www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DC Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I brought up my Hypothetical rd, to see if we could get more information out of people. I did not want the Levys to be involved in the hypothetical unless they wanted to.

Somehow people have to be given some kind of incentive to begin investigating this case more. The police have not done the footwork, checked Condit's doctor, etc. (or perhaps they did and I don't know about it. I have not read anyone mention the name of Condit's doctor). Some articles were asking for the name of the doctor in 2001, but I don't think they got any reply.

Billy Martin seems like a stonewaller also. Of course he is working for the Levys, but I am not certain that Susan Levy with her psychics, or whatever she has (maybe I have used the wrong word here) is doing everything right also.

I don't think that Ramsey is going to get a tip. Of course a tip could come from some people, like one of Condit's staff, if any of the staffers change their colors.

Ramsey needs a hypothetical tip.

Maybe the ModBee does also.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working to get the home page of this site into Google, benn, and have it show up in searches where people can see it to register. Maybe then someone will see some of your posts and say something that makes a difference. Certainly the facts need to be presented. I am behind on posting some of the information we have, some of it provided by you. Even people who follow these tragedies daily can't keep up with the bizarre twists of murderers and their defenders. People have to trust in their police to investigate thoroughly and clear the intimates, but if the intimates don't cooperate that's the end of it. They get away with murder when it should be clear that that's why they're not cooperating.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd

How do you get this site into Google?

I see some of the old Chandra Levy sites are still being listed, even though they are no longer there.

Are there any other sites where we can include JusticeforChandra.com in with any message we post?

Just some thoughts. I think that it is we who might have to try to keep the Chandra Levy investigation going until it is solved.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi benn,

I've already done the submit home page to Google. We don't want to do that again because I read they file 13 sites that get submitted repeatedly. Bottom line, if there are links to it it will find it on its own.

I also am working on a home page that will have some dynamic content, that is, some text that changes. Google likes that better than static, unchanging home pages too.

But what they really care about are links on other web sites to something like http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums. Each time they see it they travel to it and record it. They don't drill down into bulletin boards, so neither our posts nor others with our link in it will be seen by Google. They will see the link on any web page they record though.

The way that cl.com got those posts into Google was to post some posts on their front page and change them every so often. You might recall that. The dynamic text I was thinking of was the latest 10 thread titles from Chandra and Laci Discussions and Misc Dicsussions. If Google picked that up regularly that would bring a lot of search words into Google for our site.

I'll keep you posted on that home page, but at the moment the best possibility I can think of would be posting the link in Laci's guestbook where the admin may see it and post the link outside the guestbook where Google would see it, but they probably wouldn't do that. Also same for any Chandra guestbook sites, which I don't know of offhand. Any other web page seen by Google, in other words not in forums, would cause it to come visit the site as well.

thanks,
rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd

I sent you a private message about posting the Linda Zamsky statement. I did approximately as you said, I posted part of the statement, and then I posted the link to justiceforchandra.com for the rest of the statement.

I have just ran "chandra levy" in google groups, and when that finished, then I clicked the "sorted by date" link.

Guess who's post was right on top, mine. The only problem is I don't know if it is going to get any replies. But if anyone goes to the site here they might reply here somewhere. I am not exactly sure what topics are open here to the public. My Netscape browser has the password in its memory, so I don't use the password myself, the computer uses it. That is why I don't know what the rest of the public can do.

I might put justiceforchandra.com down as a signature, then I could post on various newsgroups about various subjects, and the signature would get recorded at all of those groups.

We have to make the breaks, we can not wait for the breaks to come to us.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so true, benn. Speaking of which, fallout and I just invited some of his correspondents to join us. One just did, I don't know which one, but initially they will be limited to the Discussion area until we get to know them.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd

This has something to do with your google discussion.

Trivia I guess, or maybe research leading up to something more useful. I have not copied this search down each day, but it seems to me that Google keeps changing each day what the search engine comes up with. Maybe it is just the search engine that does that.

This is from a google search.

"The Continuing Chandra Levy investigation.
... The Levy family is frustrated and outraged that Congressman Gary Condit and his associates have mischaracterized Chandra Levy's relationship with the ...
alt.true-crime - Jun 10, 2003 by Benf5 - View Thread (1 article)"

Maybe I am getting different results because I am putting in different search words but still coming up with the same message.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benn, the Google criteria for displaying results is a complex formula that they often tweak to get ever better. The main criteria is number of links on other pages, but there are many other factors they take into account as to what as the moment rates being the top of Google's results list. That is a highly sought after position that many people attempt to achieve by trying to anticipate what Google's formula is looking for and manipulating it. That's why Google keeps tweaking the formula to outsmart the manipulators and give people the true top destinations for any set of search words.

We are not in there at all yet, and even when we are we will be many, many pages back in the results. Not unless we had publicicty like cl.com did would we ever rise in the search results, and of course they had good reason for publicity, the topic was hot, there was a lot of controversy, etc.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd

Just some thoughts. If some of the members here posted on various newsgroups, and used www.justiceforchandra.com/forums as a signature that would make the site url a little more known.

Once a message is posted on a newsgroup it remains there for ages. It can always pop up when someone makes a search for something, and there would be www.justiceforchandra.com/forums right in public view.

Of course that is not going to get much attention very fast, but it is better than no attention.

I don't know much about this search business, but there are key words that are good to have in a message, or on a webpage. Putting part of Linda Zamsky's statement on the first page of justiceforchandra.com, and then a link, might get a few hits. Putting the names of all of the key players in these missing persons cases might get a few hits.

It does on the newsgroups, I don't know what it would do so on the web.

Justiceforchandra.com will probably eventually fade away, just like the othe chandra websites. All we need it to do is to stay around long enough until we can catch the skunk who committed the crime.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and worth hanging around for for that, that's for sure benn. When I get a dynamic home page going, maybe this weekend, Google will have something to record when it sees it. What you've mentioned has given me some ideas. Since I know Google won't drill into the BB posts, what I'll do is have page links from the home pages with some search helpful content that Google will drill down into. Also each page will link to http:/www.justiceforchandra.com/forums so that increases the links count.

Those are good ideas, benn. Of course our goal has been and will be to get some content generated to display as well.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd

Here is an email (edited) from a woman in Canada whom I asked about how to get onto Google. She is about the same age as the women posting here. I found her website because she had a song on her website that I had searched for. She is a Mennonite and has written a book about her Mennonite activities around where she lives. (I don't even know where she lives. I have not read enough of her book, online.)

But because of her book, and possibly some other products, she knows a little about internet marketing, which is why I wrote to her and asked her about Google. This may all be information that you already have, but it was free.

Edited. >>>Hi Ben I'll move to
your main question in this one. How to get listed on Google?

Well, do the web pages there have meta tags first of all? If it's at Beliefnet I would assume all the pages have that. (Special hidden html lines that give the title, the description and keywords of each page).

Next, the web site, would need to be submitted to a whole bunch of search engines and directories, which then spider it (electronically) before they decide whether to include it on their engine or not. This
can take 4-6 weeks. Generally Google waits until your site shows up on other search engines.

But what Google likes best is if other important sites have links to yours. That makes your site or web page more important in their eyes. And they prefer text links to banner ads. So if you can persuade other sites that are also about the same topic, missing persons, in
this case, to link to your discussion board, then simply filling in a form at Google with the URL and contact details, should get you listed - no charge.

Hopefully that answers your question.<<<

So I will send this on to you rd. I doubt that she has added anything, but it can not hurt.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: