www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chandra Levy Disappearance and Murder: Two Years Now (1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, here is one story that you recommended from the Washington Post. There were also other stories about Otis Thomas from the Post mentioned at this website.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49531-2001Jul11.html

>>>Minister Says Daughter, at 18, Had an Affair With Condit

>>> By Petula Dvorak and Allan Lengel
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 12, 2001; Page A01

>>>FBI agents looking into the disappearance of Chandra Levy have approached and interviewed a Pentecostal minister who described an affair between his then-18-year-old daughter and Rep. Gary A. Condit, telling investigators that the congressman had warned her never to speak of the relationship.

Four law enforcement sources confirmed that the father, Otis Thomas, has been questioned by the FBI and that investigators are interested in talking to his daughter. Thomas, in an interview in which he described what his daughter told him of the affair, said that he has encouraged her to talk to the FBI but that she is afraid to do so and has gone into hiding.<<<

(The Washington Police claim they need a tip, and yet they have never interviewed Jennifer Thomas. That is one reason the Modesto police should be involved. Maybe I will write to the Modesto police.)

>>>Thomas said the relationship took place about seven years ago and that it ended in a tense breakup initiated by his daughter<<<

( "tense breakup" does not exactly sound made up. Stories can be fabricated for a while, but stories usually leave out the little details.)

>>> Thomas said he decided to describe his daughter's account to FBI agent Todd M. Irinaga because he learned that the relationship was discussed by Levy and Condit in April, about two weeks before the 24-year-old intern was last seen.

>>>Thomas's daughter, who is now in her mid-twenties, declined to discuss any aspect of the case. "I don't want to talk about any of that," she said in a brief telephone conversation this week.

>>>Marina Ein, a spokeswoman for the Democratic congressman from California, yesterday accused The Washington Post of joining "the ranks of tabloids who have come to us with specious questions about a supposed affair."<<<

(I don't want to accuse Marina Ein of lying, but from the reports I have seen she never talked to Condit face to face. She was a paid PR person, and she was not supposed to say anything bad about The Condit.

I have a biography written by an attorney who worked as a public defender, a prosecutor, and a criminal defense attorney. Some of his cases as a criminal defense attorney were for people from the Mafia. He said that the defendant does not want justice, "The defendant wants off!!!" I can't imagine that Marina Ein cared anything about the truth, or that Condit was guilty or not. She was getting paid, and was defending Condit, no matter what he had done. So why should we believe anything that she said, or says.)

>>>"These questions are destructive, unfair and irrelevant," Ein said. "In fact, we are constantly placed in the impossible position of having to prove a negative. This is something we will not do."

Condit's attorney, Abbe D. Lowell, said, "This is beneath the dignity of The Washington Post."<<<

(What a bunch of legal baloney.)

>>>Thomas's account of his daughter's affair with Condit has been known to the Levy family since mid-April, before Chandra disappeared. By then, the Levy family knew Chandra was having a relationship with the congressman, according to family members. <<<<

Well, I will snip off the rest, for fair use, etc.

All right Emma, I will get back to your comments.

Emma wrote:
Quote:
But suddenly after the FBI started asking questions, he clammed up and his daughter put a note on the door saying she never knew Condit. At no time has Jennifer Thomas admitted to anyone that she had an affair with Condit. And of course Condit denies there was an affair.

Well, I can understand Jennifer not wanting to talk. Her father received a threat over the phone. I don't know if she received any threats or not. There was no reason for her to start a media frenzy when she had nothing to gain and everything to lose, her privacy, etc. No one was paying her to talk. All of those reporters were getting paid.

Quote:
I don't believe for a second that Condit would allow a "love child" brought into this world that could come back to haunt him. I think he would have forced her to get an abortion.

Condit has made a lot of mistakes. From what little I know I don't think that black women are especially inclined to get abortions. That is one reason I guess that there are so many one parent black families with so many children. The potential husbands come and go but don't get married. I think that Condit was a lot of phoney baloney. The only way he could be a strong man, with people bowing to his wishes, was to be secret. That is the way Saddam Husseins work, they keep all of their dark deeds secret. As soon as Condit was out in the open he was running for his life, waving his hands at the photographers. He was suddenly unable to talk to anyone, except his cronies in Congress. Now he is trying to be tough in court. We will see if any of his testimony ever gets looked at by any Grand Juries. The Washington Police say that they need a tip, but they will probably get to look at the testimony from the Condit lawsuits.

That may be beneath their dignity, and also it might convict Condit, better for the police to be looking for some poor street person with no money and no attorney.

Quote:
I don't find it believable that a guy who was apparently having multiple affairs (and who strikes me a very much a control freak) would take a chance that a woman would remember to take birth control.

Condit is not too bright, or else he would not be in the trouble that he is in. He has been making wrong decisions for years and years.

Evidently Otis Thomas used to talk to Washington Post reporters, but someone shut him up. Abbe Lowell sounded displeased that Otis could talk to anyone, and that he had talked. Only lawyers are supposed to talk? What we have is a bunch of con men in the courtroom.

And no paternity test. They are very inexpensive. And the FBI could not talk to Jennifer Thomas. Someone is covering up.

benn
fallout

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply from former congressman Joe Scarborough to my e-mail:

Thanks for your email. I spoke with Jerry this week and he is doing well. He's a great guy with great insights.

I was very disturbed about the FBI story today. McVeigh confessed and it is hard to imagine he did not do it. Still, he would have gotten a stay had the FBI come forward with that information. It is something that needs to be looked into further.

I had not heard of the Levy-McVeigh connection. I will look into that.

Thanks for your input.

Joe

I'm writing back to him now!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout:

Good luck in Washington......some very interesting points you made in the preceeding posts...although I'm a bit confused about Scarborough. Was he the congressman in Florida who resigned after his secretary allegedly died of aortic stenosis...? Gee I'd better brush up on things, my memory is getting a bit soggy.

The timing of both the McVeigh case and Ottis coming out and informing Mrs. Levy about the Love Child of Condit are compelling. The resigning of Freeh ( former head of the FBI) on May 1st, I've always found coincidential considering that the FBI must have known by the 1st of may about the missing files in the McVeigh case. Given that Chandra worked on this case for the BOP is also compelling.

There most definately appears to be a cover-up, with Chandra, Ottis story and absolutely about the Mc Veigh case. One can understand that Condit was protected in that he knew and knows very sensitive material regarding not only national security but about others in high places. I feel that the cover-up goes all the way to the oval office, as where and who are Condit's alibis for the 1st of May but from the Oval office and the office next to, Cheney's. Cheney's office originally gave the 30th of April as the meeting date!!

Fallout, I think that on a psychic plane that the washing up of Laci's body on Chandra's birthday is like she is speaking from the grave for justice.

Who is this guy you say was Chandra's friend? I don't think I heard of him? What is the background on this buddy, how do you figure he fits in?

Emma you made a great freudian slip, you called Mrs. Levy/Mrs. Lacy in the above post. It seems that both cases have somehow meshed into one on some level, the coincidences are phenomenal. Now with Gregross on the case, it is too errie for words.

I had this most extrodinary thought that somehow Peterson was involved with Chandra's murder, that Scott was known to Chandra. I know this is out in left field but then I wondered did Scott ever travel to Washington, had he met Chandra in his travels, had he met chandra in a club or whatever????? Sorry for the digression......but weirder things have been known to happen. Lets face it, if Scott is capable of murdering his wife and unborn child, he'd stop at nothing for no one.

Benn a paternity test in this country costs about 400 dollars. However, I think that somehow, if push came to shove in this case, that baby Thomas' life would be in danger...that he would wind up amongst the missing....if the case of paternity was pressed to heavily...This of course is a gut feeling that has no basis in reality,,,,,,,like the rest of my post. lol

Fallout I think Anne Marie Smith should be added to the list of suspects in this case, she was there, she might have had motive, and possibly opportunity....I don't think she is sweet or innocent. She has witheld information I believe in this case as well. ( I don't really believe she murdered Chandra but an apple don't fall far from the tree) You left out Darrel....although if he had something to do with Chandra's murder he would have been hired by Gary. To that list, I think Burl Condit should be added, as we do not know where he was at that time...by the way does anyone know where there may be a photo of Burl...I've looked with no luck....what I want to know if he is a big guy. The chap that I had in my vision was a burly type of guy with slightly wavey hair, closed cropped, chestnut colour....with large arms, and left handed...

(Just thinking also if Burl and Mark Steele were partners it is possible that Chandra met Condit while she was dating Steele) weird also how Burl saved Steele's butt when he hit and killed a person on duty. Gee it is a small small world.....no six degrees of separation here...to Chandra. Chandra must have met Burl even in her work at the Modesto police force, if not through Mark Steele. Wonder how long Burl and Steele were partners and how odd that Burl and Steele were partners!! Given that Burl took those guns that have not all been recovered, you wonder how straight a cop Burl is/was, and therefore one has to wonder about Steele. Also, Burl's mishap in the park with the gun, where he shot himself in the butt, or leg, is very odd indeed as well... The whole bloody Condit family is WEIRD.

Well I've rambled allot and (almost) nothing I've said is factual....for a change!!
lol.

kate
jane

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts, Kate.

I've never seen a picture of Burl - I always think of him as burly (association with his name) but neither Gary nor Darrel are burly in the least, so it's unlikely Burl is burly.

Interesting that Chandra must have known Burl through her work and through Mark Steele.

I just wanted to say something about Jennifer Thomas and her son. As far as I know, neither Otis nor Susan referred to her son or mentioned his paternity. They may well have discussed it privately, but it never came out in the media through Otis or Susan. However, the time frame of when Otis claimed Jennifer had the affair with Condit fits with the timing of the birth of her son. The tabloids did their own digging to find that, and then the mainstream papers reported on it also.
benn

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate

Quote:
Benn a paternity test in this country costs about 400 dollars. However, I think that somehow, if push came to shove in this case, that baby Thomas' life would be in danger...that he would wind up amongst the missing....if the case of paternity was pressed to heavily...This of course is a gut feeling that has no basis in reality,,,,,,,like the rest of my post. lol

Thanks for your thoughts kate. I know you used to be strong for a paternity test to be taken. I agree with you that there might be some more death threats if the paternity test gets into the news, but you are a nurse so I am certain that you can think of some discretion in a case like this.

Are we going to arrive at a place where we are afraid to look for a murderer because someone, possibly the Condit, is sending out messages to threaten people. I think the murder investigation can continue and that Jennifer Thomas's son can be protected also. One of the best ways of protecting him is to keep all of this low key. I guess it is low key now because nothing is being done. Are we all supposed to be afraid of Condit and quit on this case?

This is one reason why I think the Modesto police should be involved in the Chandra Levy murder investigation. It would be fairly easy for the Modesto police, through a woman officer, or officers, or through a social worker, to contact Jennifer Thomas. The Washington Post in 2001 was sending reporters to talk to Otis Thomas, and he was talking to them. The FBI possibly stopped all of that, maybe for the protection of the Thomas Family.

Are we supposed to be afraid of anyone connected with Condit? Something has to get real here.

Anyway, I think local people in the Modesto area could do a better job of investigating Chandra's death than the politicians in Washington, D.C.

I am going to be writing some letters to local agencies here to see what kind of response there is, maybe no response. No one knows where Jennifer Thomas's son is now anyway, and no one has to know. I guess we have been threatened indirectly by The Condit, and we all have to be silent, in The Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave.

Should fallout stop investigating also? I appreciate your thoughts kate, but I think we can come up with some remedies. Maybe you have some ideas.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane

Quote:
However, the time frame of when Otis claimed Jennifer had the affair with Condit fits with the timing of the birth of her son. The tabloids did their own digging to find that, and then the mainstream papers reported on it also.

Now that this subject has resurfaced I remember that at one time there was a rumour, whether factual or not, that Condit had given Jennifer $10,000 to be quiet.

I don't know if the rumour was true, but it is true that there was such a rumour. What I read at that time also was the rumour, or story, started in a beauty salon. laskipper investigated Jennifer's son a little. I think she looked at the birth records in Stanislaus County. I forget what else she discovered.

Jennifer Thomas is supposed to have said that she had a twin sister, but I think that was a lie, not that I blame her for defending herself. Naturally if she had a twin she looked like herself, and who could tell who they were talking to.

I don't see how we can investigate this case and skip over part of the evidence. There is not that much evidence anyway. The police probably have more evidence, but we do not know what it is.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you've said, benn. Another year has gone by with no progress from the "authorities", and Geragos and L. Lin Wood have made a cottage industry of protecting men whose women disappear amidst their silence. There is much to do to get the public's attention on this again. You and fallout and others have made a good start.

rd
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn

Quote:
Condit has made a lot of mistakes. From what little I know I don't think that black women are especially inclined to get abortions.

But that has no basis in facts or logic. With as many affairs as Condit has had, he'd have numerous bastard children running around. Someone who knew him for years, his driver, said he had had an vacetomy. I find that more plausible that he wouldn't be taking such risks. He also likes to be in control from what I can see which leads me to believe he isn't knocking anyone up.

If Jennifer Thomas had some child with Condit, it would be much safer for her and the child to get it out in the public. If she has been threatened, why wait until someone decides to "take care of the problem" so they don't have to worry about them talking?

All she'd have to do to get a paternity test is to go to court and they could order one. She has not done this. They are not going to just do this at the FBI because it has no bearing on the case. And if I were Condit's lawyer, I certainly wouldn't allow my client to take such a test without a court order. Even if Condit swore there was no way the baby was his. Because the minute such a thing leaks out it's going to be all over the papers. (Remember the accusation by a black hooker that her child was fathered by Clinton? The kid even looked remarkably like him.) It wouldn't matter what the test came out as, the damage would be done, because if he did this voluntarily he would be admitting to at least having an affair with this woman.

Quote:
( "tense breakup" does not exactly sound made up. Stories can be fabricated for a while, but stories usually leave out the little details.)

Well that's hardly big on details. But I'm not denying he may or may not have had an affair with Jennifer. My point is it is irrelivant to the case except for any facts regarding the breakup, (i.e., did he harrass her, unable to handle rejection) that could be a future motive.

And finally according to Mrs. Levy, Chandra had apparrently discussed this with Condit and and reported back that "he explained it all to me" or words to that effect. She was being dismissive of her mother's warning and apparently wasn't concerned by it. So it's unlikely that Condit would murder Chandra over this. Especially when he would have living witnesses (namely the Thomases) who could prove otherwise if they were subpoenaed.
jane

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandra's family, particularly her Uncle Paul (Linda Zamsky's husband), have expressed that they believe Chandra's disappearance could be related to her confrontation with Condit over Jennifer Thomas.

Apparently, Condit set Chandra's mind at rest, but her uncle still thinks there is a connection. Chandra said something like, "I talked to him, Mom, and it's OK. He explained everything." In little over a week, her internship unexpectly ended. In little over two weeks, she disappeared.
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Apparently, Condit set Chandra's mind at rest, but her uncle still thinks there is a connection. Chandra said something like, "I talked to him, Mom, and it's OK. He explained everything." In little over a week, her internship unexpectly ended. In little over two weeks, she disappeared.

Her internship ending was not all that unexpected. She finished her classes although she hadn't officially graduated. On of the reqirements of the internship was that she had to be still in school.

And her aunt/uncle may feel that way, I just happen to think they're wrong. It was one of some other theories mentioned by the family. Because why kill Chandra and then leave several other people alive that also know the story, not to mention the Thomases.
jane

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma,

I don't necessarily think Chandra's disappearance was due to her knowledge of the Jennifer Thomas story; however, I'm not ready to dismiss it, either.

You asked why were others who knew not killed, such as the Thomases. It seems that the Thomases had never been a problem before. Jennifer had the father's name withheld on the child's birth registration. When Chandra asked Condit about Jennifer, he must have wondered who had spilled the beans. Maybe something would have been done to silence the Thomases, but when Condit was linked to Chandra soon after she went missing, and then the Jennifer story broke, it was too late. If anything happened to the Thomases then, it would look very bad for Condi.
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Jennifer Thomas and her "Mexican" child?

rd
jane

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In July 2001, they were both living with Otis Thomas and Jennifer was working at a local fast food restaurant, according to a neighbour (although some media reports said she was in hiding, making it sound like she'd taken off somewhere).
benn

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma

I agree with jane and rd about the Jennifer Thomas story. It would be easy to get a paternity test and solve this one part of the investigation, but the authorities in Washington have not seemed from day one much inclined to do anything they did not have to do.

I believe the Modesto Police could handle this problem right away, and at least the story of Condit having a child by Jennifer Thomas could be put to rest, one way or the other, with scientific accuracy.

Condit is a known liar, as is Scott Peterson. Anything Condit told Vince Flammini could not be taken to be true without some other evidence to back it up. If Condit said he had a vasectomy, that means nothing. There has to be more proof than that. Maybe some of Condit's girlfriends did have abortions, but as I wrote before I don't think black women are abortion minded. They have their children whether they are married, or unmarried.

I know of at least one black woman who wanted to have a baby by a white man, and she was single. She also had a good job working as a park ranger. This is second hand information to me, but eventually she did have a baby, or so I was told. I don't think that Jennifer Thomas necessarily wanted to have a baby, but she did have a baby and was not married at the time. She did not get an abortion.

We can discuss something like that here, but the moment something like this gets into the press, the press goes into a frenzy. I guess the press is mostly interested in the commercial aspects of a story.

I think the paternity test can be resolved, along with preserving the privacy of the Thomases. It will just take a little time.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the April 30, 2003 Washington Times:

He also expects to file a libel lawsuit on Mr. Condit's behalf in late May or early June against American Media, the parent company of the National Enquirer.

end quote

from the May 1, 2003 Washington Post:

Condit and his wife have three multimillion-dollar libel lawsuits pending against tabloids and a magazine columnist.

end quote

We do have the Condit vs Dunne and CC vs NE concerning the heated phone call suit, but we don't see the case against The Star concerning CC's alleged suicide threat on LegalCaseDocs.com. The Washington Post reports three cases filed, but the Washington Times reports another suit against American Media coming. The Star suit never got filed yet? Condit will file his own suit against American Media in case CC takes the money and runs? Or will there ever be any money for these Condits who don't like answering questions very much...

rd
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Background Information on Chandra Levy All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: