www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great "Insider" website for info on DC:Needs to b
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Great "Insider" website for info on DC:Needs to b Reply with quote

Take a look at this one!

http://www.earthops.net/klaatu/district2001.html

The site goes back to 1998- Serial killers on Georgia Avenue
Corruption in the DC PD

The selection of Charles Ramsay

A great resource. I just found it. Enjoy.

James
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a NUT!!!!!!!!! He is a self-described loser. He lives in Md. off of disability. He also writes very weird stuff about spells on people, etc. I can't remember his name right now, but will look for it.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to the degree that what he included is factually correct, it's helpful blondie. :) Here's what he had to say about Chandra, fallout. The page is a good snapshot of problems in DC that year. Nice of him to keep it up as an archive.

rd

Another concern in the region is the recent disappearance of intern Chandra Levy. It seems that Ms Levy -- reportedly involved with Modesto California congressman Gary Condit -- walked out of her apartment just south of Dupont Circle, sometime on 2001 May 1, with only her keys. The rest of her belongings were neatly packed in her apartment, according to the media. Nobody's talking who knows where she actually went. Is it just another case of someone who walked down to the liquor store to cash a check and got taken off by some mysterious stranger? Or is it yet-another case of Beltway Insiders putting the wraps on a potential Presidential candidate's potential embarassment? Maybe it's just another case of an intern chewed up, but not spit out, by the notorious Capital Hill "bimbo mill". Anyway you look at it, "mommas, don't let your babies grow up to be interns".
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, James. It takes a time to read.

I don't care where the information comes from here. If someone says Gary went thataway, or Ramsey went thataway, that seems to be ok.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a DC Police horror story from a link given by the link that fallout posted.

http://www.safestreetsdc.com/

>>>Oh thank Heaven...
Wallet stolen from office at 14th & Columbia, Oct. 15, 2002. Within 12 hours, thief charges $1000 on two credit cards. Victim calls police, hears back from detective 2 weeks later. Victim tells detective that she's collected several videotapes from stores where thief uses credit card, and one such store, the 7-11 at 14th & Columbia, recognizes thief as a regular who appears in the store every day at 6PM. Detective tells victim to fax a list of evidence she's collected to date, and she does. Detective never calls back. So victim calls detective repeatedly, no return calls. Victims explains situations to other officers, who promise to look into situation, they never call back. Been 3 months now, still no call from police, and thief continues to visit the 7-11 almost every day around 6PM.<<<

Seeing that the DC Police seem to have great difficulty in solving crimes should we have to count on the DC Police to solve the Chandra Levy murder investigation? Why shouldn't Stanislaus County in California also be allowed to participate in the investigation? DC seems to have a lot of police problems.

I may send this message to some of my elected officials in Washington, DC.

benn
fallout

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn,

That was a classic. I have to look at that. It happens all over the country but when it happens in DC I get interested.

Blondie,
I missed the 'nut' part. Your visceral suspicion might have some validity though. Look at the entries he makes on May 15, 2001. He says there that he's had enough of DC and wants to bug out of the dugout. I started to wonder about that myself. On the other hand he has some good info on a serial killer on Georgia Avenue in DC who was arrested in 1998 and thought to have killed six women in the same area where Ingmar Guandique and Gary Condit lived. But, that guy was behind bars in May of 2001.

And, he's recording a lot of valid info about the DC cops and the weird government in that city. Lots of good stuff on Ramsay and Arden too!

And! he calls Condit a future Presidential candidate in May of 2001! He is exactly right on that one. I have to consider the possibility that someone wanted to neutralize Condit at that moment. But who could it have been?

James
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallout - he also has other websites, some of which are very wierd. His name is Thomas Hardman. One of the other websites is earthops.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in the pursuit of a calling that only he understands he archives away some good info on DC crime from when Chandra disappeared, then we gratefully accept and overlook some of the more eccentric conclusions he may have drawn from them. :)

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> And! he calls Condit a future Presidential candidate in May of 2001! He is exactly right on that one. I have to consider the possibility that someone wanted to neutralize Condit at that moment. But who could it have been?<<<

james, I can not view Condit as ever being a future President. As President it would have been very difficult for him to have lived his dual life.

There would have been a newspaper headline saying: President Condit has disappeared for three days, his whereabouts is unknown, he is thought to be riding his motorcycle somewhere, but that is not known definitely. The Secret Service is standing by ready to protect him, when they find him.

Kennedy got away with a lot, but Condit was no Kennedy, and Kennedy was no Condit. .......L)
benn
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that since this guy seems to hang around DC and the Columbia Rd area near where Condit lived (Adams Mill intersects with Columbia) and borders on Adams Morgan and the Dupont Circle area,
it's VERY possible he knows something or has heard rumors. If anyone would like to contact him, he lives in Aspen Hill, Md. This is where all the sniper shootings started. If you do a 411, it may be listed under Rockville or Silver Spring. It would be interesting to hear what he has to say. He is weird and hangs around DC in low places and it is real possible he has heard something.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you read pre-missing intern articles on Condit, it's certainly plausible he could have ended up running for president. Whether he could ever have won would depend mostly on whom he would have run against. If he had kept his former reputation intact and rumours of affairs as rumours only, I think it could have happened. (I'm not saying it's likely, but certainly possible, IMO).
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Benn!

You said:
"james, I can not view Condit as ever being a future President. As President it would have been very difficult for him to have lived his dual life. "

I was just thinking that Condit, on April 30, 2001, was a moderate Democrat with strong home district support and increasing visibility after his meetings with Cheney and Bush that week. And he wouldn't have been the first politician to have had a mistress or seven in the Clinton era.
He was also the minority leader on the Agriculture committee and also on the intel sub-committee in the House.

The question still is 'Why would he kill a young woman who seemed to be the type who could keep a secret?'

The only reason I could ever understand would be this:

Chandra Levy was actively applying for the FBI and CIA. Prior to this she had interned with the BOP up until a week and 1/2 before her disappearance. When she got the job with the BOP there was a minimal background check- She was referred by the offices of the Governor of California and the Mayor of Los Angeles.

But with her FBI and CIA applications she was subject to a more extensive background check. Condit or one of his staff may have realized the danger that someone at one of these agencies would uncover info about the affair with a comprehensive far-reaching background investigation. That staff member or Condit himself might have been doubly worried when Chandra suddenly asked him about Reverand Thomas' daughter. This probably set the wheels in motion.

Someone might say: But Condit had many affairs over the years and he never killed one of his mistresses before.

But this was the first one of his mistresses who was going to be carefully investigated by the Federal Government. And, at least in his own mind, Condit thought of himself as a future candidate for national office. After Al Gore and Joe Lieberman, and back before 9/11, Condit would have made an excellent Vice-President for an Eastern or Mid-Western Demo candidate in 2004.

What if Chandra's "Big News" for her Aunt was that she had been called in for a final interview for a job with one of the alphabet agencies? She calls Condit on Sunday and tells him she has an interview on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Someone panicked.

But that's only one scenario......
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought on the scenario above-

One puzzling thing about Chandra's plans for leaving DC to go back for her graduation and to live in California was the delay in telling her landlord Deni Edilene when she was actually going to vacate the apartment.

If she had an interview with the FBI, CIA or NSA scheduled early in the week of April 30 and if she believed she might be called back a day or two after for a second interview this might explain her hesitation to give the landlord an exact departure date.

Here's a question for you:

If Chandra was scheduled for an interview with the FBI or CIA and didn't show up for it would there have been an investigation?

If I apply for a job at McDonalds and get called in for a final interview but I don't show up for that interview there's a small chance that the interviewer might call my contact phone and leave a message asking for an explanation. It probably wouldn't go very far beyond that though and somebody else would get the job.

But if I apply for a job with the CIA and I'm under final consideration and don't show up for the interview I think that there might be a few questions asked. Someone will go over my application and might even check with my emergency contacts. The parents, the BOP office, the landlord and maybe even one of the references (Condit).

And, definitely, three or four weeks later when the story of the 'Missing Intern' is a headline I think the agencies would begin to investigate.

When I spoke with the National Parks Service guy this past April he was cautious about what he could say explaining that the case was "still hot".

I don't think he was warned to be cautious by the DC Police. Someone investigating the case spoke to this guy and really impressed him to 'keep his mouth shut'. It might have been one of his supervisors but I heard something else in his voice other than "just following orders".

Anyway, its great that Condit is suing American Media! It might answer a lot of these questions.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your idea that Condit may have feared a Chandra background-check makes a lot of sense, fallout.

You suggest that Condit might have been a viable presidential candidate, and I agree. To see the possibility, one has to consider media reports on Condit prior to Chandra's disappearance. His image was of a vital, savvy politician with connections on both sides of the aisle. He was a family man who attended Capitol Hill prayer breakfasts. There were rumours of a slightly wild side to him, but since they were only rumours they may have served only to make him appear more dashing and fascinating. His speech wasn't cultivated, but that hasn't proven to be an obstacle to the Whitehouse (consider the current president, and there are probably other examples). Forget his Connie Chung interview - that was an unmitigated disaster, but that's not how he usually came across. He never lost an election until the final primary he particpated in.

Anyway, whether or not he was presidential material, we know he had the idea (from comments made by a couple of his girlfriends) and that's the main point.
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane!

I'm suddenly very interested in the idea that the 'Big News' was an interview.

Who left messages on Chandra Levy's answering machine after her disappearance?

Her parents
Gary Condit (he claimed this in the Larry King interview)
Her aunt?
Sven Jones (returning her call)?
Denis Edilene
The FBI-CIA-NSA? "Where are you?"

The FBI has the machine- Will they answer this question?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: