www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chandra Levy Disappearance and Murder: Two Years Now (2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: The Chandra Levy Disappearance and Murder: Two Years Now (2) Reply with quote

I am sitting at the picnic table at #18. Where Chandra was found is behind me and over the hill. The reporting has just been pathetic when you take a look at what she was supposed to have done to get here to be attacked, how isolated this spot is when the nature center is closed, and how many people, horses, and dogs would have had to be totally oblivious to the corpse over the side of the hill.

Let's just put it this way. I found out I'm not the only one who thinks she was brought back here and dumped after the searches ended.

More details when I have a chance. I'm going back down over the hill again to Broad Branch. I want to see what a turtle hunter and his dog would see from down there.

I found a map that has everything marked, this will do fine.

X1 marks the spot where Chandra was found, and where I found the orange stake. The green path is Western Ridge Trail, which is essentially a horse trail and hiking path up this steep hill off in the woods running alongside the park road to the Nature Center.

As you pass picnic area 18, there's a dotted line where the horse trail continues on uphill and Western Ridge Trail becomes hiking only, or No Horses. The trail dips downward just before turning sharply uphill. It is at that point, at X2, that Chandra was found straight down the side of the slope 238 feet. It is another 283 feet on downhill from where she was found to Broad Branch Road.

X7 is about at the top of the sheer rock cliff set back from the creek along Broad Branch Road. There is a large ravine running up the hill in between X7 and X1, and an even larger ravine on the other side in between X1 and picnic table 18. X1 is not the most inaccessible spot, for example, the area between X1 and 18 is very rough. But X1 appears to have been chosen based on the ability to drop downhill from the path and get back up fairly quickly. The more inaccessible sides of the ravines would take much longer to traverse.

The purple lines are walking paths up the side of the hill from Broad Branch. Path is a generous term here. It is little more than worn down footprints around logs and rocks. The start of the path is at X8 at the corner of Grant and Broad Branch. The creek channel running along Broad Branch is very wide and deep, but the water is that of a small creek. The path runs along the hill above the creek like walking on a wall above a sidewalk. The path is just wide enough to walk on and ten feet above the creek. It is also in plain view of traffic on the road.

One walks along the top of the creek for at least 300 feet before coming to the sheer cliff where the path goes uphill sharply. You can see another purple line coming up from the other side. This is coming up the side of the hill on the other side of the cliff. Notice how the path stops alongside the creek below X1. That is how inaccessible Chandra's site was from below at the creek.

At the top of the cliff the path heads on uphill at a slant across the side of the hill. It is not an easily seen path to follow. If X7 is where the sunglasses were found, then that would be near the top of the cliff in some bushes just off the path. It would be problematic, though, because she would have then have had to have been dragged down into a ravine and up a very steep, slippery side to the other side to X1.

If the sunglasses were found at X2, then they were lost as she was being pulled downhill off the main trail. This I would expect no matter how they were lost. I'm not sure what X7 marks, but whatever it is, it will be hard to explain.

I found scr's pictures of the site and will post them here. scr is registered, be nice if he could comment. His info was invaluable to us understanding the news accounts of finding Chandra last year. Here are the pictures he posted:

the No Horses trail above

going down the hill

seeing the flags from below by the ravine

the log to the left where one flag is

a close look at the hollow where she was found

thanks for pictures, scr.

As far as Guandique goes, I think what we have to do is emphasize what the police have overlooked; that this location is based on ease of access by car to remote woods. There are more remote spots, but they aren't next to a backup drive for unloading horses as there is next to picnic area 18. Not only is this spot easy to drive up to, it is ideal for pulling off the road into the trees and unloading something unseen after dusk when the park is closed.

It is remarkable that the police didn't emphasize that aspect of where Chandra was found. It is as if they completely ruled out Chandra being dumped in the park. Statistics show that almost all bodies found in the park are dumped there. And this is next to the most convenient spot for driving up and dumping a body you could ever imagine.

I'm sorry to say nanci that I didn't take any pictures. I took my camera with me but the battery was dead and I never ended up buying a replacement for it on the way. It turns out that I would have taken a whole bunch of pictures of the wrong places as I was lost half the time. It wasn't until I came up to picnic table 17 and reread searches on finding her body a second time that I was able to go back down and find the orange stake and flags, and that was only after I decided to search the ravines and saw the flags up above.

That dang Ramsey and his base of the cliff nonsense threw me off big time. I was all over that cliff thinking that it was meant to make her look like she fell off accidentally or jumped off to commit suicide, and quite frankly depending on what X7 is supposed to mark there still may be something to that as it looks like X7 is at the top of the 70 foot cliff.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
benn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that in Scotland they have three sentences. Guilty, Not Guilty, and Not Proven Guilty. I guess that third sentence would allow a suspect to be tried again. I will have to look that up some more.

A partial solution might be to pay Prosecutors more money. A lot of prosecutors seem to move on to something else after they have been prosecutors for a while.

Here is part of an article I purchased from the LA Times. They are so mumbo jumbo in their contracts that I won't post it all. (fair use) I don't even know if they recognize fair use.

This is from a long article. I have read parts of this article in many places, but I purchased this to get the whole story. (fair use)

>>>THE NATION; THE ROOTS OF A SCANDAL; Condit: From Success to Scandal; Profile: Years before his affair with missing intern Chandra Levy became public, the ambitious politician was the subject of rumors.:[Home Edition]
MARK ARAX, STEPHEN BRAUN. The Los Angeles Times. (Record edition).Los Angeles, Calif.: Jul 16, 2001. pg. A.1(snip)

Two other purported affairs, one with a 39-year-old airline flight attendant and the other involving a then-18-year-old African American Modesto girl, who later gave birth to a mixed race child and withheld the identity of the white father, have now come to light. Condit's intimates and longtime enemies are now buzzing about more liaisons, more deceptions to be unveiled, more troubling consequences.<<<

The story of this affair coming out (with a child involved) through Otis Thomas, Susan Levy, and Chandra, might have been the final straw that broke the Camel's back and put Congressman Condit into action.

In reading news stories about Condit I don't remember reading hardly anthing about a motive. A mugger in Rock Creek Park would have had very little chance of seeing Chandra jogging there (if she ever did jog there), and a mugger would have very little motive except money, or rape, for murdering her. But a Congressman who sees her several times weekly, and who could lose very much if his affair with Chandra became publicized, would have a lot of motive to get her out of the way if she began talking. Maybe the news stories imply this, but not many of them say anything.

I have read enough of these Otis Thomas stories now to just think that the FBI fumbled the whole thing. The FBI should never have been out in California on this case in the first place. The local authorities should have been doing the investigating there.

There is something wrong in Washington, maybe mental blocks. If I lived there I might have some mental blocks myself.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Washington Post (fair use)

D.C. Coroner Placed on Leave
Harassment, Bias Alleged

By Craig Timberg
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 23, 2003

D.C. Chief Medical Examiner Jonathan L. Arden was put on administrative leave yesterday after a report by the inspector general blasted his management and five of his deputies pressed allegations of sexual harassment, racial discrimination and dereliction of duty.

Among the claims by the deputies, all of whom are women, is that Arden so distrusted his female subordinates that he caused an unnecessary delay in identifying the city's sole sniper victim in the early hours of that investigation a year ago. They contend that Arden refused requests by police to conduct a rare nighttime autopsy of suspected sniper victim Pascal Charlot and was out of the office on personal business for much of the following day as the deputies established a connection and urged his prompt return.

Arden disputed that he mishandled the sniper case and other allegations yesterday but also prepared for the possibility of resigning in the next several days. "I don't think I'm going to be the chief medical examiner much longer," he said.

In the report by Inspector General Charles C. Maddox, one of the 74 recommendations to improve the troubled office was for the medical examiner to develop the ability to do autopsies round-the-clock, but it does not fault Arden in the incident.

A separate investigation by the D.C. Office of Corporation Counsel concluded in June that Arden created a hostile work environment for women by belittling and berating them, according to a confidential memo. The report details several occasions in which the subordinates were moved to tears by Arden's criticism and what they perceived as threats to fire them.

It also found that Arden may have violated constitutional equal protection rights by supposedly favoring medical students for training from mostly white Georgetown and George Washington universities over students from mostly black Howard University.

Arden, 49, who came highly touted to D.C. government from New York City five years ago, characterized the allegations as a mixture of falsehoods and incidents taken out of context.

"I did create an environment that was demanding. I came to be an agent of change. I came to a place that was in total disarray," Arden said in an interview. "There were people who didn't like my methods. This is not the same thing as creating a truly hostile environment, not the same thing as sexual harassment, neither of which I did."

He said he had no intention of discouraging students from Howard but dealt with the medical schools that were aggressive in seeking to place students.

On the sniper case, Arden said that conducting the autopsy at night, when police first called, could have imperiled evidence collection and would have saved no more than two hours. The next morning, he said, he checked the body at 7:30, assigned a coroner, then returned to the office from personal business after the autopsy revealed that the homicide probably was connected to the series of killings last October.

Arden makes $165,000 a year and oversees an office with a budget of $6 million and 50 full-time employees.

D.C. Council member Kathy Patterson (D-Ward 3) said she had urged Williams to fire Arden in June, citing numerous complaints. A hearing Thursday by the Judiciary Committee, which she chairs, will focus on Arden's handling of the office.

Mayor Anthony A. Williams (D), whose acting city administrator put Arden on leave, said yesterday, "Any allegation of this kind we take very, very seriously."

Maddox's report detailed numerous shortcomings in policy, procedure, training and safety in the medical examiner's office. One lab had to be closed because of dangerous fumes. Autopsy odors permeated public areas of the office. And dozens of bodies were sitting in the morgue unclaimed, some dating back three years. Investigators came across an unlabeled, open cardboard box of human bones.

The five subordinates who have complained about Arden's conduct are all deputy medical examiners: Sarah Colvin, Constance DiAngelo, Lois Goslinoski, Gertrude Juste and Marie Pierre-Louis.

In testimony prepared for Patterson's hearing, the subordinates detailed alleged harassment and discrimination by Arden and his alleged mishandling of the sniper case.

They intend to file complaints to the D.C. Office of Human Rights and the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission today.

D.C. Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey said he could not recall a delay in the autopsy and expressed doubt that it affected the investigation. The report by the inspector general, however, quotes an unnamed officer saying that the rapid extraction of bullet fragments might have allowed officers on the scene to establish the bullet's trajectory and helped in the search for shell casings.

Staff writer David A. Fahrenthold contributed to this report.

© 2003 The Washington Post Company

end quote
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And dozens of bodies were sitting in the morgue unclaimed, some dating back three years. Investigators came across an unlabeled, open cardboard box of human bones."

well, we know one body that was trying to be claimed for a year, and couldn't be.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is outrageous! This incompetent is the medical examiner responsible for identifying Chandra's remains, determining the cause of death, ensuring that the remains were handled properly, and perhaps ensuring they were turned over to the family at the earliest date possible.

If autopsy smells were permeating public areas of the building, you can bet that proper protocol wasn't being followed. Who knows what effect this incompetence may have had on Chandra's case and other murder and missing person cases?
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article mentions Arden being absent for personal business. Remember, he testified as an expert witness in the girlfriend-in-trunk case - rather than ensuring his full-time, important job was done properly, he took time away for other pursuits. This is inexcusable.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that Lee, Baden, and Wecht did have a chance to examine the remains before the burial.
benn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think California law enforcement authorities should re-examine the Chandra Levy murder investigation. I posted a ModBee article this morning that has as its subject, domestic violence.

With so many case records of domestic violence to just let the close intimate of Chandra Levy, former Congressman Gary Condit, walk away as a "innocent" man is unrealistic. Now that Gary Condit is living in different legal jurisdictions he should be re-examined by those jurisdictions. Sex offenders are supposed to be given close examination, shouldn't possible sex offenders also be give some examination?

I see no reason why the Levy forensic team could not have been allowed to examine the remains under much more favorable conditions than they were allowed to. One reason criminals get away with so much is because they have lawyers representing them. The State also has lawyers representing the State, but the victim does not get all of the legal assistance that the prosecution and the defense get. The Levys hired an attorney for Chandra, but we have certainly not heard much from him. He should have been arguing for a better investigation. He did not. Can we say that maybe even the victim's family have given up on the investigation. Why isn't Chandra being given some legal representation? Billy Martin could have been putting more pressure on Arden to get Chandra's remains examined by the private forensic team.

Martin should be trying now to get the Chandra Levy investgation reopened in California and Arizona.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://writ.corporate.findlaw.com/hilden/20020527.html

----
THE TRAGIC MIS-INVESTIGATION OF CHANDRA LEVY'S DISAPPEARANCE:
How The Discovery Of Her Remains Underlines Police Incompetence
By JULIE HILDEN
julhil@aol.com
----
Monday, May. 27, 2002

Even now that Chandra Levy's remains have been found, D.C. Police Chief Charles Ramsey is still asserting that "we have to determine if in fact she was murdered." Ramsey's obtuseness is hardly surprising, given that ever since Levy disappeared, he has maintained that her case is merely a missing persons investigation.

At the time of Levy's disappearance, one might have wondered, when, exactly, her case would become a murder investigation. Perhaps when Levy's body was found? But silly us - now we learn that even the discovery of Levy's remains is not enough, in Ramsey's eyes, to transform the investigation into what it should have been from the very start: a homicide case.

Ramsey has faulted his critics as "ill-informed." But what information was it that we didn't know - or that we thought we knew, but turned out to be false? And there's a crucial piece of information Ramsey didn't know until a private citizen's turtle-seeking dog revealed it: The location of Levy's remains. Certainly, the label "ill-informed" is better applied to Ramsey than his critics.

The Park Should Have Been Searched Repeatedly, Recently, and Thoroughly

A spokesman for the D.C. U.S. Attorney's office tried to justify the missteps of Ramsey and other officials by claiming that authorities did not know for certain, until Levy's remains were discovered, that she was in the park. "Obviously, things have changed now," the spokesman said.

But they actually haven't changed that much. Authorities knew that on the day of her disappearance, Levy had searched the Internet for information as to the location of the Klingle Mansion in D.C.'s Rock Creek Park. She had also checked out information for a Baskin Robbins located to the north of her on Connecticut Avenue, on the way to the park.

Accordingly, if authorities didn't know she was actually in the park that day, they at least knew that she was overwhelmingly likely to have visited it. The park was therefore the obvious place to search, and as was proper, they searched the park - but apparently, not well enough .

Ramsey has tried to defend his investigation by noting that Levy's remains were in a secluded area, under a foot of underbrush. But of course, secluded areas, not well-traveled ones, were the very places a body was likely to be hidden - so shouldn't the least accessible areas have been searched first? Also, this particular secluded area was reportedly not far from the Klingle mansion - Levy's probable destination the day she disappeared.

Underbrush ought to not have deterred sharp-nosed police dogs. (Certainly, it did not deter the dog that finally found Levy's remains.) Levy's bones were scattered, perhaps by animals, over a wide area. If her remains could later have been unearthed by animals or weather, then they could not have been buried that deeply or carefully in the first place. Sharp-nosed dogs searching in the right places likely could have found them from day one.

Reports suggest that the man whose dog found Levy's remains merely swept away loose dirt and leaves to uncover them - evidence of a very shallow grave or, indeed, no grave at all. Ramsey says there weren't enough dogs to search the park at the time - but if so, why not do a community sweep with all of D.C.'s dog lovers participating ? One could hardly send a stronger sign that crimes will be doggedly investigated in the District.

Executive Assistant Police Chief Terrance Gainer's explanations as to why Levy's body was not found are even weaker than Ramsey's: He said that because common practice is to only scour 100 yards from public areas, Levy's remains fell into a gap between two of the 100 yard search areas. Even if this is common practice, it is a stupid one, and should be changed.

Again, any murderer would know that the further a body was hidden from public areas, the better. And even if every inch of the park could not be searched, a circular area with the Klingle mansion at its center certainly should have been.

Taking a different tack, Ramsey has also tried to defend his initial search by claiming that the body might have been dumped in the park after that search was conducted, in succeeding months. But any murderer who would dispose of a body in that park - already the focus of scrutiny in the case - would have to be self-sabotaging to the extreme. (Even Congressman Gary Condit, who sabotaged himself by openly throwing out what may have been relevant evidence - so that a bystander observed and reported the incident - had the presence of mind to go out to Virginia to find a dumpster rather than staying in the District.)

It would have been hard, and perhaps unwise, for a murderer to try to get a body out of Rock Creek Park after he had killed Levy there - suggesting the need for a careful search. And it would have been equally difficult and unwise to get her body back into the park if he had killed her somewhere else - suggesting that the idea that the body was dumped there later is very implausible indeed.

Finally, repeat searches should have been conducted. It has recently been disclosed that after Levy disappeared, on May 30, 2001, there were subsequent "stalker" assaults in the park in May and July against women joggers. These assaults should have put the authorities on even stronger notice that another search of the park might be their best bet to find Levy.

The Likelihood Of Murder Existed From The Start

Why search repeatedly? Because this was not just another missing persons investigation - it was also a murder investigation, and it should have been called by its right name.

Two factors made it very unlikely Levy was merely missing. One was that she disappeared after looking up directions, probably so she could visit, and perhaps go jogging in, the very park where a stalker subsequently assaulted two joggers. Another was that she had been involved with a married Congressman, and she reportedly had big news to tell her relatives relating to him - although what that was, we now will never know.

When a woman disappears just after she either might have crossed a stalker's path, or given her married lover motive to kill her, you can be reasonably sure her disappearance is not just an impromptu vacation. Remember, too, that Levy had never been prone to sudden disappearances - she kept in reasonably close touch with relatives and friends - nor had she reportedly seemed, to anyone who knew her, suicidally depressed, or even, at the time, depressed at all.

Debate over whether Levy was probably killed by the stalker, the Congressman, or someone else entirely is very reasonable now. Debate as to whether she was probably killed is not. Accordingly, recent reports that Levy may have been bound when she died cannot be very surprising to any close observer of this case.

Police and Prosecutors Have Lost Crucial Advantages Through Delay

One might argue that all this argumentation about how, and how many times, the park should have been searched is moot - now that Levy's remains have been found. But the time that elapsed between Levy's disappearance and the discovery of her body means that evidence has been lost, with forensic conclusions much more difficult to make. What might have been a body is now a set of scattered bones. Was Levy assaulted or raped? It will be far more difficult to tell.

Not only has delay hampered forensics, but another, less obvious advantage that police and prosecutors might once have exploited now also has been lost. Earlier in the investigation, Gary Condit, already in office and preparing to run for reelection, therefore was bound to explain himself and cooperate with police.

Accordingly, (as I explained in a column last year), Condit effectively had been unable to invoke his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent, and his Fourth Amendment right to demand a warrant before his apartment was searched. Now a private citizen, he can, and likely will, invoke his full set of rights.

Indeed, there are signs Condit may even go on the offensive, demanding further investigation of the Rock Creek Park stalker. For instance, his attorney, Mark Geragos, has started to criticize the D.C. police - noting that the day Levy's remains were found was hardly a "red-letter day" for them.

Last year, the discovery of Levy's body would have been the last thing Condit wanted, and he would never have dared - through his attorney or otherwise - to criticize the police investigation so harshly. Condit is less accountable to the public than he once was, and as a result, the investigation could suffer even more than it already has.

For a police department to have an unsolved case is no shame; some are too difficult to investigate. But for a police department to play such a strong role in the fact that a case is unsolved is a very different matter. Chandra Levy deserved better, and D.C. residents do, too.

The Terrorism Threat Underlines the Need For a New D.C. Police Chief

Critics have been correct to call the D.C. police's investigation of the Levy case incompetent. And as a nation, this should matter a great deal to us - not only because every murder matters, but also because these are the police who will help protect against and investigate terrorist attacks in our nation's capital.

While any terrorist threats, attacks, or conspiracies will no doubt be federal crimes handled by the FBI, CIA, and Secret Service, the D.C. police will be an inevitable, day-to-day backstop in making sure D.C. is secure. If they can't properly search Rock Creek Park, can they properly protect the entire District?

It's time for a new police chief for D.C. - not because this single, high profile case, sad as it is, is so overwhelmingly important, but because our capital is.

This case has provided a window into the D.C. police. It is a window through which anyone who cares to, can see that the current chief is not up to the task of policing the crucial ten-mile-square area that is the heart of our country - a task ever more important since September 11.

What Do You Think? Message Boards

Julie Hilden, a FindLaw columnist and a graduate of Yale Law School, is a freelance writer and the author of the memoir "The Bad Daughter." She practiced First Amendment law as an associate at the Washington, D.C. firm of Williams & Connolly from 1996-99. <<<

benn
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief Ramsey has been criticized as incompetent - now it looks as though D.C.'s chief medical examiner is incompetent and negligent. So I guess it's no surprise that justice for Chandra is so long coming.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good find, benn. I will have to read this over more carefully. I remember emailing Julie and asking her if she wanted to join the board, but she had some project deadlines she had to meet.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a transcript at dcwatch of a 2001 news conference with the AG and Chief Ramsey - here's an excerpt about Chandra:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attorney General News Conference
with DC Mayor Anthony Williams and DC Police Chief Charles Ramsey
June 13, 2001

Q General Ashcroft?

ATTY GEN. ASHCROFT: Yes?

Q In the Chandra Levy case, what can you tell us about the FBI's involvement in -- (off mike)?

ATTY GEN. ASHCROFT: I'm not prepared to make any comment on that case today.

Q And Chief Ramsey, are you able to speak to what you're doing today as far as the Chandra Levy investigation?

CHIEF RAMSEY: The investigation is continuing. In fact, I spoke with the sheriff out in Modesto, California, today just to see if there was anything new on that end. There isn't. It's still an ongoing missing person investigation. The FBI has worked very hard with us because of the fact that this involves not only someone who was employed by the Bureau of Prisons, but also we're talking about her -- she traveled back and forth between California and a lot of the witnesses are spread out all over the country.

So we really have nothing new to report and, again, encourage people to give us a call if they have any information.

Q Thank you.

http://www.dcwatch.com/police/010613b.htm
benn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you too jane, for the Chief Ramsey story. There was a thank you near the end of the story. By the time I finished writing this rd had the Arden article posted.

Well, I could write to Chief Ramsey, but I wonder what he would do with anything I wrote to him. They got rid of the Otis Thomas story, and some newspapers came out saying the police thought that there was no NO ID rule.

I wrote to Julie at least once rd, and she answered. I was trying to get her to investigate the Chandra Levy case more, but all those writers have their priorities.

I wrote to a newsgroup yesterday where a website was selling a photo of Connie Chung, as well as other collectables. I will have to get back there and see if I got any replies about Chung.

No matter how much money some of those people make I think in some atmospheres some of them can be encouraged to take some favors in return for other favors. I read a book about an attorney in Florida who had a lot of the procedures down for getting favors from the system, such as playing golf with the judges.

He finally became a defense attorney and ended up getting too close to the criminals he was defending. He got a long prison sentence but got out after about five years and started a Prison Ministry. There were a lot of little ways of mixing up investigations and trials, maybe getting someone to mix up the evidence.

So Arden did not want to let the Levy Forensic Team look too closely at the remains. Why?

That is the reason we need more recall elections. Too much graft and greed in government.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe such medieval conditions exist in the U.S. in the 21st century? You'd think with a $6 million budget the situation could have been improved. But good leadership is essential, and apparently it was something Arden couldn't or wouldn't provide.

Ever since I saw the guy who examined Nicole Simpson's remains testify at OJ's trial, I've been aware that the autopsy/pathologist field can sure attract weirdos (remember him? He had a strangely appropriate name, too - but I can't remember what it was.)
jane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Blondie! I don't think anyone considers Grazman a suspect. He was Chandra's mentor - he was a professor at the D.C. campus of the University of Southern California. I think those who are interested in Grazman just think he might know something about Chandra, her internship, her activities or her plans that could shed some light on the case.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: