www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion (1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three of those men, nanci, must have been crazy, crazy to think that they could get away with it. Scott Peterson does not look too good today with Amber testifying.

The strange part of all of this is that society seems to be helping one of the men, Gary Condit, to completely escape responsibility for anything. That is the irresponsibility of those in charge of investigating him.

Those three young women that I mentioned somewhere yesterday here were going down the highway at 100 mph when the one car accident happened. That is trying to break Nature's laws, and we know that we can't break Nature's laws.

I just heard tv kovr13 reporter Gloria Gomez telling about Scott Peterson phoning Amber on the day that they were having a service for Laci, and Scott was saying that he was in France looking at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Gomez said that Scott was nowhere near the Eiffel tower.

It is strange that Stanislaus County could listen to Scott Peterson, understand him, and tell everyone what he said. The DC police could not understand Gary Condit and coiuld not tell anyone what he said. Gary Condit in Stanislaus County might be on trial right now, but in DC he is protected and safe.

Baloney.

Pardon my eiffel tower language.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Benn - that language is just too strong! Perhaps Luncheon Meat would be more appropriate! : )
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of Stanislaus County, we still haven't heard back from them concerning the book benn sent Brazelton or my email to Vistims Services.

They definitely want the world to forget their congressmen and their murdered intern.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respons to Mike Argento of the York Daily:

Hi Mike,

I posted your column at my site, www.justiceforchandra.com, where I post this kind of opinion from several in the press routinely upon every new missing woman case.

When a black IRS employee disappeared in DC a couple of years ago, it was given wide local coverage and had she not been found I believe would have been given similar coverage to Lori Hacking. You did point out a woman in your local area that had not been given anything more than local coverage and said she was "not white". From the surnames I took her to be possibly hispanic.

For that matter Laci Peterson and Lori Hacking appear to be hispanic to me. This white thing is a load of horse manure. Old? Well, true, it's not a real puzzle when those who have lost their mind due to Alzeimer's wander off. Poor? I and most people I know don't have a lot of sympathy for people into drugs and prostitution suffering some ill begotten fate.

In fact, your article fails to point out that the woman you complain of not getting coverage disappeared at the hands of her boyfriend, a drug dealer. Checking out that local news coverage you mention determines that, but you couldn't be bothered to deal with it. When you want to deal with real facts, read Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy and you'll see how far cute and white and that other nonsense goes compared to the real facts behind yet another woman disappearing.

Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kortnie wrote:

I love your book. It' excellent, and I've read A LOT of true crime books. I have a paperback "true crime" library, if anyone would like to come over and borrow some books, please do.

I read the first four chapters last night. It's true what Nanci said about not wanting to put it down. You are presenting the various pieces of this puzzle clearly, and there are A LOT of pieces. Condit was a real schmuck, wasn't he? His family must hate him now. Carolyn knows he described her all the time as an invalid. Gee, that's nice, isn't it? And the kids, Chad and Cadee, apparently had cush jobs w/the governor's office due, I'm assuming, to their father's connections. Now, that's all over - no more cush jobs. And Condit himself is unemployable, isn't he? So, is he working at a Burger King? He had himself a real house of cards going and eventually cards are going to fall, just as they did with Hacking.

Mrs. Levy did not know how prescient she was advising C not to become another Monica Lewinsky. These self-centered schmucks on Capital Hill chew up young, highly impressionable and inexperienced interns and spit them out.

Great! Someone reading the book and commenting. I believe jane said she was taking another look at it too. James said he was going to comment also, and nanci bless her heart has posted some great comments. benn and I have been waiting quite awhile to get a discussion going again. :)

Thanks so much for your first impression, Kortnie. I went from the heart to tell Chandra's story with I hope an investigative journalist view that brings the reader into the investigation and makes them part of it. I hope that feeling strengthens as you go along, Kortnie.

Personally, I don't much care about Condit losing his House seat and his kids losing their cushy political jobs and the family resorting to suing people in the sense that that doesn't address Chandra's murder. If the questions are answered and point toward someone else, then fine, but I've seen nothing that points away from Condit. Still, there are many unanswered questions and we need to see where the answers take us.

Looking forward to your next thoughts and comments from others here on reading Murder on a Horse Trail.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello rd, I just finished sending in a suggestion to my local library that they purchase a copy of Murder on a Horse Trail. I was going to phone someone at the library and ask how to do that, but the library has a form all made out for making suggestions.

They do ask for your library card number, so it is not possible to send out suggestions to just any library. The lines on the form were very short, so I put the name down as The Disappearance of Chandra Levy, so that part of the title would show on my suggestion.

The library has copies of the NE Chandra Levy book in many, maybe all, of its branches. At the present time most of the books are on the shelf.. Anyway the library lets anyone with a library card make a book suggestion, and they even ask you where you want to pick the book up.

I did not tell them I already have two copies of the book.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe Sacramento biought copies of the NE paperback. NE printed up 250,000 copies of it and in my opinion donated unsold copies to libraries to get rid of them in some type of tax writeoff. They claim to have sold 245,000 of them.

I would donate copies to libraries in that area and the Washington DC area if I had extra copies to donate.

I am hoping the paperback publisher looking at my book will decide to publish it and it will then be widely distributed, although it would be the smaller pulp paperback size, which is fine. This is a real romance detective that is almost as bizaree as any science fiction could be. This is a story people will want to pick up, and a paperback will let them do that. I'm waiting to hear from the paperback publisher and also a large publisher for hardcovers for bookstores. It would then be available to libraries to purchase as well. Libraries generally do not purchase online.

Thanks for suggesting to the library, benn.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I don't think I said that the Sacramento library bought the NE books. I don't know how the library got them. Maybe NE gave them to the library.

I am sorry that I can not help you in any way with your job and house problems. I think I posted on the board that I know a woman who has been out of work for a long time. Her unemployment ran out. She was going to temporary employment agencies though and the last I heard from her she had a temporary job for about four weeks. I think she works with Excel programs, in the accounts payable apartment.

One way to get a job is to know someone. Of course that is easier said than done. Where I live I know someone who has a daughter who is a vice president of an accounting firm that works for a Title company. They seem to be a fairly large company. I don't know what they do in the way of computing or accounting, but I could ask. That does not mean that there would be an affirmative answer, but it would not cost me anything to ask.

I had an uncle who was a mechanical engineer, but somehow the work did not agree with him, and he was bothered with ulcers. I think he owned a vacant lot, and his doctor suggested to him that he build a house for himself. My uncle did that, and he got into the building business. Eventually he got an architect license and also did his own real estate work. He was sort of a workaholic. He worked seven days a week. That may have ruined his health. He died before age 60 from cancer.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, benn. I am more hopeful today than I have been in quite awhile, which is not saying much. I've been interviewing for the last two days and this would be an ideal situation for both me and the employer, I believe. It is going well so far.

You cannot believe how specialized these computer jobs are. I had broad descriptions of what I have done and the recruiters wanted detailed products and tools listed that would glaze your eyes over looking at it. I rewrote per request and they presented it today. So far so good, benn.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it ridiculous that many employers today require that applicants have done identical work in the past to be considered for a job. Yet we're always hearing that people will need to make several career changes in their lives. According to Norm Matloff, this trend in IT is just an excuse to bring in foreign workers who will work for smaller salaries.

Link to Norm Matloff's writings:

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/wel.html
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I meant to say best of luck, rd!
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jane, and you're so right It's quite unbelievable. This particular job is a newer version of what I was doing so I bring some experience which is what they're looking for, so is good for me too because this is newest version of that technology. Win-win for everyone if it happens. We'll see, jane.

rd
Kortnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody! Well, since there is tumbleweed blowing around in the "Missing in Utah Monday" site, my usual spot, I decided that since I'm reading rd's book I will check out the MHT Discussion, so I did just a few minutes ago. And, lo and behold. There I am, and I didn't even know it. rd, thanks for putting in my comments about your book. I read more last night, and again did not want to put the book down. Sleep finally did win, but not because of the book. rd, I'm so impressed by all of your meticulous research. It is obvious you put your heart into this book. I find it hard to believe that a fancy-schmancy publishing house would not be interested in the book. It's interesting and it holds your interest. I say all of this realizing that a promising young woman had to die for this book to be written. But, that is the case. So, this book is an honor to her memory. I venture to say that Chandra is very grateful to you, rd. What about her parents?

Now, I have some questions. First, what is this "NE" you all keep referring to?

Second, I'm on p.90 and confused about something. At the top of the page: "Her purse, her wallet, her half-packed suitcases, her jewelry. I mean, just were not there." I thought that they WERE there. I thought that the deal was all she left her apt. with was basically nothing, and that looked suspicious???

An observation I have from these first 90 pages is that, considering the whole Monica debacle, I'm surprised that her mom and aunt were not more persistent that C divulge just who this congressman was and what the heck was going on. I mean, it's not like we were all still naive after Monica. It's obvious that C was very loved by her family; I feel sure that today they wish they'd done more. But, something about people is that they (irrationally) think a thing will never happen to them. For example, Mrs. Levy jokes to C about not becoming "another Monica," but, in fact, Chandra did, and EVEN WORSE: C is dead, while M lives (though she might wish she was dead, sometimes. Her life apres Bill hasn't been the best.

Well, hindsight is 20-20. If they didn't pressure C to divulge at that time, then they didn't. Quite naturally and normally, they did not know that evil was afoot. We have all had these experiences and then wracked with guilt later because we could not see an event that was forthcoming. It's irrational, but we blame ourselves just the same.

rd, despite all of your current problems (which will resolve themselves in time), by writing this book and getting it published by whomever, you have done a service to humanity. I'm not kidding --this is a valuable and important book. I think that it will become more well-known. Today I'm going to follow in Benn's footsteps and call my library, the East Baton Rouge Parish Public Library, where, yep Benn, I got a library card, and make them order it!!! Kortnie
benn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, Kortnie.

I read an article yesterday about missing persons and murders that said that if victim advocates, such as we are, see cases that are not being investigated enough, or properly, that we should make a big noise.

I did that last night with my US Senator Barbara Boxer. I wrote to her about my up to date thoughts on the Chandra Levy case, and that I was trying to made a big noise. It is getting around election time, hopefully Boxer will respond a little.

I talked to Boxer once in 1989. I was working at a theater under construction in Novato, California, as a security guard. The owner of the guard company and I had went next door to a service station that sold coffee and snacks. That was when Barbara Boxer entered the scene. She had got a piece of wire fence stuck on the bottom of her car, and she thought I was the service station attendant, so we went to look at her car. (The station there did not do any repairs.) When Boxer got on her portable phone to phone the AAA that is when I found out who she was. She was Congresswoman Boxer then.

My boss and I walked off and left her there.

benn

Last edited by benn on Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Kortnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Benn, why did you and your boss leave Barbara Boxer. Was she acting snooty or something?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: