www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chandra Levy Disappearance and Murder: Two Years Now (3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking carefully at Anne Marie Smith's statements, I have come to the conclusion that the last time she saw Condit in Washington was in late March. I'll lay out the quotes later but the statements from a number of different interviews cover the entire period after March.

She does not mention the Congressional Easter recess, but that recess period accounts for part of the time.

This includes Cossack indicating she was in Washington April 25 - May 3, encompassing Carolyn's visit and Chandra's disappearance, which is quite remarkable. The nature of her telling Condit she would be in town, his response that it was not a good time that his wife was coming to town, and her mentioning his calls Friday and over the weekend, along with Robinson's statement that she was at his apartment in late April, might seem to indicate that she could have seen him April 25 or 26, but the nature of her responses is that they only talked by phone. This is also somewhat remarkable.

There was only a week between May 3 and the next Friday when he said he had to disappear, and then another week when she came in and he called her from Luray.

She has seemed to indicate that she hasn't seen him since she was scared about the neckties in late March, and it does appear that she ended up not seeing him again, although at his request, first due to his wife, then due to attention from Chandra's disappearance.

This has some implications for my thinking and timeline, not sure what all yet.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Missing Woman's Apt. Again Searched
by PETE YOST
Associated Press Writer
May 17, 2001

Condit, who is among witnesses interviewed by police, issued a statement saying that ''It is not appropriate for any of us to make any further public comments.''

Condit, D-Calif., has called Levy ''a good friend.'' In his new statement, Condit declined to ''speculate about a matter that is under police investigation.''

Lost in a Washington mystery
The Baltimore Sun
May 26, 2001

Police told the Washington Post that Levy had visited Condit at his apartment, but later said they had accidentally passed on an unconfirmed rumor. Police are calling this a missing-persons case, have named no suspects and have not even concluded that a crime has been committed.

"Everybody, or I should say the media, wants to know about the congressman's relationship to her," says Sgt. Joe Gentile, a spokesman for district police. "We've heard all the rumors, hearsay, second-party information. At this time, there's nothing to substantiate those rumors."

In this sequence of quotes I posted in "Compendium of Good Quotes", the DC police refer to Linda Zamsky as a "second-party", and her information as an "unconfirmed rumor" that is "unsubstantiated hearsay".

Imagine your relative is a government intern whom you love dearly and she disappears. You tell the police who she was dating, a powerful figure she kept secret, and instead of investigating the police announce that you are a second-party with unconfirmed, unsubstantiated rumors.

Now imagine if a Washington police chief or a Congressman disappeared. Would information that they had a secret girlfriend be considered an unsubstantiated rumor? Or would it be investigated, perhaps with the utmost urgency?

Is the life of a young government intern of that little consequence compared to that of the Washington elite? Why then was the information supplied by the Levy family trampled upon by the DC police, their hearts stomped into the ground, their motives publically questioned by the police, and their daughter considered a suicidal runaway instead of Condit's girlfriend? Why is a missing woman not a crime unless blood is found? What does it take to make the DC police investigate a Congressman? Anything? Money? Doughnuts?

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, why don't you send your question to Joseph D. McNamara. I think his address is somewhere on the site, or you can find it with google without too much trouble?

Once in a while we have to get some expert opinions here.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I'd like to see what he has to say. His quote in your signature is going to go in the Compendium of Good Quotes.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the old coverup statement.

" Condit, who is among witnesses interviewed by police, issued a statement saying that ''It is not appropriate for any of us to make any further public comments.''

That seems quite the opposite of the statement that Joseph D. McNamara gives in my signature. The quote my signature came from was in an article on the sniper shootings by McNamara.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convergence of events after Chandra said he explained it all culminated in the big news on April 29 and what she told her landlord. I think there's some big news in there somewhere.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And around and around in circles we go. My clarification from just a few posts ago is wrong. Chandra did call from her father's cellphone when they were visiting for Passover. But Bob is talking about looking at both bills, so I have to hope that when Isikoff says the calls to Condit's line tapers off after April 13 that he was looking at both bills, Chandra's and her father's, because of course calls from her father's phone would taper off after April 13. He returned to California on the 15th.

I believe my analysis is correct in that it was stated very clearly by Isikoff that she made no calls to Condit's line in her last week.

rd

Transcript: The Levys
Larry King Live
August 15, 2001

KING: Oh, you found the number on Chandra's...

S. LEVY: Well, my husband...

B. LEVY: On the cell phone bill.

S. LEVY: The cell phone bill.

B. LEVY: The cell phone bill that we got. And...

S. LEVY: Because her cell phone wasn't -- the battery wasn't charged.

[and Condit's line is voice mail. other articles said she punched her number in. grrrr]

S. LEVY: And I said, "Please call me back. This is Susan Levy at so and so number." And...

S. LEVY: What shocked me is the music.

B. LEVY: No, not at that time. I had actually -- I think I dialed that number several times before and got no answer. I didn't leave a message. Then we saw it on the cell phone bill, so we had our suspicions about it.

...And then I proceeded to ask -- which I understand that that music is no longer on that line.

B. LEVY: Well, I knew someone who she was calling when we were back there in April was the person she was seeing. And then I saw the number on cell phone bill and our cell phone bill several times. And finally, I didn't know who it was. And of course, it's unlisted, so I finally called up Condit's office on Monday -- you know, when he said to call their office to get more information about what they could do -- and someone told me that was his number.

I mentioned that my daughter -- I think my daughter was having an affair with the congressman, and this was the phone number, and they told me that was Condit's number.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie, that would be why there's the one statement that seven calls were made in ten days. That would be on her phone until the battery ran out and she started using her father's phone. It was stated there is a total of twenty calls for the month. Can't be thirteen calls from her father's phone from the 11th to 13th. But there were lots of calls, according to Susan.

Yet Isikoff said a call was made on her father's phone on the 13th. Why pick that one call to mention?

Artsy reporters with half baked statements for effect are a pain in the butt.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isikoff was among those who interviewed Condit and did not ask him if Chandra had keys to his apartment. I wonder if all of those interviewers did not make an agreement with Condit not to ask certain questions.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are terrific questions, maggie, and my understanding of more details after reviewing all the source doesn't answer the questions. For example, I had thought that Chandra had voice mail on Edeline's line and thet she was calling to check for messages while her computer was dialed up. Not so. She had an answering machine.

As you ask, where was she when calling and checking if there were messages on the answering machine? Her credit card transactions that the police have would help answer that. There was credit card transactions up through the 30th, but I don't know if there was more than one on Monday the 30th. I assume she paid her last month at the Washington Sports Club Monday evening on her credit card. She had a receipt from Trader Joe's in her apartment, but I don't know how old. The police went to the Pendleton clothing store in Old Alexandria to ask questions, so it can be assumed that she had a recent credit card transaction or receipt for that store. Old Alexandria is close by to where Dayton lived, but not walking distance.

I also remain puzzled as to why Condit would call her answering machine to leave a message instead of calling her on her cellphone. Let's say he did neither. What we would have then is Chandra calling him for a month repeatedly without getting a response. Does that sound reasonable to anyone at all? I don't think so.

There's a reason the calls from her cellphone stopped and she continued to check for messages on her answering machine instead of getting called on her callphone, and it has to do with Condit not wanting an auditable trail to be connected to her after she asked him about Jennifer Thomas, in my opinion.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could, but I would put Chandra in the category of delusional and suicidal if that were true. In fact, she replied "how did you know" when her mother asked her if Condit was her boyfriend less than a week before she disappeared and told her she "couldn't say his name, you'll understand later". This after three weeks of ignored phone calls including her birthday? There's not a sane woman alive that would do that. Granted, she's no longer alive, but she was when she answered her mother a week before she disappeared.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I remain puzzled at the concept of calling his voice mail being an indication that he is not returning her calls, as in, the more she calls, the more she is freaking out. I can't imagine why it's not the opposite of that.

What would one consider normal? Never calling him? Does that indicate they're talking and that everything is fine? Calling him once a month? Once a week? When two people are dating steadily, don't they talk everyday? Condit and Anne Marie talked every day. She called his voice mail. In fact, he asked her to call and leave a message everytime she landed, even layovers.

The number was his voice mail. Calling him is not an indication of a problem, or at least I can't imagine how someone thinks it is. To me, calling everyday indicates they're talking, not that she's desperately trying to get him to talk to her. I just don't understand what the alternative is supposed to be.

Suppose we didn't know about any potential problem, no "he explained it all", or prior to April. What would we expect the calling pattern to be in March? That she would only call her answering machine hoping he left a message? That she would never call him? She told her aunt from the beginning, at Thanksgiving, that she called him and told hiim when her cellphone would be on. Linda said she would also call his office as well. I just have no idea how calling him indicates he's not returning her calls, unless there's the thought that calling his voice mail is unusual or something. As I've said before. I would find it unusual if she didn't call him every day or two. I have no idea how they would act as any couple do if she didn't call and leave messages.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominick Dunne's younger brother John Gregory, also a writer, has died. He had a best seller novel about murder, "True Confessions", but not a true crime book. Dropped dead of a heart attack at 71 sitting down to dinner with his wife. Let's hope Condit and his lawsuits don't do likewise to Dominick.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/arts/AP-Obit-Dunne.html

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate posted this long ago on another forum. kate and anybody else, do we still think this to be true?

rd

Now the ironic thing is that everyone states that Caroline Condit left on the 3rd of May to return to CA......She left on the red eye on the 2nd and arrives in CA on the 3rd.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLITZER: Can I -- I just want to interrupt one second, before we get to something else. When you were on "Good Morning America" this morning, you were specifically asked whether the intern Chandra Levy had ever spent the night at his apartment here in Washington, D.C., and you said this.

"Absolutely not. If she spent the night, she spent it out on a couch somewhere."

COTCHETT: And then...

BLITZER: What does that mean? What does that mean?

COTCHETT: As your viewers just saw, there was a dot, dot, dot because you didn't finish what I said.

BLITZER: Well, please finish it. Tell us.

COTCHETT: Surely. What I said was -- with the dot dot dot -- is that she would have had to slept on the couch, because the nights before she allegedly -- when I say "allegedly," before she was last seen -- the congressman's wife was in Washington, D.C. So all of this nonsense about these anonymous sources that say she spent the night and you know what they mean by "the night" -- the night before she was missing -- at the congressman's home is sheer nonsense. His wife was in Washington from the 28th to the 3rd of May -- from 28th of April -- she was last heard from, we believe, according to her mother, on the 30th of April. So what I meant to say is that, if she was over at his house, she would have had to join his wife, and she would have had to slept on the couch.
End quote

CNN WOLF BLITZER REPORTS

Aired June 14, 2001 - 20:00 ET
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: