www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another headless, limbless woman disappearance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Yet another headless, limbless woman disappearance Reply with quote

Some man butchered a woman to make her difficult to identify. The good news is they left a trail of blood somewhere. Trails of blood convict people. They think they are outsmarting the police, taking advantage of the presumption of evidence in America and proof beyond a reasonable doubt of murder.

They keep trying to remove all evidence when they make a woman disappear, and they keep getting better at it. No evidence means getting away with murder.

rd

from www.cnn.com (fair use)

Missouri police seek identity of torso
Investigators baffled nobody filed report of missing woman
Associated Press
July 30, 2004

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) -- It's been a month since a state crew found a woman's headless, limbless torso in brush near a freeway rest area, and authorities are beginning to get frustrated by the lack of answers.

Although investigators have devoted hundreds of hours to the case, the woman's identity has eluded them -- something that anguishes Warren County Sheriff Mike Baker.

Baker is frustrated that no one has told authorities they're missing a mother, daughter, sister or wife. If investigators can determine the victim's identity, he says, they'll have a starting point for finding her killer.

"Whoever did this -- by removing the head, arms and legs -- did it for the obvious reason of concealing her identity," Baker said Thursday. "Most homicides don't go to these extremes."

The torso, clad only in a black bra, was found June 28 near Wright City, about 50 miles west of St. Louis.

Authorities have said the torso belonged to a white woman about 20 years old, and had surgical scars from an appendectomy and possible Caesarean section. The remains hadn't been there long, perhaps a day or two. The killing, investigators suspect, probably took place elsewhere.

Investigators have declined to discuss the autopsy's findings, though Baker acknowledged this week that DNA from someone else was found on the victim. "At this point, we can't positively say it's the suspect's," the sheriff said.

Baker and the other investigators have compiled a list of about 900 of the nation's missing women who match the general description of the victim in age, race and body type. They have managed to winnow the list to about 100.

Maj. Robert Lowery, head of the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis, will attend the six-day International Homicide Investigators Association Symposium that starts Sunday in Clearwater, Florida.

There, Lowery hopes to swap notes with colleagues and discuss "what we're dealing with in hopes other investigators can come up with something we haven't."

Although Baker said he would be saddened to tell someone the woman's remains belonged to their loved one, he is determined to identify the woman.

"I'm a father and grandfather, and the thought of something happening to one of my kids or grandkids would devastate me," he said. "But I would also want to give them a Christian burial. I'd certainly want closure."

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing my least favorite thing looking at a map on mapquest, wow, it has been two hours and I'm besides myself. Anyway, there are a number of possibilities, like the proximity to the state boarder of a number of states, this poor woman could have come from anywhere.

Checked out missing people in Missouri, and murders, came across an interesting case of three women missing from Springfield, two teenagers and one of the teenagers mothers, this happened June 1992. Keys purse and the clothes they were wearing that day were all in the house, along with the family dog, nothing distrubed??!!!

Anyway whomever murdered this young woman and who did not want her identified is likely this woman could be traced back to the person. As she has been missing a month, and has a cesarican section and an appendectomy, she should be not all that difficult to locate.

My guess is that the person lives not near where the body was dumped, but somewhere else, she likely was dumped there for a diverson.

Just noticed that their is an Amber alert for a missing woman in OHIO.

kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: