www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing girl, search in progress Sept. 8, 2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>I'm surprised about the Eastern Orthodox church site participant being offended about the Ten Commandments. I assume they use the same Bible as other Christians. Whatever causes men to kill their girlfriends and wives I believe is not controllable by exposure to goodness and biblical wisdom. That is rationality, to take the teachings and apply them to oneself and say, I shouldn't kill her, that would be wrong. Obviously there is no rational thought process going on when they decide to do it.<<<

I will rephrase what I said, or did not say, on the Eastern Orthodox church messageboard. Maybe I mixed up oranges and apples. I was not referring to the Ten Commandments there. I forget what I did ask them about. It was the Learn Eastern Orthodoxy forum, so I asked a question of some kind. I am sorry if I mixed up the Ten Commandments with the Eastern Orthodox Church.

>>> There doesn't even seem to be a concept of being afraid of being caught. The intimate is obviously going to be the prime suspect, yet they still murder for some unfathomable, irrational reason that teaching will not prevent. Condit lied to the p??olice about being an intimate of Chandra's, something if known that would have made him the prime suspect. Yet he was a preacher's son, sang gospel songs for the church, and was a distinguished member of a Congressional prayer group, as well as being the leader of a conservative Congressional group. None of that made him act any better.<<<

A lot of people call themselves Christians, but that does not mean that they are following the teachings of Christ. The same is true of Islam, some Muslims are following the Koran, and some are not. I think the Koran is wrong, so the Muslims who are not following the Koran are doing better than the ones who are.

Yes, it is irrational to us that someone will murder like that. With Condit I think he boxed himself into a corner. The sane thing for him to have done would have been to let his affairs become known, if that was going to happen, and just try to weather the storm. He tried to avoid the storm by making Chandra disappear. Once he started he had to act like an innocent person. He still has to keep acting like an innocent person.

>>>Whatever causes men to kill their girlfriends and wives I believe is not controllable by exposure to goodness and biblical wisdom.<<<

What you say sounds true to me, rd, but when Christians attempt to follow the Ten Commandments they are not being controlled, they are following the Ten Commandments because they want to.

When the Ten Commandments are posted somewhere everyone who reads them can either agree, or disagree, with them, but at least they can read them if they want to and know what they say. When the censors try to start saying that the Ten Commandments, and the bible, can only be read in certain places, to me that tells me they are afraid of the bible and what it teaches.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, controllable was probably not the best word. Not that the teachings of the Bible control someone, I meant that whatever causes a man to murder a woman is beyond the reasoning of lessons of faith. However, I agree that a man who has embraced the faith of God and the Bible and lives that faith will rarely if ever be driven to murder a woman for whatever reason they do it. So, yes, if all people lived the faith we wouldn't have these missing women who were murdered by a man they loved. How do we know if a man is living the faith? I don't know. I think most people would have said that Condit and Peterson lived it because they didn't know about the affairs. So they seem to live it but have a secret life. So sure, if everyone was wonderful we'd have a wonderful world but we don't know, unfortunately necessitating a missing woman's board. I'd rather it didn't need to exist, that's for sure. But good points benn. I do understand.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
good point, controllable was probably not the best word. Not that the teachings of the Bible control someone, I meant that whatever causes a man to murder a woman is beyond the reasoning of lessons of faith. However, I agree that a man who has embraced the faith of God and the Bible and lives that faith will rarely if ever be driven to murder a woman for whatever reason they do it. So, yes, if all people lived the faith we wouldn't have these missing women who were murdered by a man they loved. How do we know if a man is living the faith? I don't know. I think most people would have said that Condit and Peterson lived it because they didn't know about the affairs. So they seem to live it but have a secret life. So sure, if everyone was wonderful we'd have a wonderful world but we don't know, unfortunately necessitating a missing woman's board. I'd rather it didn't need to exist, that's for sure. But good points benn. I do understand.

rd

Hello rd, I don't want to continue talking about the bible, but the bible is a road map for living. Chandra should have seen warning signs when she was dating a married man. If I remember, her grandmother mentioned that to her, according to Linda Katz. Of course Linda sort of let that slip by herself. All of Chandra's family should have been alarmed that she was dating a married man.

There are a lot of people in today's world who are not all they claim to be, and the bible gives some ways to see through the deception. The evil man, and the strange woman, are still here in today's world, just as when King Solomon was living.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Knowing rules or laws doesn't prevent a person from breaking them - but they're still worth having. It's helpful to be able to sort right from wrong behaviour. It's better than expecting each person to learn by trial and error - why waste time reinventing the wheel?

I don't know how I missed your message here, jane. I did not see it for some reason. You said all the right words.

You are 1000% right about that learning by trial and error.

I think that explains pretty much what I was doing during the first part of my life. My mother and her family left the Baptist church, before I was born, and they got into the Christian Science Church. Well, Christian Science is a false teaching. Christian Scientists get sick, and go to the hospital, just like everyone else.

But the Christian Science made me an atheist, going along learning things by trial and error.

Thank God we don't have to reinvent the wheel, or re-invent the bible.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: