapes, this seems very suspicious. Not to mention that Condit could have contact the police two days earlier when the Susan Levy had advised that Chandra was missing and asked Condit specifically if he knew of her whereabouts, and he offers a rewards.

This makes no sense that a phone call was not placed to secure the tapes? OR did the Levy's ask the management and police to do this and they refused. Thy did not the employees of the Newport examine these tapes. This will always be the sixty four thousand dollar questio? Stranger than strange!! This seems highly suspcious?
benn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd and mm, I will make a short comment about the surveillance tapes. I was working for a while in San Francisco at a high profile location. They had had two computers stolen that had a lot of the company's private customers listed on them. A former employee seemingly engineered the theft, with the computers being worth about $5000, plus the list of private individuals doing business with the company.

I don't think they solved the crime, or at least it was not announced; but the company did put in a new surveillance system. So in a short time of two or three months two vcrs were stolen off of the premises during working hours. The thief phoned the guard and decived him so that the guard went looking in the wrong direction while the thief left.

In a day or two I saw the building manager who was in charge of the surveillance cameras. I asked him if any photos had been taken of the thief. He did not even seem very interested. He said, "Oh, we didn't have any tape in the cameras."

Either they did not have any tape in the cameras or else they did not want to catch any thieves. For the company maybe it was better to remain high profile, and not really make any effort at catching any thieves.

That sounds a little like Chandra's apartment building.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: