www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some questions for former Rep. Gary Condit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's point number two, benn. Whether the police asked for the tapes or not, why did the building manager not save the tapes when a resident was missing? We know he wouldn't try to contact Chandra for her worried parents. We know the police wouldn't check on her even after her father filed a missing person's report until he had to tell them it could be a medical emergency. We know the police did nothing for months because there was no evidence of violence. It is very clear that making someone disappear completely paralyzes efforts to find the missing person. Apparently blood must run out from under a door before these dufuses can do anything.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...why did the building manager not save the tapes when a resident was missing?"

Evidently they did not have a plan. We are beginning to live in a soft society. That manager acts like a soft building manager. We have a manager where I live, and I noticed that someone I know had their shades down last week, and I did not know whether he was in there or not. The manager knows this person also, so we went to his apartment, and she opened it up. He was not there, so he was all right.

There are a lot of people who just do not seem to be socially responsible. Of course those were Condiminiums where Chandra lived, but I think in an emergency the manager could always go in.

Some people are sort of nuts about their privacy. Maybe they have something to hide in their apartments.

It has been about a year since Condit filed against Dunne in Condit's libel suit. It seems like there should be some movement there soon, either a trial or some talks to settle.

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that anyone really realized she was missing for a week or more and by then the tapes had taped over themselves. Surveillance systems that record can be set for a 24hr or 1 week taping. When the selected time period is up, then it rewinds and starts to tape again on the same tape unless you put a new tape in.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The building manager was begged by Dr. Levy to check on Chandra on May 3rd and 4th and 5th. He let the police in to check her apartment on the 6th. I think that would be a slight clue that a tenant is missing for most of us.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tapes had been recovered we could probably have seen Chandra leaving the front door--unless she went out the back door. We could have seen when she left, unless she went out the back door. I think there was a back door.

But the tapes were not recovered. No use worrying about them. There may be angles that we are not thinking of. There is no perfect crime.

It seems a little strange that there was no fifth interview, even if Condit did not want to answer questions. A fifth interview would have been after Chandra's remains were found. It could still happen, but the DC police seem to have given up. They probably have too many cases to solve.

If Condit refused to answer questions at least that would show something. Bill Clinton goes around and talks, but we do not see Gary talking to anyone.

This is a case for creative thinking. Maybe some day Carolyn will say something, or some of the former staff members, or others of Gary's family. There are motorcyclists who knew Gary. There are Congressmen who knew Gary.

benn
art

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly benn,
Even though Condit may have implied that Chandra was upset by not having her job.....investigators should not have been hanging on Condit looking for answers. If I had been the investigator..I would have put more stock into the man who made the extra set of keys, and the apartment manager/surveliiance camera. Those things would have been my first priority. I would have checked the trains, planes, and rental cars tickets leaving D.C. on May 1 thru the 7th.
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art - I get the impression that you do not think Condit had anything to do with this. Why?
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art, hindsight is easier than foresight. Searching all of those travel places would have found nothing.

The intimate friend is always a suspect. I would have searched Condit's apartment the first week. Police Chief Ramsey has said he did ask for a search warrant, but he did not say exactly when. The DA did not get the search warrant. It was 11 weeks from May 1 before Abbee Lowell told the police that they could search Condit's apartment.

A search warrant would have been good then also because there were some pants that Condit would not let the police have. Probably most of the information that Condit told the police could have been told to the public also. Whether Condit wanted secrecy, or the police wanted secrecy, none of their secrecy found Chandra. i do not see how secrecy can help to find a missing person, because the police need the help of the public.

In fact the police always need the help of the public, so the more secrecy by the police the less help they will get from the public.

benn
art

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie,
I think Condit did have something to do with Chandra's disappearance but not in an up close personal way. Like the Levy's said, he knows something? And if he knows something and all the investigations aren't producing any evidence that would make him quilty then there is some other reason for the Grand Jury to sit on this case. Someone else is the guilty party to the crime but it isn't being revealed. Clinton was guilty and impeached within months???? So what gives? Look at all the other Congressman, such as Traficant, and the one who just got in an accident and killed a person, he's been arraigned and off to court already. Forgive me, I don't remember his name at the moment.
And benn why wouldn't checking all those traveling tickets produce one less avenue to follow. Because if, it had been found, that Chandra bought a train ticket to Detroit MI or she rented a car from D.C. to Detroit, MI that would tell me that she left D.C. on perhaps May 1 or 2 and was traveling across country. Then, if she was somewhere else besides Rock Creek or D.C., her being missing would have to involve other places and other people. Don't you think? If I remember right, Luray Va was in this picture? Maybe Chandra rented a car in D.C., then traveled to Luray VA, to visit Condit or someone else before continuing on to Modesto CA for her graduation. A last goodbye, especially if the wife was in town. Remember, she had 9 days to get to Modesto. And if the police can't do such a simple investigation of tickets then what can they do?????
art

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also benn,
By May 6th, the police had searched Chandra's computer emails and her mother had already received an email, about trains and plane tickets. They knew she was going to leave town to come home. My first thought is to check the travel tickets, ....then other things, that way I can establish a plan of where to go looking for suspects.
art

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also,
Aunt Zamsky said that Chandra was "non-commital". Then her indecision to give her parents her travel plans plays into her non commitment. Chandra was probably a very independent person.....someone that wouldn't be fooled into doing something she didn't want to do. Unless like here father, said, in the Aug 10, 2001 interview with Stone Phillips, she met with evil. Perhaps, Chandra was planning to drive home to Modesto, she knew she could stop in Luray Va for a day and be in Detroit or Chicago by May 5. She would stop to visit friends in Chicago and call her parents from there, to let them know she was driving home or perhaps catching a plane at the O'Hare airport???? All very possible. She just needed a small packpack of clothes, her keys and a "check" she could cash at an ATM machine. The rest of her stuff in the apartment was probably being sent to Modesto through a shipping company. And she left this task to someone she knew in D.C. She needed some time to think about what she was going to do about the rest of her life, jobs, graduation, maybe boyfriends and whatever else might be bothering her.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you think a boyfriend should not be questioned when his girlfriend disappears, but you seem to be saying that.

Also, two corrections. The police of course did check every train station, car rental, bus lines, and airlines in those first two weeks because quite frankly Condit led them to believe she ran away, and they were looking for how she left. Their results at not finding any tickets bought and her credit cards unused was widely reported. You can't rent a car without a credit card.

Also, the police were not able to look at Chandra's emails till they got a subpeona for her ISP. That was well after the May 6 date you give. They also didn't even take her computer out of her apartment by May 6.

I thought blondie's question was good and your answer interesting. You essentially are saying Condit was framed, I guess. Well perhaps, but if the information you're posting is wrong, I don't see why the conclusion wouldn't be just as wrong.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art, the Washington Police had offers from volunteers with dogs who would have helped the police search, but the police turned them away. The volunteers were evidently trained to do that kind of searching.,

They had all of those policemen marching around in Rock Creek Park searching, but a few people with dogs could have done a much better job.

Also a Stanislaus County law enforcement officer, I think he was a Sheriff's detective, was sent to Washington to help in the search, and the DC police promptly sent him home.

The FBI has said that Otis Thomas lied, but they have never proved that he lied. Looks like coverup for a Congressman.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art, if Chandra was on her way home she would have taken her belongings with her because she was leaving Washington. She had no reason to stay there, and she would have taken everything that she owned with her. Instead a lot of it was neatly packed in her apartment.

What did Condit say when "he explained it all?"

What was "the big news?"

benn
jane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Newport surveilance tape - it had a 10-day taping cycle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: