www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder on a Horse Trail - Discussion (1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy by Ralph Daugherty has been assigned an ISBN number. It is 0-595-66433-4 for hardcover, 0-595-31847-9 for paperback, and 0-595-76658-7 for eBook.

It is on track to be ready for ordering by May 1, which was my goal. There is some delay on propagating the listing from www.iuniverse.com to its parent Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and other book buying sites, but should be able to be ordered by name and ISBN number from any book store or web site as soon as its ready around May 1.

I'll post updates as I get them.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD!

I'm looking forward to barging into the big Barnes and Noble on Broadway and 81st and ordering your book. I hope they can get it before I go down to DC. which will be later this week or early next week.

James
MrRich

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I write the foreward? :-)

-Rich
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! It's in production Rich so nothing else will be written for it but you're more than welcome to post it here occasionally for new members who may not get an entirely fair viewpoint without someone less biased like you around. :)

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approved the publisher proofs today, the book, paperback cover, and dust jacket for the hardcover book. Word is it will go live early next week, so it should definitely be able to be ordered before May 1 from Amazon and other book buying sites and from any bookstore, although the listings for the hardcover and paperback ISBN numbers will take some time to propagate to all listings everywhere.

The book cover is the same background as the green map background on our homepage at www.justiceforchandra.com, with the same darker green lettering over the light green and brown image. Should look attractive in a store display if it ends up being displayed in some stores.

At 25 chapters and 253 pages plus a well documented bibliography, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy covers Chandra's disappearance and murder thoroughly with some new reporting and insights from me but no new interviews with the principals or information from investigators.

This book doesn't solve Chandra's case, but it raises a lot of interesting questions that I hope will generate some new interviews and information from investigators, maybe for another writer to cover if we're lucky.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it, rd, I have been checking in at Barnes and Noble once in a while to see if your book is there yet.

I keep thinking we are up against a stone wall in trying to solve this case, but new ideas keep coming into my mind. You might even ask Mr. Rich about this one. It is good to have different viewpoints, for good, or for bad.

As my signature right now says for all intents and purposes Rep. Gary Condit was concealing information from his constituents. My question to myself is, if the voters in Condit's district had known sooner about the activities that Condit was concealing from them would they have voted him into office in the first place? At the very least they would probably have voted him out sooner.

That is step one. We are not going to get much information out of the former Congressman, but there are politicians that might be willing to talk, and those are the Republicans who ran against Condit during the years that he was in office. Those Republican contestants evidently did not know anything about Condit's concealed activities. If the Republicans had of known they would certainly have made that information available to the public, in order to try to win whatever election they were in.

If the Republicans did not know, then that means that Condit's secret activities were really secret. If a girl did not keep secrecy she was "kaput." I think that might be in Murder on a Horse Trail. Why was she kaput? Because if Condit's private life became known he would probably end up as he did, losing an election to remain in office. Pat Brown, a profiler whom I wrote to two or three times, said that everyone knew about Condit's activities, or many people knew. That can not be true, or he would have lost an election long before he did.

There is a lot of coverup here, or there has been a lot of coverup, people just don't want to get themselves involved, but maybe we can break some of that silence by going to Republicans and trying to get them to speak out. This is all about facts, not about opinions. Also politicians are not interested in everything that is going on, but they do have to think a little when, and if, we keep mentioning the voters. Voters are very important people.

Just my thoughts. This is a one step at a time investigation. If we keep going I think we will, or can, get there. Break the silence and a few people may start talking, like maybe even former staffers. cheers.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi benn, the book can be ordered from bookstores or online, but it won't be on display until it sells a thousand copies or so and then at least Barnes and Noble will stock it. Other bookstores will stock it if it sells enough also.

The order information is:

Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy by Ralph Daugherty with an ISBN number of 0-595-66433-4 for hardcover or 0-595-31847-9 for paperback.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you make a very good point, benn. While it is standard fair to respond that none of any of Condit's other mistresses were murdered, that we know of, neither did anyone know of them until Chandra disappeared.

The standard response does not deal with Condit being exposed, because he wasn't. The standard response is insufficient, as has been this entire investigation.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> The standard response does not deal with Condit being exposed, because he wasn't. The standard response is insufficient, as has been this entire investigation. <<<

I guess my mind is a little blank this morning, can you please rephrase that for me. Condit was not exposed? I am not debating, I just want to know a little more clearly what you wrote. I don't have the technical mind that you do, I am more of a one wrench does it all person. ...:)

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit wasn't exposed before Chandra disappeared, as you pointed out, but a common defense of Condit, the standard response, is that none of his other mistresses were found murdered. But nor did they expose him.

Chandra was clearly in a confrontation with him at the end concerning the lies he had told her. Could he have been afraid she would expose him? That makes Chandra's situation very different from his other mistresses who hadn't exposed him, and the standard response from Condit defenders insufficient, as has been this entire investigation.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't want to get into too technical of language. Condit was not publically exposed before Chandra disappeared, but Chandra had talked to her family about him, and I am not sure if Sven knew his name or not. I would think he did. I should know that, I just never thought about it too much.

So Chandra had planted the seeds, something that Condit may or may not have known. If he did not know that then he would think that if Chandra disappeared that would end any immediate problems he had.

No none of the mistresses that we know about were found murdered, but the seeds for exposure were there in each of them, any one of the young women could expose Condit at any time if they could get anyone to believe them.

Chandra's situation was different because she had talked to her family about Condit. I don't think that we have any evidence that any of the other women talked to their friends or family about him, when Chandra was alive. Anne Marie Smith, and all the others went public when Chandra died. There would have been no connection between Chandra and Condit if she had not talked before she disappeared. She would have just been a "good friend of his."

All of the girlfriends coming forward to talk to the FBI exposed Condit in another way. The girlfriends showed that Condit had been concealing part of his life from his Constituents. His career in Congress was over, something he should have seen would happen if he was ever discovered. If the voters had known sooner they very probably would have voted him out sooner, or never have voted him into office in the first place.

Pat Brown the profiler said that everyone had known, or many people had known, about Condit's girlfriend affairs, but that is not true. In Sacramento maybe he got away with it, but he could not have gotten away with a secret life in Washington if the Republicans had been alert. That may be the solution to exposing Condit more at the present time, to see if there are any Republicans who can add information about Condit.

If enough is found out then that may get Condit's former staff members to talking. The police may be right in waiting for a tip, but I would like to hasten the tip along, something the police probably will not do.

There is more information to be learned. How about Donna Crowder? She might have some information. I think I am probably over enthusiastic.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Crowder ran for Condit's congressional seat, but it does not look like she got any votes.

http://www.dcpoliticalreport.com/2002/CA02.htm

I don't know what political party she ran for, the WI party.

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still like to know where Randy Groves is. I wonder if he'd talk.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd - I just tries to order your book through Barnes and noble and also amazon. No luck. Then I called Barnes and Noble. Still no luck. Can it be ordered yet?
benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie, I had the same trouble that you did with the book, but it will be there soon no doubt. We will just enjoy it that much more when we get to read it.

blondie, What do we know about Randy Groves? I find him with google, but I don't know what to look for that he should be doing.

I also might contact Donna Crowder, but I don't know what to say to her either. I know she did run for Condit's congressional seat, but she did not get many, or any, votes.

benn
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: