www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paperdoll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Washington Post Reply with quote

In the I Saw Chandra thread a poster suggest that the person who claims the sighting contact the Washington Post. Just getting back into this case, 'm not sure whether the Post has done a recent investigative piece or has a team assigned and will check that out. I'm currently reading Murder on the Horse Trail and the book does an excellent job of pointing out inconsistent statements that could be resolved with Freedom of Information requests to police files. However, the D.C. police are going to claim ongoing investigation to deny. This is where the Post has more clout than you or I. Given the length of time, since the disappearance, there's negotiating room here before both parties head off to court for a judge to rule....the length of time since the disappearance/murder plays in the Post's favor depending on the judge. Is this thread worthwhile to point out questions that could be resolved with FOI requests? The Post is not in the business of solving murders but they are in the business of reporting and a new investigative piece on this case would sell newspapers.
Examples of what I'm thinking: i.e. how many cell calls from which cell phones to Condit's line in the last days?
--What was really packed? what was not? (Personally, this is driving me crazy because it could be so enlightening as R.D. suspects, maybe what was packed was what she brought back from Condit's...given that his other girlfriends stayed there, why wouldn't she have?)
Also, Condit is no longer in Congress.....people involved in the case might be more forthcoming these days.
I'm assuming here the Levy's still want this case solved. What is their position these days?
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely excellent questions, paperdoll. We could come up with a list of questions here from the book the police and reporters could answer to shed light on what happened to Chandra.

Thanks for the feedback for Murder on a Horse Trail!

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: