www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ wrote:
Nan wrote:
And Jennifer is still out there under all that trash.

Nan, that assumption is likely the reason that the Sheriff's Dept. has quit investigating Jennifer's case, coupled with a massive amount of incompetence and political game-playing. One would think that after about a year and a half of investigating RR, if there were any ties between RR and Jen, they would have been found, as well as any other missing women cases who fit his m.o. in areas he was known to have been.

This is assuming, of course, that the investigation is still being carried out by the Texas Rangers and/or FBI who got involved while looking for Joanna.

So you think they have nothing on him in Jennifer's case? Nothing at all? Are the FBI and Rangers still on this, or have they filed it away in a bottom drawer to devote manpower to cases where they have a chance? Or is it that they don't see a need to go on and "waste" resources?

I can see there being no obvious ties - if he chatted her up in person at her work and not via the net or cell phone. Perhaps one of his brain cells was actually working. Perhaps she had a stupid moment and got in his truck with him voluntarily.

But he's pretty stupid, in some ways, it seems. He makes mistakes. Or, rather, he started making mistakes when he got to Summer. Perhaps he got lazy, thinking it was so easy. Nobody would ever know. My gut still says he did it more than twice.

I feel badly for those in LE there who I know really give a damn, and who tried. And who keep trying. They're good men who have to put up with that grandstanding, sorry....

You know where that is going.
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that the mistakes he made were any different or worse for Summer than the others. If the suitcase had been covered over without being seen, would there have been any mistakes?

He was seen by other prostitutes from a distance, but seen well enough to find him and id him? Sure, once the suitcase was id'ed to Wal-Mart and he's caught on tape buying it, then easy enough to id him in a lineup, but finding the suitcase is the only difference.

And that wasn't a mistake, that was luck. Just ask Joanna, if we could.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan wrote:

So you think they have nothing on him in Jennifer's case? Nothing at all? Are the FBI and Rangers still on this, or have they filed it away in a bottom drawer to devote manpower to cases where they have a chance? Or is it that they don't see a need to go on and "waste" resources?

From what I can find out, they have found no links between Jen and RR, or with anyone else connected to the other cases. Of course, a good investigative agency would continue to look for links, but due to the political situation in the sheriff's office, I wouldn't bet money that anyone is still looking for them, either. My understanding is that the FBI involvement was due to a previous investigator's connections, but doubt that they are still involved since Joanna's case was resolved. I don't know the criteria of the Rangers for involvement, so one can only hope they are still helping. After nearly three years, I suspect it is now a cold case, and not a high priority for manpower allocation.

My first hunch on learning of RR's involvement in Jo's case was that you were right, he is a serial killer. I've come to believe that if he had not been caught in Summer's case, he would have continued and gotten worse, but think that after this length of time, they would have found evidence of it through their investigation. Maybe they have, and are just keeping the information to themselves, though it is unlikely they could (or would) keep that quiet.
TJ

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
I don't know that the mistakes he made were any different or worse for Summer than the others. If the suitcase had been covered over without being seen, would there have been any mistakes?

He was seen by other prostitutes from a distance, but seen well enough to find him and id him? Sure, once the suitcase was id'ed to Wal-Mart and he's caught on tape buying it, then easy enough to id him in a lineup, but finding the suitcase is the only difference.

rd

Finding the suitcase did make their job easier, but was there not enough evidence left in the room to indicate foul play had occurred? Did, or would, the hotel staff not have reported that, or would they have just cleaned it up and rented it again? I know they only found evidence after they looked for it, but don't remember how long after the murder it was before they found Summer's body and began looking at the room.
Nan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ wrote:
rd wrote:

rd

Finding the suitcase did make their job easier, but was there not enough evidence left in the room to indicate foul play had occurred? Did, or would, the hotel staff not have reported that, or would they have just cleaned it up and rented it again? I know they only found evidence after they looked for it, but don't remember how long after the murder it was before they found Summer's body and began looking at the room.

I think it was relatively quickly (a matter of days), but I'd bet the room had been cleaned and rented again before then. A buck is a buck, after all, and they might not have realized a murder had taken place. He worked in hotels in the area, so he'd have known what to do to clean it up enough to not set off alarms. Who knows?

What I have to wonder is how nobody heard that happen, in a hotel? Unless they were in a room without guests on either side or above or below. Then again, maybe it's a better quality hotel than I'm used to using when I travel. The places I stay you can hear a zipper being undone in the next room, and more than you ever want to hear of bathroom noises.

Mistakes. I'm thinking that buying on a debit card, buying at a Walmart instead of somewhere without cameras (but there is no place in Lubbock open at 3am that would do), were mistakes. I'm also thinking that shows it wasn't premeditated or he could have gone to a second-hand shop or a thrift store and gotten one ahead of time, with cash, leaving no trail. He didn't get his way and he snapped, and she paid. I'm willing to bet he's always had rage issues.

Question is, how many? I've heard his high school girlfriend went to Lubbock while he was up there, but left after a bit and turned up dead. Interesting coincidence, isnt' it?

From what I'd heard (and forgive me, please, my memory is getting really foggy), the people who saw RR with Summer could positively ID him, it was a close contact from a matter of a dozen or two feet away.

His first attorney also turned over Summer's knife to LE when they went looking for RR. RR claimed it was self-defense at that time. So, he might have made the claim and turned over the knife even without the suitcase, if they'd had to go after him to interview him and convinced him they had him with what they did know. Who knows?

Hopefully, even without the debit card they've still got enough. I guess we just have to wait. Heard the trial is probably going to be early fall?

Somebody needs to get her the hell out of that trash pit. I thought they stopped tipping trash on the area where she'd most likely be if she was in there. Please don't tell me they gave up on that and started piling more on it again?

Too bad they pulled Parrott and put him in an administrative slot. He gave a damn, he really did. McAdoo's another good man. They need to let him do what he can do. Because he would. But politics is/are politics, and there are no winners here. None at all. Still, I just can't imagine them dropping this. How cold can they be?

Then again, it seems as if every time I look at the Lubbock media there's another missing/dead woman. I guess they're keeping busy.
TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wilkerson family has updated Jen's website.

http://www.findjenniferwilkerson.wagls.com/guestbook/updates.html

http://everythinglubbock.com/content/fulltext/?cid=1751
Nan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ wrote:
The Wilkerson family has updated Jen's website.

http://www.findjenniferwilkerson.wagls.com/guestbook/updates.html

http://everythinglubbock.com/content/fulltext/?cid=1751

It's very sad, because the person who did it certainly doesn't give a damn for what they are feeling and will never put themselves in their [the Wilkerson's] place....

We are not forgetting Jennifer. And won't.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we have not forgotten Jennifer Wilkenson, isn't the Anniversary date of her disappearance soon, or am I mixing up the date. We have no other choice than to believe that RR is telling the truth. It is possible that he harmed Jennifer. Someone took Jennifer from her house without leaving any evidence. Someone followed Jennifer from her boyfriends, or they lay in wait for her inside or outside her house. It is possible that one of her neighbours could have caused her to disappear. Or one of her boyfriends neighbours followed her home. One of her room mates friend's.. Jennifer simply vanished without a trace, and to date there are no new leads. This is a terrible situation for the family, no knowing anything about what happened to their beautiful daughter Jennifer.

Nan tell us what you know of RR's girlfriend ending up dead?

I can't believe the police made a bargin with the Devil, let us hope that Justice will be served and that RR will be doing life in prison with no hope for parole.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 13, 2004 Jennifer Wilkenson disppeared from her home. I just checked a news article a low riding black truck was seen in her neighbourhood the day before, the license may have been from out of state, and there were decals on the back of the truck's window.
Nan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jury selection for the Summer Baldwin trial is due to start Jan 23rd. Apparently RR turned down another deal.

I hope they hang him with a too-short rope and do the world a favor.
Nan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a change of venue to up by Amarillo. Couldn't seat a jury in Lubbock.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan, he's definitely trying to wangle some kind of not guilty due to mental incompetence thing.

And he has nothing better to do. I expect all sorts of bizarreness before it's all over.

We really mollycoddle these freaks. I'm not for lynchings but he should have been executed a long time ago.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial is to start the day after Easter, and the trial is supposed to take 3 to 5 days.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nan - thanks for the update. It's so sad that Joanna was taken away from her family and friends so early in her life. Let's hope the trial goes as well as possible and that her family isn't made to suffer any more than they already have.
Nan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.avalanchejournal.com/stories/032708/loc_262177842.shtml

defense and prosecution have both rested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: