www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

park avenue mystery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: park avenue mystery Reply with quote

PARK AVE. MYSTERY

By PHILIP MESSING

April 14, 2004 -- A Manhattan real-estate mogul is desperately searching for clues on the whereabouts of his wife, who disappeared without a trace Friday evening after leaving their Park Avenue apartment.
"I'm looking for any help from the public - anyone who has seen her or knows her whereabouts," said Fred Rudd, 49, owner of Rudd Realty Management Corp. "I just want her to be safe and happy."

His wife, Jean Ann Rudd, 45, may have failed to take her prescribed antidepressants and become confused, said her husband of 19 years. The couple have one child, a daughter, Erica, 18.

About 11 p.m. Friday, a doorman at the couple's apartment building at 920 Park Ave. saw Mrs. Rudd leaving the building wearing black pants and a black sweater, possibly heading uptown, Rudd said.

She left behind her cellphone and wallet - and hasn't been seen since, Rudd said.

Mrs. Rudd did not have any known appointment when she was last seen.

"She seems to have been slipping back into a depression and we're really, really worried about her," he said, describing his own feelings and those of his daughter.

"She was taking less medication than she was supposed to and I believe this may have caused this situation where she may have become disoriented or God knows what," Rudd said.

Rudd, whose company manages cooperatives, condominiums and rental buildings, said he spent the weekend at his family's Long Island home, in Remsenberg, where he met with contractors on a work-related matter. His daughter stayed with friends in Southampton, he said.

Father and daughter grew concerned when Mrs. Rudd had not made contact with either of them by Sunday morning, at which time her disappearance was reported to the NYPD.

Rudd described his wife as inveterate walker who would sometimes stroll from her Upper East Side residence to SoHo, so he plans to pepper the city with fliers bearing his wife's photo, along with a reminder of a reward for anyone providing information on her whereabouts.

He also said he is in the process of hiring a private investigator to assist the NYPD, which is handling the disappearance as a missing-person case and in the process of checking street video-security systems near the couple's apartment.

"The police don't know if she could have been abducted or if she is walking the street disoriented," Rudd said.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svetlana Aranova (see Doctor's Wife Missing in New York City) was found in the East River in a similar situation last year, and she wasn't even depressed. I don't have good feelings about a woman being out there somewhere disoriented for days. Doesn't seem likely.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No update in the last week that I saw. A conductor thinks he saw her take a train to New Rochelle.

rd

from www.journalnews.com (fair use)

Missing woman may have taken train to Westchester

By BILL HUGHES
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original publication: April 16, 2004)

A Manhattan woman missing since last Friday may have gotten off a Metro-North train in Pelham or New Rochelle on Tuesday, according to a conductor who told police he recognized the woman from photographs.

Jean Ann Rudd, 45, left the apartment she shares with her husband, Fred, at Park Avenue and East 80th Street last week and may have become disoriented after failing to take medication for depression. Fred Rudd owns a real estate management company in New York City.

The conductor reportedly told detectives a woman matching Rudd's description boarded the 10:37 a.m. train to New Haven at Grand Central Terminal on Tuesday and paid him with a $20 bill for a $9 fare. He believes she got off at New Rochelle 32 minutes later, but might have left the train at Pelham.

Rudd is 5 feet tall, weighs 100 pounds and has shoulder-length brown hair. She was last seen wearing black slacks and a black sweater. The family is offering a reward for information and asking anyone who might have seen Rudd to call the 19th Precinct detective squad of the New York Police Department at 212-452-0635.

Send e-mail to Bill Hughes whughesNOSPAM@thejournalnews.com
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to me to be a little too coincidental for comfort, but I don't follow New York City crime close enough to know how often this happens. Svetlana Aranov was also found in the East River after disappearing under strange conditions. I will bump her thread up to the top.

Can anyone comment on this disappearance? If you don't want to register to post a comment just send me an e-mail at ralph@ee.net and I'll post it for you, but should be no problem to click on Register in upper right corner and you'll be able to post comments as soon as we exchange emails.

thanks
rd

from www.nynewsday.com (fair use)

Missing woman's remains ID'd
NYNewsday.com
May 4, 2004, 5:15 PM EDT

A body found in the East River was identified as the missing wife of real estate mogul Fred Rudd, the medical examiner's office said Tuesday.

Jean-Ann Rudd, 45, was reported missing on April 9. Her body was pulled from the East River near East 92nd Street on Monday, the ME's office said.

The cause of her death was not announced Tuesday.

Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from nypost.com (fair use)

TRAGIC RIVER FIND
By PHILIP MESSING and MARSHA KRANES
May 4, 2004

A partially decomposed body of a woman - believed to be the missing wife of real-estate mogul Fred Rudd - was discovered yesterday floating off a small island in the upper East River.

Police said the body is the same build as Jean Ann Rudd and was dressed in clothes matching those she was wearing when she vanished on April 9.

A woman aboard a research vessel in the East River spotted the body shortly after noon off the west shore of Mill Rock Island, a 21/2-acre outcropping in the river between Wards Island and East 96th Street in Manhattan.

An NYPD harbor-unit boat was dispatched to the scene and brought the body ashore a short time later.

Rudd, 45, vanished without a trace after leaving her family's Park Avenue and East 83rd Street apartment at about 11 p.m. April 9 - without her wallet or cellphone, and without having taken her prescription antidepressant. A doorman told police she appeared to be walking uptown.

Her husband, the owner of Rudd Realty Management Corp., said he found three "somewhat ominous" notes on her bureau - addressed to him, her best friend and their 18-year-old daughter, Erica. Rudd also mailed some letters to her husband that he received after her disappearance, police sources said. They would not disclose their contents.

But Fred Rudd indicated his wife wrote that she felt he was too busy and not there for her in the note she left for him in their apartment.

Fred Rudd, 49, said his wife of 19 years was becoming increasingly agitated because Erica, their only child, was going to begin college in the fall and would no longer be living at home.

The impending separation added to her feeling of isolation, he said.

"She was taking less medication than she was supposed to, and I believe this may have caused the situation where she may have become disoriented or God knows what," the distraught husband told The Post a few days after his wife's disappearance.

He said his wife was alone when she disappeared, while he was at the family's weekend home in Remsenburg, L.I., where he planned to meet with contractors, and Erica was staying with friends in Southampton.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we see she left notes for everyone. It's definitely a suicide. There wss nothing that would suggest a suicide for Svetlana Aranov, but other than that the cases are remarkably similar.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - looks like a suicide. How very sad. The husband and daughter have to go on somehow - must be very difficult.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean was a fairly attractive woman, nice teeth, money and everything to live for, it makes no sense to me why she would kill herself in such a fashion.

The train conductor says that she took a train before the time that she left home. Odd that an attractive woman would choose such a fashion to kill herself. She had to have jumped off a bridge, as no one just throws themselves in a river. You would think that with all the money that was available to her that her choice would have been drugs. Like how hard would it be to find enough drugs to do yourself in, a bottle of gravol and tylenol would do the trick, or aspirins and tylenol. The latter are two drugs that will kill you more likely than other drugs, as overdoses in many drugs will cause you to vomit even while unconscious. Besides she already had her antidepressant pills she could have overdosed on. It is not usual that a woman would choose suicide in this fashion. One would think that she would have thrown herself off of her building first before she would throw herself in the River. It is not a pretty sight either way.

Just goes to show you that if she did commit suicide in this fashion it is not always that human nature is predictable. IT does not seem clear whether these letters were suicide letters, it seems as though they might be, but it has not been specifically stated so. Although this does appear to be the end of the investigation, so it would seem that the police are holding the information under wraps.

This just doesn't make any sense. It sounds as though the woman should have been hospitalized, because if missing a few antidepressant pills caused her to commit suicide this says she was a very sick woman who was not getting proper treatment. So sad, so much to live for, so much going for Jean, only Jean did not seem to know this. Her poor daughter.
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on!

If Mrs. Rudd got off the Metro North train at either Pelham or New Rochelle that would put her close to the Pelham Bay.

On Mapquest type in the zip code 10803 for the Pelham station and 10801 for the New Rochelle station.

Take a look at the map and move it over toward the water. That's Pelham Bay. If she jumped in the water there she could not have floated down to the East River. She would have had to maneuver around islands and the jutting point in the Bronx to get down to the East River.

If she did commit suicide by jumping off a bridge into the water it would be more likely from the Triborough bridge or the area near it. I'm checking now to see if there is a Metro North station near the Triborough bridge. New Yorkers would take the subway or a bus up to that area which is near 125th street in Harlem.
Be right back.
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!

The Harlem station on the New Haven line of Metro North is the first stop after Grand Central Station. It is at 125th st and Park Ave. It is four blocks from the Triborough Bridge.

This makes more sense. She got on the train and got off at the first stop.

The area is improving up there but its still a little dangerous if you walk away toward the river. I wonder if she had any drug habit- heroin or cocaine? This would be near an area where rich kids and other drug users drive up to get drugs. Its safer to go there by train though because the NYPD stakes out the drug dens and looks for fancy cars with pale people who look very out of place in the neighborhood unless they stay near fifth avenue and the new improved building section.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had one nice relative of hers register but they didn't post. I don't know, it seems as mysterious as Svetlana Aranov's death to me, James.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Svetlana Reply with quote

Speaking of Svetlana, do you hear anything at Elaines or elsewhere about that case, James?
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James it makes sense that this woman might have been looking for drugs, as if she was in the throws of a nervous breakdown, and not taking her medication, then it would mean that she likely needed something to forget her troubles, and she allegedly gave the conductor on the train $20.00. So she appears that she might have been out of it a bit...I know where your describing in New York, and yup that would be a dangerous place for a flaky white woman to go!

I'm wondering also about the woman who was killed in Queen, Sapelton from Canada, if she might have visited someone in her neighbourhood looking for a fix.

Wow, New York sounds like it is getting a little rough these days.

What is Elaine's, a Bar????
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Elaines Reply with quote

Hi Peri,

Elaines' is one of the bars where reporters, celebs, pols, execs and everyone wanting to rub shoulders with them hang out and exchange contacts and gossip. Probably a good place to pick up a date also?
Date, that's the polite word for it, right?

Just read recently about John O'Neill. He hung out at Elaines. He was the FBI agent who was the Terrorism expert. He warned about the Taliban years before they bombed the Cole. He also stated just the night prior to the World Trade Center getting hit, that 'they' would be getting ready to hit the US again. He even mentioned that they would finish the job on the WTC that they started back in 1993.

He just started as head of security at the WTC only 1 week prior to the disaster. He resigned at the FBI and took the job, mostly because it paid big bucks.

Interesting stories out there about him. He was frustrated because the pols wouldn't take the Arab threat to heart. He warned of terrorist cells in the US, Canada and elsewhere that were ready to strike. Global Network.

What he was warning about came to pass.

There is also news about Atta. Do you recall how the media portrayed him as a strick Muslim? No sex, no fun, no drinking, just a robot? Well, it seems that was not true at all. He had a stripper girlfriend, he ate pork (a no no for Muslims, evidently), he went on 3 day drinking/drugging binges, spent time in Las Vegas and so much more. The guy was no robot.

Also, the guy at the flight school, Rudi Dekker? Turns out he knew Atta and the other terrorists. Seems he is involved in the Global Network also. He trained 6 of the terrorists, not 2 as was originally reported.

Lots of info is coming to light about the terrorists. Too bad that O'Neill died in the Trade Center. He could have predicted what they will be doing next. He was accurate with what he did share about them.

I'm betting the regulars at Elaines' learned lots from John O'Neill.
fallout

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill was greatly admired at that bar/social club and throughout the city.

L.A. did you read the story about what led to his resignation from the FBI in the Summer of 2001? He was set up by one of his colleagues and, somehow, the NY Times was used to help put pressure on him to quit. That means someone very high up was involved in getting rid of him. The timing seems very suspicious. It was around the same time that the agents in Phoenix were trying to get headquarter's attention about the flight schools. As we used to say about Chandra- "Somebody knows something".

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: