www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad for her family. But at least they know, now.
TJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=4614578

A new search for Jen is underway.
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether to say that I hope they find her there, or that I hope they don't find her there.

Thoughts are with the family.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't add up for me. Tip to police awhile back specifying Jennifer Wilkerson on this property and the police give a 30 day eviction notice before they can search.

I would categorize this as someone trying to make trouble for someone, probably for the guy that got evicted.

I don't believe these kind of murderers have collaborators, for just this reason. 30 day eviction notice? Apparently didn't warrant a warrant.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ and/or Nan:

Anything on the search of the property regarding Jennifer? I wonder how the police got this tip to search this property. Odd that they would wait until someone was evicted. Humm. Do the police need the permission of a leasee in order to search someone's property? I ask as we do not have the same laws of privledge or privacy as Americans.....I do not think as a tennant that we could refuse to have a property searched, one's house, all one would need is 24 hours notice from a landlord and of course a warrant.

This is so tragic, all the resources that the police have yet they have not come up with anything concrete about Jennifer and Joanna, how tragic for the family and friends of these young women? Oh St. Anthony come around these women are lost and can't be found, please help us look all around!!!
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it's grandstanding by the sheriff. He is an elected official, after all. Wants people to think he's actually able to do something, so he went through the motions with a lot of publicity insured. What I hear is that they've got diddly to go on, and found even less. The Dallas Search and Rescue people were shut out, I hear, entirely on this one.

In case you have Joanna's site bookmarked, I've had to move it to Geocities due to the current ISP having a bunch of complete morons ("But we don't have web space for our customers.") when I tried to get a corrupted web directory fixed on their server. Going to http://bringjohome.info will take you to the current site. Unfortunately, there's not much to put there. But it's far from abandoned.

I'm still trying to get morons, inc., to delete the old page. Which is kind of tough, since they don't think it exists. Gave up on having them put a referrer in on it.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new site is working good, Nan. Lots of info on the Updates page, too.

I had to move this site to a new ISP a couple of years ago for the same reason. Dealing with morons doesn't make it any easier. Glad you're up and running at your new location.

That was my take on that search, too. Let's hope something more substantive happens for the families soon.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peripeteia wrote:
TJ and/or Nan:

Anything on the search of the property regarding Jennifer? I wonder how the police got this tip to search this property.

My sources tell me that it was a tip from about a year ago, that had been investigated and eliminated as serious. Apparently someone on the department alerted the media, so Nan is correct that it was pure publicity stunt. I have no idea why one news outlet headlined it as a search for clues in 2 year old murder mystery - better ratings, I suppose, but that type of thing must be hard on the family.

If it had been a serious lead, they could have gotten a search warrant, but in the US, you must have probable cause before searching private property. It appears the investigators may have been more interested in a drug investigation than in searching for anyone, and used that as an excuse.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TJ for the update, the story and lead did not seem to make any sense and the lack of the use of a search warrant.

Wishing so much that someone will come forward with information, someone knows, something out there!? Big Time!
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new that I know about.

At least no news isn't bad news.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updating us, Nan - even if it's just to say, "Nothing new."
Nan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanna will have been missing for two years on Thursday morning.
jane

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her family must be feeling so horrible. I wish this kind of thing never happened at all. Hope they find out what happened to their precious girl and who was responsible - very soon.
Nan

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news.
Nan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Maps Used To Find Missing Kids

Jason Lee Miller
Staff Writer
Published: 2006-05-31

A page that worth bookmarking is MissingKidsMap.com, a mashup that uses Google Maps API and information provided by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) to create a regularly updated map of the origins of missing children in the United States.

Photos are provided to the right of the map, enlarged by rolling over them. Clicking on the icon causes the markers expand to a conversation balloon listing where the child was last seen and who to call. In some instances, age progression photos are also provided.

The profiles include the child's name and circumstances of the child's disappearance, and a link to the NCMEC profile where a viewer can find additional information. State maps show missing children from each state and a national map shows all recently missing children.

The site was built by search engine marketing and web design company Ekamtech as a public service in hopes to aid searchers in finding these missing children, as well as a way to display the powerful features of mapping technology.

"We hope that by presenting the NCMEC information in this manner this site will contribute to enhancing awareness of missing children cases in the United States," writes the company on the homepage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 26 of 42

Jump to: