www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor's Wife Missing in New York City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear the husband express his grief and thoughts, good to hear the police say he is cooperating. What a difference it makes. Not that it will beting Svetlana back, but some skulking person she loved didn't do this to her. Who would kill a woman walking her dog remains to be seen.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, rd, when I read his comments they sounded to me like the kind of thing a normal man would say in a situation like this.
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com

Svetlana left 1.4M
By RALPH ORTEGA, MICHELE McPHEE and LEO STANDORA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Tuesday, June 24th, 2003

A year before her disappearance and drowning death, Svetlana Aronov wrote up a will that divvied up $1.45 million in assets.

The East Side book dealer's last wishes were to split up her family's estate, including a Southampton, L.I., home valued at $450,000, among her husband, children and parents.

Her will was dated March 25, 2002, and filed in Manhattan Surrogate's Court on Thursday.

Aronov's doctor husband, Alexander, who was named executor, said fear stemming from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks prompted his wife to have the will drawn.

"She was flying a lot, so she thought it was a good idea," he said. "I didn't get around to doing mine, but I will soon."

Police are still struggling to unravel the mystery of her death. Aronov, 44, vanished while walking her dad's cocker spaniel March 3. Her body was fished out of the East River on the Queens side of the Queensboro Bridge two months later. The dog has not been found.

Under the terms of the will, half of Aronov's more liquid assets were left to her husband. The rest is split between her daughters, Polina, 22, and Veronica, 9.

The Southampton house goes to Aronov's parents, Anatoly and Lilia Byzova, who have been living there. The Byzovas also were left books and works of art, including paintings, engravings and porcelain.

Lilia Byzova was named trustee for Veronica, who won't get her inheritance until she turns 21.

Alexander Aronov said he couldn't comment on why his mother-in-law was named trustee without the will in front of him. But he said "in the end everything will go to our kids."

His lawyer, Ed Hayes, later said such an arrangement was common and "often is done to avoid conflict of interest between parent and child."

Svetlana Aronov's lawyer, Ernest Bial, couldn't be reached for comment.

Struggling with tragedy

The doctor, an oncologist whose marriage ended in tragedy two months short of 25 years, said he's still struggling to get back to normal.

"It's not getting any easier," he said. "I do things. I function. But only because I have no choice."

Police on the case said they were leaning toward suicide as the cause of death. They said Aronov had a history of depression and may have had a relapse.

Asked if she might have gone into the river for another reason, one investigator said, "Is it possible she jumped in after the dog? Yes. But we don't believe that is likely."

Investigators said they were awaiting toxicological reports before making a final determination on the cause of death.
propria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> Investigators said they were awaiting toxicological reports before making a final determination on the cause of death. <<<

what kind of toxicological reports take four months to complete???

nanci
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: The Facts amount to foul play more than suicide Reply with quote

Nanci, It is hard to say what toxicology report would take 4 months. I'll have to do some research into this one, it has me stumped.

The reading of the will is somewhat enlightening, Svetlana's father is notably absent from the will. As he is an antique dealer, it seem rather odd that she would leave art, paintings, books and engravings to her in-laws. It seems that she either inherited money, or at one time made a rather large deal in antiques. Leaving an estate of 1.45 million. I think it was quoted somewhere where last year her net income was 55,000 dollars....this is a far cry from the estate that she leaves. Now unless her Father is wealthy, this will does not make alot of sense. I can understand how come she left her youngest daughter estate in trust with her mother-in-law, but then again why not her oldest daughter.

Another point of interest, if a woman has this much money, a boyfriend, and a very young daughter, it makes no sense that she would kill herself. Having once been depressed she would know that she would get better. With new medications on the market for depression that work rather quickly, it does not strike me that such a successful woman would kill herself. It has been known to happen, however, I don't believe that someone who is suicidal prepares supper and is off to pick her father up at the airport is seriously depressed. Also, she drove her husband to the subway station, had an appointment earlier in the day suddenly kills herself while out walking the dog. Futhermore, her husband being an oncologist, it would have been no problem to fake/write a perscription for a drug that would do the job, easily and painlessly, just go to sleep. No one (pharmacist) would question a large dose of morphine or dilaudid from an oncologist. It would be no problem to steal and forge a perscription!!!!

What beautiful woman, with a great body, with money, a young daughter, a successful business, everything in the world to live for, kills herself by throwing herself in the river? I think women are particular how they kill themselves, especially beautiful women, they do not want to mark themselves up. Also why take the dog along for the walk, why kill the dog? Who goes to the trouble to squeeze (process) a glass of apple juice and does not drink it?

Svetlana received a phone call, or someone came to the door, or someone nabbed her while walking. Since she had on a cartier watch, it is likely not robbery. It seems also very odd that in the traffic of midday that no one saw her go over the bridge. If she went over the bridge it and no one saw her then it would have to be at night, if indeed she did go over the bridge. On a miserable day, why would anyone go over the bridge, a bit windy for a walk. Why go that far when you have an appointment to pick up your Father at the airport in a short while????

The facts as they are presented do not add up to suicide. Since the in-laws had so much to gain, wonder what they were doing on the day Svetlana went missing.? It seems odd that Svetlana would be looking after her in-laws and not her husband? Did Svetlana have no brothers or sisters?????What was the boyfriend's wife doing? Who was the dealer that Svetlana had the appointment with the day she went missing?

It was alleged that Svetlana had one boot on when they found her floating in the East River, I wonder how a fall from that height (bridge) would not have knocked off both boots?

I personally do not believe for a new york second that Svetlana committed suicide...We will see what the alleged toxicology reports say!

kate
jane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, I think the Byzova's are Svetlana's parents. (In the article, Svetlana is referred to as Aronov, which is confusing. Her husband is referred to as 'Aronov's doctor husband Alexander' and 'Alexander Aronov'.)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jane for the correction, I did misunderstand the above article.
This makes more sense that she would leave this to her parents.
kate
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma!

Thanks for finding these two more recent articles. My friend (with the digital camera and windows uploading ability) and I will finally get over to the bridge and the York Ave. neighborhood (and the Water's Edge restaurant) this weekend and get some pictures.

There have been a few arrests here in the last month of serial rapists and gang killers. One of these guys was operating on the East side. That might be the reason for the delay in the testing mentioned in the stories. They might be trying to match something they found to the recent arrests. Haven't heard anything about this in the news but it would make sense.

James
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news! Thanks all.
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To expand on my theory about the Plum Island problem as relates to the demise of Svetlana:

1. Numerous articles support the fact that there is bio-terror or bio-warfare being studied at the island. Many believe that the recent outbreaks of various disease such as West Nile, Lyme and others are traceable to the Plum Island facility.

2. Because Svetlana was involved in the medical profession, she and her husband may have treated patients that were obvious victims of the various diseases coming out of Plum Island via sewage, birds and insects.

3. Svetlana may have become vocal about the island due to her parents living in South Hampton. It is possible that locals in that area are much more aware of the dangers of the island than the average New Yorker?

4. Russian germ warfare experts are concerned about the island infecting those in the surrounding states.

5. Svetlana's death may have been a warning to her husband if he planned to testify for any victims of Plum Island.

In my previous research, I found many cases listed where Dr Aronov had been the medical expert. Hundreds of them. Seems logical that he could have become involved in the growing movement to educate the American public about what is going on around them and what the potential outcome for them, healthwise.

This is not as "out there" as you may think. Read some of the following links.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/03/15/tech/main279165.shtml

Above Plum Island story from CBS

http://www.gene-watch.org/press/biowar-statement022103.html

Scroll down half way or better for more info about Plum Island. This article is from CRG- Council for Responsible Genetics.

http://charleston.net/stories/031003/loc_10tunnels.shtml

James, you live in New York- you should really read the above story about the tunnels/sewage from Plum Island.

If you want to learn more about Plum Island, go to Google and just type in the name. Rense has lots about it also.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of food for thought there, skipper.
benn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to post yesterday about the below suicide, but then thought it was too far off. Then I remembered that Svetlana Aronov, 44, was a dealer in rare books, or antiques. The well known and liked man below committing suicide was a seller of collectables.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/3450/deaths.html

>>>Duane Garrett
Radio Host and Al Gore fund raiser.

Died: 7/26/95 - A lawyer and a talk show host for KGO-AM in San Francisco, Duane was the campaign finance chairman for Diane Fienstien's run for the senate, and was a friend and fundraiser for Al Gore.

According to Garrett's lawyer, Garrett was under investigation for defrauding investors in Garrett's failed sports memorabilia venture. There was talk of a deal to evade prosecution. On July 26th, Garrett canceled an afternoon meeting with his lawyer because he had to meet some people at the San Francisco airport. Three hours later he was found floating in the bay under the Golden Gate Bridge.>>>

I used to hear him sometimes on KGO. The story I heard is that he drove to the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge and parked in the parking lot there. Then he walked to the bridge and jumped off.

The way I heard it some of the collectibles that he had been selling were fraudulent. His death came as a surprise, but there might have been warnings to those close to him.

He had a small ocean going yacht, and he would invite some of the people at KGO, and other celebrities, to go out with him into the ocean to go fishing. While fishing he would talk some of his guests into buying some of his collectibles. Where he jumped off of the bridge was close to where his yacht used to pass under the bridge with guests aboard.

There does seem like some possible similarities to Svetlana's supposed suicide, and the suicide of KGO talk show host Duane Garrett.

benn
propria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> There does seem like some possible similarities to Svetlana's supposed suicide, and the suicide of KGO talk show host Duane Garrett.
<<<

maybe somebody familiar with that story from the opposite coast thought it would make a great cover up for a murder in new york ... i agree that svetlana was far from being the typical suicide candidate.

nanci
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Ruling on Svetlana's Death
By Melanie Lefkowitz
Staff Writer

June 26, 2003, 6:26 PM EDT

There is not enough evidence to determine whether Svetlana Aronov, the Upper East Side woman who disappeared in March while walking her dog, died by homicide, suicide or accident, the medical examiner said Thursday.

The inconclusive report adds another layer of mystery to the death of the rare books dealer, whose disappearance captured the city's attention for weeks.

Aronov, whose body was found in the East River near Long Island City in May, drowned, said medical examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove. But police can't figure out how she ended up in the East River and what happened to Bim, her father's cocker spaniel, which she walking when she first vanished.

(adorable) Bim

"We still don't know how this happened," said Ed Hayes, the lawyer representing Aronov's husband, Alexander. "The examination rules out certain possibilities which none of us thought were very likely anyway. We never thought she used drugs, we never thought she was poisoned. It's still a terrible loss and a terrible mystery."

Reached on by phone, Alexander Aronov referred questions to his lawyer.

Aronov, 44, left her apartment with the dog, her house key and her cell phone around 2:30 p.m. on March 3, leaving her purse behind, police said. She never arrived at Kennedy Airport, where she was due to pick up her father from a flight from St. Petersburg at 5 p.m.

Bloodhounds picked up Bim's scent on the west side of York Avenue near the Aronovs' apartment but lost it at 68th Street.

At first, police investigated her disappearance as a homicide, dispatching a task force of detectives to the case.

They initially suspected she was killed by her husband or perhaps abducted by an acquaintance. But after her body surfaced in the river on May 6, police sources say they are more inclined to consider Aronov's death a suicide, because she had a history of depression and no defensive wounds.

But that doesn't explain why the rare book dealer would have taken the dog along, why she began dinner preparations, or why not a single witness reports seeing her fall from the FDR Drive.

Hopes that the autopsy and toxicology testing would shed light on the case were dashed yesterday when the medical examiner's report proved inconclusive.

BTW, how do we KNOW she fell from the bridge (broken bones...condition of the body?) and didn't get hit on the head and pushed in at some other point by the bank?
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, I thought the only wounds were bruises on her shins - did she have a bruise on her head?

That spaniel is adorable, isn't he? Looks like one of my daughter's plush animals - too cute to be real. The search dog losing his scent seems to indicate Bim was picked up by someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: