www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some questions for former Rep. Gary Condit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art wrote, ...that would tell me that she left D.C. on perhaps May 1 or 2 and was traveling across country...

Then are you suggesting that whoever kidnapped Chandra from a train or rental car put her suitcase, ID, etc. back in her apartment, art?

edit - I see that you've suggested Chandra might have entrusted someone else to deal with stuff left in her apartment. But I can't see anyone traveling without ID.

art wrote, ...a "check" she could cash at an ATM machine...

But wouldn't her ATM card be in the apartment along with her ID and credit card(s)?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was. And she couldn't have cashed a check without id. This is why it is criminal for the DC police to speak of this as not a crime, just a missing person, when everything a person would need to survive was in her apartment. I'd like to see if Ramsey disappeared if everyone so nonchalantly would say he has the right to do that, there's no proof there's a crime.

Nope, you'd have a full scale hunt out for a kidnapper. Why? Because you wouldn't have a congressman saying he was distraught and obsessed, that's why. They'd act differently if it was one of their own. That should be a crime.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane, I am thinking that all the tapes would have shown was when she left the building, if she did not go out the back way. I suppose there were tapes in the back also.

Condit procedure was for Chandra to leave alone. Someone maybe picked her up at the curb. Well, if the tapes could have recorded what went on at the curb they might have seen her.

I don't think we need the tapes. Somebody has to investigate, instead of waiting for a break. There has to be less secrecy. There is very little need for secrecy. You would not give people's addresses, or phone numbers, but there is probably not much that could not be told to the public right away. Let the public look a little and think things out also.

The police should tell the public more about Condit's doctor. I don't know how much privacy Condit can actually claim either. Lawyers could probably argue over that. Condit is receiving, or will receive, both State and Feceral pensions. As a former government employee receiving pensions he should owe a little to the government.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn - about the back door at the Newport - tenants could go out to an enclosed courtyard that way, but couldn't leave the property.
benn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't pretend to be right all of the time, but at least I have some ideas. Maybe we should pester the police to give out more information.

Condit probably got a secrecy oath from the police when he was talking to them. That way he could use the police to cover up.

Well, I think time will help. I saw, or read, an English murder story once, and the case had not been brought to trial right away. Someone in the book, or play, kept saying that time works for the King.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane, I am thinking that with a key or card key Newport residenst were able to come and go through the back door by the mail room. Not sure why someone said using that door would keep a person from being seen by a security camera., as if it just covered the front door. I assumed typical security camera setup of a few cameras covering hallways. Was access limited to front door and one camera on the front door? That would be very surprising to me. I'll take a look at Edeline's statement again.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a back gate to the Newport patio that they have to have a key for:

From Where in the World is Chandra Levy:
August 3, 2001

• On Friday August 3rd ,in an exclusive online "Instant Message" Q & A session with Denis Edeline, co-owner of the condo in which Chandra Levy resided, he said in answer to some specific questions:
• "The front door is operated by the desk person. Tenants do not have keys or cards to the front door. They must be 'buzzed' in by the desk person. There is a back door to the building, anyone can walk out the door, but they must have a key to get back in. Once out the glass back door, you are in a gated patio area and you must have a key to get in and out of the back gate. Otherwise, one would have to climb over the back fence."
end quote

No additional info on where security camera(s) view within the Newport from Edeline's interview.

rd
art

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandra didn't need an ID. Take a look at these:
Justice department and Defense Department and Banks and whatever are big customers of Biopay and Biometrics
http://www.biometricscatalog.org/
http://www.biopay.com/banks.asp
http://www.biopay.com/banks.asp... McVeigh mentioned this one?

Too many to list here but just put biometrics in your web browser and have fun looking. This has been around for a long time, 1995 and before, especially in the D.C./ Virginia area for Government employees.
Also... which ID are we talking about? Her drivers' license or her Justice Department ID. You can go and do many things with a govt' ID. The military has a gov't ID that supersedes the driver's license anyday. I know, I work retail.
benn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art,I just had to apply for a photo I.D. card at the Department of Motor Vehicles. At the same time I turned in my drivers license, which had expired anyway.

I want to change a bank account, and to open a new bank account I have to have a photo id and some other id, two ids. I also want to close a bank account, and that bank has the same requirements, one photo id, and one other id, to close the bank account. Right now I can't open or close a bank account until I receive my photo id in the mail.

They would not require these ids if they were not necessary.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She lost her internship. She didn't have a government id anymore. Art sure wants her to have run away from DC for some reason. That was Condit's line, that Chandra left town by train.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I was going back and forth a little bit as to what Condit knew, and when he knew it, concerning what Chandra was telling her family. When did Condit know that Chandra's family knew about him, before Chandra disappeared, or after Chandra disappeared?

I was thinking if we work on this long enough I will send, or someone can send, some of the details of our discussions here to Joseph D. McNarara at Stanford University and the Hoover Institute.

Now I will have to look to see if aunt Linda talked first, before the Thomas story was silenced, or whether Linda talked afterwards. The FBI was covering some of the bases, but I don't know for whom.

I see what we need now, a detailed timeline, covering subjects the newspapers ignore. You may have such a timeline, but I don't

So we could list when Linda talked to the press, and we could list when the Thomas story came out, and when it was silenced, along with the "he explained it all" meeting, etc. No news article puts all of those things together, they are listed separately, usually at least.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. It's very complicated, and there's only bits and pieces in different articles, much of it conflicting. I have been doing a lot of research on the timeline per our recent discussions, and I'm working on it.

Linda talked to the police on May 15 with the Levy's. Condit didn't know that the police knew about him and Chandra until Zamsky went public just before August 1.

Of course, in the past some have suspected that Condit must have known that Chandra's family knew about him and Chandra when Chandra asked him about Jennifer Thomas, but in fact they didn't and I doubt Chandra asked in a way that involved her family.

OC told the police at the Levy's urging in mid June, was outed by the press around July 12, and retracted a week later.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone might have thought that they were silencing Chandra. I am just wondering if any other girl was silenced, but had not told anyone, including her family. No one would have given much attention to her, and never connected her to a public figure.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, Condit kept bringing Joyce Chiang's name up, or seemed to be referring to her. HerculePeroit put together a good case that Condit was likely to have worked with her on an immigration bill just after he and Joleen McKay broke up. Condit has no known girlfriends between then and Anne Marie Smith and Chandra in 2000. Joyce was said by her brother to have a secret boyfriend during that time, then she disappeared in January, 1999, and surfaced from the Anacostia River in April.

rd
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the websites she was looking at on 5-1-01 was the washington city paper. Maybe she was looking at the archives of Joyce Chiang.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: