www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maura Murray - Missing Haverhill NH 2/9/04
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maura has been missing two years come Feb 9th. The witnesses as we know them are,

The School Bus Driver
Faith Westman
Mr. Westman

Mr. Westman is not quoted in the newspapers directly, but we know he was there as Faith says so.

later the construction worker.

In the article describing someone stopping, this could have been the school bus driver. Thanks for your input Helena, greatly appreciated.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, kate, the info on the other neighbors is enlightening. There was only the vague reference to another neighbor calling. Thanks for that and the other details.

So now that I know who the other witness at the scene is, the next question would be about the reporting of the construction worker sighting and the statement by insiders that he basically lives near the crash scene, yet didn't know there was a crash that night because a friend told him it was the 11th, but when he sees in the news it's the 9th, he confirms from his records that it was the night he returned home from a job and that was the night he saw a woman 4 or 5 miles down the road an hour later.

The implication by insiders of him basically being a neighbor and friend is a three month delayed coverup story to place Maura alive and well down the road from the crash scene.

Given no name in the press, we in the public don't know where he lives. So it's been determined he's actually a neighbor by insider investigators, etc.

It's hard for me to believe a paper would report a neighbor didn't know there was a crash on the road outside his house but remembers seeing a woman four miles down the road a few minutes earlier on his way home. When he got home there would be police everywhere.

Either the guy was a neighbor or he wasn't. I have to suspend belief in the reporter, the newspaper, and probably the whole community to believe he is a neighbor and basically inventing a cover story for his friend the bus driver. Surely nothing that transparent was actually reported.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the construction worker and the school bus driver have not been forthcoming for personal reasons, or that the construction worker thought he'd grab his fifteen minutes of fame is anyone's guess. What is apparent that they have something to hide. I can hardly see wasting money and looking for clues down the road per se, when there is plenty of things that have not been looked into at the scene of the accident and what happened after the accident. I nor anyone have anyway to know if the last two persons who saw Maura alive have anything to hide, or if they are guilty of anything, but as we know the sequence of events that occurred, at least Maura's disappearance warrants further investigation.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Time line construction worker Reply with quote

Just thought I'd give a time line of the construction worker..

He leaves Franconia New Hampshire from his construction job, he logs out at 7pm. the distance by route which he took, down the 116 and onto the 112 heading West, it is a total of 36 minutes driving time. He alleges to have seen Maura 5 miles east of the accident site, heading towards Boutin Corner or the 116 or Woodstock at the end of the road, which was 17 miles. He allegedly sees Maura on the road at 8-8:15 p.m., well it is only 5 miles down the road to his house, and he should have seen the police, tow truck or someone at the accident scene slighty 75 yards from his house. The accident should have been in clear view when he turned into his driveway, by the time police and tow truck left it was likely near 9pm.

When does he return home? If he proceeded down the road at 8;30 pm which is the time that he should have arrived then he should have been seen, and why did a 36 minute drive take him 1 hour and 30 minutes??? That's assuming that he arrived home at 8:30!

Where did the construction worker stop, did he stop and watch Maura for awhile? What did he do that took him so long....

Wonder if the police asked him this, he stated that it was confirmed the time that he left work, which implies that he was looking for an alibi. This is very interesting for the the time allotted by mapquest of 36 minutes, this would place him at the scene of the accident at the exact time that Maura went missing, the sbd was with Maura until 7:39 appoximately, if we go by Faith Westman's time line. This seems close enough to me, that the construction worker needs to be reinterviewed.

Granted there was new fallen snow, however, the sbd makes no note of trecherous conditions on the road, also, they did not take the same route, the school bus driver does not state in exactly which route he took, but it is stated that he came around the corner by the red barn, therefore, he had to have taken the 302 home from North Conway. While the construction worker headed down the 112 east from Boutin Corner originating in Franconia.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

To the best of my knowledge there has been nothing printed in the media, regarding the connection with the sbd and the construction worker, nothing of note that I'm aware of, such they were/are friends, many of the questions that the family, friends and bloggers have regarding this connection their time lines etc. not been examined by the media. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong?
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're right. The info that he is a neighbor is from insiders, I personally find it mindboggling that that could be the case. The newspaper would basically be reporting that a neighbor didn't know there was a wreck and all kinds of police searching and neighbors standing in the road and everything else when he got home to not know the wreck was on the 9th as he says.

He says he discussed with a friend seeing a woman on the road on his way home but the friend told him it occurred the 11th. No word on who the friend is or why he was discussing it several days after he saw the woman, according to his story after the 11th.

So like I say, either he's a neighbor or he isn't. There is no way the newspaper could know he's a neighbor and report what they did, or you have to throw the newspaper in with the police concerning the insider accusations, and basically the entire area community while you're at it. Just one humongous Stephen King story going on there is the only conclusion one can draw from the insiders.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are neighbours, I've seen pictures of where they live, the school bus driver lives next door to Faith Westman, and across the highway 112 on the corner of Brandy Hill Road lives the construction worker, a pitchers' throw away!!!!!?

What I find compelling rd, that no one in the country uses dates, everyone always states the day, or the night before last or on a Monday, I can just see a group of locals around the store talking, and to think that for a minute that they deal in dates, I find very unlikely. For example, when not on duty, I never know the date, the day of the week no problem.

Also, considering that Maura went missing in the witnesses found yard, it is rather extrodinary, that a girl went missing from the accident and he does not hear about it until 3 months later....

There would have been people around, and the sbd would have been back from searching for Maura by 8:30 thereabouts, also, the tow truck was there, and likely police, Trooper Monahan.

I don't buy this guy's story for a heart beat.

Last edited by peripeteia on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one technical correction, kate, not that it explains anything. The story as told had the construction worker talking to a friend seemingly near the time of the incident, but sometime after the 11th for the friend to be able to say it happened the 11th.

I will give slight leeway to possible confusion the guy had thinking it might have been her, put off by a statement from a friend, but rethinking it after reading a couple of news accounts several weeks later.

However, the leeway could only be for somone who didn't live at the scene of the accident.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give the construction worker the leaway, it is possible that he mixed up the dates, what is not possible, no matter what was in the news, is that the construction worker and the school bus driver have a 20 year old who is missing from the end of their driveways, how could this realization not spark a memory of seeing a girl ducking from tree to tree heading towards a dirt road? Likely where he'd never seen a girl alone, at night in this weather before, this did not strike him as quite out of the ordinary.

Also, the dates, why would he go on dates, why would anyone say the 9th or 11th or whatever, one would say the day of the week....on Monday night.....

If someone vanished out in front of my house, I'd find that totally mind boggling and likely never to sleep TOO WELL EVER again, and I'm not exagerating..

I'd perhaps could ignore this, but with a time line that can place him at the scene of the accident when Maura disappeared, I can't let it go, as this just send alarm bells ringing....Also, when did he come home, and where had he been, he has some time that is not accounted for.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd: I don't like or believe the story of the construction worker any more than his neighbour the school bus driver. The proximity of the two witnesses living across from one another and they being the last to see Maura alive, and tell inconsistent stories, this is way to large a coincidence, for a gal who doesn't believe in coincidence.

Both men had opportunity, means and motive, well either of them could have struck Maura in her car, and caused a fatal concussion. Either of them could have struck Maura on the road, or inadvertently in their driveway. We simply do not know what became of Maura, however, one would think that at the very least these inconsistencies deserve further investigation. I'm careful to try and not think more sinister thoughts. I'd like to think it was an accident rather than a wolf or wolves in sheeps' clothing came along....

Truthfully, I think that by tearing apart exactly what happened at the scene of the accident will be what unfolds the mystery of what became of Maura. This is of course based on opinion, a gut feeling and from the inconsistencies in the stories of the witnesses. Perhaps these men were looking for 15 minutes of fame and embellished their stories just a tad too much....we will see what the team of 12 investigators accomplish, and what help the media can provide in accessing information presently denied Fred Murray regarding Maura's disappearance. God Willing something in the way of evidence or a witness soon shows up!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maura Murray will be featured on 20/20 this Friday, Saint Patrick's Day. There have been no new developments in this case, other than the group of private detectives (retired police officers/detectives from the Molly Bish
Foundation are working on helping solve the Mystery of Maura's disappearance......
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Maura to be featured on 20/20 Reply with quote

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id+1710316&page=4
"Friday, March 17: Vanished Coeds --

this is the url to the feature on March 17th on 20/20
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog teams plan to search where Maura Murray last seen

Local News Vermont

HAVERHILL, N.H. Volunteer investigators with dogs plan to search the area in northern New Hampshire where a young Massachusetts woman disappeared in 2004.

Maura Murray of Hanson was a student at U-Mass-Amherst when her car hit a snowbank on Route 112 in Haverhill in February 2004. The 21-year-old was never seen again.

John Healy, of Warner, New Hampshire, said he and other volunteers began working on Murray's disappearance last year, hoping to give her family some closure.

Healy is seeking permission from property owners to search several sites, including a large sand pit.

He says five or six dog teams have offered to come from out of town to help.

/quote

The search is to be conducted this week-end, God Speed!
rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish that kind of intensity from volunteers was allowed to take place as soon as Maura disappeared.

But due to the "investigation", none of this happens.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

the search for Maura was a huge success, about a 100 volunteers showed up, the detectives from the Molly Bish foundation were the leads in the search, many many people and dogs came from many states and participated in the search. All the areas searched have not been made public. Nothing evidentary was found, but the lead detective stated that much was learned. An autoreconstructionist has looked at Maura's car, which is a step forward.

The people of the community brought food, and much support for Maura's family and the searchers.......

C'est domage that Maura's family was not notified when Maura's car was found abandoned, and that a search for Maura was not conducted immediately. It is also unfortunate that two neighbours and the investigating officer at the scene of Maura's accident have not been more forthcoming, and have told untruths.

Justice for Maura awaits, a clue, someone coming forth to reveal what they know, someone always knows or suspects something........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: