www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning the stones over, one at a time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Turning the stones over, one at a time. Reply with quote

Here is a little more background on the signature that I have at the present time, quoting Congressman Gary Condit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,25118,00.html

>>>Transcript: Sen. Dianne Feinstein talks with Paula Zahn
Friday, May 18, 2001<<<<<

>>>ZAHN: And what do you make of the stories linking Congressman Condit with Chandra Levy?

FEINSTEIN: Well, I don't make anything of it. You know, back here, everybody is fast to jump to conclusions. I think the investigation has to proceed. I don't think it should be tainted by speculation or this kind of talk. I mean, I've known Gary Condit for a long, time, and I'm sure he didn't have anything to do with her disappearance.

ZAHN: I wanted to quickly read part of a statement that he has sent out. And he said, quote, (the bold print is not bold in the original text) "This is about Chandra Levy. All of us should focus our efforts on getting her home. This matter is under investigation by the police. They should be fully supported. I urge anyone with facts or other information related to this office to contact the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police. It is not appropriate for any of us to make any further public comments about the facts of this case or to speculate about a matter that is under police investigation. Our hopes and prayers are with the Levy family and for Chandra's safe return."

Did her parents talk about Mr. Condit at all today?

FEINSTEIN: No.

ZAHN: In your conversation?

FEINSTEIN: No. We did not -- they did not bring him up. As a matter of fact, they were asked a question outside my office. They did not answer it. (snip)<<<<

Feinstein has since said that Condit lied to her. I don't have the exact statement that she was referring to.

My interpretation of Condit's statement is that he was trying to cover up. Don't tell the public anything you know, tell the DC Police, and they will bury the information, and it will become priveleged information, and no one will ever learn what it was. The police will probably silence you from ever repeating your own information.

Skipper mentioned the word "confrontation" in a response to a message of mine. A confrontation being what leads up to some of the husband wife murders, or boyfriend girlfriend murders.

What maybe is needed in the Chandra Levy case is a confrontation, a legal or verbal confrontation, but a confrontation with whom?

Condit would seem like the obvious one to have a confrontation with, but at the preent time there seems to be no way to confront him. Amber Frey has done a good job in testifying against Scott Peterson, but probably none of Condit's former women acquaintances want to testify against him. On the other hand the DC police have probably not asked any of them to give a complete testimony. The DC police have probably not done nearly as much work on the Chandra case, in getting verbal evidence, as the Statnislaus County legal officials have done.

Stanislaus County confronted Scott. DC could hardly even interview Condit.

Just another thought, which I think that I have seen expressed on this board before, Could Condit and Scott have known each other? There would have been plenty of opportunities for a fertilizer salesman to talk to a Congressman, and vice versa.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially in the sense they were both fertilizer salesmen. I have written the Levys urging them to confront the DC police, demand to be told what answers the police have to the questions I raise in my book, and they have not responded, nor have they ever. In a way, if they will not act then I guess no one should. No one has the moral authority they do to confront Washington DC, yet they must be afraid of confronting the only institution that even pretends to say they are investigating.

Still, I would call their bluff. Surely they cannot believe such nonsense as the DC police or FBI doing a thing about Chandra's case other than telling people to move on, nothing to see here.

Nothing will change until lawsuits start flying or enough people read the book that it hits the papers again and embarrasses someone into explaining why Condit is not declared a suspect and his alibi opened up again to an investigation that people know is taking place because questions are being asked. Nothing will change as long as the Levys stay silent.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also still wonder about Gary and Scott knowing each other. I wish we could fing a connection. I've looked but can't find anything.
benn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>especially in the sense they were both fertilizer salesmen.<<<

That is a good one liner. They say laughter is good for your health. I am surprised sometimes at the number of jokes the late night comedians made about Condit--Leno, Letterman, and whoever else is on. No one said anything about suing them.

>>> Still, I would call their bluff. Surely they cannot believe such nonsense as the DC police or FBI doing a thing about Chandra's case other than telling people to move on, nothing to see here.<<<

The Levys did try to keep the case going, but for some reason DC did not want to believe them, or take anyone from California seriously. That can be because the police were in fear of losing their jobs if they pressed too hard.

>>> Nothing will change until lawsuits start flying or enough people read the book that it hits the papers again and embarrasses someone into explaining why Condit is not declared a suspect and his alibi opened up again to an investigation that people know is taking place because questions are being asked. Nothing will change as long as the Levys stay silent.<<<

The book may get the investigation out into the open again, but the dead do have rights, and Chandra has rights whether anyone pursues those rights or not. All of the dead have rights, and murder victims have special rights. There may be some victims rights group that would take an interest in the case.

The problem with victims rights groups is that there are too many victims. It is hard to zero in on one case. Kortnie seems to write some good letters. If she could write to the ModBee, or to Mike Doyle, or to someone connected to Chandra's case she might get a good response.

Time really works for us I think, but it is hard to be patient. When someone in a government office, or with a nice plush government job, begins to feel the heat, then the Chandra case will probably get solved. The investiators in DC have a lot of information that they haven't really used, or maybe they don't understand it. If they ask for more resources they might all get fired.

No one is suing Leno and Letterman about their Condit jokes.

I am going to keep looking for something that puts Scott and Gary together.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: