www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some questions for former Rep. Gary Condit.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Some questions for former Rep. Gary Condit. Reply with quote

There are a lot of odds and ends of the Chandra Levy murder investigation that have not been answered but which really are not far from being answered. Here are some hypothetical questions that could possibly be asked of former Rep. Gary Condit in a fifth interview by the police. One question I have myself, which involves the police and not the former Congressman, is Why couldn't Stanislaus County law enforcement agencies be involved in the Chandra Levy investigation since many of the principals in the case reside in Stanislaus County? Here are some other questions for the police to ask.

Questions for Gary Condit in a fifth interview.

Mr. Condit, Chandra had a talk with you about a week before she disappeared.

1. What did Chandra tell you about Jennifer Thomas?

2. Whom did Chandra say that she got her information from?

3. Mr. Condit, what did you tell Chandra about Jennifer Thomas?

4. Mr. Condit, Chandra told her mother that you explained it all. What did she mean by that?

5. Mr. Condit, you never talked to any of the families of the women that you dated while you were married to Carolyn, what did you think about Chandra talking to her family about you? Or did she say that she had talked to her family about you?

ben
art

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: too many questions lost Reply with quote

benn,
Another guestion or two to ask....not just Condit but his associates and the investigating teams...especially the FBI.
1. Where were you, Condit and your associates, from April 1 to May 11 thru May 17 of 2001?
2. Why was the FBI the only investigators allowed until Billy Martin started his own investigation. Why was Chandra's body found in Rock Creek D.C. , where the FBI has jurisdiction over the case and not somewhere else where the local police would be involved in the investigation? How cozy?
Too much time was spent on Condit and the affairs and not enough time on other leads...as Chandra's aunt and family have stated....they left the investigation in the hands of the D.C. police and FBI and the Levy's were not told about the investigation.....that's too scary. too much time spent, carelessly looking for nothing.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art wrote, Why was Chandra's body found in Rock Creek D.C. , where the FBI has jurisdiction over the case and not somewhere else where the local police would be involved in the investigation?

I've never heard before that the FBi, and not the D.C. Metropolitan Police, have jurisdiction of Rock Creek Park.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. The US Park Service has jurisdiction. When the turtle hunter found the skull, he called the Park Service. The Park Service called in the DC police, probably the FBI as well, although FBI wasn't quoted at the scene as far as I know.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

art wrote, Too much time was spent on Condit and the affairs and not enough time on other leads...

There would have been no time wasted by LE on the affairs if Condit had been honest. The main reason they had to question him so many times was because he was trying to keep information from them - he only revealed what he knew they already knew.

In the beginning, Condit tried to persuade LE that Chandra was not a bright, healthy, happy young woman but rather a pathetic, disturbed, obsessed individual who might likely have committed suicide.

Other affairs were relevant because the behaviours Condit exhibited in them could corroborate what Chandra's aunt and friends said (such as, he demanded secrecy) or not. Turns out, Joleen's, Jennifer's (alleged) and Anne Marie's descriptions of their experiences with Condit were similar in many ways to aspects of Chandra's relationship with Condit, as described by her relatives and friends.

As has been said many times, those closest to missing persons are the first suspects. If they care about helping find the missing person, they cooperate with LE so they can be eliminated as suspects and the actual perpetrator can be pursued.

There is some controversy over the validity of polygraphs - some experts say they are valid, some say not. So what? If you're innocent and you want LE to know it, you'll submit to one.

The problem really isn't that LE concentrated too much on Condit. It's that they took so long to classify Chandra as a victim of foul play and that they treated Condit with kid gloves when questioning him and waited so long to search his premises and subpoenae his records.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talked to him for 15 minutes and then nearly two months after Chandra disappeared:

St. Petersburg Times

Missing intern; media frenzy
By MARY JACOBY
© St. Petersburg Times,
published June 23, 2001

The coverage reached a new pitch this week when Levy's parents flew to Washington from their home in Modesto, Calif., to publicly press Rep. Gary Condit for help in solving the mystery of Levy's disappearance.

Police say Condit, a Democrat from the Modesto suburb of Ceres, is not a suspect, though they have been trying for several days to schedule a second interview with him about Levy.

end quote

[sarcasm] yeah, the police spent way too much time with Condit. [/sarcasm]

rd
art

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"spent too much time with Condit!"
yes they did........no one else was even looked at as a suspect....gee weez....the real murderer could have been right in front of everyone's nose and not even suspected....Condit didn't get questioned until weeks later....he took a lie detector test by an ex-FBI agent provided by his lawyer. The Park Service is a gov't department so the FBI and Park Service are one in the same.... just a different office, they did great job of searching the park but nothing else, until it was too late.....And Condit was on the media front as soon as the Thomas story hit the papers....so affairs were covering up the other leads...wasting time!!!!!
art

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some criminals are pretty slick...they can control their emotions when taking a lie detector test. I sure hope that all those people who pass the lie detector test are not let off the suspect list...Lord have mercy...and the news rhetoric about Chandra being suicidal and obsessed and all that...I don't think those things were said by Condit, but implied by the bad journalism of today.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lie detector test is a tool. It's one part of an investigation. What one says is as important as whether you pass a lie detector test saying it.

some defenders of criminals are pretty slick, too. They like to generate obscure statements and get a kick out of people setting the record straight. Sort of like bad journalism without the journalism.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, art. Joleen Argentini McKay, Anne Marie Smith, Chandra's friends and relatives are liars. Polygraph tests are bunk (except for the special one Condit took). The media were just out to get Condit. A whole pile of people have to be trashed to make Condit smell good. Simpler and more honest to admit he's not such a great guy. A murderer? Who knows? Did he obstruct the search for Chandra and the search for her killer(s)? Definitely.
benn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will finally get in here. I was enjoying reading everyone's messages. Condit was saying, I think in the first week, that the police had a warrant to search Chandra's apartment, or were going to get one, so that the next time they went into the apartment they could remove some items for evidence, if they wanted to.

What Condit did not say is that the police could search his apartment also if they wanted to. Of course the police could have requested a warrant, rd says they did, but no warrant was obtained by the DA. Political interference right from the start.

Also Condit was saying that all the attention should be on finding Chandra. One reason for giving some attention to any suspects is that the suspects might know where the missing person is. It seems like if you want to find the missing person you also check all of the suspects.

Condit was saying that he was talking to the people who were in charge of the investigation. What was so important that he was saying that he could not have told the public also what he was telling the police?

All of that police secrecy is probably not necessary. I will quote a policeman's policeman, Joseph D. McNamara, Ph.D., a Fellow at Hoover Institute which is located on the Stanford University campus: "Yet the basic lesson remains: The public has a right to know. The old police mythology of withholding information is more likely to impede than aid in solving crimes. An informed, law-abiding citizenry is policing's most valuable asset."

When the police keep everything secret they may be impeding the investigation.

benn
art

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you benn,
I'm not defending Condit..... but I am saying too much time was spent on Condit. They searched Rock Creek park only because it was close to Chandra's apartment and Condit's. Why not search other things like the surveillance tape in Chandra's apartment right away not two weeks later? And if they knew she was returning home by her e-mails to her mother, then why not check the trains, the rental cars, and the plane tickets? You aren't going to hang around the park if you're going to go home. Granted, Condit would be the first suspect but it seems to me there were many other suspects. There are two reasons to pass a polygraph test. One is that your are innocent and two..... you have no conscience.
art

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't tell any more than you have to... if your butt is in the sling. Why do you think the Grand Jury was set up? The public isn't to know what the true evidence is because it involves a whole lot more than Chandra having an affair with Condit. The other affairs were put to the news for the fact of covering the tracks for awhile until things got organized ...so to speak. Always good to put more coal in the stove with the affairs. Even Susan Levy, on the Larry King interview April 30, 2002, kind of backed off from the Thomas story and even the Condit involvement....other than to say....that they thought he knew something about Chandra being missing? Now you tell me, that sounds like something else going on behind closed doors? Sorry, but you can't convince me otherwise.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real tragedy is just why the DC police didn't look at the Newport surveillance tapes. They were told that Chandra was obsessed with Condit and distraught because he had to quit taking her phone calls. In other words, what they were told by Condit led the police to suspect that Chandra had run away.

Had Condit told the police what he told the reporters in interviews three months later, the police would have had a completely different description of Chandra with which to work. Her disappearance would have been under suspicious circumstances, and they would have been more aggressive about investigating her apartment as a crime scene. There is only Condit to thank for misleading the police and only changing his story two months later when he found out that Chandra had not kept his secret as he had demanded. We can see now the reason why he demanded that secrecy. Plausible denial.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, the surveillance cameras at Chandra's apartment house have been mentioned. I have a connected episode. I was working in kind of a high profile public non-profit company, and they had a couple of computers stolen. There was a lot of important personal information on the computers I guess, but the cost of the computers at that time was only about $5,000. Losing the records was the worst part of the theft.

They did not seem to have many surveillance cameras, so they put in a new system. Then in a short time they had a couple of VCRs stolen, in broad daylight. The guy must have been a drug addict to be so bold. They weren't worth very much.

But I wanted to see how the new surveillance cameras had worked. I asked the plant manager, or building manager, about the cameras. They were supposed to be on 24 hours a day, and each tape lasted about three days.

Here is the clincher. The building manager said: "Oh, there weren't any tapes in the cameras."

I don't know. I don't think they wanted to catch anyone, that might be bad publicity. At that place the chili cookout seemed to be more important than the business of the company. I think I have told that story here before. I guess all of us don't know what we have to do to be politically correct. I don't know what politically correct is, but that non-profit business had different ideas than I had. Maybe the manager at Chandra's apartment house did not care too much about the cameras or the tapes.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: