www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things left out of the Dunne complaint
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie, fallout did an index of the NE book, Sex, Power, and Murder.

Here is what is listed in the index around the Otis Thomas section.

>>>SUND-CARRINGTON FOUNDATION 78
TERRY, JOHN MICHAEL 12
TERRY, JON MICHAEL 79
THOMAS PINK SHOP 61
THOMAS, JENNIFER 59, 77
THOMAS, MELLISA 84
THOMAS, OTIS 59, 77
THORNTON, DON 125 <<<

If you don't have the book I can quote from it.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being in the book I would imagine they reported it, but I don't recall any front page stories mentioned by anyone like for Luray and Klingle Mansion. Not sure what they said. benn, how do you compare what's in the book to what is the press that we frequently quote, for example?

rd
benn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, part of my story of the NE book is that a lot of the time I can not locate it in my apartment. I have two copies, but one is loaned out to a neighbor. He has had the book for some time, but he has just started to read it. My copy I can not locate right now. Someone helps me clean up once in a while and things that I knew where they were get put somewhere else.

My neighbor, though, was giving me some interesting comments on the book, since he is an old time Sacramento resident. He was commenting today on the bar that Condit used to hang out at in Sacramento. My neighbor says the bar is on the same street that we live on, "O" street, but downtown several blocks. I will probably relocate my copy of the NE book tomorrow.

benn

The reason that I have two copies of the book is that I could not locate my first copy for some time and bought another one.
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the BOOK!

THOMAS PINK SHOP 61
THOMAS, JENNIFER 59, 77
THOMAS, MELLISA 84
THOMAS, OTIS 59, 77

Susan Levy was beginning to find out little bits of information about Chandra's boyfriend.

page 59. >>>Not long afterwards, Susan recounted a conversation she claimed she had with a local Pentecostal minister named otis Thomas. Although Thomas would later deny the conversation ever took place, Susan claimed it sent chiulls down her spine and sent her rushing to the phone to issue a warning to Chandra.

>>>The minister, who was also the Levys' gardener, was tending the freshly blooming roses in the Levys' backyard when Susan brought him a cold drink and they began to talk. Thomas asked how Chandra was getting on in Washington, said Susan, who then impulsively confided that Chandra had become friends with the local Congressman, Gary Condit.

>>>She asked Thomas if he had ever heard anything about Condit and any other women, and according to Susan the question unlocked a flood of secrets hidden in the minister's heart for seven years. In 1994 his own daughter, Jennifer, only 18 at the time, had asked her father for advice on how to go about breaking off a relationship with a man that had gone sour, Susan said.

>>>When he asked Jennifer the name of the man, Susan said, the girl told him it was Congressman Condit and she had met him at a political rally.

>>>Thomas advised Jennifer to end the liaison with Condit immediately, Susan recalled, and she took his suggestion.

>>>Susan said she then confessed to Thomas that Chandra and Condit (where) also more than friends.<<< "where" is spelled like that in the book, but it appears that it should be were.

>>>"Tell her to end the relationship right away," was the advice Susan remembered receiving from Thomas.

>>>Susan raced to the phone in her home and called Chandra in Washington. She told her daughter about the conversation she said she had with Thomas. She urged Chandra "to be very careful."

>>>Her daughter told her to mind her own business. She was a grown woman. She could deal with it.<<<

That is all from pages 59 and 60 of the book. I will post this. I do not have a scanner, so this takes a little typing. I will get the second section on page 77, next.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a funny story. :) well, be sure and give it back to him and pass on his comments!

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to finish what the NE book says about Jennifer Thomas. We have all heard it one way or another.

Something that just came to my mind. I wonder what FBI agent is in charge of the cold Chandra Levy case at the present time.

I don't want to interfere with any book publishing here, but I wonder what the FBI would do if they were given a direct question or two about the Otis Thomas story.

I will ponder this a little bit more before trying to find out.

C'est le guerre.
benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't interfere to continue to attempt to contact people as you have been, been. The FBI agent is Bradley Garrett. It is beyond my comprehension that he will tell you anything different from what the FBI has already said, though. Can't hurt to ask, though.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, well, I sent a message on a tip form to the FBI. Not that I expect any action there, but at least it was sent to them.

I would bet even money that your book comes out before I receive an answer from the FBI, unless they have a robot answering machine ......:)

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks benn - I would guess that if it was in the book, then at some point it was in the tabloid.
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello blondie, I sent the FBI tip form some words last night about Otis Thomas. I said nothing I said was new, the dna paternity test was being mentioned in the 2001 forums.

I think rd's book will be published before I ever get a reply from the FBI, which will probably be never.

benn
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Go get them Benn! Reply with quote

Benn I will try as well, after you have heard or not heard from the FBI. I think it very interesting, and certain this is a sore point with Condit one he took the trouble to deny, one story that the tabloids did not run away with, my guess is that information was difficult to come by because it was an FBI investigating the matter, Also, presumably Otis was advised by to keep his mouth shut, by someone unknown and also this would have been the advise of the FBI, to not talk to the press,

One begins to see how upset that Otis was, he denied saying this, well what kind of hot water would that have put him in with Susan Levy. Did Susan get rid of Otis, has he quit?

Otis had to be pretty scared to state to the press basically that Susan Levy lied, to the police and to the press about this matter. If he denies saying this....why? To protect his family? Guess this is why I never heard Otis say he was sorry, can't be sorry for something you didn't say. Can you?

Think it is very relevant for the FBI to throughly investigate the Otis matter, including paternity identity? If Otis made this up, why didn't the FBI charge him with mischeif, this certainly harmed Condit, this story in my estimation was the straw that broke the camels back, this is the point the public in California took more notice than just listening to Gary's silence and then his lies. I cannot see if OTis did totally make this up that he was not charged. Why did Susan levy state that she believes Otis.

Anyway let us know how you make out Benn, and then I'm hot on your trail. I personally believe that this information was either the motive for Chandra's murder, or that the revealing of this information set into motion a chain reaction that lead to Chandra's death, and that a coverup of her death did follow. Whether Chandra died at her own hands, as a result of something that she did or that there was a contract out to murder Chandra, there is the outside possibility that her death was an accident, but this is unlikely. No matter, the Otis story is of great relevance to this case and what may have become of Chandra.

Benn I think it is necessary also to look at the data that States Chandra and Gary were broken up, we can almost say that the source of this was Condit himself, ok let us say they did break up. It seems from what we know that if they had broken up, somehow this Otis thing was at issue, or Chandra having not kept the relationship a secret. No matter, the downward slide to Chandra's life began with this story, and the down fall of Condit's career ended with this story. If the FBI will not reveal any information in this regard, then they need to advise whether or not the grand jury has investigated this matter, and we can sent a complaint to the District Attorney's office requesting that the Grand Jury investigate this matter to the fullest. Whether or not this then will happen is anyone's guess, we could also, cc the letter to the DA to Susan Levy and the Washington City police, and why not write to Brazelton while we are at it to see if it is possible for a change of venue for the investigation? Something to this affect or can Brazelton pressure the DA's office in Washington to awaken the grand jury???

kate
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, I did write to Brazelton's office once, a few months ago. No answer from them, but I did get on the DA's email mailing list where they send out various reports on legal decisions coming up, such as a prisoner coming up for parole.

I don't think the FBI will answer. If they do I will keep you informed, certainly no secrecy for me, especially in somewhat hostile waters. The Crime Solvers never got back to me either.

One thing about the FBI interviews of Condit and Thomas, Condit no doubt had his attorney with him, and Thomas did not have an attorney.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stressing the possibilty that Jennifer entered a witness protection program. How would entering a witness protection program be any different than what happened?

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think that is a possibility?
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has never been reported to be seen since. The Modesto Bee may be laying off but I don't see how going into a witness protection program would have gone down any differently.

After three days of questioning, on a Friday the FBI said OC "backed off" his story. They came back on the next Wednesday and spent a fourth day with him, after he had recanted. Even though they said they wanted to talk to Jennifer, the FBI said she had left the state and couldn't be found. The press said it wasn't clear if he had recanted all or part of his story.

Susan Levy said that she couldn't understand it, he was crying when he told her about his daughter. The Washington Post interviewed him six times over a two month period, as did the FBI. Jennifer Thomas didn't go into hiding, and OC didn't recant, until the press leaked their names and story.

Sounds like a witness protection program to me.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: