www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion (1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can we do right now to pursue investigation of Condit? He's no longer in the House, right?
jane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He [Condit] requested to $10,000.00 back from the reward fund after she [Chandra] was found and he got it.

That's interesting, blondie - do you remember where you heard that?
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hope was that the grand jury would investigate if law enforcement wouldn't. They didn't.

Everyone seems satisfied that Condit is gone. That's good enough for them. No one much wants to talk about it except the public. So I wrote a book to let them know what happened and give them some real information to talk about.

Nothing will happen in DC until reporters start writing stories asking why fundamental questions remain unanswered. They won't write stories unless they sense the public asking these questions. I think this book has a chance of getting people talking about it again.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
He [Condit] requested to $10,000.00 back from the reward fund after she [Chandra] was found and he got it.

That's interesting, blondie - do you remember where you heard that?

He pledged it and expensed it against his campaign funds, that's on record, but in my opinion didn't actually deliver the $10,000 to anybody. It was just a pledge as far as I know. When people, businesses, organizations, etc. pledge rewards they don't usually pony up the money and give it to somebody when they make the pledge, do they?

If he did give it to somebody, it would have been the Sund-Carrington Foundation, right?

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense, rd.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, jane, but of course he ended up with the $10,000, I'm sure spent to try to win re-election. I'm still upset that all reporters talked about was his freaking re-election. That's all they cared about.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think there's anti-semitism involved with people not caring about Chandra and Monica? Esp. C's big and bushy jet black hair? Because the American Public, it seems to me, doesn't really give a d- about them.
benn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say we are beginning to live in a degraded society. Of course there is nothing to stop it from turning around.

Or should I say a selfish society?

benn
jane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think there's anti-semitism involved with people not caring about Chandra and Monica?

I haven't noticed too much anti-semetism in the reporting on either case - I've seen the odd anti-semantic rant on the Internet - but not many.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jane it would be subtle, even unspoken, due to "political correctness." People hold their tongues more now, but that doesn't mean they feel any different. Having thought about, I do think C and M's Jewish roots could be problematic concerning the amount Joe and Josie American care about them. rd, what do you think?
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie, Over the last 3 years of following Chandra's case, I have come across some anti-Chandra folk. One woman, while I was reading the Where's Chandra board at the library, broke out into uncontrolled laughter. I looked over, and she was reading my screen. Her comment was very negative about Chandra. I wondered, at the time- as now, where she got her information.

She claimed that she knew people "in the know" in DC, and that the true story was far from the published. Whatever that means. She wasn't kind toward Chandra in any respect.

Mostly, people just don't care. There is so much going on in the world today that people just don't seem to care much. Condit is out of the picture in DC and that has a lot to do with the case fading away, IMO.

Monica is just a laughing stock. I would take her to be Polish, with a name ending in "ski". It's only because I've read that she is Jewish (and lots more) that I am aware of it. No one much cares about Monica these days either despite the fact that Clinton is still in the news and on TV.

I've noticed that the Crime forums don't even mention Chandra much anymore.

I think most people have a short attention span? As I said, I don't think it's anti-anything, it's more that they don't care.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public is very interested in Chandra Levy and her disappearance. The press thinks that there's no news anymore because Condit is gone. They like politics, not murder. When a politician's mistress is murdered, they only care about how it affects the political establishment.

This case was in the news night and day for months in 2001, then again in 2002 when she was found. It was the lack of quality of the persistent coverage that was the problem, with so called reporters staked outside buildings waiting for a chance to chase someone if they came out the door.

They know not how to investigate and report. Most people didn't get the larger picture of the reporting done by the Washington Post and Modesto Bee, and once they get a chance to by reading Murder on a Horse Trail they find how Chandra's disappearance was handled very interesting and very troubling.

Quite frankly, most people I talk to thought the "senator" (which is what they usually call him) was put away for it because he was so obviously guilty to them. They are usually initially surprised then not so surprised that this Washington politician isn't behind bars. It is Washington, after all.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, absolutely DO NOT think there is anti-Jewish prejudice behind people not caring about Chandra. There is no new news, that's why.
admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved to top
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: