www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things left out of the Dunne complaint
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Things left out of the Dunne complaint Reply with quote

The things that were left out of the complaint are the ones that really shout out to me. Let's try and list them. I'll start.

8-27-02 Globe "CONDIT KIDS GET BIG-BUCK$ PAYOFF" A quote from the article "payout to his children and the staff raises are an attempt by Condit to "buy up" people who could be witnesses against him in the Levy case."

4-9-02 Enquirer "CHANDRA MYSTERY SOLVED" AND "FBI AGENTS PROBE SEX DUNGEON NEAR LEVY APARTMENT" Talks about a "sex dungeon" near Chandra's apt, and quote,"The man trains people in the art of sado-maschism. Authorities are investigatiog Gary Condit's possible connection to the man, and whether it is possible he trained Condit and Chandra." Also hw she went to meet someone she knew at Klingle Mansion and how someone may have slipped into her apt and removed incriminating items.

6-11-02 Star "CHANDRA MURDER SECRETS" One quote, "'Regardless of whether he actually killed her or not, or if someone killed her on his behalf or not, Chandra was in Washington to be with him.'"

12-04-01 Globe "CONDIT GRAND JURY SHOCKER" A quote, "Cheating Congressman ordered to turn over kinky Chandra sex photos". "Anne Marie Smith says Condit loved to keep mementos of his sexual trysts, like letters, panties, and photos,..."

1-21-03 Globe 'DID CHANDRA RIDE TO HER DEATH ON CONDIT'S BIKE?"
Basically says that Chandra borrowed his bike and rode to the park on it and it has never been found. Also shows a picture of him in his shoes and a single picture of a penny loafer.

8-13-02 Globe "KARATE ACE CONDIT COULD EASILY HAVE KILLED CHANDRA" Robert Carson story
jane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie - that is brilliant!! Why doesn't he want to complain about some items!? At a possible $19 million per item, there's gotta be a good reason he's leaving them out!

I don't have many tabloid articles listed anywhere, since I've been interested in sources with more credibility - but I'm gonna start lookin'!
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane - I think you mentioned the Otis Thomas thing. Was it ever in a tabloid?
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to check. I bought two, the Luray (just before 9-11-01) and Klingle Mansion (4-9-02) issues. I don't recall OC Thomas being mentioned in either one.

I'll do a search. My guess is that the lawsuits are limited to the unnamed, kinky group sex scenario articles that he sued Dunne over. But it will be interesting to see what was included in the issues sued over and what was in the issues not included, as you point out blondie.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, searches don't show Thomas was mentioned in any posts quoting from the tabloids. And I don't recall any discussion of it either. That's odd. You'd think NE would jump all over that, but instead the NY Post did. Many people would say that means the tabloids found out who the father was and it wasn't Condit. Even if that's true, why wouldn't they be running a story on it? It's salacious, right up their alley.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd - The lawsuits are not limited to the unnamed. They include alot about Flamini quotes and Anne Marie. There are however many 'sources' and 'according to investigators', etc. which are of course unnamed.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great points you're making.

I'd be surprised if the articles that quote Flammini or Anne Marie don't have the stuff about Arab shieks, pol pals, etc. I sure don't know what's in all those articles.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points here. Otis Thomas is mentioned just a little in the NE book. I don't know why NE backed away from Otis, maybe because he recanted. NE was not trying to find the truth or they would have looked at Otis more.

The complaint did not mention the NE book either, from what I remember reading. I don't remember Condit asking for many retractions, through his attorneys. at the time the stories were published.

I was thinking about that a couple of days ago, and it seemed to me that the news items that Condit complained about were true news stories. I guess Marina Ein did complain about the Thomas story, but she did not seem interested in looking at the facts.

The things that Condit might have complained about at the time they were published are the Arab stories. I don't remember if he complained about the Arab stories or not.

What might be looked at is whether the tabloids were asked for retractions as their stories about Gary were published.

Cotchett was asking the Washington Post to retract something that was true. But Cotchett told us when Carolyn was in Washington. I sort of have fond memories of Cotchett.

I don't know if anyone can take many of those tabloids stories seriously. I used to see some giant rabbits that they were talking about. A former Congressman wrote about those arabs.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit's spokespeople tried very hard to keep the true statements from being printed, relationships with women usually. I don't recall them complaining about the Arab sheik stuff.

It turns out that Condit then said his staff denied the stories without his prior knowedge, as one paper said, denying the denials. It's all word games to these sleazebags.

I think it's going to come down to the tabloids saying Robinson is the source and Condit will have to sue Robinson, but of course he won't. I think the tabloids are safe in that they just used Dunne and Robinson as sources. In my opinion.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this last series of lawsuits can wait a year or so to go to court. They are stirred up a little and posting at Crime2000news. If enough people start remembering enough things that Condit said, or did, or did not do, we might be able to circle the wagons--from the outside.

Some of his faithfuls may desert.

benn
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Does Police,Grand Jury Matters keep Tabloids at arms length? Reply with quote

Very curious what the tabloids picked up or did not pick up, there certainly seems to be a method to their madness, just what this was is, might be difficult to determine. More curious is why Condit chose to sue some and not the others? One would think that Condit would have gone after Ottis Thomas, although guess perhaps he did, someone told Thomas to keep quiet? Stones through don't have blood and Condit would gain little from suing Ottis.

Do you think that the Tabloids would print a story that was under active FBI investigation? Where the FBI were involved in investigating Ottis claim, the matter was very public, do you think that would have deterred the Tabloids? Matters under police investigation of a public offical, one who held a high office.... I have a feeling that it might? Just a hunch? Although Ottis recanted; the FBI, spent several hours talking to him, and believe they spoke with him on more than one occassion.

The FBI had to have been learning something or they would not have spent all this time interviewing Ottis. Unless of course, Ottis is real crazy a real twister of a head? Ottis also was not a willing participant likely to have the story published in the Tabloid... although this usually does not stop a tabloid....

I'm surprized that a Tabloid did not investigate why Thomas lied, to me that would have made a good story, and Ottis would have had the opportunity of saving face, which it seems like he never did. There was the brief apology in the news to the Levy's ....don't recall either if he apologized :Ottis...to Condit

Considering that this was quiet a wopper that Ottis told, and one I believe was Condit's final political undoing, besides the way Condit handled the whole Chandra disappearance! If that leaves any stone unturned? Ottis' story hurt Condit politically, whether or not he recanted or he didn't, there was enough media coverage and the fact that the FBI were doing the investigation, to negatively affect public opinion on Condit. ALSO< SUSAN LEVY STATED THAT SHE THINKS OTTIS TOLD THE TRUTH THE FIRST TIME, to summarize her statement to the press. One was left to wonder, why does Susan Levy still believe this guy?

I've been thinking why has Susan and Bob Levy been so quiet, ya almost get the feeling that they know something we don't. They certainly know plenty more than we know, however, to speculate for a moment. What if Susan Levy and Bob know (and the police) whois suspected as the Murderer of Chandra.... but that there is just no proof to withstand a court case? Why would Susan and Bob be so quiet after Condit as to appear before the grand jury but he pleaded the 5th without ever answering the questions of the grand jury. I don't think the Levy's would let this happen. Something else must be happening, nothing more about Iggy....nothing concrete about a serial killer in the area, and ironically nothing much about Condit pleading the 5th and we never hear why ottis made up this story...

The News is flighty at times, much of this problem stems from lack of follow up, how often do we hear a story but never hear the END? The ending maybe known and it is not consider newsworthy so gone are are chances of being enlightened. Matters that could be followed up are not.

One wonders how this story even got leaked to the press? You wouldn't think that Susan Levy would tell this? Would it have been Linda Zamsky? Whom would have told about this, I believe when it came out Susan Levy was not yet even clear to the press and public that Chandra and Condit were having an affair. Perhaps Susan or Bob did leak this out however, it would have been a hugh breach of confidentiality on the part of Susan Levy. She would have little to gain from revealing this information to the public, to the police yes? One would think that this would have been checked out before it went over the news>. Who let this out to the public???? Was this Paul Katz? You wouldn't think that Ottis would NOT have done that? Or did he?

Condit pleading the 5th in the Investigation was this plastered all over the tabloids? Wow we would have a field day if any politican here did such a thing, the tabloids would have beat that to a slow and painful end...and there would be no end other than Condit to take a long walk off a short pier... besides we do not have the privledge of witholding any information
Condit's silence did cost him his career...

Just some thoughts....any comments

kate
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think blondie is right on in what a list of the articles not in the list cover would be most enlightening. I think he listed a few already.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was the Otis story reported? Was it Fox, a tabloid or the regular newspapers? I can't recall.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Post on July 12 is the primary source after six interviews with OC, but all the major news sources picked it up from the Post and reported it on July 12.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it ever reported in the tabloids? I can't remember and I didn't buy all of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: