www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: ohmygod. another one is gone Reply with quote

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=3290511
Nan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Update on Joanna Rogers' case Reply with quote

Joanna's been gone a year as of yesterday.

They finally got her Buddy list from AOL, including names and addresses of the people on it. There's over 100 names that they have to check out.

It took a year. (!?!?!?!?!)
Nan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Jo's parents to be on TV 5/6/05 Reply with quote

The Rogers will be on Fox news tomorrow morning (May 6th) at 10:45-ish Central time (11:45 eastern, 8:45 pacific).

Hopefully they'll get some good airtime and it will help.

I'm also hoping there'll be a story on foxnews.com
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year? We saw the same thing in Chandra's case. Months for the FBI to look at Chandra's computer, when it needed to be looked at immediately. Just really unbelievable.

I swear, I believe the only thing police can deal with is dead bodies. No body, they are lost.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: computers and news people Reply with quote

On the good side, the computer was taken and looked at almost immediately by law enforcement in the Jo Rogers case. The bad side is that, even with a supoena (which they got almost right away), it took AOL 10 ++++ TEN++++ months to cough up the names and addresses of the people on Jo's buddy list!!

The computer was looked at by several agencies in the first few months, then turned over to the family who had a private consultant try to strip data out so they could see if there was anything. As far as anyone knows, nothing was found. They had the buddy list almost immediately, but had to wait for AOL to cough up the addresses. They plan to visit every one, even the ones in New York. Too fripping bad it's a year late. : (

On the worse side, it's ratings week in Lubbock TVland, and one of the stations took the news that they were looking through her buddy list and made it into "Joanna Roger's Secret Life: Tune In at Six" and then insinuated that she'd been out carousing around at night with the 100 or so people on the list. Made her sound like a real slut.

The truth is that, a few years ago, she met a couple of older boys (when you're 14 almost everyone is older and there's a university in town) on the net and acually met them in town. Nothing came of it. She has been way too busy to be very active on the intenet and they have only a dialup access to AOL, so her mom knows exactly when she's been online or not, and AOL (I think it still does this) keeps track of the minutes you use each month so as to charge you for going over the set amount you get for your money. Any other dialup would have shown up on their phone bill, as they are pretty non-urban out there. And nothing did. Joanna is on the debate team, the dance team, is an honors student, was cramming for AP tests, and worked a part-time job. She didn't have time for a "secret life."

Christ on a pogo stick.

Anyway, so on the anniversary of Joanna's disappearance, poor Kathy and Joe Bill Rogers had to deal with a cub reporter trying to make her daughter out to be a bum in front of the whole community. They are, rightly, furious.

I'd like to find that young woman reporter and read her the riot act myself, but I don't think my dead ancestors would really like to hear me using that kind of language. Thankfully, she's 1400 miles away.
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the police were not held up by forensics as in Chandra's case? That's good. AOL could have provided the addresses immediately. They have been resisting providing names and addresses of subpoenaed information based on downloading music files.

One would have hoped that AOL would have responded differently for a missing person.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: megan's law, california database Reply with quote

Nan wrote:
http://www.ag.ca.gov/

The Megan's Law database can be gotten to from this link. For California, anyhow.

I looked for this database, and I must be doing something wrong. I did not find it, only talk about it. Where are the names and the addresses? I read somewhere there that for $10 two names will be given over the telephone, or something like that, but that requires having exact names.

benn
bodsangel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Joanna still missing Reply with quote

I was reading the messages concerning Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson. I live in the same city they are missing from. As of today there hasn't been any new clues in their disappearance. Although it seems that the cases are related there isn't any concrete evidence that a serial killer is on the lose. Jo's 18th birthday is coming up and we are all still hoping and praying that she will be brought home. God Bless them both where ever they are.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, bodsangel. I was hoping the one guy they arrested that was cruising around trying to kidnap girls in another city in that part of the state was the guy who did it. Never heard anything more though.

rd
bodsangel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,
So far there hasn't been any arrests or new clues on either case. I hope that they figure it out soon. The simialarities in the cases are really unnerving, and as for the girls leaving with a friend..... well I don't know any young ladies that go anywhere without thier cell phones, bank card and purse. I'm a mom of 2 and I carry at least 2 of those things even when I walk out to check the mail! Everyday that goes by with out a clue makes it harder to find them but God willing this test will soon be over with for everyone. It's sad that now you aren't even safe in your own home. Such as the case with little Jessica Lunsford in Flordia, who was taken and eventually killed and buried not 100 yrds away from her own home.
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: joanna update - or lack thereof Reply with quote

Hi guys.

No real movement on finding Joanna. Her mom was contacted by another psychic and told Jo might be out in Arizona, so they're putting out flyers in that area. Pretty much a long shot, but stranger things have turned out to have worked in the world....

Just did some updates to the webpage bringjohome.info and will continue to do so until Joanna is found, one way or the other. Mrs. Rogers has gotten Jo a little bit of national-level publicity, and fingers are crossed that a much better chunk of airtime will happen for Jo soon.

She's 18 years old now, and should be in college somewhere, going to football games and staying up too late at parties. This is just not right. Just not right.

Nan

Last edited by Nan on Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're so right, Nan. What a tremendous loss.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nan, Thank you for updating. I was not familiar with this case. God bless the family, and you.

I am hoping that one day this wonderful young girl Joanna is found and returned home. I have been crying since I read the website and your postings/and everyone else's. This is so sad. I'm just overwhelmed once again.

As I read this thread, this is so similiar to Jessica Lunsfords case and I will never forget that poor child. It sparked all the pain inside I have toward missing children again. I am praying that God sees his way in finding this wonderful precious child and bringing her home.

At 18, she should be starting college and enjoying her life.
Nan, what a beautiful young girl.

Posting the link again

http://members.cox.net/bringjohome/Joanna_Rogers_Info1.html

Quote:
Mrs. Rogers has gotten Jo a little bit of national-level publicity, and fingers are crossed that a much better chunk of airtime will happen for Jo soon.

So am I Nan, so am I. Wishing there was much more national publicity for this case.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was especially disturbing goz was to see Jennifer Wilkerson disappear in the meantime. To me that is a serial murderer at work, I don't care if it's politically incorrect to say that or not, women just don't disappear on their own.

My hope is that the guy reported lurking around and arrested for trying to lure a young girl into his truck is that serial murderer and he's off the street, but I never saw anything else posted on him after his arrest, nor do I know if he was an ex-felon that should have been having his locations tracked as I propose.

I certainly know he qualifies now.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, speaking of an ex-felon....one wonders, as the killings seemed to have abated.....except that woman who was missing by the lake....forget where in Texas, her white car was found by a lake or pond of some sort.......haven't heard anything else about her, should look up what is happening there...

Nan, it is very helpful that the Rogers get some media attention on Jo's disappearance. I still believe those who work with Jo know her killer, they just don't know they do. Jennifer Wilkinson, likely those people who worked with Her and near by...they too know the killer.

Nan, I think the police must go back to square zero and interview those who worked with and near Jo and Jennifer......

There are enough missing and murdered women in the area to think that most likely a serial killer is responsible and I agree rd, perhaps it is not politically correct, but perhaps if the the police warned of the perp, other people might be more forthcoming with information about weirdoes they know or see....or if someone may have been trying to hurt them or unreported assaults that so many women keep hidden. Very often there are persons who escape from a serial killer, and many of these assaults or near assaults go unreported.

I've written down a few thoughts I've had about the case over the past few days but I'll post this response first. Nan I hope something in this case breaks soon, it is heart wrenching for Jo's parents and for everyone and for Jennifer's family as well, this is tragic.... kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 8 of 42

Jump to: