www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condit Denies Levy Romance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another article about Amber Frey and Gary Condit. I think I will write to the author of this article, Leslie Klinger. We should leave no stone unturned. This applies to all cases, and not just the Chandra Levy case, or the Scott Peterson cases, no stones unturned.

>>Modbee.com
Amber Frey did what Gary Condit wouldn't

By LESLIE KLINGER

Several years ago, I wrote a column questioning the moral courage of then-Rep. Gary Condit.

I did not focus on whether he was involved in any way with the disappearance (and subsequently confirmed homicide) of Chandra Levy.

My concern was that someone who presented himself as a man of principle had behaved in such an unprincipled manner; that he was more concerned with protecting himself from the wrath of his constituents and the blitz of the media than he was with divulging information about his personal involvement with a missing woman.

When it came time to be a responsible adult, Condit had to be shamed into taking the right action. I consider this shameful behavior; but, having lived in the Central Valley since 1998, I have an idea of why he chose the easy way out.

Modesto is confusing. We tout ourselves as Christians and attack each other using bits of Scripture to "prove" one sect of Christianity better than another. We blame institutions for things they did 500 years ago and use those actions as a reason to disagree with present-day foreign policy. We call public officials names and question their education and intelligence rather than present well-crafted arguments and possible alternatives. It's easier to attack like a pack of schoolboys than to actually think something through and offer another way of dealing with the situation.

Amber Frey is not someone I would have ever considered a role model. She has made some personal choices I consider misguided at best and downright stupid at worst. I am certain she would have preferred that the details of her life remain private rather than splashed across the cover of tabloids or reported by the international press.

Like Condit, Frey was faced with a difficult choice. Unlike Condit, Frey put her own needs, wants and desires aside in favor of doing the right thing. She did it despite the possibility of being attacked for her lifestyle. She did it despite the fact that she would be called a moneygrubber and a golddigger by some. She did it despite the fact that she would be the center of an ongoing murder investigation that could put her, and her daughter, in harm's way.

Now that she has embarked on a book tour designed to tell her story, the slings and arrows have been aimed in her direction. What all those who attack Frey forget is that when push came to shove, she did something a longtime public official was unable to do. A single mother did something that a tough, motorcycle-riding, womanizing guy was unable to do.

Frey did the right thing.

Klinger is a former Bee visiting editor. E-mail her at columns@modbee.com.

Posted on 01/28/05 00:00:00
http://www.modbee.com/opinion/community/story/9846323p-10701468c.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great opinion piece, benn, and from the Bee. Thanks for that post. I will drop her a note too. She certainly has the right stuff.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes rd, I sent her an email this morning. I stressed the same things that I always mention, and I mentioned that investigative reporting might be helpful also in solving the Chandra Levy case.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend just told me that there is another article in the Globe, but I haven't seen it yet. It's about the Grand Jury meeting again, and something about an associate of Condit's. Ther is also another article about the tapes, which I assume is about the deposition.

Anyone have it? Can you post it?
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't, but if I get out and see it, I'll summarize. I seem to be getting closer to a job, so I can afford this time to blow (and I mean throw down a rat hole) some money for the Globe if it mentions a grand jury, even if hallucinatory in nature. :)

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wonders why the grand jury has not reconveined especially in light of Condit now denying that he EVEN had a relationship with Chandra. Especially in light of the fact that we have Crochett (m.s.), Condit's first Lawyer, stating that they had recently stopped seeing one another. It is time that the grand jury took note that Condit has pleaded the fifth, and presumably he was allowed to get away with this because he held public office, this is no longer the case. Where is a grand jury when you need one!.

Sexual relationship or NOT Condit needs to tell the grand jury why he witheld vital information from the police and Chandra's parents during a critical time of the investigation into Chandra's disappearance. Otherwise the message that the grand jury and district attroney gives to the public is that some people are above the law, and granted this might be the way it is but this is not what is in the constitution. A public outcry is the only way to make laws equitable for all citizen, and those in positions of power cannot be above the law or accountability to the public and their office.

Condit should have been removed from the congress and he was not, he must not get away without answering before the grand jury, irrespective of what other cases in law might be before Condit at the present time. Roidrin (m.s.) and Grey both stated that Condit should have been more forthcoming, perhaps they might tell the grand jury what exactly did they mean!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: