www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roger Chiang(Joyce's brother)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Roger Chiang(Joyce's brother) Reply with quote

I just saw on www.drudgereport.com that Roger Chiang, murdered Joyce Chiang's brother, who worked for the DNC has been fired for embezzlement of $350,000.00 during the campaign. Maybe someone here can copy it to here before it disappears off drudge. I don't know how to.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks blondie. Here it is. If you can drag a mouse over a part of web page with left button down to highlight it, click on Edit - Copy, then go here to your post and click Edit - Paste and it will pop right in.

rd

from www.sfgate.com (fair use)

Investigators probe apparent theft at Democratic campaign committee
- ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer
Thursday, November 11, 2004

(11-11) 09:17 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

The FBI and U.S. attorney's office are investigating the apparent theft of about $350,000 in checks from a Democratic campaign committee, federal law enforcement and Democratic Party officials said Thursday.

The money was traced to a private bank account that bank records indicate was opened by Roger Chiang, who was employed by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

All but about $10,000 has been recovered, they said. Chiang, who was involved in fund raising, has been fired, the Democratic official said. No charges have been filed.

Chiang did not immediately respond to a reporter's message, left Thursday on his home answering machine, seeking comment.

The campaign committee is the primary fund-raising and political organization for Senate Democrats. Overall, the committee reported raising more than $76 million for the two-year election cycle that just ended.

Campaign committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse said the committee's internal auditors discovered the problem in early October. With the help of the U.S. Capitol Police, they traced and recovered most of the money in time to use it in this fall's Senate campaigns, he said.

The money that has yet to be recovered was insured, said Woodhouse.

The checks -- many made out to "DSCC" -- instead were deposited to an account called DSCAMPO, the officials said. Bank records showed that account was opened in Chiang's name, using his home address and Social Security number, the officials said.

The alleged theft and the investigation were initially reported in Thursday editions of The Washington Post.

Chiang was previously director of outreach to Asians and Pacific islanders for the Democratic National Committee, according to a biography of Chiang on http://asianamerican.net, an Internet site that promotes relations between Asia and North America. He also worked at the Department of Housing and Urban Development during the Clinton administration, the Web site said.
Eds: AP reporter Curt Anderson contributed to this report.

©2004 Associated Press
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that a follow up story will mention his name being mentioned in conjunction with his sister Joyce disappearing and his attempt to get the Washington police to pursue a murder investigation, and by extension may mention Chandra when Joyce is mentioned.

May also give an opportunity to someone to comment on ramification to Condit's suit against Dunne as pertains to stories relayed by Dunne about Condit and women disappearing.

Of course this guy is going to jail for a couple of years so this story will be around for awhile.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article states rd, that no charges were filed. Unless of course the insurance company prosecutes Roger. It seems that Roger was not spending it, if only 10,000,00 dollars was missing. Somehow I would guess that the Democrates do not want any attention brought to Roger as then this would bring attention back to Joyce Chaing.

One wonders did Roger do this for attention to Joyce's case? Or does Roger have a problem? It seems unbelieveable that he would throw away his political career? Given that he held the account in his name with his social security number, and he was despositing checks....this scam was doomed to failure from the get go!

There is no way that Roger could have gotten away with this crime, so ya have to wonder what this is all about?

There is very little information on Chaing's murder, we really know very little about Joyce, and less of Roger except a million thoughts are now running through my mind....
blondie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of thoughts in my mind too.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, for one thing I would think that a multi-month investigation would require charges to be filed. Maybe the way it was done and only $10,000 missing that it could be construed as just an errant account type thing, hard to prove, and all that.

Also, they found the money before the election and spent it for the election but are just now announcing this. Perhaps that means thay concluded they won't be able to successfully pursue charges.

Maybe the Washington Post has more detail. I haven't gone there to look yet.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like that is an errant account. This happened to me once where I was making checks out to EWI, a trash co. called Eastern Waste Industries. The trash co. was calling and saying that I had not paid in 6 months. I pulled all my cancelled checks out for 6 months and called them. They then found out that they had an embezzler in the accounting dept. All checks that were made out with EWI instead of spelled out were being deposited to an account an employee had opend under the name of Eastern Wedding Invitaions. This was not an accident on Roger's part and was not an errant acct.

This makes me suspicious, VERYsuspicious of him in all aspects.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting biography - I didn't realize he was so connected.

http://www.asianamerican.net/bios/Chiang-Roger.html
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also interesting that he helped arrange Chandra's vigil.

Also interesting that he reported Joyce missing.

Also interesting that he received a presidental appointment after Joyce disappeared.

He also use to work for a Ca congressman by the name of Anthony C. Beilenson.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On May 1, 2001 Chandra looked up about 20 websites, one of which was the Washington City paper. On that day the front page feature was about Joyce Chiang I think.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blondie immediately what came to mind is the wall painting near where Joyce Chaing lived and I cannot recall the actual words that were painted on the wall, however somehow I got the feeling that this was about Joyce and that whom ever murdered her lived in the neighbourhood or that someone wanted others to believe that the person was in the neighbourhood.

Curious too is that we learn about an investigation that Joyce was involved in at work????? We do not know much of the details, well this is essentially important in that we do not really know if Joyce had motive or reason to end her life? Perhaps she was in doggy doo up to her eyeballs, like her brother Roger now find himself in such a position, deep doo.

We know that a newpaper was found in the park with Joyce's keys and Identification which were dated the nineth of January, and the newspaper was dated the eleventh. Odd there were no finger prints on the newspaper or the keys, identification? In other words, we do not know exactly when Joyce went missing as we have only her brother's word that Joyce did not come home, we do not know for sure if this is so, except the brother claims to have been at home.

There was Joyce's coat which was found in the park I believe (or was this found in the water) the coat which was suede was torn directly down the back, there is almost nothing but intention that could tear a coat like this.
Foresnic evidence of the the torn coat should have yeilded some evidence.
Odd that the police would think this case was a suicide when the coat was torn?

Certainly one wonders what Roger's intention was of stea;ing this money or is he just a sick puppy??!!
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the money blackmail money he needed to pay someone off to keep quiet? With such a bright future there HAD to be some reason really big.
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info guys,

It almost sounds like a slush fund. If non-standard election projects were planned by the DNC and they didn't want it to be traced to the DNC they might ask one of their officers to open a private account. Was the $10,000 used by Chiang? Or is it just a discrepancy? Otherwise its all accounted for.

Chiang seems to have been involved in getting out the Asian vote. If this was so easily spotted by the auditors there must have been some record of the checks initially arriving and so its hard to believe he was embezzling for personal profit, especially given his career bio.

Seems like there's more to this and we'll hear more about his sister soon.

James
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondiie, I agree certainly not an errant account thing he was doing, what I meant was that it could be hard to prove so perhaps that's why charges haven't been filed.

Sluch fund? Blackmail money? Or early retirement fund? I don't know, but reminds me of Condit's campaign funds alegedly being embezzled after Chandra disappeared, which was the same time that the Federal Elections Commission opened an inquiry into Condit's campaign fund spending.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange. If it was slush fund, then why did they fire him? I got the impression that the DNC are the ones who found it. They may not be filing charges because too much will be looked at and maybe something bigger will be discovered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: