www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan:

Happy to hear the governor came through with the money that will pay for the search for Joanna. Like you say it is difficult to know if finding Joanna would be a good thing. As her Mother said, she'd rather remember Joanna the way she was rather than think of her in a garbage dump.

Two other women are missing as of Friday....two cases get solved (allegedly) and two more women go missing. The citizens of Lubbock must be feeling very uncomfortable at this point. It seems that these women likely went out for a walk, and if neither are experiencing problems with husbands or boyfriends then it seems that the person driving the car must of had a gun. I hope something turns up soon, it was described in the news video that they were seen getting into a car, there is no mention of how many people were in the car. I hope these women are all right, however, it seems unlikely that they will walk away safely if they have been abducted?!
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that the citizens of Lubbock are even paying attention, to tell you the truth, given how this seems to happen so often there and that there's no hue-and-cry over the crime rate. When I lived there they seemed to be very good at just not looking at it and pretending everything was just fine.

Whatever.

The two latest missing women were both employees of the Lubbock State School, a residential facility for the mentally retarded. If memory serves, the LSS is north of town on University Avenue, very near a Texas Instruments plant (if it's still there). As I understand it, they both went to lunch together in the same car and never came back. Both are middle-aged women (50s), and at least one of them is married with a large number of children (something like 6 or 8, don't remember).

They probably got carjacked or stopped to help someone who needed a lift or something, and then who knows? I hope they turn up safe somewhere, but I'm thinking they'll find the car first.

On the landfill search - I've heard everything from they could be starting tomorrow to it will be started by the end of August. "A few days" seems to be the prevalent rumor.

I'm hoping that it's not the guy who got Joanna, Jennifer, and the other missing women in the area - that he hasn't been laying low and is now resurfacing to pick off any women at all, rather than just the young ones. I don't want to believe Joanna is dead and that Rosendo did it, though it's certainly looking like that. But I want to believe even less that they've still got a serial killer loose out there.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan:

Praying for Joanna and her family, and not sure how I would like to see this turn out either. Glad the money has been allocated to search the dump though, but saddened by what they may find.

It is hard to believe that the people in Lubbock are not paying attention to a serial killer being on the loose. (if, though is sure seems there is one!!) The crime rate is very high for women in the area and people should wake up.

Prayers for Joanna and Jenn.

Always Goz
TJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peripeteia wrote:
Nan:

It seems that these women likely went out for a walk, and if neither are experiencing problems with husbands or boyfriends then it seems that the person driving the car must of had a gun. I hope something turns up soon, it was described in the news video that they were seen getting into a car, there is no mention of how many people were in the car.

Latest tv report, Saturday night, states that witnesses saw them enter the car with a middle age man, apparently willingly.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that's the scenario I would expect, I also expect one or both would know the man well and possibly something said or written by someone that indicated who he was and what they were meeting him for.

Without that, then I expect one or both knew him but didn't know he was waiting for them, which is probably the case.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD, something that bothers me is that all coworkers agree that it was highly unusual for either to leave the campus for lunch. I find it hard then, to believe that no one else knew they were leaving and where.

Then again, I know how reticent Lubbock LE is about giving information, so it is possible they did, and that just hasn't been told yet.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8/10/06
Two Lubbock Women Are Missing

Source: LPD

Two Lubbock women are missing. They left for a lunch break Wednesday and never returned.

51-year old Louetta Kay Harrelson and 61-year-old Peggy Merimon are employees at the Lubbock State School. That's where both women left their belongings, their purses and keys.

Louetta Kay Harrelson is 5-feet 7-inches tall, about 135 pounds. She has blondish gray hair. She was last seen wearing a white blouse and blue jeans.

Peggy Merimon is 5-feet 6-inches tall, about 150 pounds. She has dark hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a white collared shirt, with pink bow and black pants.

If you know anything about their whereabouts, please call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

IT hardly seems like these women were going to lunch, as they left their purses behind. Then of course that male driving the car might have offered to take them to lunch, but still it is odd that two middle aged women did not take their purses...refresh lip stick, powder up, kleenex, brush....If they were meeting someone just to chat or whatever, I cannot see them leaving their purses behind....the only scenario that I can see is going for a walk. They must of gotten into the vehicle near where they worked, as obviously they were recognized. Puzzling that they went without their purses...very strange.

Also, if either of their boyfriends/husbands came along, why would the woman who's boyfriend it was not, get into the car, this seems very odd.

From what little information there is available, it would seem that the most likely scenario is that a male stopped and pointed a gun, and told them to get in...even then why get in, as it is pretty difficult to shoot two people if the perp is sitting in the car...

No information has been given on the model/ colour or make of the car. Perhaps the police are witholding this information.

Thanks TJ for the information..
TJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peripeteia wrote:

No information has been given on the model/ colour or make of the car. Perhaps the police are witholding this information.

All they've said was that it is an older model sedan, gray or silver with lots of rust spots.
TJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the tv news tonight, the search of the landfill will start next week, and could last up to 30 days.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ:

Thanks for the information re: model and colour of the car....one would suspect that if the man was seen driving the car, that he saw that others observed, and one would think that if he was known to the women that the car would be identifiable by friends of family of the missing women...one would then suspect that the car would be ditched!

Happy to hear that the search is likely to begin soon....what a task...not to mention that it is likely dangerous re: getting septicemia digging or searching through tons of old garbage, there is likely methane gas present, and contaminated medical disposals at the site, i.e. medical needles.... what a yukky, yukky horrific task which lies ahead of the searchers.... God Speed to those who will be searching the site!
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peri

They pulled a car out of one of the local lakes, but it didn't match the description of the one they were seen in. The other woman's family, who had not spoken to the press at all, came out yesterday. Her husband said he did not recognize the man in the drawing, with or without a beard. He is very worried, as she has to take blood pressure medicince every day, and as far as anyone knows does not have it with her. That, to me, removes any doubts some may have that they left voluntarily.

As far as the landfill search: The Sheriff's Dept. says they have 30 men, with the necessary safety equipment and clothing, to do the search. Fortunately, the temp has dropped down in the 90's, though an unusual amount of rain could create difficulties.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8/10/06
Source: LPD

Two Lubbock women are missing. They left for a lunch break Wednesday and never returned.

51-year old Louetta Kay Harrelson and 61-year-old Peggy Merimon are employees at the Lubbock State School. That's where both women left their belongings, their purses and keys.

Louetta Kay Harrelson is 5-feet 7-inches tall, about 135 pounds. She has blondish gray hair. She was last seen wearing a white blouse and blue jeans.

Peggy Merimon is 5-feet 6-inches tall, about 150 pounds. She has dark hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a white collared shirt, with pink bow and black pants.

If you know anything about their whereabouts, please call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

end quote

TJ:

Thanks again for the update, digging through garbage of that magnitude in such heat, in my estimation deserves a medal. I'd no idea that you got any appreciable amount of rain in Texas, surprizing to hear this, well at least this will make it cooler, and they have to wear protective gear anyway.

TJ, the thing that stikes me very odd from looking at the pictures of these women, they both give the appearance that neither would leave home or go anywhere without a purse. I myself don't carry one, both women do look as if they carry purses, most women do not vary from this habit unless they were going out for a walk, then I can imagine this, but for no other reason, unless they had ordered out for lunch and came out with a designated amount of money. Phone records both personal if they had cell phones or at their work might indicate if the meeting had been prearranged, such as take out, or if they were trying to purchase something say from a newspaper or going to see an apartment for one of their children, or something to this affect, but if they were running an errant, they would not likely get in a car with someone else, but take their own car, or call a cab.

The look of both women, well put together, ready likely for retirement, both had children, they strike me that they are shrewd women, discerning, and not frivilous...it seems so unlikely that they would hop in a car with someone that they did not know, unless a gun was pointed at them...very strange!

One good thing is that the car would be readily identifiable, well more easy than say a white honda accord, or a black chevy model. Older models particularily ones with rust kind of stand out. I was under the impression that cars in Texas do not rust, well not like out here on the east coast with salt on the streets in the winter and an enormous amount of rain in all seasons including winter. If the rust level is low, this sort of implies that the person might have come from elsewhere....you certainly would not have salt on your streets, n'est pas? Sorry if my ignorance of weather conditions in Texas is showing...

God Speed their return...
TJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peri,

We have been in the midst of a dry spell, which broke just in time to screw up the chile and cotton crops. We don't get rain all that often, and ususally when we do, it is too much at a time. May, and again in August is when we get most of our rain.

According to the family, something as surprising as the two ladies going to lunch off campus is that they went together. Apparently they were not all that close, as far as anyone knows. Witnesses indicate they got into the car willingly.

It just gets stranger and stranger.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that one woman was asked to go outside to meet someone she knew and didn't trust to go alone, apparently for good reason, so she asked a co-worker to go out with her.

That's why they left their purses inside. They weren't really going anywhere, just one going out to talk to someone about something important, obviously a personal relationship problem situation, and the other lending moral support.

And subsequently, her life.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
My guess is that one woman was asked to go outside to meet someone she knew and didn't trust to go alone, apparently for good reason, so she asked a co-worker to go out with her.

That's why they left their purses inside. They weren't really going anywhere, just one going out to talk to someone about something important, obviously a personal relationship problem situation, and the other lending moral support.

And subsequently, her life.

rd

You are likely correct rd, however as TJ has pointed out they did not know one another very well, or associate with one another very much, and I find it unlikely that anyone would become emeshed in someone's personal problems that they were not close to, and even then it would be unusual so it seems.

I'd for one would have nothing to do with such a venture, which leads me to believe it was work related...I'd personally would have to have a gun pointed at my head, never mind from a car, I'd take my chances and run, cause to get into the car one would likely be a dead duck anyway...doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is that it was work related, if these ladies were not friendly with one another...

We shall see...

Thanks for the information TJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 29 of 42

Jump to: