www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

patrice endres kidnapped in georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: patrice endres kidnapped in georgia Reply with quote

Family of Missing Woman Speaks

Reported By: Jon Shirek
Web Editor: Manav Tanneeru
Last Modified: 4/20/2004 9:46:13 PM

The mother and sister of a woman missing since last week said they were holding fast to faith that she will make it home safely somehow.

Patrice Tamber Endres, a business owner and mother, disappeared from her hair salon just before noon on Thursday. Investigators believe possibly two men kidnapped her.

Charlotte Prahl, Endres’ mother, said she was grateful so many are reaching out to help.

“They don’t even know my daughter and they’re saying, ‘We’re here for her…let us know what we can do,’” she said. “A mother’s heart cannot get any bigger.”

“She was just so lucky to have so many around her that love her, people that don’t even know her are willing to help her,” she added.

Sheriff’s department and federal officials have put together a detailed timeline of Endres’ life on Thursday morning except for the 16 minutes before noon that they believe she was abducted.

A witness has given authorities a description of a man in a white cargo van seen outside the salon at the time Endres vanished.

“She observed a white van that was parked parallel to the front of the building, placing the passenger side of the van right up against the front door of the shop,” said Forsyth County Sheriff Ted Paxton. “As she passed, she looked over and made eye contact with the individual. He looked at her and she said that she continued to look over her shoulder as she drove by.”

Sheriff deputies want to question the man. He is described as a white man in his late 30s or early 40s, standing approximately six feet tall and weighing 180 pounds. He was driving a white passenger van.

Authorities Tuesday searched backroads and woods in north Georgia to rule out possible hide-outs.

“She’s very feisty and she’s a fighter and if anybody can survive, it’ll be her,” Kyleen Kramer, Endres’ sister.

“I know if she has any way of getting away where ever she’s at, she’s gonna be out,” her mother said.

Endres is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds. She has dark, shoulder-length hair with red highlights. She was last seen wearing a pink top with green pants and a jacket.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case, Paxton said. Anyone with information about the case should call 770-781-2222.

A fund has also been set up to benefit Endres’ son. Anyone interested in contributing should go to any Region’s Bank and ask for the fund in care of Bonnie Welchel.

A Web site has also been designed to aid in the search. It can be found at www.findpatriceendres.com
propria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witness IDs Suspect in Abduction

A witness on Saturday provided Forsyth County Sheriff deputies with a reliable description of a suspect in the apparant abduction of a Forsyth County mother and business woman.

The witness, who drove passed Patrice Tamber Endres' hair salon at approximately the same time deputies believe the 38-year-old hairdresser was abducted late Thursday, gave a description of the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle, a white van.

Investigators on Friday narrowed the time Endres disappeared from her business, Tambers Trim-N-Tan, to a window from 11:50 a.m. and 12 p.m. Thursday. The witness says she received a phone call soon after passing the suspect and the phone recorded the time as 11:54.

“She observed a white van that was parked parallel to the front of the building, placing the passenger side of the van right up against the front door of the shop,” said Forsyth County Sheriff Ted Paxton. “As she passed, she looked over and made eye contact with the individual. He looked at her and she said that she continued to look over her shoulder as she drove by.”

Sheriff deputies want to question the man. He is described as a white man in his late 30s or early 40s, standing approximately six feet tall and weighing 180 pounds. He was driving a white passenger van.

Deputies have created a sketch of the suspect based on the witness's description. Now, sheriff deputies are showing the suspect’s sketch to the Endres’ family and friends in the hope that they can identify the man.

"It may be somebody who directly or indirectly was familiar with Patrice and her scheduling and saw a brief window of opportunity in which to make their move," Paxton said.

On Friday, deputies and volunteers launched a massive air and ground search for Endres. Officials with the sheriff’s department printed fliers showing the victim’s photograph and description. Volunteers went door-to-door, handing out the fliers and sheriff’s deputies stopped drivers to pass them along.

Endres is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds. She has dark, shoulder-length hair with red highlights. She was last seen wearing a pink top with green pants and a jacket.

Anyone with information about the case should call 770-781-2222.

[both reports from wxia-tv in georgia]
benn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see some women trying out gps locators of one kind or another. There must not be many people using them percentagewise. I have not read of any person saved by a gps locator.

A sixteen year old teenager disappeared in my area last week. His brother had left him off to go hiking alone, maybe not too good an idea anyway. He has not been found yet. He may have fallen into the river.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when they kidnap a woman, benn, wouldn't they just take the gps locator off and throw it out the window?

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, well they might---but I have not read about any cases where a gps locator was thrown away. Off hand I don't remember any case where someone was located with a locator either.

The Wherify locator is the only one that I have read much about. They have a lockable wristwatch for children. Anything that deters or slows down a criminal, or potential criminal, might make him, or her, think twice about stealing that particular child. A child can alert authorities by pushing two buttons on the watch.

All right we are talking about a woman, and not a child. I don't know if they have a writstwatch for adults. If you have to unlock a wristwatch, or pry it off to kidnap someone that is a deterrent right from the start. The person being kidnapped has already sent a signal out, and the kidnapper is not going to be able to disable the wristwatch right away. I don't know how the gps cellphones are made.

But I don't know what the kidnapper usually does with the gps because I have not read about any in actual kidnappings. Suppose that guy that kidnapped the young girl at a carwash had suddenly realized that she was carrying a gps locator? Or some of the other adult women who were abducted and murdered had had a gps writstwatch on that would have had to be pried off, or cut off. I don't think we have any track record there.

To know a little more of what we are talking about I will paste in here part of a Wherify message from the Internet. I have tried to delete the commercial parts.

With the sixteen year old boy who disappeared in my area a locator would have shown where he last was, in the event that he fell into the river. I don't know if those things can work underwater.

>>>WHERIFY WIRELESS
WHERIFY GPS LOCATOR FOR KIDS
FACT SHEET
Product Name: Wherify GPS Locator for Kids
Company: Wherify Wireless, Redwood Shores, California
About Wherify’s GPS Personal Locator -
Wherify’s GPS Locator for Kids is unlike any location-based service available today. Through the
convergence of Global Positioning System (GPS) and digital wireless technologies – in combination with
Wherify’s patented technology – the miniaturized, lockable, wrist-worn locator offers a tested and proven
safety solution that gives parents peace of mind knowing they can locate their children, 24 hours a day,
seven days a week.
Parents, whether at work, home, or traveling, can use the Internet or any phone to quickly identify their
children’s location within feet, in about a minute. In the event of an emergency, either the child or parent
can request an emergency 911 response and local police will be dispatched. The GPS Locator for Kids can
also be locked on a child’s wrist for added safety.
Other Features: Numeric paging, breadcrumbing, remote locator unlocks, location history display,
temporary guardian setup, tamper sensor, date and time display.
Ideal Customer: Parents with children ages 4-12.<<<

I have yet to read of a failure, rd, or unfortunately a success either. I don't think the whole population needs them, but if a certain percentage of women, and others, wore them the predator would have to be extra cautious.

The cost of a locator might be a deterrent to buying one. There is the initial cost and then a monthly subscription fee, just like the Internet.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article that I found on locating things, with a slightly different twist. Sounds fairly inexpensive, and you can track your dog or cat also. This article is a little old, maybe more has happened since then.

>>> Posted on Mon, Jul. 21, 2003

Wozniak's latest project: GPS locator tags for everything

By Jon Fortt

Mercury News

Steve Wozniak, the guy who brought us the personal computer, has another idea.

His new company has created a wireless network that he says can help you find almost anything -- lost keys, lost dog, lost child. His Los Gatos company -- Wheels of Zeus (WOZ, get it?) -- has designed tags that you can attach to a child, a dog or just about anything. A handheld monitor uses global-positioning-system satellites to show where the tagged items are.

The genius behind the idea, called wOzNet, is in the use of a low-power, long-range wireless protocol that operates at about 1,200 baud. That's roughly a fifth the speed of a dial-up modem, but fast enough to send a quick burst of information about an object's location.

Wozniak co-founded Apple Computer nearly 30 years ago. He said this idea came to life in a Los Gatos coffeehouse about a year and a half ago as he was sharing ideas with friend Greg Galanos of Mobius Venture Capital. Galanos started jotting things down on the back of a napkin. Mobius was the first to invest in the company, putting up $6 million.

Wozniak said his team was trying to come up with a name that had a free Internet address, but most of their ideas were ``dorky.'' He already owned WOZ.com, so they came up with ``Wheels of Zeus.''

The company is still very small. Wozniak said he has 17 people, but Gina Clark, vice president of business development and marketing, jokes that he's counting some people three times. Aside from Wozniak and Clark, the executive team includes Rich Rifredi, chief operating officer, and Frank Canova, vice president of engineering.

Wozniak, who is known in Silicon Valley simply as ``Woz,'' didn't give many details; the first products based on the technology probably won't arrive for another year. But he did say the handheld monitor has a radio that can detect tagged items within a one- or two-mile radius. The range can be extended through the Internet, with other people's handheld monitors creating an extended blanket network.

On top of that, he said the company has figured out a way to get a radio and GPS together for $25 -- that's before the cost of a battery, screen and all the other parts it takes to make a mobile device.

Wozniak said security is built into wOzNet, so that other people can't track your things; though he said other people are free to track his four dogs, if they like.
Contact Jon Fortt at jfortt@mercurynews.com or (408) 278-3489.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, benn. Certainly as I've said all along anybody should have a device that signals their location and keeps transmitting if they hit an emergency button combination. Cell phones are in the process of being made to generate gps locations, and equipment must be purchased for 911 systems to read that location from cell phones along with the 911 call.

I think all women and children who want to wear a watch or have a cell phone that will dial 911 with a location should be proviided one, and that the 911 systems nationwide should be upgraded to get that location. It should be part of the Homeland Security nationwide infrastructure as these are the very same features needed to respond to 911 calls of all types.

I also think that nationwide infrastuctures for dealing with crime and terror need to be purchased centrally with our federal tax dollars and distributed to all counties. They would also be part of the system to monitor felon parollees and sex offenders that I advocate for in my book. Quite frankly, we're under assault from both domestic and foreign terrorists.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this back a few messages.

>>>A sixteen year old teenager disappeared in my area last week. His brother had left him off to go hiking alone, maybe not too good an idea anyway. He has not been found yet. He may have fallen into the river. <<<

Thank goodness he showed up alive and well today. He had went missing on purpose to go visit a friend in Sacramento. When he saw himself in the news he was afraid to tell anyone where he was.

I don't know what they are going to do with him. He cost the agencies doing the searching for him, in the river, etc., about $20,000.

benn
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Another woman missing Reply with quote

There is another woman missing in Georgia:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1119210/posts

The descriptions of these women sound the same 5'4" and 120-125 pounds with shoulder length brown hair, odd!! kate

Posted on 04/16/2004 7:17:02 PM PDT by vikingchick

Augusta (AP) -- Police are searching for a pregnant woman who may have been kidnapped during a burglary at her mother's house.

Twenty-nine-year-old Tamara Dunstan was last seen last night at her mother's Augusta home. Her vehicle was still at the house and her keys were inside the home when police arrived, authorities said.

Richmond County Sheriff's Major Ken Autry said Dunstan may have arrived at the house during the burglary. Autry said evidence of foul play had been found.

Dunstan's family has offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to her return and the arrest of those responsible.

Police don't believe Dunstan knew her abductor, Autry said.

Residents living in the area were asked to help find a dark-colored, newer model Ford Mustang with a University of South Carolina-Aiken plate on the front of the vehicle. The occupants were described as a white man and a black man, both in their mid-20s.

Dunstan is a 5-foot-4 white woman weighing 120 pounds. She has shoulder-length brown hair.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 24, 2004

Atlanta police are now looking for two missing women, who live in the same part of town. Beverly Simmons was last seen Friday morning about nine o'clock at her home on Bankhead Highway. Her family says she suffers from dementia.

Police are also hunting for Mattie Moore, who has alzheimer's. She wandered away from her home on Wednesday.

Police ask if you see either woman, you try to detain them, then call for help.

(Copyright 2004 by WGCL)

This may have nothing to do with the other two women missing however, people seem to be vanishing like flies in Georgia.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://augustachronicle.com/stories/041804/lat_bodyfound.shtml

Man charged with abducted woman's murder leads police to body

Tamara Dunstan found in shallow grave

Web posted Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 12:31 p.m.
Updated at 3:56 p.m.
By Preston Sparks | Staff Writer
Authorities say the man arrested today in the kidnapping and slaying of Tamara Dunstan admitted to the crime and led police to her body.

"One reason why we think he might be involved is because he told us and he took us to the body," said District Attorney Danny Craig, referring to Ronald Francis Burke Jr., 25, of the 3000 block of Wrightsboro Road.

Mr. Burke, who according to one of his relatives knew the Cundey family, was taken in for questioning Saturday and was later charged today with murder and kidnapping. Mr. Craig said Mr. Burke was located Saturday based on a lead police received concerning a suspicious truck that had been spotted in the area of Mrs. Dunstan's abduction Thursday at her mother's house on Kipling Drive.

Police have said that abduction occurred during a burglary at the house.

"We actually did get our information on Friday afternoon from several different people, which did lead to an initial traffic stop of Mr. Burke last night (Saturday night)," Mr. Craig said, adding that Mr. Burke was found in the truck that authorities were looking for.

The truck was described as a blue or teal late model pickup that may have been a Nissan with a missing tailgate that had been replaced by plywood. The person described in the truck was a white male in his mid-20s.

Edgefield County Sheriff Adel Dobey said Richmond County investigators and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were led by Mr. Burke to a shallow grave dug just a few feet off a dirt road on U.S. Forest Service land in an isolated portion of western Edgefield County.

The burial site was located at about 7:15 a.m. today about a quarter mile away from 124 Quail Run Road just south of the Colliers community. The house is one of two located in this isolated area just off Martintown Road, said Sheriff Dobey.

"It's a heavily wooded area," said Sheriff Dobey. "She was found in a shallow grave."

Mr. Craig said a decision should come sometime this week on whether the death penalty will be sought. That should come as soon as the jurisdiction of where the case will be tried is determined.

He said he also plans to meet with the U.S. attorney general in the next two days to discuss whether state and federal charges could stem from the case based on an unborn victims of violence act, which was passed by Congress and signed by President Bush earlier this month.

That act allows authorities to charge a suspect with a separate offense for harming or killing a child in the womb in addition to any charges relating to the mother.

"That certainly will figure into the discussion that I will have with the U.S. attorney general," he said.

Richmond County Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen said Mrs. Dunstan's body has been taken to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in Augusta and an autopsy is taking place now. He said there is no obvious cause of death.

Staff Writers Jeremy Craig, Dena Levitz, Jim Nesbitt and Amy Allyn Swann contributed to this report.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both women were abucted the same day, two other women go missing, and two bodies found. Very odd happenings. One wonders if somehow these happenings might be related. ? Although there is a person in custody for Tamara's death, ya have to wonder if not Patrice's disappearance is related? The description of the suspect in the latters disappearance is different, as is the car, although the fact that they occured on the same day is complelling, as well as the two missing older women. It will be interesting too to see if there is a connection of one of the missing bodies, re: a teen age woman????? Likely to have been in the ground more than a month?!~!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Bryan Jones of Oklahoma may be responsible for the death of Patrice Endres, the police are investigating this as I write....He is suspected in many other murders covering four states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: