www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Nan. This is great, and saves me allot of time searching for articles.

I'm I to understand that she went out door without her shoes on? Does the family know if she changed her clothes? Would she have been in her night clothes.

A couple of things stand out, in that it was not likely an intruder or the dogs would have barked, same if a car came out side. A person known to the dogs could have slipped in the back gate knocked on the window. One thing for sure, if she went outside for a talk with someone it was only for a few minutes as she neglected to take her phone and money, so Joanna was likely not planning to go anywhere.

I feel very confident that Joanna is not far, she was taken by someone she knew. I feel that even if someone came in and napped Joanna, they would have had to have known where her bedroom was, and the outlay of the house, and also, the dogs didn't bark. So it seems very likely that whoever came to Joanna's house knew her. As far as Joanna going to meet someone, she would have taken some money, purse, phone, something, and seems like she had on no shoes, so this puts out pretty cold that she went to meet someone in a car, unless it is a real good friend, that you would get in the car with no shoes on, and likely in a pj's?

Nan, as much as I hate to say this, whoever abducted Joanna, must have known her, it is all the makes sense. The only other thing that seems possible is that someone on the internet might have gleaned her address and stood in wait of her, knocked on the window, unsuspecting of any harm that may have come to her from this person,Joanna stepped outside..... which says he had to be young and good looking, or known to her .....she stepped out to talk with him? He must have been a professional, to have not allowed Joanna to make a sound. It was reported that her curtains were open, this seems alittle odd, late at night home from work, need to change, very odd to have the curtains opened.

Seems as though she went and opened the curtains when someone knocked on the window, and then she left, out the back. Nan were the dogs in the parents bedroom with the door closed?

I do not get a sense that she is alive or dead, but I feel that she is very close to home. If it is a pervert, he is likely off the internet and lives in close proximity, or a pervert who lives in the area, older brother of one of her friends. It might be a pervert who hangs out at the sandwich shoppe. OR who used to hang out there that doesn't now? What stores are close to the sandwich shoppe where Joanna worked. Is there a used car dealer near there? Where did Joanna park her car, in front of the sandwich shoppe. Is seems like it would be easy to follow someone home in this area, for a half mile away you could likely see where they turned in
their driveway.

Have there been any other missing persons in the area? Is there a prison close by?

This is a nightmare for Joanna's family and friends, and it makes no sense why a young and happy woman should vanish off the face of the earth without a trace, and less sense that this is happening everywhere in North America.

Keep us posted Nan...
Nan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: More Reply with quote

Yeah, I've had nightmares that she's in someone's hidden sub-basement or something, a block away. Like in Silence of the Lambs.

I don't know about jammies or not - to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you, if my daughter had gone missing instead of Joanna, if any of my daughter's clothes were missing. She has so many pairs of identical jeans and t-shirts. If I saw them, I could identify them, but I couldn't say they were missing in her room, which resembles a thrift-shop run amok. Except her Army jacket - if that was gone, I'd know it was gone. I'm always tripping over it. I suspect it's the same in Jo's case.

There's nothing behind the bedroom window but a large back-yard [home of the family's big dogs], with a fence and trees, etc., and a short road leading to a church parking lot. I don't know that the curtains were wide open, it could have been just a bit. Enough to qualify as "open." No telling about when the curtains were opened - if Jo changed in the bathroom and wandered around in her bedroom, unless someone was specifically out there trying to look in, there'd be nobody to see her like that out there. If it were me, and if someone tapped on my window when I was a teen, I wouldn't bother opening the curtains, I'd have just shoved them aside and then let them fall back when I didn't need to see out any longer.

If someone did tap on her window, they pretty much had to know it was her window. As I mentioned previously, it's set pretty high up, so someone standing on the ground outside would have a tough time seeing in unless they were very, very tall.

No prisons close nearby, of which I am aware. There is one in the County, but nobody is/was missing. I haven't lived there in a number of years, so I can't say about stores. Town has been slowly encroaching out to where they live, and there may be a convenience store a few blocks away. I think I remember seeing that. Other than that, and "the Strip," I honestly couldn't tell you much about the shops, etc., there now. I was busy trying to remember how to get to their home after 8 years, last month, and not paying attention to much other than familiar landmarks. Jo's job wasn't very far from her home, I do know that much. It wouldn't have taken any real effort at all to follow her home.

There was another girl, also 16, who went missing at about the same time. But she turned up a few days later - had run away and was trying to go to California, where she had lived previously. She was the same size, height, weight, and had red hair. I understand (and this could be somewhat inaccurate) that tips came in for people thinking they were seeing Jo, when they were confusing her with this other young woman. Even after the other girl was back home. Their disappearances were literally days apart, but with very different outcomes, so far.

Hard to say about missing people in Lubbock - they don't seem to publicize the bad things that happen there. Long story, but let's say that I wouldn't be surprised if there were other women missing, but that the women were from the less well-off part of town or some such scenario. And so no big fuss was being made over them. No way for us to know, really.

Fingers are crossed, and hope is still there.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan:

The window being so high of course you would not have to close the drapes while you were changing, likely they stayed opened all the time.

I understand what you mean when you describe your daughter's room, my son is 17 and I guess that was a stupid question of me. However, it was mentioned in one of the articles that her shoes were still there, so guess this means that she went out in her bare or sock feet?

Well Nan I just get the feeling that she is very close to home, and that this was done by someone that is known to Joanna. I can see some weirdo following her home, however that the suspicion of the dogs was not aroused says that this person was known to her, and that no commotion was heard also implies that this person was known to Joanna.

I just cannot see that this abduction was random without arousing the suspicion of the dogs or the family. Does Joanna have any brother's or sister's?
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nan,

I noticed mention of you in one of the articles on Joanna. It seems as though she might have a sister, as there is a picture of a girl in her twenties with Mr. & Mrs Rogers. Anyway in the article attacked it states that the window was open and there were fresh tracks in the drive way? Quoted from America's Most Wanted.

FILE FOR
Joanna "Jo" Rogers

A Mysterious Disappearance

Joanna was very attached to her family.The Lubbock County Texas Sheriff's Department are on a massive search for Joanna Rogers who went missing from her home just outside the Lubbock city limits. Joanna, a junior at Lubbock High School, came home from her job at a sandwich shop about 12:20 a.m. on May 4th, 2004. She had a short conversation with her mother before going to bed.

Joanna Rogers Has Been Missing Since May 4th, 2004
By Morning Joanna Disappears

Volunteers searched high and low for Joanna, but have found no trace.By 7 a.m. the next morning there was no trace of Joanna Rogers. According to police the teenager's belongings -- debit card, car keys, shoes, clothes and cell phone -- were still in her room. Her parents reported her missing immediately. Her mother said Joanna was looking forward to participating in a dance recital that night. She has no history of running away from home.

There was no sign of forced entry and the family's two dogs did not alert the household to an intruder. However, police say they did notice Joanna's bedroom window was open and they found fresh tire tracks in the driveway the morning her parents reported her missing. The Sheriff's Department has no substantial leads at this time, but believe foul play is involved

Residents around town have been tying yellow ribbons to their doors to remember Joanna.The community has stuck by the Rogers family during this time of crisis. Hundreds of volunteers searched the neighborhood looking for some sign of Joanna. Yellow ribbons are hanging on many doors in Lubbock, while inside the residents pray for good news.

Last edited by peripeteia on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this, but I would be very surprised if the other girl tried to run away to California without her cell phone, her purse, or anything else. That to me is the difference in all these missing women cases that makes it a probable crime that should be dealt with as such from the beginning.

Really great info, Nan. I know anyone reading here about missing women cases will fell truly informed after reading your posts. Thanks.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again. No, Jo has an older brother, no sister. The woman in the photo with the Rogers' is their ex-daughter in law, with whom they are close. If you go to the updates page on bringjohome.info all the photos (almost) have captions saying who everybody is.

I saw the report on AMW website as well, several days ago9. It is, according to Mrs. Rogers, inaccurate. The Sheriff's officer did not examine the driveway - all they did was come out and take a written report of a missing person on the morning she disappeared. They didn't look around at all. And, according to the mom, it would have been almost impossible to get anything off that driveway anyway - it was rock-hard from lack of rain at the time. But, perhaps they came back later or something and looked at it when her mom didn't notice. The window was definitely not open when she went in to wake Joanna. Also, the police are not involved. The Sheriff's Office is the entity handling the investigation, since the Rogers' live in the county but not in the city (where the police WOULD handle it).

We've already sent word to AMW about the error, but have not heard back from them and note that the information is still listed incorrectly on their site. I'm wondering if anyone at AMW actually reads their email?

Yes, I agree. She wasn't planning to disappear. Whoever it was must have been at least a little bit known to her, or had to have surprised her and disabled her very quickly. None of the scenarios I can go through in my head are very pretty.

Nan
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nan:

Thanks for the corrections, and glad to hear that you've notified America's Most Wanted to change the information, the report of fresh tire tracks and
the open window are moot. Well this takes us back to very little information. Your right in thinking that whatever the scenario is of what happened to Joanna that night is not pretty to imagine. I'm wondering about the possibility of someone who may be known to Joanna's brother, someone in the neighbourhood. Nan I just can get my mind clear to think about anything but someone who is very near, it just can't get past this scenario.

It is possible that Joanna agreed to meet someone at a mutally agreed upon spot, say down the road a ways, someone who may have needed someone to talk to, one of her friends that was having trouble with their girlfriend, or someone who simply preyed upon Joanna. I will have a look at the web site and see if there is any other information to glean.
Nan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Lubbock, Jo, and missing women Reply with quote

There's another woman missing in Lubbock. Same height and general build, vanished. Sheriff has no leads. More is on Jo's update page. Good gods....
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan did you get my email? About what Joanna might have been wearing and if she had shoes on?

I will look at the other woman who is missing now! Lubbock is not all that big a place to have yet another woman missing!!!!!
Nan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Your message Reply with quote

Perip -

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I did. I've started a new job at work and the computer there isn't working, and have been exhausted by the time I get home (you know how it is learning a new job), so I did read your message but didn't manage to answer it (or any of the rest of my email). I will attempt to do so later this evening, privately.

Lubbock is about 180,000 people. The entire 16-country region there (about the size of the state of Indiana) only has about 300,000- 325,000 people in it. I've heard rumors that there are other women missing, but they are rumors only and I have seen nothing in print, nor have I any proof it's true.

It seems odd, doesn't it?

Nan
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there another girl missing or was that a rumor, Nan?

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: more on Lubbock Reply with quote

Hi RD.

No, there definitely is a young woman who went missing this week in Lubbock. Jo's mom thinks she lived not very far from where Jo's family lives. She and Jo's dad have been in San Antonio for several days and just got back, so hasn't had time to check that out yet. There's a link on bringjohome.info website's update page to a local news report about this latest young woman.

I did an internet search for several hours last night and found info on another girl who went missing in 1998 that I couldn't find any word of having returned.

I remember seeing on a local board from there a few days after Jo disappeared people talking about "the other women who have disappeared" and complaining that nobody had done much to find them. Am still trying to find out if that is factual or just some people complaining and moaning about the state of law enforcement there. I haven't found that board again yet.

I also found an entry on a board (wish I'd bookmarked it) that said back in 1981 they were averaging a rape a day and had 17 homicides before mid-June of that year. I was living there at the time, as a young woman, and there was absolutely nothing about any of that on the news or I'd have been out of there like a flash. I wonder if it's true? At least the news is reporting the missing now, when asked to do so. It's a very strange place.

Anyhow, the Rogers spoke to the Private Investigators at the convention in San Antonio and said they were well received. The guy they had examine Jo's computer for the second time (after law enforcement did and gave it back) sent them all sorts of printouts, which they are trying to wade through now. I would think that if there was anything on it, the FBI would have already run those leads. But I also think that law enforcement folks aren't telling the family much, until they are sure of something. IF they have anything at all.

It's all so sad.
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: more info Reply with quote

http://www.avalanchejournal.com/stories/071704/loc_0717040037.shtml

This is in todays online edition of the local Lubbock newspaper on the latest missing woman.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll create a thread for Jennifer Wilkerson if she doesn't turn up soon. This is another missing woman for sure.

rd

PS Apparently newspaper resizes smaller when it displays. The picture is from the online feed to Lubbock Online.

from Lubbock online.com
http://www.avalanchejournal.com (fair use)
Saturday, July 17, 2004

Sheriff's office searching for missing woman

The Lubbock County Sheriff's Office is searching for a 26-year-old woman, Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson, who was last seen Tuesday morning in the 2400 block of 118th St.

Her boyfriend told deputies that Wilkerson was driving home from that location and then to work at Nothin' Butt Smokes. Wilkerson made it home; however she did not report to work. She also never called her employer or picked up her last paycheck, the Sheriff's Office said.

Her father reported her missing Wednesday afternoon, after he failed to locate her.

When sheriff's deputies arrived at her home in South Lubbock County, they found Wilkerson's car and two sets of house and car keys hanging on a hook just inside the door.

Wilkerson

Her roommate was also contacted, but said that he had not seen or heard from her.

Wilkerson was last seen wearing a red halter top, denim capri pants and black flip flops, deputies said.

The Sheriff's Office said that she is a slim, white female, 5 feet 5 inches tall with short brown hair and blue eyes. She also has several tattoos: on her left shoulder, her stomach, her right wrist and right ankle.

Lt. Cody Scott with the criminal investigations division of the Sheriff's Office said that they have not classified Wilkerson's disappearance as an abduction, but that the department is concerned for her welfare.

Anyone with information should contact the Sheriff's Office at (806) 775-1601.

The Sheriff's Office is currently trying to contact friends and relatives of Wilkerson, Scott said.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan, in my humble opinion police don't have anything more than a suspicion, if that, therefore aren't saying anything, but I believe it is wrong and the public should force our law enforcement agencies to report to the family the status of a case.

This will only be accomplished by the public forcing their will upon law enforcement through legislation. They have their secrecy, and it does not serve the public at all. The citizens of this country have a right to know what they are or are not doing about unsolved crimes including that of Chandra Levy.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 2 of 42

Jump to: