www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rachel Good case - Virginia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryland missing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Rachel Good case - Virginia Reply with quote

Prosecutors Call For Special Grand Jury

Good’s Death, Disappearance To Be Investigated

By WILL MORRIS
Daily News-Record

A special grand jury has been called to hear evidence in the case of Rachel Good, an Elkton woman missing since October and presumed dead, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Good, a pregnant mother of three when she disappeared, has been linked to a former Elkton police officer, who is a suspect in the case.

The new special grand jury will meet every day starting Oct. 6. Marsha Garst, the commonwealth’s attorney for Rockingham County, would not guess how long the body would be in session.

Garst said a special grand jury was held once before, Sept. 24, to hear evidence in the case. She would not, however, comment on the proceedings.

She characterized the special grand jury as a valuable investigative tool. With the power of subpoena, the special grand jury can compel testimony from uncooperative witnesses.

"We have significant evidence, and we want to move the case along," Garst said, adding that an indictment was "certain."

Without A Trace

Good, 20, vanished Oct. 18, 2003, after hanging out with friends in the parking lot of the Elkton Volunteer Fire Department.

She has not been seen or heard from since.

On Wednesday, Garst once again declined to identify a suspect in the case. But in August, members of the victim’s family said investigators told them former Elkton police officer Adam Williams is the suspect. And as recently as Sept. 16, investigators filed a sealed search warrant against Williams.

For months, the family has asserted that Williams dated Rachel Good before she disappeared.

According to the family, Williams gave Good money to terminate a pregnancy for which he was responsible. Court records confirm Good was pregnant days before she went missing.

A search warrant seeking the release of Good’s medical records remains under seal in the county courthouse.

"He gave her $1,400 for an abortion," Good’s brother Adam said in August. "Then she took the money and blew it and threatened to tell his wife."

Good said Williams and Rachel Good often talked by cellular phone while they were dating. Williams stopped calling Rachel Good, her brother said, when she disappeared.

"They were calling each other every day leading up to the disappearance," Good said. "Then after the disappearance, he never tried to call her cell phone again."

Law-enforcement authorities have confirmed the family’s account of the Good-Williams relationship. Williams could not be reached for comment.

A Bitter Anniversary

On Oct. 23, 2003, the Virginia State Police took over the investigation into Good’s disappearance from local authorities.

But for four days, Williams led the investigation into the disappearance, Elkton Police Chief Richard Pullen has confirmed. Good’s mother, Brenda Brown, said she witnessed Williams going into Good’s home and sifting through her belongings.

Williams was placed on paid administrative leave from the force after a search warrant was served on his home. He resigned from the Elkton force Jan. 16.

Brown thinks the special grand jury will bring her closer to getting justice for her daughter, but she doesn’t look forward to testifying. The first day the grand jury meets is her daughter’s birthday, the first since she disappeared almost a year ago.

"It’s gonna be another emotional day," Brown said. "She’d be 21."

Contact Will Morris at 574-6286 or wmorris@dnronline.com
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, a pregnant mother of three when she disappeared, has been linked to a former Elkton police officer, who is a suspect in the case.

There are some that think a pregnancy is the scenario for Chandra's disappearance. This is really just tragic that women disappear when they become inconvenient. Thanks for posting this information on Rachel Good, mm.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
maryland missing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Rachel Good Reply with quote

Not a problem. I comb all the DC / MD / VA papers for missing person stories...I'll start posting them as I see them, if no one minds...
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from WHSV TV-3 (fair use)

Good Still Missing and Continues to be Missed
Elkton
Reporter: Laura Speakman

The past two years have been some rough ones for many people.

Progress has been made in the Rachel Good case, but the search is still on for Rachel's body.

"As far as where she is we know no more than we did on the very first day," said Cary Good, Rachel's father.

The very first day being two years ago. Twenty-year-old Rachel Good was last seen in Elkton and said to be ten weeks pregnant at the time.

"Probably the most difficult part for me is not having a body not having a gravesite, no closure," said Adam Good, Rachel's brother.

The past two years have even taken a lot out of the main investigator.

"I live with it it's pretty much consumed over the past two year it's consumed all my time," said Joe Ritchie, Virginia State Police Special Agent.

Adam Good, Rachel's brother, says the evidence on the prime suspect is overwhelming; a big key is the body.

"There's no cookie he's got it all over his mouth he's got it all over his fingers however there is no cookie," said Adam.

But authorities say they're not slowing down with the case.

"Her father, her mother, her brother her grandparents these people deserve everything we can give them to bring this thing to a conclusion," said Ritchie

"I sit sometimes and wonder what I could have done differently as a father if I had a better father different father or been there when she needed me I feel like I let Rachel down big time," said Cary.

Cary says doesn't matter how long it takes...three, five years. But he wants to see the murderer serve justice and find Rachel's body.

Gray Television Group, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2007
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Another ex-cop, so sad Reply with quote

Another very sad case where it appears the ex didn't want a pregnant girlfriend and he appears responsible for her disappearance and death.

Quote:
"They were calling each other every day leading up to the disappearance," Good said. "Then after the disappearance, he never tried to call her cell phone again."

Rd, he was never tried for this murder to date? By what has been posted it does not seem to be. What do you know, anything else?

Very sad and I hope this family will get the peace they so dearly deserve.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an anniversary update I found, goz. If someone finds more recent info on Rachel, please post it.

From this article, the family is saying that they think the police cannot pursue a case against the ex, and an ex-cop, without finding her remains.

That's why inconvenient women disappear, and ex's stay silent.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case of "No body, no crime." Hopefully, we can get some of these cases through the court system if the evidence is strong enough.

Maybe Hans will be the next one to be found guilty without the body! Waiting..

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nina Reiser's case is unfortunately even more complicated than Rachel's. Rachel's case should be very straightfoward, but it might as well be, no body, no crime.

At the time Rachel disappeared, we were yet to know that small town cops would be silent ex's for two more missing women, Tara Grinstead (see 30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing) and Theresa Parker (see Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07).

But no bodies found.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last post I could locate (source):

TruckingBoards Truck Drivers Forum

(Fair use)

Elkton Woman Missing Three Years
Posted 2006-10-18

Closure Sought For Rachel Good’s Family
By Jenny Jones

Three years. That’s 36 months, 1,095 days, 26,280 hours or 1,576,800 minutes.

That’s how long it’s been since 20-year-old Rachel Nicole Good was last seen in front of the Elkton Volunteer Fire Department. It was Oct. 18, 2003.

Good, a mother of three, was 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighed about 180 pounds, according to the Virginia State Police. She was last seen wearing a yellow T-shirt, bluejeans and possibly stud-type earrings, a release from law enforcement officials said. She had a scar on her navel and back, the release said.

Unlike previous years, Good won’t be remembered today with fanfare. No ceremonies are planned and no new signs reminding people of her disappearance are being posted.

Even though public attention is not being aroused, Commonwealth’s Attorney Marsha Garst says that Good has not been forgotten and justice for her is still being sought.

http://www.rocktownweekly.com/news_d......6843&CHID=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: