www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor's Wife Missing in New York City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear the news, James! About the hacking company as well as the antique people.

Found this tidbit about Boris Arnonov. The man has a sense of humor. Take a peek at his website:

http://216.239.39.100/search? q=cache:0bCBXcIJSR4C:cis.poly.edu/~aronov/+Aronov+&hl=en&ie
=UTF-8

Boris Aronov
Department of Computer and Information Science
Polytechnic University
Six MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201-3840 USA

Wonder if he is a "hacker" also?

rd, I think all of here are aware of your abilities in the computer field. You and Jayne as well. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this project with all the talent here.

I think some of the differences of opinion here is due to the fact that some of us are right brain thinkers and some of us are left brain. You can tell what you are if you clap your hands together. If your left thumb is on the top of your right (when you clasp your hands) then you are a right brain thinker. That is me. Right brain. Left brain thinkers are logical and (uh-hum) methodical.

So I'm betting we have a mix of left-right thinkers. That's good on any project. You need both to make a project work.

You think of all possible variables then some logical person tells you why each may or may not be feasible.

But, I'm rambling again. Off to the research...
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn. My left paw clasps over my right paw. How can that be?

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: York Avenue: From 60th street to 74th street Reply with quote

Finally got over there today. It was about 4pm and very crowded. The Aronov apartment is on the West side of the street. Fernanda Santos of the NY Daily News reported that she turned left and walked up this side of the street toward the North.

I walked up the opposite side of the street. Most of that stretch belongs to Rockefeller University which is behind a continuous iron gate until you get to 66th street. The sidewalk is continuous all the way from 63rd st to 68th on the East side of the street.

There were hundreds of people within sight at any point along this walk and it was even more crowded at 68th street which is the entrance to the Cornell Medical Center . Just before the 68th street crossing where the street becomes an entry road for the Medical Center there is a paved outdoor parking lot. It is gated on the York Ave. side.

Too many details but the overall impression on another freezing cold Monday just a few hours after the time she would have been walking is that she could not have been abducted (even discreetly) without somebody noticing something.

The traffic there is bumper to bumper on the Avenue and on 68th street as it feeds into the avenue. Every third car is a taxi cab.

The posters with Svetlana's picture and a smaller picture of the dog are everywhere. I watched a Russian speaking couple walk up to one .

I stood at the corner of 68th and York and saw several people hailing cabs there. They had to be agressive to get the cabs. You have to sometimes jump out in front of the near lane of traffic to catch an empty cab that is stuck in the second lane.

I tried to find a place where a security guard might have been in order to see her getting into a cab and realized he must have been at the entrance to Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital on the West Side of the street between 67th and 68th . If he saw her getting into a cab on the West side of the street heading back South was she trying to get back to the apartment quickly? Its only five blocks but remembering how cold it was that day its possible. And she may have realized suddenly that she hadn't left the keys out or thought that the stove might have been on. Not that a cab would be much faster than walking but it might save you five minutes.

Do we have a killer/kidnapper cab driver on the streets in Manhattan?

I hailed a cab and headed for the Russian Antiques shop 'A La Vielle Russie'.
(More Later..)
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Left paw over the right? I would have never guessed it! Gives you paws....

More trivia from New York:

http://www.newagedirectory.com/dir/nyden.htm

Guess who is in the New Age directory? Yup!

ALEXANDER ARONOV MD Holistic General Practice 259 MINEOLA BLVD
# 204 MINEOLA NY (914) 478-4409

Svetlana search goes on

By RALPH R. ORTEGA and MICHELE McPHEE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Detectives searching for a missing East Side woman pored through taxi cab receipts and cell phone records yesterday - as her parents prayed she would return home.
Svetlana Aronov, 44, has been missing since Monday afternoon, when she took her cocker spaniel, Bim, for a walk and vanished at York Ave. and 68th St. - four blocks from her home.

A parking lot attendant told cops on Friday that a woman fitting Aronov's description had gotten into a yellow cab with a dog around 2:30 p.m. Monday.

That's just about the same time cops think Aronov - the wife of a doctor who was also a dealer in rare books and Russian artifacts - disappeared.

Police sources said detectives were questioning cab companies yesterday and also trying to track down a friend of the Aronovs' who drives a cab.

At the same time, investigators were combing through cell phone records to see if anyone has placed calls from the missing woman's cell phone, which she took with her on the day she disappeared.

Mass in her honor

Meanwhile, Aronov's parents, Anatoli, 65, and Lilia, 67, attended a Mass for their daughter at Christ the Savior Russian Orthodox Church on the upper East Side.

Parishioners greeted the couple with embraces and whispered words of condolences as the priest asked his congregation to keep Svetlana in their daily prayers.

"We prayed for her and her family," said Kathia Negorny, who attended the services. "We hope God will bring her back one day alive and healthy."

The missing woman's husband, Dr. Alexander Aronov, said he plans to return to work this morning to calm his nerves.

He has a private practice with offices in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, and Murray Hill, in Manhattan.

The couple had planned to ski in Italy this week.

"I have to work. It will be positive for me. I'm not a basket case," Aronov said yesterday. "I'm not the praying type, but I don't know where to go anymore.

"I'm just hoping for some happy resolution to come out of all this."

Originally published on March 10, 2003

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/65896p-61395c.html

Notice that no reporter gives the last name of Svetlanas' parents?

www.sanfordsmith.com/nyabookfair/exhibitors.html

At the above link, you will find the exhibitors at the New York Book Fair.
Svetlana had booth D24. Could be that someone at the Fair had a hand in her disappearance?

Aronov is listed on the Worker's Compensation Board as an authorized provider:
The office listed is:

Aronov Alexander
2632 E 21 St Suite 1
Brooklyn, NY 112352941

His specialty is CIM, whatever that is.

Here is a Michael Aronov, who markets dope online:

www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/2825.hTML

Here is another noteworthy Aronov:

Aron Aronov, who arrived in New York eleven years ago, is Coordinator of the Queens office of the New York Association for New Americans, Inc.,Executive Director of the Bukharian Museum, and an activist in the Bukharian community
in Queens.gnab13Sh'ma* June 2001

http://www.shma.com

www.shma.com/NiSh'maJune%2001.pdf

The New York Times

Clues Only Add to Mystery of Woman Who Vanished
By SHAILA K. DEWAN

ince his wife disappeared while walking the dog last Monday, Dr. Alexander Aronov said, he has eaten little and puzzled much.

But today he will return to work at his oncology practice, he said yesterday. On Saturday, he shaved five days' worth of beard.

"I'm totally heartbroken, but I'm not a basket case; I'm spiritually strong," he said, adding that it would be a relief to see patients once more. "The way I feel, it's not life. You're suspended in some torture chamber."

Dr. Aronov said his family had received a steady stream of calls and visits since his wife, Svetlana Aronov, a 44-year-old rare-book dealer and mother of two, failed to pick up her father from the airport last Monday evening. His mother-in-law has brought chicken soup, which he said is the only food he has taken.

Since then, the mysteries have piled up. The police say Ms. Aronov left her home with nothing but a cellphone, an apartment key and her father's dog, a cocker spaniel called Bim. Bloodhounds traced the spaniel's scent for only four blocks from the Aronov family's Upper East Side apartment.

The police have said there are no clues to suggest that she voluntarily vanished, no marital problems, no mental disturbances.

A parking lot attendant has said that he saw Ms. Aronov and the dog get into a taxi at the place and time she is thought to have disappeared. But that, too, was confusing to Dr. Aronov, who is set to celebrate his 25th wedding anniversary in May.

"There is no reason for her to get into a cab," he said. "She was walking the dog, only five minutes' walking distance from our house."

The witness told the police that Ms. Aronov appeared to know the cabdriver, but Dr. Aronov said that reports that the Aronovs had a family friend who drives a cab were incorrect. Maybe some friends, fellow Russian émigrés, had done so in the distant past, he mused.

"Maybe as a first job in America," he said. "But I don't know anyone who drives a cab."

laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reporting, James! This is great, to have a man on the scene. I'll dig up as much trivia about the Aronovs' as I can find.

Here's some more:

This is from the Unclaimed funds, New York:

Name: ARONOV ALEXANDER Account #: 6864250/7376068
Address:105-03 63RD DR., 2ND FL, FOREST HILLS,, NY, 11375

Type of Property: REFUNDS/OTHER AMTS DUE UNDER POLICY TERM
Reported By: ALLCITY INSURANCE COMPANY Year Reported: 1997

Wonder if this was their previous house/apartment?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: ARONOV BORIS Account #: 11302858/12012274
Address: 111 27 66 AVE, FOREST HILLS, NY, 11375 Type of Property: STOCK DIVIDENDS (OTHER THAN ADR)
Reported By: EMPIRE INSURANCE CO Year Reported: 1994

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: ARONOV BORIS Account #: 5064772/5537176
Address: 99-60 64 AVE 2U, REGO PARK, NY, 12223 Type of Property: REFUNDS DUE FOR UTIL SERV NOT FURNISHED
Reported By: CONSOLIDATED EDISON CO OF NEW YORK INC Year Reported: 1997

Note: Boris lives or had a residence or business address near the same area that Uziel (The Hacking Corporation). Rego Park.

Does anyone want to go to the link below and search for possible liens for the Aronovs?

http://appsext3.dos.state.ny.us/pls/ucc_public/web_search.main_frame

This may be related to the Aronovs in question and maybe not:

TILLOTSON & ARONOV, INC.

Current Entity Name: TILLOTSON & ARONOV, INC.
Initial DOS Filing Date: 06/04/1997
County: NEW YORK
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
Current Entity Status: INACTIVE

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
PAUL TILLOTSON
200 EAST END AVE
APT 9N
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10128

Chairman or Chief Executive Officer
PAUL TILLOTSON
200 EAST END AVE
APT 9N
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10128

Principal Executive Office
PAUL TILLOTSON
200 EAST END AVE
APT 9N
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10128

Registered Agent
NONE

TILLOTSON AND ARONOV, LLC

Current Entity Name: TILLOTSON AND ARONOV, LLC
Initial DOS Filing Date: 04/10/2002
County: NEW YORK
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
C/O MIRUS HEALTHCARE, LLC
44 WALL STREET
12TH FLOOR
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10005

Registered Agent
NONE

*** Notice that Aronov is not listed in any capacity on the corporation filing. The first business is inactive. Maybe a falling out of partners?
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little exploring with the name Mirus Healthcare proved interesting.
Seems that it is a software that is used by industry giants such as the Blue Cross/Blue Shield group (Michigan I believe), Kaiser and many more.

What I'm wondering now, do you suppose that Aronov was involved in the marketing of Mirus Healthcare (it's a medical software, see link below) and possibly involved a relative (Boris, the Hacker?) to create a program like Mirus?

http://www.imakenews.com/rcwmirus/e_article000064204.cfm

I can not find anywhere, where Alexander Aronov is listed as an oncologist. MD, PC.

Kate, does the PC stand for something related to treating cancer???
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ The Savior Orthodox Chr - 212-7
44-8502 - 340 E 71st St (2nd & 1st)

http://www.oca.org/pages/directory/listing.asp?KEY=OCA-NY-NYCCSC

The church that Svetlanas' parents attend and the link to the Russian Orthodox website.
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me, from the articles, like Svetlanas' dad goes back to the old country for the books and Svetlana markets them. The timing of her going missing, just as DAD was arriving at the airport (with more books?), seems to play into this somehow.
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Sean Gardiner
Staff Writer

March 8, 2003, 4:33 PM EST

The disappearance of Svetlana Aronov “is getting the full court press,” as one police official said.

“We’re treating it like a homicide,” said the official, who asked not to be named. “Not to say that she’s dead, just it’s receiving the attention of a homicide.”

Actually the missing person case is receiving more attention than average New York homicides, especially slayings in the outer boroughs. And that raises a question: is the disappearance receiving so much police attention because Aronov is a wealthy, white, doctor’s wife from Manhattan?

About “two dozen” detectives were assigned every day last week, police said, to try to find out what happened to Aronov, 44, who vanished while walking her father’s cocker spaniel on Monday. In most homicides, after the rush of the first day of an investigation that could involve scores of officers and evidence technicians, the case is usually left to three or four detectives.

In Aronov’s case, police held a news conference, unusual in a missing persons’ case, the day after she vanished. They traced phone and bank records and are analyzing film from security cameras along York Avenue where Aronov was thought to have walked.

Detectives even traveled to Bridgehampton after receiving a report that Aronov may have been shopping in a grocery store there.

“We’re doing a lot of work, a lot of canvassing,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said last week. “It’s still very much an open and aggressive investigation.”

One detective, who previously worked in the Missing Persons Squad, said as he sees it the case is being given disproportionate attention. “But I understand why it’s happening,” said the detective, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “It’s happening because number one it’s Manhattan, then she’s got money, and her husband’s a doctor, and she’s white.”

“I guess this woman receives the special status because they believe she’s the victim of a crime — why they believe that I don’t know. You can say, well, ‘it’s because she just disappeared,’ but people just disappear all the time and most of them do it on purpose. If I was a missing person and I lived in the Bronx and I wasn’t a doctor, I don’t think the case would get the attention this case has gotten.”

But Deputy Chief Joseph Reznick said certain missing persons’ cases, like Aronov’s, deserve the extra attention they have received.

“It gets more treatment because it appears they’re leaning toward a crime having happened, as opposed to a more typical missing persons case,” said Reznick, who previously headed the Special Investigations Division, which includes the Missing Persons Squad. “You’re adding a criminal mix to the soup, so to speak, so I think it makes sense to use more resources.”

Between 2000 and 2002, 26,433 missing persons’ cases were filed in New York City. More than 70 percent of those cases involved runaways, most of them young women, police said. The next biggest category is elderly people with Alzheimer’s disease.

The so-called “class G” missing persons, the ones involving suspicious disappearances where criminality is feared — “those cases where they just disappeared off the face of the earth” — are rare and inherently require more attention, Reznick said.

He said the idea that more is done when rich Manhattanites disappear is a fallacy.

As an example, he points to the case of Samiya Haqiqi, a Quinnipiac College student of Afghan descent from Flushing. She disappeared in November 1999 after meeting a boyfriend who she planned to break up with. Although they never found her body, investigators spent thousands of hours on the case over the next 2½ years. They finally arrested the boyfriend, who they tracked down in California, after tying him to her slaying through a single hair ripped from her head that was found in his auto repair shop.

As for the idea that the “haves” get special attention over the “have nots,” Reznick said, “It’s always been portrayed that way. But the reality of it is it’s just not the case.”
Copyright © 2003, Newsday, Inc.
Didn't Aronov's live in Forest Hills, per the post above. Unclaimed Funds.

NEIGHBORHOOD REPORT: FOREST HILLS; Preserving an Ancient Jewish Culture in Modern Amber
March 11, 2001, Sunday
By FRANCO J. ORDONEZ
The City Weekly Desk - 549 words

Article on effort, despite lawsuit brought by neighboring synagogue, to build community center for Bukharian Jews, who fled Central Asia after World War II and settled in Soviet Union, in Forest Hills, Queens, in order to preserve their culture; photo (M)

The New York Times wants $2.95 for the rest of this article...
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this quote:

“We’re treating it like a homicide,” said the official, who asked not to be named. “Not to say that she’s dead, just it’s receiving the attention of a homicide.”

We're going to pound this home in Chandra's story to make sure people know what the DC police didn't do to catch her killer. And here's some excellent supporting information, proven over and over again:

The so-called “class G” missing persons, the ones involving suspicious disappearances where criminality is feared — “those cases where they just disappeared off the face of the earth” — are rare and inherently require more attention, Reznick said.

He said the idea that more is done when rich Manhattanites disappear is a fallacy.

As an example, he points to the case of Samiya Haqiqi, a Quinnipiac College student of Afghan descent from Flushing. She disappeared in November 1999 after meeting a boyfriend who she planned to break up with. Although they never found her body, investigators spent thousands of hours on the case over the next 2½ years. They finally arrested the boyfriend, who they tracked down in California, after tying him to her slaying through a single hair ripped from her head that was found in his auto repair shop.

end quote

The boyfriend did it. A Modesto detective said the other day, "Love kills more people than anything else." Washington DC police refused to investigate Chandra Levy as a murder and Congressman Condit as a boyfriend of a missing woman. There's only reason for that, and it's spelled Congressman.

rd

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a crime and a shame that Chandra didn't get one fraction of the attention, in terms of real crime investigation. Still, they are holding her remains and keeping the Levy team from attempting to learn anything. The crime is ongoing.

You don't believe in conspiracies yet?

More about the Aronovs:

The Forest Hills location, listed above:

10503 63rd Avenue:

Property Location:
Street Address: 10503 63 AVENUE Community Forest Hills
Section: 4.0 Block: 2145 Lot: 61.0 Condo Unit: 0
SWIS(District): 630006 School District: 650000
Property Class: 210 Open Building Permit

Ownership and Mailing Address:
Name: WANG, NORA YI ZHI
Street: 2810 N PARHAM RD RICHMOND VA 23294
-

Dimensions 20.00 x 95.00 Road Type Improved
Total Area 1,900.00 Water Commercial/Public
Acres 0.00 Sewer Commercial/Public
Total Records for Parcel Utilities Gas/Electric
Waterfront Property Historic District
Easements Zoning Not Provided
East & North 0 / 0 Latitude & Longitude 0
Site Market Estimate $ Site Land Value $
Building and Improvement Information
Property Class 210 Kitchens
Building Style Not Provided Bedrooms
Stories 2.00 Baths
Year Built 1945 Basement Type
Total Building Area 1,945.00 Finished Basement
First Floor Basement Garage Capacity
Second Floor Attached Garage Capacity
Additional Floor Finished Over Garage
Construction Grade Central Air
Exterior Wall Type Fireplaces
Condition Heat Type
Grade Adjustment Finished Attic
Porch Type Porch Area
Assessment Data Current Prior Year 2nd Prior Year
Land $9,040.00 $0.00 $0.00 County Taxable $18,240.00
Building $9,200.00 $0.00 $0.00 Town Taxable Value $18,240.00
Total $18,240.00 $0.00 $0.00 School Taxable $18,240.00
Date of Roll 99 Village Taxable $
County Exempt $0.00
School Relevy 0 School Exempt $0.00
Village Relevy 0 Village Exempt $0.00
Special Districts Total Exemptions
Sales Information
Additional Sales Associated Sale
"Arm's Length" Number of Parcels
Seller (Grantor) CALICHIO, JOHN J Mortgage Number
Buyer (Grantee) WANG, NORA YI ZHI Book/Page :
Sale Price $202,000 Bank Code
Sale Date 3/30/1994 Land Assess at Sale
Deed Date 4/22/94 Total Assess at Sale
Deed Type Assessment Year
Liber/Page 3855: 836 Commentary 1
Sales History
Owner Sale Date Sale Price Land Value Total Value Arms Length Deed Book Deed Page Deed Type Deed Date
WANG, NORA YI ZHI 3/30/1994 202000 3855 836 4/22/94 **********

Currently, there are 6 phones listed to people at the 63rd street address. The landlord, Nora Wang, lives in Virginia.

Pobre, Dennis G
10503 63rd Dr
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-896-5398

Pobre, J
10503 63rd Dr
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-896-0252

Sinha, Adhinav
10503 63rd Dr
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-459-1394

Thanday, Satheesh
10503 63rd Dr
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-896-1864

Recalde, Manuel
10503 63rd Rd
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-830-0837

Aminova, Eleonora
10503 63rd Ave
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-896-0606
jane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More evidence of rd actually being a dog - he has paws.

ls, very cute - "Gives you paws"!

rd, if your left paw is on top, then your right thumb is on top, which means left brain thinker.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I clasp my hands, my left thumb is over my right thumb. That makes my left paw on top, right? I can't believe I'm a right brain thinker either, but left thumb is over right thumb.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But your right thumb is higher, isn't it? On top of the knuckle of the left hand?

Note: I later figured out that it's important to clasp as when shaking hands, not with fingers interlaced.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the left thumb is over the knuckle of the right thumb, and the corresponding left finger is on top of the right finger all the way down. The reverse position was extremely unnatural until I tried it a few times, but I have to will it to clasp that way.

I am surprised myself. I have zero right side artistic capabilities in music or any of the other arts. I am very poor at advanced math which is also a right side gift. I'll have to look into it again to see what is in the right side that I could be using.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: