www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anna Giammona nine months pregnant and missing in Naples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Anna Giammona nine months pregnant and missing in Naples Reply with quote

from abcnews.go.com (fair use)

Florida Searches for Missing Pregnant Woman
Desperate Family Waits in Fear After Overdue Woman Goes Missing
ABC News
October 22, 2004

NAPLES, Fla., Oct. 22, 2004 -- The Giammona family had been preparing for a joyous week when the woman at the center of their expected celebration vanished without a trace.

Authorities have been searching for Anna Angelina Giammona, who is nine months pregnant, since she disappeared Monday while running errands near her parents' North Naples home.

Giammona, 29, had told her mother that she had a 10 a.m. appointment to have labor induced Monday morning. However, deputies say that none of the hospitals in their area had any record of her having an appointment and there was no sign she was in any hospital's computer system.

Dennis Hoff of the Collier County Sheriff's Office said Giammona was last seen getting gas at a local convenience store.

"We know that she made a call to her parent's house from a McDonald's sometime after 8 [a.m.] saying she was going to get some food there," Hoff said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "And then we have her on a videotape surveillance camera from a convenience store fueling the vehicle that she was driving and that happened at just about 9 a.m. and that was about the last time anybody seen her."

Investigators say she had $2,000 with her when she left her home.

Giammona's family reported her missing around 8:30 p.m. Monday when she hadn't returned to their home, reports say. She moved in with her parents after leaving Texas to escape problems with her boyfriend, sheriff's reports say.

Her sister, Michelle Giammona, says Anna was filled with joy over the prospect of becoming a mother.

"She was happy, excited. My brother saw her getting ready," Michelle Giammona said. "She was excited and happy and just normal."

Michelle Giammona says her family is waiting anxiously to hear something from Anna or from someone who knows something about her whereabouts and condition.

"If you're safe, let us know you're OK. And if anybody has any information, just let us know she's OK," she said.

Authorities say they are desperately working to find Giammona, who is already weeks overdue. They've tried calling her cellular phone, but the calls have gone directly to voicemail.

Giammona is Caucasian, about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds. She has hazel eyes, brown hair and a tattoo of a butterfly on her right ankle. Her family says she was wearing a white shirt with red stripes and khaki pants the morning she disappeared.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts should call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 239-774-4434 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I just finished reading another article on this woman. I hate to tell you this, because I know how seriously you take these things, but Anna may not be pregnant at all. I could be wrong, I could definitely be wrong, but here are the facts: 1. She is at this time, "weeks overdue." Hmm. 2. She told her mother that she had an appointment at the hospital to induce labor, but no hospital in that area has records for her. 3. She took $2,000.00 with her?????? 4. Last seen filling her tank w/gas?????

IMO, she disappeared herself. I have read a True Crime book on this exact scenario. The woman was not pregnant, but fooled everyone. She was, like Anna, "weeks overdue," and left the house one day telling her mother she was going into the hospital to induce labor. Instead, this is what she did: Found a woman who WAS pregnant, kidnapped her, cut her stomach open with her CAR KEYS killing the woman, and brought the baby home pretending it was hers. I will try to find out via Internet what this woman's name was and where it happened because I can't remember.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found the info: 19 yr old woman in Albuquerque, NM, named Darci Pierce. This happened in 1987. So, now you can read about it.

Again, I could be wrong. But, it sounds suspiciously like this Darci Pierce case.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, Kortnie. I do seem to recall another case since 1987 when a woman faked being pregnant and if I recall correctly tried to kidnap a baby from a hospital or something for the "birth".

Well, certainly I agree these kinds of things have to be considered. For example, I would expect the Naples police to have called and talked to the doctor who has been examining her and ascertain whether she is indeed pregnant before going public with her disappearance, on the other hand, I am talking an urgent phone call that was included in the ones mentioned above in trying to determine if she was under medical care.

I would expect that there was confirmation of her condition due to the other side of the coin, those women who try to kidnap newborns as their own.

A great heads up, Kortnie. It is critical that police both take these things seriously and move to rule out such scenarios immediately. I look forward to more info about the circumstances in which she disappeared.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more local detail, but no confirming information one way or the other. An interesting tidbit is that the picture file name is labelled as a mug shot. I don't know if that is journalist talk or if it really is a mug shot on record with police.

rd

from www.mbc-2.com (fair use)

Missing woman case generates national headlines Tom Roussey
Posted on: Friday, October 22, 2004

NORTH NAPLES — The case of a missing woman from North Naples has gained national attention – and the sheriff's office hopes that exposure will lead to her return.

The story of Anna Giammona was featured on ABC's "Good Morning America" Friday morning.

"If you're safe, let us know you're OK. And if anybody has any information, just let us know she's ok," her sister, Michelle Giammona, said during the broadcast.

Deputies waited all day to see if the national television interview would generate any big tips, but as of Friday evening they still had no idea where Giammona is.

Giammona's picture still hangs in the window of the 7-11 where she was last seen pumping gas. The sheriff's office hopes the national broadcast of pictures of her at the pump will lead to tips that will solve the case.

"Or if she sees it, she'll call and let us know she's okay," said Cpl. Dennis Huff with the sheriff's office.

Reportedly nine months pregnant, Giammona disappeared Monday morning – not long after telling her family she'd be home shortly.

What is baffling to investigators is that Malibu Lakes, where she lives, is right across Immokalee Road from the 7-11 where she was last seen pumping gas. That means all she had to do was make cross the road to get home, but she never did.

The case has many in the area very concerned. At a nearby church Friday, home-school art teacher Yolanda Sohn said she thinks about it a lot.

"You're always aware of your surroundings, and you look around constantly. It makes you wonder can you be the next one," Sohn said.

The sheriff's office doesn't know if Giammona left on her own or if she was hurt. They know she had thousands of dollars in cash on hand and had filled up on gas – but the sheriff's office says it's still possible she was kidnapped.

© 2004 by NBC2 NEWS.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sounds to me that she left on her own.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna G is safe. She returned home last night telling her family that "she lost the baby a month ago and didn't think her family would understand." She said she took the money because she didn't want to be found and needed cash. She's been sleeping in her vehicle. Her family is getting her "help."

IMO, there never was a baby.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Kortnie. Very difficult to understand how the Naples police did not confirm her situation with her doctor, and if couldn't for example identify doctor, should have been a showstopper. No way this should have gone public without such verification.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have read as much in the True Crime genre as I have, you start to get a feel for these things because you learn from each book. For example, I remembered that book about the NM woman who faked being pregnant, then "weeks overdue" (just like Anna) went out to find herself a baby. Fortunately, in Anna's case, she did not go out and kidnap a real pregnant woman, strangle her, and cut her baby out w/ car keys. That is what Darcie Pierce, the NM woman did. I saw in my research that there have been similar cases in Ravenna, Ohio, and in Chicago. I wonder, though, if Anna didn't think about trying to find a real baby... but then when she saw her face everywhere knew the jig was up...
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call Kortnie:

There is no way she was booked for an induction, as you are always NPO, nothing by mouth, so if one was booked for an induction, you would not be at MacDonald's getting something for breakfast. As this woman was three weeks overdue, the baby a month ago would have been term, and therefore, what did she do with her full term baby, surely this was a still birth, seems rather strange that she would not have given the baby a burial. I'd say this woman has some problems, serious problems. I think I'd agree with you Kortnie that their never was a pregnancy.

Perhaps her parents would not allow her to live with them, and so she told the lie about being pregnant. Anyway no never mind, this woman is in need of some therapy.

p.s. anyone wondering where I've been my computer completely crashed and can't seem to get it working again, this is the third time I've lost the information about Chandra......using the computer at work at the moment!
maryland missing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't that girl found alive after six years (supposedly died in a house fire) last year in Pennsylvania - wasn't she kidnapped by the family friend because she wanted her b/f to belive she just gave birth?

There was another one - a nurse who kidnapped and killed a pregnant woman to convince her boyfriend she had a baby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: