www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

greta 2-18-05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: greta 2-18-05 Reply with quote

Chad and Cadee will be on Greta tonight 10PM est Foxnews channel.
benn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, blondie. I think I can see if. That is 7 PM on the West Coast.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the road and not able to see this. Looking forward to comments from someone who did! :)

rd
twinkiesmom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very spirited discussion....just Cadee and Greta's male talking heads, no Chad. Cadee interrupted frequently and wouldn't let the talking heads get their point across. She blustered when Greta asked her about Condit's schedule the afternoon Chandra likely went missing and never accounted for the full afternoon, just a 1 pm appointment and a 5 pm appointment.

The talking heads, which are normally very pro-defense, had the opinion that the suit was unwinnable, and Condit would have to answer questions about the relationship. Cadee just kept shouting and interrupting.

I find it very creepy every time she calls her dad Gary.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great summary, tm. I wish I'd seen Greta asking about Condit's schedule May 1. It's been a long time if ever when someone has asked about his alibi. I wrote a chapter, Alibi, in Murder on a Horse Trail looking at that afternoon and I sent the book to Fox to Greta's attention so I hope that helped clarify why that afternoon needs accounted for.

I wish I'd seen the look on Cadee's face when she was aked about "Gary's" whereabouts when Chandra disappeared. Blustered and shouted is about right.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comments, twinkiesmom. I think you really heard more than I did. I hope that there is a transcript of some kind out that will sort of sort the words out. Cadee was doing a lot of the talking, or interrupting.

One word I caught in the midst of the flurry of words was "perjury." I did not quite understand how it was used, but the former DC policeman, and now an attorney, used the word, I think in connection with Gary, if Gary does not answer questions correctly.

The most direct route for the attorneys working for Dunne I guess is to ask Gary about a sexual relationship with Chandra. From a non legal viewpoint I don't think that is even necessary, but it might be helpful to the police.

Gary Condit was pursuing a lifestyle that was very bound to fail, sooner or later. Meandering Congressmen do not get re-elected very often. The strategy here for Condit's attorney seems to be to go straight for Dunne's throat, ignoring everything else that was going on around Gary Condit before and after Chandra disappeared. The irony here seems to be that Gary Condit is the one who is forcing all of his personal information to be brought forward.

The opposite course of action for him might be to remain silent to all charges against him and to hope to weather the storm.

Twinkiesmom's comments are very much to the point.

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She blustered when Greta asked her about Condit's schedule the afternoon Chandra likely went missing and never accounted for the full afternoon, just a 1 pm appointment and a 5 pm appointment.

Hey, TM, thanks for the recap!

I find it telling that Cadee reacted as you describe about the schedule. Must be the Achilles' heel? One of them anyway- we have another leg with yet another heel.

Thanks again,

ls
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everytime Cadee asked if Gary told the DC police if he had a sexual relationship with Chandra, she would say I wasn't in the interview, but he was truthful.
twinkiesmom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frustrating part about the interview was that Cadee was shouting and protesting so much that she wasn't listening and thinking enough. But when she was asked about the schedule, she only mentioned an appt. at 1 and one at 5 and did not account for the hours in between. My impression is that she does not have the answer.

Although Ted did make some inroads against Cadee, Geoff Fieger did the most devastation because he kept his cool despite all the interrupting. He did bring up the point that since Gary was the one doing the suing, he'd have to answer all the questions. And most importantly, he brought up the fact that since Gary wasn't forthcoming about his relationship with Chandra, he wouldn't likely be very sympathetic to a jury who would be trying this case.

Personally, I really hope Dunne doesn't fold and settle. Dunne would be a terrifically sympathetic person to the jury. He is a father of a murdered daughter very close (if not identical) to Chandra's age. His daughter slightly resembled Chandra (petite, dark hair). Dominique Dunne was strangled to death by her lover, who only served a light sentence and is now a free man. It's completely understandable why Dominick would pursue this case.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit's original timeline, until accidentally exposed to ABC, implied Condit was with Cheney in a meeting, as in:

12:30 pm meeting with VP Cheney
3 pm returned to office

Cheney's office says that the meeting was requested by Condit and only lasted 20 minutes, from 12:30 to 12:50.

Condit continued to lie about this afterward, stretching it to 45 minutes and saying he was in a meeting when Chandra disappeared.

What does Condit know to say this? His meeting ended at 12:50 and Chandra logged off the internet at 1. DuPont Circle is about ten blocks from the Capitol where the meeting was held.

No one heard from Condit until a vote at 6:25 pm, including no doctor or anyone else for an alleged 5 pm doctors appointment.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd, I did not catch the name of the former DC policeman, now an attorney, who was on the show last night, but he might be a good person to contact with some of this information. He is an Afro-American, and he was sticking up for the DC police, but he was not sticking up for Condit. He might be a good person to contact, to test the waters to see how we could help the DC police, if we could help them, and maybe just to communicate with someone who knows about the inner workings of the DC Police.

This former policeman is the one who mentioned "perjury," but I forget exactly how he phrased it.

benn
twinkiesmom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Ted. He is on Greta's regular panel and is a nice guy but usually does not have anything intelligent to say, and nearly always defends the obviously guilty.

The only reason why he spoke up was it was his former police force. Notice he got no airtime after the first break.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Ted Williams. He has 'ins' with the DC police dept. because he is a former homicide detective.
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. He might be someone to contact. Now all I need is his address. I guess it is around somewhere.

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that rd talked to him once and he received his book. I think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: