www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Introduction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skipper, the quote from Sale you posted is from July/August 2001. The $50,000 bond was posted. Darrell had a November, 2001 court date which he missed, but we didn't know about it until March, 2002 when he was found a second time and it was given as the reason for his arrest.

Sale said that Darrell was in jail in California at the time and couldn't appear, and it just sort of slipped his mind he was supposed to appear in Florida.

Whoever put up the $50,000 most certainly did lose it.

rd

Last edited by rd on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kortnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, since I know so much more after reading your book, I browsed a lot of Chandra-related sites last night and this morning on the web. I printed a map of Rock Creek Park so I could follow along w/your description in the book.

The Remains Site is 1 and 1/2 miles from Klingle Mansion, which as we know, was closed that Tuesday as it is every Tuesday. Plus, it's in the middle of a working day on May 1, not quite vacation time and not quite school summer break time. Ergo, park is mostly deserted, esp. in the remote, outlying areas. Certainly no bicyclists or runners/joggers. Also, it's after lunch, about 1:45, and any lunchtime park explorers have put their high heels back on and are at their desk. Chandra wore casual clothes of the leggings she liked (I have been a long-time fan of leggings, and not only for exercise, but also for casual wear. They're comfortable!) plus her favorite sweatshirt, sneakers (NOT jogging shoes), sunglasses and brought her Walkman because Gary told her they were going hiking and also implied sex. It's no coincidence that she logged off her computer at 1:30; Gary was coming to pick her up. I've also thought that she browsed a France site because G further tried to placate her w/lies they'd take a trip to France. I mean, he knew he was going to kill her, so why not go all out? The car is one gotten by the accomplice, which G could explain as a colleagues or whatever. She wouldn't care; she trusted who she was with. The accomplice is already there waiting or is in the trunk. Once the car reaches KM, G puts on hiking shoes. They reach the spot 1 and 1/2 mile away, and G proposes sex. C takes off her SPANDEX leggings, even a tighter fit than cotton ones which is why I suggest they were taken off voluntarily. Once this is done, ambush. The leggings are used to strangle, which they certainly could. Her sunglasses get knocked off and kicked away in the struggle. She does realize now what this whole deal is about, and her last thoughts are probably filled with "Oh my God I'm so stupid." The two men leave her, the clothes, sunglasses and W'man but take the 2 pieces of jewelry and the keys. A stranger would not take keys he had no use for. And, like you said, rd, no pawned jewelry.

I know that there are risks in this scenario but desperate people take risks. Another thing that can be somewhat counted on is that people aren't very observant. In fact, eyewitness testimony is the least reliable. In short, they got away with it. People get away with murder all the time; there are plenty of unsolved "cold" cases. Gary, because he's a sociopath, has no feelings about this event except relief. He's back in the capitol at 3:30, and he never calls C again because he knows she's dead. As for the jewelry and keys, G could drop them in his trash that night, trash service next day and g-o-n-e forever.

rd, please give me your opinion. Kortnie
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie, Condit was into ties tied together under his bed, so leggings tied together, or in knots, might be a connection.

A long time ago I started to do research on the use of rope in crimes, and the knots used. Those knots, etc. seem to be part of a core of knowledge related to crimes.

I will have to look that up again. The DC pollice just did not seem interested in solving this crime. They probably have too many other crimes to be looking at.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie, those knotted leggings could have been an expression of a mean and revengeful attitude in Condit.

I am not making the mean and revengeful attitude up. I mentioned it in another message somewhere here. I got that impression from the NE book about Chandra. Vince Flammini is quoted as saying that Condit did not forgive his mother and father in law for not wanting him to marry their daughter. Flammini quotes Condit.

Also Flammini said that when Carolyn's mother came to visit the Condit family in Ceres that Condit did not speak to her the whole time that she was there.

That type of an attitude points to something that I don't believe was revealed in any of the news stories about him.

Maybe those knotted leggings also were intended to say something to Condit's other girlfriends, "Don't betray me or the same thing will happen to you."

That might be related to some kind of a cult attitude. Condit was not a good Christian, so what philosophy controlled his mind? He evidently thought that he could hide his secret activities from his constituents, and the general public, forever. Maybe he believed too much in himself.

There are sure a lot of things that the police did not do, but maybe they did not want to spend the time.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site on Forensic knot analysis.

http://north-van.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/forens~1/home.htm

There seem to be a lot of forensic sites. Maybe we have been overlooking them.

Some of them might even be interested in what we are looking at.

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct is saying that a vengeful attitude is not a Christian virtue, Benn. Quite the opposite. Too bad that Condit harbors resentment. I wonder if that is why he cheated on his wife to the degree that it is reported? Something like 32 girlfriends? We know during the time that he was seeing Chandra, he was also dating Anne Marie.

As to the links that Chandra visited that day, I posted lots about the National Geographic link. There was the Shenandoah Festival in that area in 2001 and it was on the first page of the National Geographic link. No one else picked up on that. Maybe I'll write something about that, if this investigation ever gets off the ground again. I guess I already did, just have to find it.

Luray is in the area and in fact some of the festivities are in Luray. I've felt that it was Condit's "bait". Taking Chandra to the festival. I don't believe that she was killed in Rock Creek Park. Maybe met him there and her body was dumped at a later date.

This festival is huge. Movie stars- the whole nine. I'll post more when I have time. It's a Masonic festival. Masonic rituals are held in the Luray caves as well. Interesting place.

As to the Air France link, some said that it was a front. The link, that is. That theory takes us in a different direction altogether.

Don't you wonder why the FBI never published anything more about the links that Chandra visited that day? Seems to be as though the more information that you put out there, the more feedback you may get that may help solve the crime?
Kortnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, do you think Chandra had any phone contact w/Carolyn Condit? Or, if not, that she threatened G w/it?
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn and NE just settled a lawsuit because NE said that Chandra and Carolyn had a screamfest. I'm not interested in joining the list of defendants for plaintiffs Gary and Carolyn Condit and their lawyer Lin Wood.

Some speculation is necessary in the course of an investigation, but only to help determine what to pursue. Baseless speculation is just that, baseless. I've stated exactly what I think of the phone call situation in the Big News chapter. I don't see any value as an author in speculating further. The fact that it was possible and that someone in Condit's apartment answered Carolyn's call shortly before Carolyn flew in to Washington and Chandra disappeared is all I need to know to investigate the answers to questions we can answer. What I speculate is irrelevant.

There is quite a bit of free expression allowed on these sites but as an author I have to recuse myself and try to generate some hard information to the questions in the book. Others like yourself aren't under those constraints. I have hopefully more enlightening comments on your previous posts coming, Kortnie. thanks.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, where are you?

I rented "Crimes and Misdemeanors" last night and watched it again. Whatever you think about Woody Allen, it's a brilliant film. The reason I asked about any confrontation between C and C is because the threat of confrontation between mistress and wife in the movie (threatened by the mistress) is what gets her (the mistress) killed. More specifically, murdered. It's clear that if mistress had just reconciled herself that the affair was over, she would have continued living. Please comment, rd. Kortnie
jane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie - don't know where rd is, but I'll try to rent Crimes & Misdemeanors sometime.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please rent it, Jane. This brilliant 1989 film has a lot in common with our Discussion topic. And, in the end, well I won't tell you, but again lots in common w/our villain here, Condit.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I am here. I am frazzled from trying to get a job and save my house and dealing with bill collectors and trying to keep my utilities on. It's not pretty, or it's pretty ugly, whichever. And yes, benn, I am a recused recluse.

I think I am starting work soon but I don't know. On another note, I got rejected by Random House. They don't think the book is right for them. Honest to God I don't think the editor even looked at it, I think it's too hot for publishers to deal with because of lawsuits and he was told that. That's my opinion of it anyway.

There was no comment on writing, just that the book wasn't right for them. I do appreciate them accepting the manuscript last February and responding. That shows some class anyway. And given the lawsuits, one can't blame publishers for being leary of getting in the middle of Condit's legal flailing. I can't even answer questions openly, so I understand publisher's reluctance to become moneybags for Condit to go after.

More comments on the posts coming. Thanks for being here, Kortnie and jane and benn.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome - and thank you for being here too, rd!
Kortnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I can't help thinking how diametrically opposed you and Condit are. He's got money, but no dignity or respect. You've got dignity and respect, but no money. In addition, he's murdered someone and you haven't! Doesn't that make you feel a teensy bit better? The major, major difference is your situation can be fixed, but his can never be. I would definitely choose your shoes, and it's not like I haven't been in your current shoes before. After all, I don't think any of us here are Rockefeller's, except maybe Benn.

What can we all do for you?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I'm sure we all feel a little better after that, skipper! Thanks for the support on the house and job. Lord knows if we ever come into any money we won't know how to act.

It had always been my intention to send a copy of MHT to all our members but I had no money to do it. Thing is, you and all the regulars have seen everything in the book so nothing new there. It's for new members and lurkers reading to see our discussion and get interested. Every subject we have discussed before, but whatever the subject I know you'll have interesting info and comments to add, you and the others here.

Kortnie made three posts yesterday commenting on scenarios, questions, and digging for more information based on reading the book. That is exactly what I had hoped to accomplish with this thread and I hope we can jump in and comment on issues that are raised as has been happening recently.

Sure, there is no bloody trail but we bloody well need to blaze a trail through the wall that has been thrown up around Chandra's disappearance to a place where people ask straight questions and demand answers under threat of perjury and obstruction of justice.

thanks again, skipper, and I hope things pick up around us soon!

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: