www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great "Insider" website for info on DC:Needs to b
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FBI have (or had) paper records only of Chandra's job application - no computer records.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire issue of the disappearance of records of her applying for a federal job is I think very suspicious.

I personally can't see Condit wanting to have a mistress pernanently silenced lest anyone found out she had been a mistress. He operated in a sort of denial state. They weren't mistresses, they were months of one night stands. I think he very easily could deny anything very damaging to even the FBI. In fact, he did.

But I wrote once that Chandra wasn't just an intern, she was an FBI agent applicant. And she was counting on Condit to support her quest to become an FBI agent, but something very different happened. Her electronic application record disappeared, and so did she.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD and Jane,

Is it established that the FBI requires an online application? I'm from the stone age and got all my jobs by filling out paperwork.

But I can see that an applicants info would eventually be put into the FBI computer system. If that's the case-Where did it go?

I'm looking at the convergence of reports about the case in May 2001.
The surveillance tapes at the Newport "automatically recycle every ten days"

DC Police were first called to the scene on May 6 and returned the evening of May 7.

Despite the urgent pleas from the parents, the landlord and (not for nothing) a congressman on the intel committee none of these paid detectives thought to ask the dude at the desk if he had surveillance tapes for April 30-May1 until six days later. !!!!

The FBI was brought in :

"Gentile said the FBI has joined the case largely to arrange contacts for interviews in California and to use its "national resource"

but the DC Police rejected the assistance of Det. Mario Cisneros of the Modesto Police who was already doing the same thing.

James
jane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the FBI requirements, but one place I applied needed to have an online application (I had to fill one out even after I'd already had a personal interview).
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, James and jane. The convergence is troubling. From the time Chandra said he explained it all till two weeks later when she disappeared is a convergence of her life being destroyed.

The electronic record referred to is the FBI internal computer database record of her application being recorded. Without it her application would not be processed. As always, the question is incompetence versus conspiracy.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, fallout, and jane, The Otis Thomas story was also hushed up very fast. I see no reference to it in the complaint filed by Lin Wood. Ramsey asked for a search warrant, but he couldn't get one. Somebody was covering up. If that had been in the Whitehouse some reporters would be investigating it.

The media added to the lies also by not saying that Condit's apartment had not been searched right away after Chandra disappeared. The police say the no id rule was made up by Martin. The levys also did not know what they were saying, according to someone.

I can't help but think that Condit would have pulled all the strings that he was capable of pulling, not to find Chandra, but to turn the police in some other direction.

Gainer seemed to be working for upper powers, and he got himself promoted.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was put in charge of protecting members of Congress. He had certainly proved himself.

rd
propria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could be right about that, rd ...

but there is another explanation that is possible, too ... i have friends who have worked with gainer in illinois law enforcement, and they tell me that gainer is a real 'hot dog' [vigilant to a fault in his investigations and prosecutions] around nailing down bad guys. the speculation among his fellow officers here is that he probably got way too close to the truth in the levy investigation and he was promoted to get him out of the line of those in authority who would have the right to pursue condit vigorously ... it's hard to know which explanation is more accurate, but i'm inclined to go with the second one just because it is essentially impossible to change a hot dog cop into one who plays the game, even when the game can benefit him greatly.

nanci
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with you on that, nanci. Of all the statements made by the DC police, Gainer was the only one to make coherent statements, and the only one to express regret at what they had done. Still, he certainly wasn't hot dogging against Condit. To my dismay he said, "Condit had a lawyer. There was nothing we could do. He doesn't have to talk to us."

The key was continuing to declare Chandra's disappearance as not a crime, or as Ramsey mantra'd, "No body, no evidence, no crime, no suspect." If it takes being a crime to question Condit immediately and as often as they needed to get answers, then a missing person should be a crime.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious as to what you think is involved in a background check Fallout?

I worked for Choicepoint, one of largest background check companies in the country if not the world. My area was 'records' which consisted of any and all records that relate to an individual which include:

Criminal and civil at all levels- local, state, county and national

Credit reports- the persons credit report was 'judged'

Motor Vehicle report - that report was also 'judged'. That was a pass or fail. If you have one ticket against you, it's a red flag. Just one.

Sanctions- any professional was subject to this report. Any disiplinary action taken by a government agency would show up on this report

There are various other reports that trace monies that are kept elsewhere (Cancun, for instance). This report was useful for certain professions such as accountants.

Other departments did 'reporting work'. What that entailed was calling the college(s) and confirming degrees and GPA. Some clients required grade schools to be contacted. Numerous 'canned' questions were asked to include those about the person's drive, ambition, honesty, tardiness and much more.

The reporters also called previous employers for the obvious information.

Did you know that the information about what you purchase- even at the grocery store can be found?

Did you know that if you file more than 2 claims against your homeowners' insurance, that your house may not be saleable?

Information is kept on your house insurance also. I plan to post the new and horrific news about that industry. The records of all insurance was in our databank also. That and pension plans too.

Scary.

Thing is, unless it was at a different location at Choicepoint, there was no information available on affairs or dating. I don't see how you think that a background check for Chandra would turn up anything against Condit?

They know everything about us including our clothing size and what we buy at the grocery store and take out at the library but so far, I don't know of a date-bank. lol
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that possibly Condit did something that would show up on his background that might connect to what he was actually doing.

The problem seems to be, skipper, that the ones who look at the information are not going to do anything about it; but if we had it here we might have a fieldday.

A guy that is so secret can't be doing everything right.

He was so secret that he could not see the inevitable consequences of his actions. Murdering someone would not be inevitable, but getting public exposure would be an ever present reality, which would mean the end of his political career.

There may be a lot of other politicians who also have a lot to hide, which might be the reason that they did not really reject Condit. It seems as if someone in law enforcement could have checked more into Condit's attending the funeral of a cop killer--if I have read that right.

Would that show up anywhere in someone's records, skipper?

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how much Private Investigators have to pay for a complete background check on someone that would include all information possible?

I subscribed to a couple of those Internet information sources, Net Detective, and I think it is Web Detective; but I have never paid anyone anything for background information, and of course I have not received any either.

I did get on an email mailing list for a short time that was for skip tracers and private eyes and other related activities. I could read all of the mail, but there was not much information there that would be of any use to me.

I unsubscribed after about two weeks. One investigator was trying to find a cheap source to tell him how many lawsuits a company had filed during a certain time period. I emailed him about legalcasedocs, but legalcasedocs does not have all cases, so that probably did not do him any good.

I can't help but think that some of Condit's staff, such as Mike Dayton, participated in some activities with Condit that might have been interesting to law enforcement, if law enforcement had really had the time and resources to take a serious background look at Condit.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any info on background checks, benn. I've read that women are starting to have more background checks done on guys they meet and finding out which ones are lying. Amber Frey finally did that, but she knew the detective. I think skipper is our detective. :)

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I heard Dayton when he was on one of the tv interview shows, and the subject of Otis Thomas came up, and Dayton started to rambling about "that lawn care guy," and a "love child."

I don't really know what he was so upset about, unless some of those things were true.

benn
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.A. !

The background check for the FBI or CIA positions that Chandra had applied for would include more than a paper trail check.

Agency investigators go out in the field and interview people that you know, your neighbors, your teachers, your co-workers and your friends. Questions may become very personal including observations about any behavior that seemed out of the ordinary.

They want to make sure that the agents-to-be are "of good moral character".

One of the many people who later were interviewed after her disappearance would undoubtedly have said something to the job background interviewers like "she told me she was dating an FBI man" or "She told me that she told her best friend she was dating an FBI man but she told me he was 'coming back when Congress returns'".

This would have eventually led to Condit and many embarrasing questions. Condit would have realized this and when Chandra increased the stress by asking him about Jennifer Thomas he may have:

a. Confided his concerns to a close friend or advisor
b. Taken matters into his own hands

It looks like a reasonable motive. All Chandra would have to do to seal her fate would have been to tell Condit that she had "Big News- I'm up for a job with the FBI/CIA..."

Since she no longer had her Bureau of Prisons job she was probably giving 100% of her attention to the new career.

I'm gonna take a close look at Linda Zamsky's statement and see if there's a clue about this in there. I can't remember right now.

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: