www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

modesto bee 1-15-05
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I see at legalcasedocs, rd, and james, is the 20 page complaint that they have had from the beginning. They have not added anything to that.

I guess we could request, but the prices are a little steep there now also, $99 for three months. I don't think even at those prices that they want to send out a 600 page document. Maybe a library would have something like that. Then the problem there would be how to get access to the library.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something that I found at FindLaw.com

>>Access to Depositions
Law Office of Dawn Phillips Hertz

QUESTION 23. - GENERAL
CAN I ATTEND A DEPOSITION IN A CIVIL LAWSUIT ?

There is no provision for the attendance of non-parties at depositions in a civil case. Generally, the parties and their attorneys have a right to attend. Parties may agree to have other people in attendance. Although there is no proscription against others attending depositions, depositions often are taken on private premises, i.e. attorneys' offices or the offices of the court reporter. Since this is private property, a request by the owner of the property to leave should be respected. The best way to obtain access to a deposition is to get the consent of at least one party and preferably all parties. You can also petition the court for the right to attend if the parties decline.

A transcript of the questions and testimony of the deposition is taken, and anyone can obtain a copy (absent a protective order sealing the deposition) if they are willing to pay the court reporter for the copy. Deposition transcripts however are expensive, usually costing several hundreds dollars. Consequently, a party is usually a less expensive source of the deposition.<<

Who would give us a 600 page deposition? :)

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: