www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Zoch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallout

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Jennifer Zoch Reply with quote

Benn's posting of the DC websites led me to the page listing unsolved crimes and the picture of Jennifer Zoch.

I thought that when I tried the name on Google I'd find many listings.

But there is nothing except for the official DC police site and two entries from something called "dcregistry" which doesn't connect today. (Did it ever).

Something's wrong with this. I do remember some discussions on CL.com but haven't seen anything here so I'll post the DC Police info.

Anyone remember anything else about this case whose victim bears a profile resemblance to Chandra Levy and Joyce Chiang ?

from the DC police site:
Murdered - Jennifer Zoch

The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public's assistance to help identify and locate the person(s) responsible for the murder of Jennifer Zoch.

On March 23, 1998, Ms. Jennifer Zoch was found murdered in a basement parking garage located at 930 M St., NW, Washington, DC.

The Metropolitan Police Department, along with Crime Solvers, is offering a reward up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this crime.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact either Det. Toland, 6th District detective's office, at 727-4515, or Crime Solvers at 1-800-673-2777. All calls to Crime Solvers are confidential, and you will not be required to give your name.

Return to Unsolved Cases.

Government of the District of Columbia
Citywide Call Center : (202) 727-1000
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fallout,

I am not aware of Jennifer Zoch. I looked at some of those victims, but not all of them. Also I saw the Modesto Police Department phone number somewhere there but could not find it again.

So many of these murders are similar in many ways. I will probably look at Joyce Chiang again.

"Jennifer Zoch was found murdered in a basement parking garage."

I can remember reading some years back about an incident that occurred in a parking garage in San Francisco. The woman victim was not murdered, but she was raped. She was from Stockton, California and had came to San Francisco to go to a hospital. She parked her car in a parking lot right across the street from the hospital. A man with a knife accosted her, I forget whether it was before she went to the hospital or after she left. I think it was after she left the hospital. I did not read about her missing her appointment.

I don't know if the man with the knife tried to rape her in the parking lot, which was just a plain lot in open view, but I think he failed there and started walking the woman down the street with a knife to her throat.

There is a lot of street traffic in the area but very few pedestrians. Evidently the people in the cars did not pay any attention to the woman walking down the street with a man holding a knife to her throat. A short way down the street there was another public parking lot, but this one was a building. Most of the people park there all day, there is not much foot traffic there.

The man took the woman into the covered garage and raped her in there, during the daytime.

I guess he walked away afterwards. The woman did not get killed anyway, and I don't think she had many injuries, except the utter discouragement of traveling from Stockton to San Francisco to get some medical treatment, and being treated like a piece of dirt on the street in broad daylight.

I guess a lot of bad things happen in garages.

Some of those murders may be done by serial killers, just as there are serial rapists. I am wondering if GC might fit into that category. Chandra disappeared, but she had many relatives and friends knowing where she was, or was supposed to be. I am wondering if Anne Marie Smith had went missing if many people would have missed her. Many of GC's women friends came forward to talk to the police, but if any of his women friends went missing no one who knew him might even know about them.

Back to the drawing board.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fallout,

I hit paydirt. Using Webcrawler, which I don't use very often, I found her mentioned on a forum. I will only post one message.

Name: Daniel W. Wysocki
E-Mail: Dwyso357@uwsp.edu
Date/Time: April 02, 1998 at 1:14 PM
Subject: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments
In Reply to:
Home Page:

I am hoping this message can help me with some information. I am a close friend of someone who was murdered in Washington D.C. last week and since I am in Wisconsin I am searching for info over the net. Her name was Jennifer Zoch, 19, from Goodman, WI. She was found strangled in the basement garage of the Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments in Northwest Washington. But I think she lived on the 200 block of I street in Southwest Washington.

Does anyone know any information about this? Anything would be helpfull.

Thank you-

Daniel W. Wysocki
Dwyso357@uwsp.edu

I will put the url here fallout. I am going to read some more of the forum.

Thanks for the info. Benn

http://www.dcregistry.com/forums/neighborhoods/messages/7.html
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I have some more on Zoch, from the DC registry forum.

Name: Jesse Blatt
E-Mail: jblatt@erols.com
Date/Time: February 09, 1999 at 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments
In Reply to: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments posted by Daniel W. Wysocki on April 02, 1998 at 1:14 PM
Home Page:

Mr Wysocki:

I just happened to be reading an old (Nov 20, 98) issue of the Washington City Paper and saw an article on Ms. Zoch. I was touched by the photo of her and looked on the internet to see if there has been any new information about her murder. The only "hit" I got was your inquiry. I don't know if you have found the answers that you were seeking, but I could send you the City Paper article. (City Paper does not make articles available on their website: www.washingtoncitypaper.com) I also checked out the Washington Post archives (www.washingtonpost.com -- then select "archives" from menu at the top left of the homepage). That search found the following information on 5 articles covering her murder and cases thought to be related:
============================================
WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN ARLINGTON IDENTIFIED
AS BALTIMORE RESIDENT
Article 1 of 5 found
KATHERINE SHAVER
WASHINGTON POST STAFF WRITER
Thursday, November 5, 1998 ; Page B05
Section: Metro
Article ID: 9811200175 -- 520 words
Montgomery County police have identified the woman whose body was found last month along Glebe Road in Arlington as Julia Benson, 25, of Baltimore, but they have not yet determined how she died.

D.C., MD. SUBURBS JOIN IN PROBE OF SLAYINGS
Article 2 of 5 found
AVIS THOMAS-LESTER
Saturday, October 17, 1998 ; Page B04
Article ID: 9811010124 -- 936 words
Homicide detectives from the District and Prince George's and Montgomery counties are trying to determine whether the slayings of two women found in Maryland last month are linked to the earlier deaths of two women found at a Northwest Washington apartment building.

A STREET WALK FOR PROSTITUTES' SAFETY;
CANDLELIGHT PROCESSION REMEMBERS WOMEN
SLAIN ON THE JOB
Article 3 of 5 found
MICHAEL COLTON
Monday, June 1, 1998 ; Page C01
Section: Style
Article ID: 9806160045 -- 796 words
Stretched across two blocks, the candlelight procession of 60 or so people slowly moved up 10th Street NW, following a path that Jennifer Zoch and
Deborah McKinney had surely traveled many times themselves. The walk ended at M Street, near an apartment building where the women's lives ended, where both were strangled within the past year.

POLICE MEET WITH RESIDENTS ON SLAYINGS;
TENANTS DECRY SECURITY AT COMPLEX WHERE 2
WOMEN WERE FOUND
Article 4 of 5 found
MARIA ELENA FERNANDEZ
Thursday, March 26, 1998 ; Page D04
Article ID: 9804100153 -- 551 words
Residents of the Mount Vernon Plaza apartments in Northwest Washington, where two women have been found strangled in four months, packed a D.C. police community meeting last night to express their frustration about building security and ask detectives about the slaying investigations.

2 WOMEN FOUND IN BUILDING WERE STRANGLED
Article 5 of 5 found
MARIA ELENA FERNANDEZ
Wednesday, March 25, 1998 ; Page B08
Article ID: 9804090087 -- 614 words
Police said yesterday that a woman found dead in the basement garage of the Mount Vernon Plaza apartments in Northwest Washington early Monday was killed in the same way as a woman whose body was found in a stairwell of the building four months ago: She was strangled.
===============================================
You can logon to the Post archive system and retrieve the articles for a small fee (less between 6pm and 6am).

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Jesse Blatt
jblatt@erols.com
Silver Spring, MD
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, Benn! I recall that story posted at CL.com also, Fallout.
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Darcy Christian
E-Mail: christian_darc@hotmail.com
Date/Time: May 11, 1999 at 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments
In Reply to: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments posted by Daniel W. Wysocki on April 02, 1998 at 1:14 PM
Home Page:

Hey, I was in the guard with Jen, and I was with her the weekend before her apparent murder. I've been looking for answers, too. The guard has sort of backed down from any interest, but a few of the medics still seek info. She led a completely different life when she was with us. She told me she was getting married, planning ot break it off, but otherwise, having a good time in Milwaukee. She appeared to be against exotic dancing. Little did I know that she was a hypocrit. It still hurts to think that she died so young. Please update me with the latest investigations. I heard she was on to some big drug dealer who was dating her friend. He got ticked off and killer her. True? Let me know. Oh, yeah. I'm from Florence. Friends with Russ and Mitch Frydrych, bob anderson, jason henry. They've told me a little, but they don't even know. Thanks.

~Darcy
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello skipper,

I hope I have not duplicated anything. This is the last one I found on the DC registry.
benn

Name: Jinger Zoch
E-Mail: Sugar_baby442006@yahoo.com
Date/Time: March 27, 2002 at 3:11 PM
Subject: Mount Vernon Plaza Apartments
Home Page:

Hello,
I am jinger zoch, jenny's sister i must know u but i have been searching on the net about my sister latley.....well e-mail me back......
~thanks~
~jinger~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: