www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chandra Levy Disappearance and Murder: Two Years Now (3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just sort of stunned. In all the coverage of Chandra I don't recall any reporter suggesting or even mentioning that the likely means of Chandra going to Condit's apartment would be to take the Metro from Dupont Circle to Woodley at Connecticut. It's a short walk there to Calvert and then Adams Mill.

They've said it's a 15 minute walk, a dozen blocks, she took a cab, etc., but didn't mention the Metro station despite Chandra using the Metro daily.

Same is true for going to Klingle Mansion by going to the Porter/Quebec station on Connecticut. It's not an easy walk at the end to Klingle Mansion with no sidewalks and uphill, and I don't think she did it, but again, not even mentioned by police or reporters. Just taking a cab was all they mentioned.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD!

I don't think Chandra Levy would have ever used the Metro to get to Condit's apartment. By the time she would have gotten all the way down into the Dupont Circle station and boarded the train she could have been more than half way to the Adam's Morgan area. And, Woodley Hills station is on the opposite side of the park which makes the total subway trip longer than walking directly which only takes 15 minutes.

She was young and athletic. I'm pretty sure she would have walked or taken a cab directly if she was in a hurry.

James
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks James. I agree. Something doesn't add up though. She was at the gym every night in April, but wasn't seen by her neighbors, but Condit was out of town most of the month. Even if she stayed at Condit's while he was gone I don't understand about her going to Washington Sports Center instead of straight on up to Woodley Station after work. More than one neighbor said they didn't see her around at all. Zamsky couldn't get a hold of her. There's something missing.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from RR via e-mail. How much of this incompetence affected the investigation into Chandra's disappearance? Although this covers only through 1999, the year prior to September 11 is especially sensitive for them not to talk about. But this gives insight to the culture then.

rd

from Associated Press (fair use)

FBI report lists agents fired for crimes
Associated Press
Feb. 18, 2004

WASHINGTON -- An internal FBI report kept under wraps for three years details dozens of cases of agents fired for egregious misconduct and crimes, including drug trafficking, attempted murder, theft, misuse of informants and consorting with prostitutes.

The report, released Wednesday by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, found that about one in 1,000 agents was dismissed for serious misconduct or criminal offenses by the FBI during the period examined, from 1986 to 1999. The average was between eight and nine per year.

Although the numbers were small, the FBI's attempts to prevent the report's disclosure from the public and Congress since its completion in June 2000 is raising questions among FBI critics about an attempt to avoid embarrassment.

Grassley, a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a letter Wednesday to FBI Director Robert Mueller that he was concerned about "a lack of response to the findings and recommendations, a general lack of support for the project and even efforts to prevent its completion."

Grassley said the report "almost never saw the light of day." It was only provided to lawmakers in July 2003, months after it was requested, and was accompanied by a Justice Department letter urging that it be kept confidential.

The FBI did not immediately comment on the letter or report.

The report was prepared by the FBI's Behavioral Sciences and Law Enforcement Ethics.
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're updating the DC Registry site so, for the time being, the neighborhood crime reports can't be accessed.

"
Welcome to the home page of the Washington, DC Registry. You are seeing this page because we are in the process of moving our web site to a new server. During this process, some people may see this page on the new server, while others will see our regular web site on the old server, depending on where they are connecting to the Internet from. Within a day or so, everyone should be reaching the new server. By that time, we will have our regular web site fully reconstituted on the new server. Thank you for your patience during this server move. "

James
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Ramblings about details that don't make sense Reply with quote

'Grassley, a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a letter Wednesday to FBI Director Robert Mueller that he was concerned about "a lack of response to the findings and recommendations, a general lack of support for the project and even efforts to prevent its completion."

Interesting comment, as well as his other that the report ever hardly saw the light of day...or whatever he said...

The article above describes that the numbers were small, 1,000 people I do not describe as a random sample, this is a large number for bad cops, most would have weapons. The FBI is trying to minimize the problem. Well guess it is time for a wake up call.

I'd love to know why Freeh quit May 1, 2001, for some reason which is inexplainable, there seems some connection with Chandra going missing and her loosing her job. One would think that Chandra may have even written to him asking for suggestions how she might enter the force. Personally I can't understand the FBI not wanting a woman like Chandra unless it was because of her personal ties to Condit? Perhaps it did not sit with some people very well that he had girlfriends and Chandra was one of them>?

When Chandra applied for her position with BOP she spoke with the Head of the Bureau, Dunn. He stated that he had spoken to Chandra because she had seen the AD. What seems curious is that when someone is applying for an internship, that one would call the number and get to speak with the Head of the Bureau of Prisions. "I think NOT!" There is likely an intermediate party who would handle these types of affairs. I'm not suggesting that Heads of Bureaus would not meet with the canditate, or even sit on a hiring committee, but taking all the enquiries, this is a bit far fetched. If this is so, no wonder our justice and prison system have gone to hell in a hand basket. It does seem a tad strange just to call up from an ad and get to chit chat with Dunn.

What is curious also, is that Chandra would have made known her interest with Law Enforcement, and her desire to work within this area of Government. Chandra then would have stated when she would be gratuating and available to come, and Dunn would have agreed or disagreed according to the requirements of intering an internship programme. Certainly Dunn must have left the details to others, however, I think that Chandra knew what she wanted and wasn't going to let any stone stay unturned. I think maybe Condit or someone had something to do with Dunn speaking directly to Chandra and offering her the job, etc.

Perhas no one else finds this odd but I just don't think that we entirely have the complete picture. Just as Chandra going to and fro from Gary's. This has always been perplexing. Chandra wore her teashirt and leggings black or grey to an from the GYM. Where did Chandra put these on. Thompson stated that Chandra never changed when she came to the gym, interview with Dianne Sawyer on Video...

One beings to think, did Chandra change at work? Thompson stated that he saw Chandra allot in the evenings, around the same time which the time referred to was 7pm, I believe he said, she came the same time most evenings.

Then did Chandra wear her clothes from the gym to Condit's?? Edeline stated that when he was looking for Chandra and being worried he spoke to the front desk people about her and the woman on evenings did not even know who she was. (Chandra). geocities.com timeline

The neighbours say the same thing, about not knowing Chandra. There are few comments about the neighbours of Condit seeing Chandra either?

Perhaps Chandra luggage at the door is that she had found a place to stay for a week and was going to check it out, this would explain the clothes she had on...just going to check out a place to stay for the week and go back and get the STUFF at the door way, clean comforter and all.

Wonder if she phoned the local Rabbi to check out a place to stay?

I recall many times staying here and there at University, mind someone's house? You know Students, have to wait around and the lease is up? But you have to do this and a that and don't want to fork out 1,200 dollars for rent, or whatever by the week.

Anyway it is food for thought, that Chandra while waiting to see Condit decided to move or check out new digs for a week as Edeline was anxious to come to Washington to do business and wanted to stay there himself.

The conversation that lasted a minute, April 29th with condit could have been about getting her a place to stay? Could have been a million things, however, I bet Condit knows all kinds of people who need their apartments attended to while they are away. Chandra could have done this through contacts with the University Community, her work community, newpapers, internet, and a dozen of other means and ways.

It does make sense that Chandra may have been looking for another palace to stay or to save money, or that she was so unsue of her plans that she's save the money and still get to hang around for a week. I'm sure the offer was in place to stay at Condit's before she knew that Mrs. Condit would be coming to town. Although isn't it odd that Condit is talking to Anne Marie Smith everyday, while she was in town from the 25 of April to May 3, although I do not believe that Anne Marie stated she spoke to Condit on May 1st. Condit only has one minute to speak to Chandra! He stated he had not spoken to her since the 24th or 25th he couldn't decide.

This does speak that something was wrong with the relationship, as even though Carolyn was there, Condit still made time for Anne Marie, and as well they had been on the outs, and he was still talking to her? confusing

I think there is so much more that we don't know
We have broached the topic of airplane tickets for sale? This could have caused Chandra to take a trek, however she did not have her money and stuff on her person?????
admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved to top
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: