www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington Post re:Chandra 5-1-04
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Washington Post re:Chandra 5-1-04 Reply with quote

I'll post the link

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57800-2004Apr30.html

I hope I did it right
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you did it right, blondie. Thanks for the link. I'm reading it now.

A lot of new information at the end from Allan Lengel and Petula Dvorak.

"As far as Gary Condit and Chandra Levy are concerned, that's history. People aren't interested in that anymore," said Lee Sturgill, 64, an active member of the Stanislaus County Republican Party.

Modesto Mayor Jim Ridenour added that Condit "kind of disappeared."

Levy's parents, Susan and Bob Levy, are planning a quiet remembrance for their daughter this weekend, friends said. In the months after their daughter vanished, the Levys were mainstays on network television shows. Now, said Susan Anthony, a spokeswoman for the Levy family's new attorney, Steve Mandell, the family is "certainly trying not to be in the limelight."

D.C. Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey said he spoke with Susan Levy two weeks ago when she called to get an update on the case. "She's obviously still grieving," the chief said.

end quote

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange picture, guys. The caption on the photo indicates it was taken yesterday. Who would be sitting around the spot with a cooler and a yellow garbage pail? Almost like a picnic.

Mr. Lengel and Ms. Dvorak have been working on the case since the beginning and must feel the same frustration as we do.

Today is the memorial day of the disappearance. It is also the evening of the White House Correspondents Dinner and of course it is May Day. The weather is good and there will be picnics and events in Rock Creek Park. There will be many people strolling the neighborhoods of Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan. There will be families and young singles and political groups out on the streets and in the park. There will also be homeless men and women; youth gangs; thugs and muggers; undercover cops and perhaps one person who knows something about the disappearance of Chandra Levy. Somewhere in Washington DC right now that person is thinking back to the first of May 2001. And perhaps he is thinking that the time has come to say something to someone- a priest, a reporter or maybe to an unaffiliated group of amateur sleuths on the internet. Will the witness please step forward !

James
jane

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Judge Peter K. Leisure was very thoughtful toward Condit in making his decision to allow the suit against Dunne to go forward on the brink of the anniversary of Chandra's disappearance - ensuring that search engines would be clogged with stories about Condit's 'victory' and mentions of his being 'not considered a suspect'.
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very considerate. indeed. James, I wish I could recognize that site. It is in the same woods, the trail is to the left, but I am wondering where they found a flat spot that large. I am thinking it is close to a picnic area from which they carried the chairs from a parking spot. Do you recognize that site?

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few flat spots up near the walking path. I'm trying to compare the trees in this picture with some of my own and the ones on the site. Someone must have hauled those chairs down from the parking area near the picnic spots.

It wouldn't be normal for reporters to add something to a scene like this. The chairs and picnic items must have been there when they came to take the picture.

So, who has been meeting there in the woods at this spot?

James
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good question. I certainly never saw anything like this when I was there.

photo from:
Deepening Mystery, Enduring Pain
Faded From News, Levy Case Still Difficult for Investigators, Family
By Allan Lengel and Petula Dvorak
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, May 1, 2004; Page B01

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked the Modesto Bee and the New York Post -

Not a word on the subject!

If the Enquirer/Globe/Star don't carry a story in the current issues then I think the story is on ice until someone is charged with the murder.

I haven't checked the Times yet and its possible some of these papers are holding the story for their Sunday editions. Will keep an eye out...

James
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Murder on a Horse Trail will revive it, James, otherwise I agree it would have kaput for coverage on Chandra.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit is such a huge part of the story, and everyone is walking on eggshells so they don't get sued. Not to diminish the death of Chandra, or any other bright young life snuffed out almost before it began, but there's not much of a story when you leave Condit out.
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he was certainly successful in intimidating nearly everyone from writing about him. I'm sure he and Lin Wood will scour Murder on a Horse Trail for a libelous statement, but they won't find one.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arose a little late this morning and I had received an email from someone who posts at Websleuths about the Washington Post Story. I was going to post it here, but everyone is up early here this morning.

I think that one thing that can be emphacized about ex Congressman Condit, and I don't see how he is going to counter it, is that he deceived his constituents all the time that he was in office, unless he can prove that he did not have any secret girlfriends during his first years in Congress. No one in his district knew about his secret life, and he did tell anyone about it, except a chosen few, Vince Flammini and maybe his staff chiefs in Modesto and Washington.

The Republicans did not know about his secret life, or they would have brought it out at election times. It was his secret life that caused him all his trouble. Chandra Levy was going to cause him to lose the next election, whether Chandra was alive, or dead. Chandra was talking to her family about him, and even accidently gave Linda Katz his name.

I just made a note in Murder on a Horse Trail this morning that I wondered if possibly that Chandra may have told Condit that she had talked to her aunt about him. That does not seem too likely, but if she asked Condit about Jennifer Thomas that would have started wheels turning in his head. Chandra told her mother that "he explained it all,...everything is all right." Chandra did not say that he said, "it is not true, that story is a lie." Condit did not tell Chandra the story was a lie, she said "he explained it all."

Condit's secret activities caused him to get into the predicament that he got into. No one caused his problems except his own secret activities. I don't see how he is going to be able to get up in court and contradict that.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another blurb from wjla.com:

Levy Case Still Troubles Investigators After Three Years
Saturday May 01, 2004 12:42pm
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0504/143744.html

Nothing in it worth mentioning. The police are still looking at Guandique, it says. I have a chapter on Guandique in Murder on a Horse Trail. That sanguine brush off of trotting out Guandique everytime reporters ask about Chandra won't work anymore after people read it.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Quandique shold sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did make it clear in the Guandique chapter that he is a malicious predator that should not be released without being electronically monitored, as should all sexual assault attackers. But after reading the chapter people will no longer buy the Washington police trotting him out as their excuse for an investigation.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: