www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Introduction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from email:

I too find it interesting that a dog NOT trained to find cadaver, would make such a scene that his owner would climb up to see what the dog was intrigued by.

That's critical to trying to understand how Chandra's body could lay there for a year undetected and then this happen, just so happens while the grand jury is questioning aides to the congressman. Like you, I don't find the story plausible at all. But knowledge of dogs like you've mentioned here helps a lot.

The dog went up the side of the hill, and believe me, as steep a hill as anything you'll ever see, and quite frankly, when you read my account of a visit there later in the book, not only steep but you have to traverse across the hill a hundred yards up and down ten to twelve feet into a ravine and back up the other side to get to the site of the remains. Down below the body to the road is a 70 foot cliff, so can't get to the body directly from below, not without going around and across a deep gully to reach the body.

So to add to the strain of that credibility, the skull had disconnected from the body and rolled 20 feet further downhill and was in a washout covered by a foot or so of leaves and brush. So the turtle hunter said the dog had pawed down through the ground cover and uncovered a portion of the skull, which he saw when he allegedly was reaching down to pick up a turtle.

The whole thing is farfetched in that the only reason ever implied for hunting turtles was to sell to pet stores (a quarter, maybe?), and the hunter was said to be a man but has never been identified. Very unusual for the police and press to refuse to identify him, even though he was interviewed off camera. Possibly a minor, but cable viewers reported he had a deep voice.

Possibly the reason given for the find being by a "turtle hunter" is that presumably the routine was for the dog to locate and point to a turtle which the owner then picked up. So the real question is how could a year old skeleton attract a dog from the road below while the body in various stages of decomposition never attracted a dog in the previous year.

I don't think it's possible, but added to it you'll find later that the congressman made a call to his other mistress (the one that hadn't disappeared) from the little town of Luray, Virginia, smack dab in the middle of cave country, at midnight from an outdoor phone two weeks after Chandra disappeared. He told her he was in big trouble and not to call him. She was so scared she went to the police.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice little plug for Murder on a Horse Trail from Woodruff's World blog under Cool Books To Read:

http://wwoodruff.wordpress.com/

Much appreciated, wwoodruff.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's really great rd!!!!!!!!!!!
benn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not remember if I have ever posted on Murder on a Horsetrail before. I read the comments here on the turtle hunter, and his dog. I had a dog that liked to find anything dead. If we went to the beach and he found a dead sealion the first thing he would do is go and roll on it, or in it. We would try to get him to wash off in the water afterwards, before we left in our car, but I do not remember how good we were in doing that.

Anyway, now we know a little more about the turtle hunter. I don't know if it has done us any good. I might come back here once in a while and read some more out of rd's book. I think I had two electronic copies of the book but lost them both in computer crashes. Seems to me I had a hard copy too, but I don't remember what happened to that. We gave one hard copy to Modesto law enforcement, but I don't think anyone there ever read it, did they? Or at least I do not remember anyone in Modesto saying they had read it. Well, I will go on to another topic here. benn
rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we went to some effort to get a copy or two to Modesto, Stanislaus County I believe, and never heard anything back.

I guess everyone is waiting for somebody to do something.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post to helpofindthemissing.org:

Hi all, I'm annalyzer's brother, rd. I started posting in 2001 when Chandra disappeared and then Laci Peterson and continued to focus on missing women which I dedicated my site to, www.justiceforchandra.com

I posted my book Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy here. Please feel free to read. I'll be glad to answer any questions.

The take on Guandique is complex. I have a chapter on Guandique. I also have a chapter on Condit's Alibi. Of much more depth on Guandique is last years thread on the Washington Post series since they basically were trying to pin it on him and whitewash Condit.

My thoughts start with that it is a crime to place Chandra in the middle of a national forest on top of the highest hill in DC. Not a one of you women would have been in that forest alone, much less without a cell phone which she used to monitor her answering machine constantly for messages from Condit, without your wallet, without any pepper spray she always carried or any other protection, and without enough time to get home before dark.

None of you would have done it, and it's a crime to say that Chandra did it when there was no basis of her ever having done anything like that.

She never jogged, anywhere.

She was never known to go to Rock Creek Park by her friends. Indeed, she told them it was a dangerous place.

I walked the route and re-enacted the crime in my book. The National Enquirer provided a photo guide to the route. It was pretty ugly. Not a one of you would consider a woman sane to even get to the park, much less climb the steepest hill in DC through a dark forest on a horse trail to get to where she was found.

In short, I posted today I'd be more than willing to assist Guandique's defense by taking the jury on that re-enactment taking only what Chandra had with her, her apartment keys and her Walkman, the same things she took to her gym everyday a couple of blocks away.

And she was still a member of the gym. She was told the previous evening she had to give thirty days notice to terminate her membership, so she was a paid member for another month.

Why would I assist a scum like Guandique? Because there's a bigger scum who didn't take a police lie detector test like Guandique did, and wouldn't pass it like Guandique did. We saw that in the Connie Chung interview. Imagine what the lie detector readings would have been during that interview.

And then when Guandique is cleared, or not convicted, then the focus can go back to where it belongs, on the uninvestigated Condit.

And we can drop Guandique back where he came from, sans parachute.

There are lots more details than Chandra could have never been there without being driven there and her body hidden, and that Guandique passed a lie detector test, and the "cellmate" who says he confessed failed his, and said Guandique said he stabbed her. When Chandra was found, there were no blood stains on her clothes.

The cellmate said nothing true that wasn't in the news, and what he said that wasn't in the news was a lie.

On that they're going to charge Guandique? I say keep him in prison indefinitely until Chandra's case is resolved, or go ahead and charge him and have a trial, I welcome it, but not a chance in the world that anyone could physically re-enact what was alleged to happen and believe it.

Throughout the book there are many unanswered questions that remain unanswered, and could be answered, but it's way easier to pin this on an illegal than a former prominent congressman.

I'm just not for taking the easy way out when it comes to a missing person.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: